Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Self's House (Again)

Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Lots
My sim self is newly divorced for a second time and now he is a single man again, he's looking to re-decorate his home. His home was last decorated by his second youngest daughter Beatrix and her partner Grant when they took over the house for a year in 1989. We're now in to 1993 in my current save and he is looking to turn his home in to a bachelor pad. He lives with his teenage daughter Elizabeth from his second marriage.

Below is how his current house looks:
oVskCUq.png

The current layout is taken from a set on an Australian soap opera called 'Neighbours'
nDwwYO5.jpg

He's even thought about several times completely changing the 'Neighbours' layout to how the house actually looks like inside.
3D Tour of the real property:
https://players.cupix.com/p/oXjPekTy

I feel i've done all i can with the 'Neighbours layout' and now i want to use the real layout of the house.

I created a test save with the real life layout already and it seems easy to navigate around, using the real floorplan of the actual property is taking a bit of getting used to.

If i were to keep the 'Neighbours' layout, what colours would you suggest for creating a bachelor pad? I'm thinking brick walls etc?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I would go with the actual layout, myself. As for colors should you keep the old, express yourself. Have fun. I generally will hold up one panel of the 'new' wall treatment before I decide to go with it. I've changed Erik's Music/Man Cave walls at least twice, now. It can be intimidating at first, but allow yourself to experiment. You'll know when you've got it right.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    I would go with the actual layout, myself. As for colors should you keep the old, express yourself. Have fun. I generally will hold up one panel of the 'new' wall treatment before I decide to go with it. I've changed Erik's Music/Man Cave walls at least twice, now. It can be intimidating at first, but allow yourself to experiment. You'll know when you've got it right.

When i returned to the Sims 4 in 2021 i had all the Neighbours sets in the six properties they use exterior shots of. As one of those six houses came up for sale or rent in real life i replaced the Neighbours layout with the real life layout.

For some reason because this is my sim self's house and the home where his nine children were born and all passed through there at one point or another i'm finding it difficult to decide which layout to use.
    @GalacticGal I've spent the last two days in a test save coming up with a design scheme for the lounge room of the actual layout of my sim self's house. Here's what i've done with it. I've gone for a biscuit and red theme:

OEN3svS.png
    CNSQgmA.png
    R1CHtIM.png
    SajU1PU.png

I tried the exact colour scheme in the current layout of my sim self's house and it didn't do well as it does in the actual layout.
    I've done the same colour scheme on the current layout, I clicked on the wrong colour and the red and grey looks quite good i think and i'm torn still:
    eOs2Vv5.png
    G3zpu5z.png
    2LLg5h7.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited January 2023
    such splendid color combination for bachelor pad

if anything i think one thing i would add is maybe make it less so formal and more so personal given that he is no longer required to think what his wife thinks of his visions for the house

bring on the hobbies and niche interests ;)

I do also feel the tv is tad futuristic for the time period :lol: but tbh i only notice it because i have fond and less fond memories of the thiccy tvs from 90s
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    such splendid color combination for bachelor pad

if anything i think one thing i would add is maybe make it less so formal and more so personal given that he is no longer required to think what his wife thinks of his visions for the house

bring on the hobbies and niche interests ;)

Thank you! I like the shade of grey, i'm getting New York apartment vibes with the grey. Not sure why that exact state comes to mind though.

I'm leaning towards the actual layout of the house the more i walk through it and play with it. Yes, it's different and to some it may appear a bit cramped. But it's actually easy to navigate around with the camera.