Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    A lighthouse in a sims 4 world...

groundbreaking.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

groundbreaking.
    This isn’t the first world with a lighthouse, Brindleton bay has one that happens to be a woohoo spot too
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

groundbreaking.
    This isn’t the first world with a lighthouse, Brindleton bay has one that happens to be a woohoo spot too

Also Tartosa has a lighthouse sims can atleast get close to.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited January 2023
    I guess ThirteenCatz2 was ironic ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was wondering if the San in San sequoia along with the bear icon in the road map could be referring to the San Diego zoo. The last world we got had a pier with rides so could it be possible to get a zoo to visit?
    I don't know how high this chance is but the thought crossed my mind today so I wanted to share it.

Zoos would make sense in a Generations EP. Hope it happens.

The bear could hint at both the zoo and the dentist.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

groundbreaking.

And if two sims conceive a child in that lighthouse, their kid will get a moodlet whenever they return to the spot.
    Happy simming!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    If this is based on 'Frisco', I hope they include Fisherman's Warf, the cable cars, the hilly terrain, an extensive waterfront, and not repeat the San Myshuno mistake of too much of it being fake backdrop - even in the areas we can go to. As an old navy man that place has soooo many associations.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    If this is based on 'Frisco', I hope they include Fisherman's Warf, the cable cars, the hilly terrain, an extensive waterfront, and not repeat the San Myshuno mistake of too much of it being fake backdrop - even in the areas we can go to. As an old navy man that place has soooo many associations.

A Fishermans wharf would be awesome.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Nushka wrote: »

groundbreaking.

And if two sims conceive a child in that lighthouse, their kid will get a moodlet whenever they return to the spot.
    No way 😂 now I gotta go try that out

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

groundbreaking.

It's broken, I think 🙁
    somewhsome wrote: »

groundbreaking.

It's broken, I think 🙁

You mean the lighthouse is no longer working?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

groundbreaking.

It's broken, I think 🙁

You mean the lighthouse is no longer working?

I mean sims that were concieved at the lighthouse don't get a special moodlet now.
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/11/04/sims-4-hidden-trait-and-buff-lighthouse-baby/
    It’s a hidden trait, lmao tho. “Oddly reminiscent”🥸🤣
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    How many lots will this new world/ pack have?
    I hope it's more than six or seven :|
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    > @SelinaKyles said:
    > This isn’t the first world with a lighthouse, Brindleton bay has one that happens to be a woohoo spot too

I was being extremely sarcastic lol
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was wondering if the San in San sequoia along with the bear icon in the road map could be referring to the San Diego zoo. The last world we got had a pier with rides so could it be possible to get a zoo to visit?
    I don't know how high this chance is but the thought crossed my mind today so I wanted to share it.

Zoos would make sense in a Generations EP. Hope it happens.

Oh man... I would loooooove a zoo for our simmies to visit. Imagine if we could get to customize a zoo venue, what fun!
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Patrice wrote: »

It's more likely an Expansion Pack so more than 10 is for sure.
    AlanSims wrote: »

I'm hoping for new lot types as well like zoos,cinemas and even malls. Malls would fit in a Generations EP and I'm talking about Malls like Freeplay has.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    If this is actually a new world, I hope they rethink its name. I already get Brindleton Bay and Britechester mixed up all the time because they start with the same three letters, don't want to imagine what would happen with two worlds that start with "San".

Other than that, looks cool! City worlds may not be my personal favourites aesthetics-wise, but they add variety, and another one is long overdue. I hope it comes with new apartments, too, or even lets us build our own.

If I was able to build my own apartments from scratch I would be ecstatic about it, but I am not counting on it and I do not see any surprises. Of all the Neighborhoods that came out already majority of it is just art or decoration.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited January 2023

My guess is that it will be a Henford-sized world. I'm picturing three neighborhoods, set out something like this: (1) a downtown neighborhood with a non-editable beach or esplanade area with a lighthouse and the bridge backdrop, a bar, a library, and if we're lucky, a single empty lot and/or a new venue type (maybe a daycare?); (2) a residential neighborhood with four lots: one empty, three created by gamechangers; and (3) a wooded neighborhood with a large park/hiking area, tons of non-editable foresty area with redwoods, and 1-2 residential lots... again, an empty one if we're lucky, and one created by a gamechanger.

ETA: I'm also guessing that in the downtown areas we will see more of the shell buildings with a few interactions.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Oh man... I would loooooove a zoo for our simmies to visit. Imagine if we could get to customize a zoo venue, what fun!
    I'm more interested in debug zoo animals. We could put exotic animals in our homes.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    I'm more interested in debug zoo animals. We could put exotic animals in our homes.
    Did you mean: Dragons
    I'd rather a Jurassic Park
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I saw this when googling marin county
    marin-county-homes-for-sale-25--million-74-bellevue-ave-belvedere.jpg
    and I immediately thought of this old concept art world we never got in sims 4
    whit-brachna-snootheights03-5.jpg

* conspiracy gal activated*
    much a reach but i do wonder if that concept world is to ever exist

Ohhhhh that concept art is nice. I am hoping for maybe some kind of neighborhood that also has attached townhouses that act as apartments. I think that'd be cool.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member

I'm hoping for new lot types as well like zoos,cinemas and even malls. Malls would fit in a Generations EP and I'm talking about Malls like Freeplay has.

Oh interesting. They did have shopping malls as a voting choice in the community 2020 survey. I wonder if we will actually get one.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    So why that font? It feels like they’re doing it to make a reference to a show, it looks familiar but I can’t figure out where

The only sitcom that was set in San Francisco that i'm aware of was Full House/ Fuller House.

@Brd709 why only a sitcom? There was also the crime show The Streets of San Francisco.

I used to watch that one, too. Plus in RL I have been in San Francisco.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/