Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Money Tree Woes

My money trees are not growing. They're planted and just not growing at all. I tried planting new ones and it says it's too cold. It's the middle of summer. Any idea what's happening?

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    A lot of the unsheltered plants are still buggy. I shelter all my plants and they seem less buggy. You will have to make the walls higher to plant your money trees inside ;) Hopefully one day all of our plants will be fixed :)
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    A lot of the unsheltered plants are still buggy. I shelter all my plants and they seem less buggy. You will have to make the walls higher to plant your money trees inside ;) Hopefully one day all of our plants will be fixed :)

I have a greenhouse so would they grow inside the greenhouse? Everything else is growing fine except the money trees.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    gbaisden wrote: »

I have a greenhouse so would they grow inside the greenhouse? Everything else is growing fine except the money trees.

They should if your walls are tall enough ;)
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    You might want to check your household inventory. After a glitch, like leaving the lot, it reverts back to dirt and takes another 7 days for it to grow, but the money fruit from that day winds up in your build mode household items.

If it isn’t producing fruit at all you could try to demolish it and then undo the action, that may work.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    My money trees are not growing. They're planted and just not growing at all. I tried planting new ones and it says it's too cold. It's the middle of summer. Any idea what's happening?

Did you plant them in the lots at the mountaintop in Mt. Komorebi where it's snowing even during summer? Some plants seem to be affected by temperature, not just season, I had some plants that refused to grow in Sulani. If they are stuck you could try reset them.
    crocobaura wrote: »

Did you plant them in the lots at the mountaintop in Mt. Komorebi where it's snowing even during summer? Some plants seem to be affected by temperature, not just season, I had some plants that refused to grow in Sulani. If they are stuck you could try reset them.

My sims live in Newcrest. Going to try all the suggestions...thank you everyone. Will let you know if anything works.
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    You might want to check your household inventory. After a glitch, like leaving the lot, it reverts back to dirt and takes another 7 days for it to grow, but the money fruit from that day winds up in your build mode household items.

If it isn’t producing fruit at all you could try to demolish it and then undo the action, that may work.

This worked! Demolish and undo the action worked! They're trees now instead of a mound of dirt. Thank you!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

This worked! Demolish and undo the action worked! They're trees now instead of a mound of dirt. Thank you!

Great! No problem :smile:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    If you are into mods, Carl's Sims 4 Guide has a mod, I think it's because of this mod, push Shift and left click that brings up a menu, click Growth Stage, click on Mature, and the plant/tree reverts back to mature...sheltered also helps. During the fall and winter, I use the patio warmer to put by the plants and bee boxes. I'm sure they get cold too.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    If you are into mods, Carl's Sims 4 Guide has a mod, I think it's because of this mod, push Shift and left click that brings up a menu, click Growth Stage, click on Mature, and the plant/tree reverts back to mature...sheltered also helps. During the fall and winter, I use the patio warmer to put by the plants and bee boxes. I'm sure they get cold too.

@bshag4lv that's not part of Carl's mod. I don't use Carl's mod & have been using the SHIFT-left click, Growth Stage cheat for a few years now.
    bshag4lv wrote: »

What is a patio warmer?