Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
This Is the place to discuss San Sequoia the New World coming in the Next Expansion. It was revealed in the Roadmap and looks like San Francisco. There appears to be a lighthouse that our sims may be able to visit. Feel free to post pictures of this world once their revealed.

Update
Map with Lot Sizes
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited January 2023
    Yep, I noticed the bridge in the both photos. Definitely looks like San Francisco.

Edit: I wonder if we will be able to go to the bridge or will it just be decor. This could be a time for them to introduce cars to the game.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    edited January 2023
    Oops meant to edit the other post.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    The bridge definitely makes me think of San Francisco, even if I only have seen San Francisco on TV.

Also another lighthouse after brindleton Bay and tartosa. If it is shown like this in the road map, I wonder if we can visit it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Yep, I noticed the bridge in the both photos. Definitely looks like San Francisco.

Edit: I wonder if we will be able to go to the bridge or will it just be decor. This could be a time for them to introduce cars to the game.

I think we'll be able to walk on the bridge. I hope the world is swimmable though and takes advantage of all that water.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2023
    I hope we get something similar to Bellas Belles Townhomes in form of apartments this would be perfect time and pack theme for those

if not at least give me small lots close to each other to make it so

also expecting some kiddo hangouts off lot like playgrounds or such given family theme

or some kind of sporting areas maybe
    but that depends if there is to be sports involved which idk

I just get sporty vibes from the picture
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    If this is actually a new world, I hope they rethink its name. I already get Brindleton Bay and Britechester mixed up all the time because they start with the same three letters, don't want to imagine what would happen with two worlds that start with "San".

Other than that, looks cool! City worlds may not be my personal favourites aesthetics-wise, but they add variety, and another one is long overdue. I hope it comes with new apartments, too, or even lets us build our own.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    A city world is good but I’m a bit done with American inspired locations. It’s a huge world out there yet almost all of the worlds are based on the USA. There’s like 13 American worlds already, 14 if you count Batuu as a Disney theme park. In terms of culture and aesthetic America really isn’t so interesting to non Americans to warrant so much content when so many other countries aren’t represented at all.

If it is a city world, we already have an American city so it would be better to do something like Paris or London. When I originally saw all the colourful buildings and the sims skin tones I was expecting a Latin inspired world, Brazil, Portugal, Colombia etc.

Henford, Windenburg and Mt Komorebi are 3 of the most popular worlds so idk why they keep going to USA.
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So why that font? It feels like they’re doing it to make a reference to a show, it looks familiar but I can’t figure out where
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    So why that font? It feels like they’re doing it to make a reference to a show, it looks familiar but I can’t figure out where

The only sitcom that was set in San Francisco that i'm aware of was Full House/ Fuller House.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    That’s the only one I can think of too.
    Saw this on Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/108m3nx/interesting_speculation_about_the_dlcs_world/
    The bridge and lighthouse look extremely similar, but the name of the world is obviously a spin from San Francisco. Looking forward to any new info on the world
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »

The only sitcom that was set in San Francisco that i'm aware of was Full House/ Fuller House.

Wasn't Charmed set in San Francisco? Although I guess it's a drama, not a sitcom.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited January 2023
    Oi, so many hints to relatives and family reunion. "It's all Relative" - and the "Reunion". There is even a "family tree" with trad. family photo frames... I think the pack will come with large events like a family tree get together, probably the game can toss us a never before seen Auntie or old Uncle arranging it all, and perhaps new relations and the better liked relative inherits a huge mansion in this new world, hehe. Perhaps we can finally plot the story/line of a family/tribe with specific goals for the entire klan, raher han individuals? (Great-granny Ezmeralda is very sick but still head of the klan, and now she demands all relatives to [insert]). This sort of events could easily blend with a Generations approach.

I don't mind another American city, as I always thought of San Myshuno as a semi Asian city. That said, the new world don't need to come with central city hoods, it could also focus on sub quarters.

The map includes tooth paste - is it a kit focusing on bathroom deco? The diaper might hint to a Nursery kit?

The "big update" ought to be freed babies...

Looking forward to more...

Adding: The new pack icon is a Bear with a crown! It could hint to head of the tribe/family, royals, or that one location for such family reunion events is a zoo :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    actually I wouldn't mind this world being similar to san myshuno cause I could use extension of myshuno

all I hope is that it isn't too newcrest 2.0
    if we have new world there ought to be something to do there in specific
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I don't mind another city that is similar to San Myshuno or maybe an extension of it or an American city. I would love to have a French theme city at some point in the game that would be awesome.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,657 Member
    I can't wait to see some in game screenshots. Depending on the graphics and the vibe this could be another world to expand my Del Sol Valley/L.A. storytelling. Even if it isn't I'm still a world geek and love having new worlds for my sims and I to explore.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I can't wait to see some in game screenshots. Depending on the graphics and the vibe this could be another world to expand my Del Sol Valley/L.A. storytelling. Even if it isn't I'm still a world geek and love having new worlds for my sims and I to explore.

I get an ‘outskirts of town’ vibe.. like a city but a particular neighbourhood. Maybe the park area will make a nice meeting/lunch spot for city sims. I do think the concept art looks nice, hopefully it will fit the stories!
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    we are already getting freed babies and I assume items that go with that. So I think that is the diaper. But then, there is the family tree, a tie-in to babies, In the summit we saw dentures in a cup which means elders. so maybe we will get generations... or at least more elder stuff. Adding teeth-related things for each age group. but the kid may mean generations with an event. the bear though...
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    I hope there is a upper class area with larger lots. I wouldn't mind a gated community area.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I wish the EA team would rather decide the city's name *before* partying. San Sequoia feels... just too weird... (yes, I read what it means, but it is still another world name inviting for a lot of typos)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Strange name, considering San Francisco is named for Saint Francis.
    San Sequoia seems odd mishmash of cultures for that. But then again, it's The Sims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    The bridge made me thing of San Francisco. Also the Sequoia part because there are giant Sequoia trees close to San Francisco I think.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    As a Bay Area native, San Sequoia is calling my name!! The bridge shape reminds me of lava lamps and the icons remind me of those old “let’s all go to the lobby” commercials. Hoping this is pointing to some retro/vintage vibes, I love that style for my sims.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I hope the map focuses on the cityscape and housing, with dedicated parks for greenery. We haven't had a proper city-city since San Myshuno, 7 years ago. But I doubt we'll get that, since they'll probably want a lot of space for kids to play.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I hope there is some new lot types in this world. We need more lot types. Maybe cinemas,zoos etc.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member

The bridge in the line drawing looks a lot different from the Golden Gate bridge in the color art. The line-drawn one looks to me like the Zakim Bunker Hill bridge in Boston.
    476000-Zakim-Bunker-Hill-Bridge.jpg

Someone else ( @JustinB113 ?) mentioned Boston Harbor...
    gen3-banner.png