Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted achievements

kretorrbwlykretorrbwly Posts: 36 Member
So a couples of years ago I made a file to help me keep track of my progress to all achievements of The Sims 3.
I returned to play lately only to find out that some of these achievements are no longer in the list visible in my account through the game, and Im pretty sure they can't be achieved now.
The weird thing is, these achievements still exist in My Badges section of thesims3.com account, and it doesn't say they are closed.
Does anybody know how to fix this?

Examples for gone achievements:
Send in the Clones (clone 24 sims)
My Precious (Cut 20 stacks of gems with the Gem Cutter)
Van Helping (cure 15 supernaturals)
Crime Never Pays (actually I can't find this one on thesims3.com as well, but I know it existed!)
Enchanting (ensorcel 100 sims)
There are more missing achievements, but I think you get my point by now...

Comments

• wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    Some achievements had a time limit within which they had to be achieved. Crime Never Pays is one of those.
  • kretorrbwlykretorrbwly Posts: 36 Member
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    Some achievements had a time limit within which they had to be achieved. Crime Never Pays is one of those.

Are you sure about that? In thesims3.com some achievements are marked as "closed", but not the Crime Never Pays.
    In fact, none of these achievements are marked in any way as non active...

Also, I saw these achievements than a year ago. So EA just decided to delete achievements like a decade after they created them?

But even if it is closed, is there still a way to achieve these? Are there gonna be more deleted achievements?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Crime never pays is showing up as closed on The Sims 3 site for me.
    10lNYmUl.jpg

And as for the other achievements that you have listed, they are still open to be achieved. Just some achievements had time limits on them and I also believe that some were removed due to them not working properly.

Someone created a thread back in 2016 of all of the achievements and their descriptions on how to obtain them. They also listed the ones that are bugged as well.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/889717/achievement-thread-guide-on-how-to-achieve-them/p1
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2022
    Regardless of how this achievement shows in the store, it should still show up in-game. I got the badge in January 2018 (I checked the date), long after it was supposedly discontinued, and it still shows as completed on my Store badge page. I know a few badges were removed due to not working as intended, but my impression was that that only happened while the game was still in development and that the list was quite short, not a long list of formerly achievable milestones.

I've never played with Supernatural active while badge-hunting, so I don't have any of the achievements that require SN, but loading the game just now, Crime Never Pays shows as complete, and the others show as available. I could try to achieve one or two if anyone's curious.

At any rate, @kretorrbwly try deleting the dynamicchallenge files and the two ChallengeData.package files inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads. (The latter are inside folders labeled with strings of numbers.) This will erase any progress you've made towards badges you haven't achieved yet, so you might want to finish up anything you're actively working on. Then load the game and let me know whether the badges show up again.