Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weeds are stuck on my plants. Any solutions?

Hi everyone,

A while ago, weeds started to grow on 3 of my Bonsai bushes. My Sim and Patchy where not capable to remove the weeds. So, in the end these bushes died, as I wasn't sure about what to do.

Now, about 1 week ago, suddenly the weeds got stuck on 1 money tree, 1 bananatree and a sage bush. And I quite care about these plants, so I really don't want them to die. Patchy attempts to remove the weeds every day multiple times, but it doesn't seem to work.

I noticed that the weeds disappear when I relocate the plants in build/buy Mode, but after a few seconds the weeds reappear. In between I saved and quit the game completely but that didn't seem to help. Strangly, I have seen some other weeds growing in this period of time on other plants that could be removed. That includes a money tree and a growfruit tree.

Did anyone encounter this problem, and how did they solve this, besides selling the plants and regrow them from scratch?

Other helpfull details on my game situation:

Platform: PS4
Expansions: Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Outdoor Living, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting, Desert Deluxe
Latest patch: I am not sure where I can find this on PS4

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    I don't have an answer for you because I play on a laptop, but I'll comment to get your question back to the front page for a little while.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Fragaria_ananasa I don't know a direct way to fix this issue, but I have some possible solutions. One is to go into build mode and try some thing's...like moving the plants, for example. Use your imagination I say this because I have had various issues occur in sims 4 that I fixed by messing around in build mode. Another thing is to power cycle and clear cache on the console. If you're on Xbox one, I just made a post about how exactly to do this the most correct way. You don't have a lot of options unfortunately, make a bug report is one thing. good luck.
  • Fragaria_ananasaFragaria_ananasa Posts: 27 Member
    @AlienTusks, I did the messing around in build Mode for a bit.

Originally, my plants were "free" standing. So I decided to put the plants in a planter. Going back to live mode made the weeds re-appear. But something did change it, because when I choose "weed garden", my Sim was capable of removing them.

I do not know if this is the solution for everyone, or that is repeatable this way. But if it occurs again, I will update this post.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Fragaria_ananasa Yea, glad you got it fixed. One time when I was running a vet clinic (which is known for having a bug where employees barely do their job) something odd happened. My employees where not doing their jobs, and one employee went into the bathroom with a customer and their dog, and shortly after another sim when in the bathroom. They all stayed in this small bathroom for IDK 10 minutes and i started getting a bit upset or something. I went into build mode and destroyed three walls: the ones near the door and the door itself. Well shortly after going back into live mode everyone finally left the bathroom and actually began doing some work. There have been several other occasions where messing around with stuff in build mode fixed or helped my problem. So glad it worked for you, and you might want to check EA answers and see if there's a bug report about your experience, if it is you can say me too and also tell them what you did to fix it.