Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

? How to trigger book or grocery sales?

DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
Hello :)

Does anyone know what is controlling the grocery store and bookstore sales? My sims have lived in their town for a few weeks now and there's been none, which I find very unusual, and they are (I am) waiting for it.
Is there a setting in Nraas that affects it?
There were sales when they were at the university and the settings I had there were very similar. I can't see anything that might be it when clicking on the shop and nraas.

Happy New Year soon :)

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
Post edited by DivinylsFan on

Comments

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited December 2022
    this thread was about something else and now its about the sales. It had another comment from me on it, so I'm editing that too. I am recycling space.
    So, anyone know about what triggers the sales?
    Post edited by DivinylsFan on
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    The percent chance of a sale is tunable, with a default of 5%. For example, this is from the master ITUN file:

<FullClassName>Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Bookstore,Sims3GameplayObjects</FullClassName>
    <FieldName>kShoppingTuning</FieldName>
    <SubFieldName>PercentChanceOfSale</SubFieldName>
    <Value>5</Value>

<FullClassName>Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.RabbitHoles.Grocery,Sims3GameplayObjects</FullClassName>
    <FieldName>kShoppingTuning</FieldName>
    <SubFieldName>PercentChanceOfSale</SubFieldName>
    <Value>5</Value>

Are you sure you didn't accidentally click away one or two sale announcements while getting rid of other notifications? They should always come in at 9 am. As for what triggers them, I doubt it's anything more than random chance.

I also don't know of an NRaas mod that would affect the chance, other than Retuner of course if you deliberately change the default value. StoryProgression doesn't block sales, and neither do the other mods I'm using. But if you want to double-check, you could set the chances to 90 or so for each and see whether the sales trigger. If not, then you might have a mod setting preventing the sales, or there might be something else going on in the save.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    thanks @puzzlezaddict, I will dissect what you've described there for me :) What is an ITUN file? Where would I find that, in Programme files or Documents? Is it in the game, or a mod?
    I am sure I haven't clicked it away. They were however stuck in a party status from university and kept changing back into their casual clothes as soon as they came out of work, and couldn't throw their own party, it said they can't while another is still going. I found a cache clean instruction about that, and hope now that's been cleared, it will affect the sales, because as you say maybe there was something going on in the save. There also seems to be something going on with the traffic, and carpools. Maybe its Barnacle Bay.
    I wish it wasn't such work to set up the game to enjoy it ...