Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @ZeeGee That's so interesting lol. I'll give it new morphs and stuff and see if that helps it. And I'll check out the top as well.
    @ZeeGee Okay so hopefully these both work. I'm very confident that the top will (it, just like the skirt, didn't have actually morphs at all), but the simply shorts confuse me lol. I have hope that they'll work now.

Shirt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgq29jts3i4eo19/[ZaumaTS3] SyndromBlack-Top_f_MorphFix.package?dl=0

Shorts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5u6u2wog23m8ydi/CAS_bot_am_SIMPLYSwim_MorphFix.package?dl=0
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Thanks a million! 😘
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 371 Member
    Hello @Emily4331

Do you think you can convert the Nightcrawler tail in this set to fit toddlers? I have versions of this tail for every age group expect that one. (With the exception of babies, but no one really makes CC for that age) It's a little weird to have my demon sims decked out in all their CC meanwhile their children still look human.
    tumblr_ph2l8cFt3J1tyc9i5o5_250.jpg
    https://simfileshare.net/download/798104/
    @MantleJackal I have attempted to convert that same tail to toddler awhile back at the request of Budewarmin, but it ended up being invisible in-game. Not sure if I try it again, the result will be any different and I'm not sure why it was invisible, but I suppose i can give it another go.
    @Emily4331
    Coincidentally I have Budewarmin's child version of the tail and I was originally going to post that as the conversion but I didn't remember where exactly I got it from. Maybe it was from here? :confused:

I don't think that tail and this one are the exact same so maybe things will be different? If it isn't it's no big deal. I can just fill in the blanks with my imagination like usual.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hey @Emily4331 :grin:

Sorry to throw another one in. <3 It's most likely a lost cause (or unfixable) and I'm totally in no hurry for it, but I wanted to see what you might be able to do with it.

I found this pretty snowflake dress on TSR...

Snowflake-dress-1.jpg

Looks normal right?

But I turned the camera and noticed at the side of the dress there's this weird seam, making the front part of it look darker than the back. :confused:

Snowflake-dress-3.jpg
    Here's a close up for a better look - dunno if it helps:
    Snowflake-dress-2.jpg

It's not a lighting issue and I don't remember seeing the color difference in CAS. I came to the conclusion that maybe the creator meant for the dress to look like that - and was going to discard it from my cc folder - but then I checked out the other side and...it looks perfect! :star: No weird seam.

Snowflake-dress-4.jpg

So I'm not really sure what exactly is going on with this dress. 🤷‍♀️ Maybe it's just poorly made or maybe there's an issue at that seam on the one side that can be fixed? That's why I came to you. :blush: Let me know what you discover when you're able to check it out.

Thanks. <3

https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/snowflake/id/1203672/
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    @emorrill Yay more Tara. :) That is a pretty dress, I hope it can be fixed. What's with the bare feet on everyone else? B)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    edited January 2023
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    @emorrill Yay more Tara. :) That is a pretty dress, I hope it can be fixed. What's with the bare feet on everyone else? B)

@KevinL5275 Cause every Asian person I've ever known has a "no shoes on" rule in the house, and guests are to take them off at the door. :p (I forgot that rule when I was dressing her up there. :lol: And apparently when I was dressing up Kai too! :joy: )
    @MantleJackal Sorry it's taken me a bit. Well, in comparison to how quickly I normal do these. lol I am up to try it again. I just built a new PC so getting everything in order first. :smile:

@emorrill I would bet big money that they copy and pasted the texture from an actual photo that had a dark shadow on that one side in the front view. I'll take a look at it and see if I can better it, but photo editing isn't my strong suit. :lol:
    No worries. I'm not in a rush for any CC. Take whatever time you need. :smile:
    Hi, me again. Not sure why I didn't ask you for this the first time! The skirt is perfect, but now the top is doing the bad thing again. I would much appreciate if you would fix this too whenever you have time. :kissing:

1nKUcJk.jpg

https://simfileshare.net/download/3625521/
    @emorrill Looking at the dress, it's exactly as I predicted and the darkness is present in the texture. Now the issue is that if I tried to lighten that part, it would just look worse. :lol: I'm not very savvy with photo editing. So, alas, I'm not sure there is much I can do about the dress. :( I'll try some stuff later and see if I can cheese it, but I'm not confident in my skills so don't expect much. :lol:

@MantleJackal and @budewarmin (albeit, a few years later) I think I have working toddler demon tail! Now it has some meh qualities. For example, if the toddler is sitting on the ground, it clips into the ground because it was fitted to a standing toddler body. But it looks great while they walk around and the best part: it isn't invisible like my previous attempt! :lol:

The tail in action:
    GoG1qwU.png

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rtmpmh417ff4m9/NightcrawlerDemonTail_Tod.package?dl=0

It's in the earrings category and has a custom thumbnail so it is easily spotted.
    edited January 2023
    @ZeeGee Huh? I did the top, did I not? This one?:
    https://dropbox.com/s/xgq29jts3i4eo19/[ZaumaTS3] SyndromBlack-Top_f_MorphFix.package?dl=0

Make sure you remove the old top so you aren't selecting it over my morphed version lol. :tongue:
    @Emily4331 YAY! You got the toddler tail to work! :smiley: I'm so happy for you! You're getting all the more awesome with your cc fixes (and creations) every day! :star:
    So, alas, I'm not sure there is much I can do about the dress. :( I'll try some stuff later and see if I can cheese it, but I'm not confident in my skills so don't expect much. :lol:
    ^It's ok, I understand. :kissing_heart:
    I'd love to see what you can come up with while "cheesing" it, :lol: but if it ends up being a lost cause, thank you for trying. <3
    @Emily4331
    Awesome work Emily! I don't mind a little clipping, pretty much every demon CC like wings, tails, and horns clip to some extent with the environment. :tongue:

Now we can all have demon children. o:)
    @emorrill Yeah I think it's a lost cause lol. I tried working on it, but every thing I could think of still resulted in there being that extremely obvious cutoff between one side of the texture and the other. The back of the dress is just so significantly lighter than the front that I can't make them blend to save my life. I tried make it darker, but if I made it too dark it wouldn't work on the other side. :sweat_smile:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @emorrill Yeah I think it's a lost cause lol. I tried working on it, but every thing I could think of still resulted in there being that extremely obvious cutoff between one side of the texture and the other. The back of the dress is just so significantly lighter than the front that I can't make them blend to save my life. I tried make it darker, but if I made it too dark it wouldn't work on the other side. :sweat_smile:

@Emily4331 ^Lol! No problem girl. I sure appreciate you trying. Thank you again. <3

Guess I'll be ditching that piece of cc. :lol:
    @emorrill Honestly, unless it's from a really reputable creator, I just don't use CC that was made before a certain time in TS3's lifespan. :lol: There was just a big leap in quality in CC across the board after a certain point. If you're wanting a winter themed dress that's low poly, you could use one of Billsims creations and find a pretty wintery glitter pattern somewhere. :smile: Or, honestly, that dress in style is pretty similar to that Katy Perry Stuff Pack dress that is kinda Jessica Rabbit looking. It's sparkly red by default, but I'm sure you could spice that up with a winter pattern as well. :smiley:
    @ZeeGee Huh? I did the top, did I not? This one?:
    https://dropbox.com/s/xgq29jts3i4eo19/[ZaumaTS3] SyndromBlack-Top_f_MorphFix.package?dl=0

Make sure you remove the old top so you aren't selecting it over my morphed version lol. :tongue:

If I had a brain I'd be dangerous. :grimace: Thank you Emily!!
    Honestly, unless it's from a really reputable creator, I just don't use CC that was made before a certain time in TS3's lifespan. :lol: There was just a big leap in quality in CC across the board after a certain point.

@Emily4331 Can you tell us when that point was?!

edited January 2023
    @Emily4331 Oh normally I only download from featured creators on TSR because they know what they are doing and have the best, safe content. But I happened upon that one and thought it was pretty, and worth keeping, except for when I noticed the side. :lol: Thanks for the tips! :star:<3
    But like ZeeGee asked, when exactly was that point? ;) I'm curious too now. :p
    @ZeeGee @emorrill You're welcome, ZeeGee. :tongue: And in regards to the CC age thing, unless it's from someone whose quality I trust (like Pixicat, for example), I'd say I wouldn't use a lot of CC from prior to 2016 or so. It isn't to say it's all bad before 2016, but I just feel like quality gets better the later in TS3's life the CC was made. This isn't true for everything. For example, a lot of makeup from the early days is fantastic, a lot of sliders come from awhile back, etc. But when you consider TSR lets anyone with an account upload, you might run across stuff there from fledgling modders who just slap stuff together, so the quality might not be what you'd hoped. No shade to them, of course. Just how I perceive it. And I feel like there were more new modders in the early days of TS3.
    Hey @Emily4331 I have another one here for ya, I hope you don't mind. :kissing_heart:

So this King's Cloak...

King-cloak-1.jpg

The odd collar attached to it not only really hugs the Sim's neck, but it hugs their chin as well! :grimace:

King-cloak-2.jpg
    And I dunno why there's all these nasty lines on the bow... :confused:

King-cloak-3.jpg

I guess it's supposed to look like that? 🤷‍♀️

Now, the creator (JooJ) mentions that they struggled with the piece, but I'm wondering if you might be able to remove the collar part altogether? So it doesn't look like my Sim King is getting strangled by his royal cloak? :lol: I really feel like it will make the cloak look 20% cooler. ;)
    If you're able to do that, it would be much appreciated. :blush: Thank you. <3

DL File Here - "King George's Cloak"
    @emorrill I can certainly try. lol I'm not sure what the white lines are. I've had that one CC I've converted. I assume it has something to do with the edges on the mesh, because that's usually where it is, but beyond that I'm not sure how to fix it or anything like that. But I can maybe probably remove the chokey collar. :tongue:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top