Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! Sims dying and sims having babies

I have a situation with my played sims. I do rotational game play. my sim gets a phone call one of my sims died then I am looking over my households and another has a 3rd child! My sims never die unless I make it happen or they're an elder. Are neighborhood stories causing this? Something is causing havoc in my played households. 😢

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    Do you have NS enabled for your rotational households?
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member

That's what got me. I just saw you can set it for each household. I went to an earlier save and got back my sim that died. The baby is still there for the other house, I can deal with that lol.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    gbaisden wrote: »

That's what got me. I just saw you can set it for each household. I went to an earlier save and got back my sim that died. The baby is still there for the other house, I can deal with that lol.

Glad you got it sorted out. Phew. While I do enjoy reading the tidbits of what's happening in other households (reminds me of the newspaper my Sims had to read to know what was going on in the world around them), I have lost more important NPCs than one can imagine. I just made certain to adjust the NS for the masses, and double-checked my played families, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Just turn off aging in the game options & select neither in CAS so they don't have babies.
    gbaisden wrote: »

Glad you got it sorted out. Phew. While I do enjoy reading the tidbits of what's happening in other households (reminds me of the newspaper my Sims had to read to know what was going on in the world around them), I have lost more important NPCs than one can imagine. I just made certain to adjust the NS for the masses, and double-checked my played families, too.

I have my played sims set up exactly as I want for story purposes then I started getting notifications my sim died, my sim has another baby. She already has 2 toddlers and I didn't want the second but let it go and was in shock to see a 3rd baby. My friend told me to check NS for each house. That's what did it lol. Very, very strange deaths going on when checking the mailbox to see what's going on in the hood.

I don't know how to get rid of the 3rd baby. 2 tots and a newborn are a bit much for me. Love playing families but I space the kids out. I feel guilty for not wanting the 3rd baby lol.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2023
    I keep aging off most of the time because I get attached to my sims…. Lol. And in my rotational saves I have NS turned off. Though I can see playing a legacy ( or playing with one or just a few households ) with NS on, with it moderated a bit so not everyone is having babies or dying at the same time…. Lol. But, I have large rotational saves and most of my sims interact with other sims in the rotation most of the time.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    You can set NS individually for each house, as you are.

Or you can go into Household Manager and do settings for all played households (My Households), and then settings for all Other Households. Note that these two are separate, even though they look like the same button in the interface.

Or you can go into Game Options and turn the whole system off, if you don't want it on at all.
    gen3-banner.png
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @GalacticGal Yea about seeing what's up with other sims household's i like knowing that too. I think Ea should add a little box that appears when you hover over a family that tells you if they have a job or not, there relationships, marriages, as well as other information. This could help you know what to adjust in Neighborhood stories much faster and more efficiently. I write a lot of stuff down in a little note pad, like what gallery items i added and if I went into build mode and edited them, many houses don't have toddler beds, i like to add them.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @gbaisden I've had issues with neighborhood stories as well, and someone told me that it is glitched in some cases, for some people. And they suggested I go into options and turn it off. But I don't want to do that. I reinstalled everything not too long ago and its fine now.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I keep aging off most of the time because I get attached to my sims…. Lol. And in my rotational saves I have NS turned off. Though I can see playing a legacy ( or playing with one or just a few households ) with NS on, with it moderated a bit so not everyone is having babies or dying at the same time…. Lol. But, I have large rotational saves and most of my sims interact with other sims in the rotation most of the time.

I don't mind if they adopt a pet but having one baby after another was crazy and dying. I was in such shock lol.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Check neighborhood stories, as well as gameplay options. In gameplay options you can give Sims a long life span, short, or average. You can also keep aging off the Sims you play, so things like that don't happen.
    for neighborhood stories, I have everything off for my Sims, and have edited some for Sims I don't play, to prevent unwanted things from happening.
    Neighborhood stories strikes again! So I am switching households and see my sim has adopted 2 kids. I KNOW I set the settings for each household. When I clicked, adoption was checked. So I checked all households and somehow, another house was set for all stories. I'm lucky no one died. Now I'm super paranoid and check NS a lot.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I always keep my Neighborhood stories off. I love the idea of it but not the implementation of it. I shut it off in the main menu and in the game. If I decide I want another family/npc to have a child or adopt a pet, I will play them for enough time to have that happen then return to my normal rotation.
    The fear about extinguishing fire can be deadly. My sim had this fear and conveniently, the stove caught fire not once but twice. She almost died the first time. Level 10 cooking skill and an expensive stove. She has the fear again. I see another stove fire coming. Yes, I have a fire alarm and now she installed the fire prevention system.