Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Because of the name I think that the world is inspired by San Francisco. The bridges which are similar to the one posted in the teaser you can find everywhere so I try to not use it as a hint.

Someone has posted that the same bridge you can find in Sydney:

Anzac_Bridge_and_Sydney_harbour_Bridge_from_Glebe_Point.jpg

But anyway. I'm sure that the world will have 11 questionable lots and that's all.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    edited January 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see some in game screenshots. Depending on the graphics and the vibe this could be another world to expand my Del Sol Valley/L.A. storytelling. Even if it isn't I'm still a world geek and love having new worlds for my sims and I to explore.

I get an ‘outskirts of town’ vibe.. like a city but a particular neighbourhood. Maybe the park area will make a nice meeting/lunch spot for city sims. I do think the concept art looks nice, hopefully it will fit the stories!

With Sequoia in the name trees should be a big feature with this world, at least in one neighborhood. A park with lots of trees where sims can meet, go for walks, or have picnics would be great. I would love it if we could have them go hiking through it like with the forest area in Mt. Komorebi. Instead of a shrine as one of the attractions have the path at some point reach a bluff overlooking a bay and the bridge.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2023
    I wish the EA team would rather decide the city's name *before* partying. San Sequoia feels... just too weird... (yes, I read what it means, but it is still another world name inviting for a lot of typos)

I already foresee me just calling it ''SS''
    or maybe I will just refer to San Myshuno and San Sequoia as one SanCity from now on :lol:
    oh well maybe one day I'll remember how it is spelled and actually use the right name
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Wouldn't it be nice if this world would have a few apartments, just like evergreen harbour already added a few.

I also hope we can one day get a European city like Paris or London. But right now I am looking forward to a San Francisco like world
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    So why that font? It feels like they’re doing it to make a reference to a show, it looks familiar but I can’t figure out where

The only sitcom that was set in San Francisco that i'm aware of was Full House/ Fuller House.

@Brd709 why only a sitcom? There was also the crime show The Streets of San Francisco.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Brd709 wrote: »
    So why that font? It feels like they’re doing it to make a reference to a show, it looks familiar but I can’t figure out where

The only sitcom that was set in San Francisco that i'm aware of was Full House/ Fuller House.

@Brd709 why only a sitcom? There was also the crime show The Streets of San Francisco.

I never watched "Full/fuller house", but if it is about a family growing bigger and bigger, it seems quite spot on ref the family tree/relatives theme of this pack...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    The bridge in the line drawing looks a lot different from the Golden Gate bridge in the color art. The line-drawn one looks to me like the Zakim Bunker Hill bridge in Boston.
    476000-Zakim-Bunker-Hill-Bridge.jpg

Someone else ( @JustinB113 ?) mentioned Boston Harbor...

Mhmm I heard it’s all relative is the name of a sitcom in Boston. And it has a bridge and a lighthouse. But I don’t know the USA as well as others and everyone is saying California :smile:

Perhaps they use multiple places for inspiration.
    edited January 2023
    just a thought but are these two pictures same world though as it says ''worlds''
    1.png
    it could be it isn't even the one with san francisco looking bridge :sweat_smile:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Yep, I noticed the bridge in the both photos. Definitely looks like San Francisco.

Edit: I wonder if we will be able to go to the bridge or will it just be decor. This could be a time for them to introduce cars to the game.

I have had the experience of going over that bridge a few times in my life. I never lived in that portion of CA. I lived in Southern CA, but hubby was stationed up in Washington State, years ago. We drove all the way from the southernmost tip of CA up to that state. Then when he came home, we crossed it again. It is beautiful, but they don't recommend you stop on the bridge. I'm told, you can feel the sway if you stop. No, thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 692 Member
    wikipedia has a long list of TV shows in San Francisco
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_shows_set_in_San_Francisco
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 692 Member
    And here is the wiki list of movies set in San Francisco
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_set_in_San_Francisco
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited January 2023
    I'll happily take another waterfront city. My fingers are crossed for more apartment options. The hints thus far have confirmed to me that this world is most definitely a sampling of the San Fransisco/California type of setting. Maybe there might even be a large mountain-y sequoia forest neighbourhood for camping, picnics, cabin renting?

Will San Sequoia have:
    - An oceanfront boardwalk?
    - Family/pet friendly parks?
    - Balcony apartments with water/bridge views?
    - Tall skinny row houses?
    - Access to swimming or maybe even boats?
    - 3 or 4 different types of neighbourhoods (city center, residential/suburb, waterfront park, sequoia forest)?
    - Any type of cultural attractions specific to the San Fransisco/Bay area in real life? (I'm thinking like a Haight-Ashbury boho area?)
    - Coffee houses, comedy clubs, boho hippie retail shops, etc?
    - Ride-able tram cars?

This place could have so much potential! :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited January 2023
    As I said in the Speculation roadmap thread, when we first saw the picture with the bridge in the background late last year my original thought was, "suburb of San Francisco." Now I'm specifically getting strong Marin County vibes. Marin County has Muir Woods, and... as I also mentioned in the other thread... Marin County historically had tons of bears. The population had significantly dwindled in the last several decades, but it's starting to make a comeback in the last few years. So maybe there's a bit of a tie-in there; there could be bear themes/a local sports team with a bear mascot/a neighborhood and/or park with a bit of lore about bears in the description/etc. (I don't think we will get actual bears; it would be pretty weird to get bears before horses!)

Or the bears could just be a hint to more gameplay for children, since they already have the bear phase. But why not both?

This may be more of an American cultural thing, but people talk about parents being a "mama bear" or "papa bear." (I.e., a fiercely protective parent.) So maybe there will be new traits related to that? Regardless, to bring it back to the world, whatever is going on with the bear motif, the world seems very Marin County-influenced to me.

Edited to add this, from the Wikipedia page on MC: "Marin County is in Northern California, across the Golden Gate Strait from San Francisco. The sprawling Marin Headlands has Golden Gate Bridge views, trails and the 1855 Point Bonita Lighthouse. North are the giant redwood trees of Muir Woods National Monument. Mount Tamalpais State Park’s namesake peak has panoramic views. The Frank Lloyd Wright–designed Marin County Civic Center is in county seat San Rafael."

Personally, I adore Sausalito, so I would love if that's the primary influence. Also, this is major wildcard, but if we ever were to actually get houseboats in TS4, that would be a perfect opportunity for it, since they are all over the place in Sausalito. (I don't think it's likely, but it would be an awfully nice bonus.) I'd settle for two-person sailboats, though!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Well I'm expecting a beautiful world like Tartosa, with a lot of shell, decorative non-interactive buildings taking up precious real estate.

But I'm always happy to be proven wrong, so if they gave us a gorgeous world with plenty of lots and for sure townhouse apartments, I would be over the moon.

I'll just keep my expectations super low so I'm not irritated when it's not what I was really hoping for.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    Vancouver BC. :-) Lions Gate Bridge & Stanley Park Seawall. Just how it looks to me
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'll happily take another waterfront city. My fingers are crossed for more apartment options. The hints thus far have confirmed to me that this world is most definitely a sampling of the San Fransisco/California type of setting. Maybe there might even be a large mountain-y sequoia forest neighbourhood for camping, picnics, cabin renting?

Will San Sequoia have:
    - An oceanfront boardwalk?
    - Family/pet friendly parks?
    - Balcony apartments with water/bridge views?
    - Tall skinny row houses?
    - Access to swimming or maybe even boats?
    - 3 or 4 different types of neighbourhoods (city center, residential/suburb, waterfront park, sequoia forest)?
    - Any type of cultural attractions specific to the San Fransisco/Bay area in real life? (I'm thinking like a Haight-Ashbury boho area?)
    - Coffee houses, comedy clubs, boho hippie retail shops, etc?
    - Ride-able tram cars?

This place could have so much potential! :smiley:

All good questions I'd like to know as well.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I wish the EA team would rather decide the city's name *before* partying. San Sequoia feels... just too weird... (yes, I read what it means, but it is still another world name inviting for a lot of typos)

Yes, the name's also wrong, in Spanish, Sequoia is feminine so it should have been Santa Sequoia (like it's Santa Ana or Santa Clara).
    Happy simming!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,408 Member
    I was wondering if the San in San sequoia along with the bear icon in the road map could be referring to the San Diego zoo. The last world we got had a pier with rides so could it be possible to get a zoo to visit?
    I don't know how high this chance is but the thought crossed my mind today so I wanted to share it.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    edited January 2023
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    we are already getting freed babies and I assume items that go with that. So I think that is the diaper. But then, there is the family tree, a tie-in to babies, In the summit we saw dentures in a cup which means elders. so maybe we will get generations... or at least more elder stuff. Adding teeth-related things for each age group. but the kid may mean generations with an event. the bear though...

I didn't know they were freeing babies. I think it is infants. They are between babies and toddlers.
    edited January 2023
    I saw this when googling marin county
    marin-county-homes-for-sale-25--million-74-bellevue-ave-belvedere.jpg
    and I immediately thought of this old concept art world we never got in sims 4
    whit-brachna-snootheights03-5.jpg

* conspiracy gal activated*
    much a reach but i do wonder if that concept world is to ever exist
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I saw this when googling marin county
    marin-county-homes-for-sale-25--million-74-bellevue-ave-belvedere.jpg
    and I immediately thought of this old concept art world we never got in sims 4
    whit-brachna-snootheights03-5.jpg

* conspiracy gal activated*
    much a reach but i do wonder if that concept world is to ever exist

That's pretty cool! I've never seen that concept art before, but I would definitely have sims live in that world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was wondering if the San in San sequoia along with the bear icon in the road map could be referring to the San Diego zoo. The last world we got had a pier with rides so could it be possible to get a zoo to visit?
    I don't know how high this chance is but the thought crossed my mind today so I wanted to share it.

Zoos would make sense in a Generations EP. Hope it happens.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I actually Googled San Sequoia. It's a National Park resort in the States.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes, it the Sequoia National Park where you find a lot of the Sequoia trees. Pics of it are awesome!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Do you guys think they were hinting at this new world when they made the The Moonwood Collective hangout in Moonwood Mill? It looks like it could be a giant sequoia tree. Would be nice if they have a neigbourhood that's designed like a national park too. Wonder what activities would be included.