Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much longer can you tolerate Sims 4's lifespan?

Comments

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    edited September 2022
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I honestly had no idea which one to choose. There are so many caveats.

I can wait for TS5 if they fix the bugs in TS4 and continue to put out content. Content that is bug free.

I'm kind of nervous about TS5. TS3 was a bug fest that isn't even playable without a slew of mods. TS4 is also a bug fest, the only real thing going for it is that at least it runs without mods. However, that's quickly going away. Soon, it will be just like TS3.

So, their track record is abysmal. I don't hold out much hope that TS5 won't also be a bug fest.

Therefore, I chose that I can wait. I'd rather play with the bug fest that I know and have already spent tons of money on. TS5 is just too risky for me to even consider. My faith in their ability to put out a solid game instead of one that's been rushed out as a cash grab is low, very low.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I want to play the Sims 4 for much longer - End of 2027+ (6+ years)
    Sims 4 still works better than Sims 3. ;)
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited September 2022
    I hope Sims 5 comes out the earliest it realistically can - Fall 2023 (2 years)
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Good thing we're talking about Sims 5!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    I'd rather have Disney Dream Valley on PC instead of Sims 5 thank you very much.
    edited September 2022
    I'd rather have Disney Dream Valley on PC instead of Sims 5 thank you very much.

I'm not sure I understand the connection to this forum. What is Disney Dream Valley?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I'd rather be doing my RL university homework.
    The Disney Dream Valley is a new simulation game where the player makes an avatar(a sim) with all the trimmings in CAS, it even has color wheel. Also, the live play comes with different weathers in it's base game. It's on Nutendo Switch right now & is going on PC in 2023. And basically, The Sims game versions competition. ;)
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    I can wait several years before the release of the Sims 5 - End of 2024 (3 years)
    I can wait.. honestly I'm not that hype.

I've been playing since the sims 1... and I don't think they're going to change much in terms of intelligence...(or whatever you want to call it
    ) I hope they improve graphically, that the clothes have texture and move, the same as the hair, that they're more realistic. But I don't know what to expect from the game itself..

We'll see when it comes out
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    This question emtirely hinges on how much of a trainwreck Sims 5 is going to be (eg if it does predatory monetary practices such as always online and multiplayer requirement or microtransactions and loot boxes) but I'll happily keep playing Sims 4 for a while at least.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm fine playing the Sims 4 for quite a few more years - End of 2025 to 2026 (4-5 years)
    I do feel the sims 4 is just going on a better direction, of course I don't want it to end now
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    When the Sims 4 came out it was the building options, CAS changes and graphics that pulled me in over the gameplay and Open World of the Sims 3.
    Having to wait several years for different Occults (I never play regular Sims, like ever), seasons, the essentials to my gaming experience I just dunno..
    I can't see the graphics getting much better, they already said there wouldn't be an open world from what I saw.

I remember the outrage with the Sims 4 because a lot of the stuff that really should be in a base game by now, like weather wasn't included.
    Every expansion pack, maybe save a few has just been a recycled version of a previous game's with slightly different features. The outrage will happen again... And what is the point of reliving another cycle of getting basic, then recycled.
    The Sims 5 will have to be completely new for me, fresh. Whatever is recycled should be features added to something new. I don't want to see another Seasons game pack, that should be in the base game. If they add pets it should be a part of something else, like a merged Cottage Living and Pets with even more. Don't want to see those as two separate things. Like why is Snowy Escape not a part of Seasons? Etc etc. Give us completely different with what was as either base game if possible or extensions of something new.

I will probably wait it out though, this game costed me 1000$+
    I just pray that by the end of it, all the features it does have will actually be playable 🥺
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Welp... I take several month long breaks only to come back and see that EA is still trying to milk this broken game. Guess I'll see you guys next year...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47itscgz7qhhbv6vpwtvdj7xhfwnal8l7owptzot0e&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

p6tqefj
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    I’m ready for the next sims game. This one has been around since 2014and while I do expect the sims 4 to hit the ten year mark, I really hope the sims 5 is out before or coming out then. I don’t care if it’s multiplayer as long as it’s optional. It’s a smart marketing move to make it multiplayer for gamers who would want that.

It will draw in a bigger fan base and as long as it’s optional I’m sure the next version will still please older fans. If they didn’t make it optional that would be a dumb mistake. But I don’t believe the creators are that dumb. I think they want to keep their fan base while appealing to a new one as well.

The sims 4 is too much of a safe haven. I’m ready for one that’s grittier and has more drama and life put into it. More personality depth, more dale humor themes, that’s what made the 1st and 2nd game so great. That I feel the 3rd and 4th one had lost. It’s needs to not play it so safe and bring back the more mature themes. It’s a T rated game they could get away with more mischief and humor like the first two games then the fourth one has. The look of the sims 4 is appealing and it makes you want to play but when you do, there’s not enough depth. The sims 4 at its best is great for CAS and building. But it’s lousy when it comes to the actual sims and the foundation of the how they operate lacks greatly.

It’s high time for a 2020’s version of the sims. If a game (The Sims 2) could add so much depth and humor back in 2004. Almost twenty years ago. Can you imagine with the A.I advancements of what the next sims game could be? Im if they truly shoot for the stars they could make this one the best yet…that is if they have learned their lessons about what fans truly want and what works and what doesn’t. I hope the next one isn’t an E rated version like the fourth game is. Those who like a sims game living in Nirvana can stick with the 4th. But I’m ready for a Real sims game. And 8-10 years with technology now days is plenty of time.

Considering the 2nd version was made four years after the first one released. And it still the best one to date, the only thing that got better with each sequel is the look and physical CAS and building tools. Not enough anymore…most of us are tired of these half baked games and DLC. If their smart they will patch the sims 4 the way it needs to be for the base game free release and they will really advance the sims 5.
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    edited October 2022
    I want Sims 5 soon, because Sims 4 is outdated.
    But, I do want Sims 4 finished as a game. It's still missing faeries.

But, Sims 4 doesn't have streaming music and shows on the computer, or consoles. It doesn't have a YouTube or an Amazon. It doesn't have an MMORPG game on the computer, or consoles. It's totally backwards in technology. And, they can't socialize on the computer without it called trolling, the Sims 4 sims are technologically cave trolls.

They need TV watching on computers consoles and tablets, music listening and dancing to using computers consoles and tablets, messengers on computers consoles and tablets, texting on phones, videochats on computers tablets and consoles, etc. They are so backwards socially.
    I'm so excited for Rene and a fresh engine!
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I don't mind waiting a few years before Sims 5 comes out. I just started playing Sims 4, and the Sims 3 not too long ago too, so these 2 games are still new to me. I also think EA should take their time with the Sims 5 to make it as good and functional as possible.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Im in no rush. Matter of fact, all this brave new world of limitless infringements on personal information and lack of privacy makes me that much more interested in using only an offline PC to game with. And turning my time, attention, and money to physical hobbies like shooting, billiards, dance, hiking and fishing, maybe do some hunting.

I love my video games, but I am not okay with having my house bugged just so I can play a game, and I read user agreements and they are generally horrifying.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    I absolutely do not care about the sims 5. I've sunk too much time and money into 4 and don't plan to buy 5 anyway... unless it is absolutely stellar, which I am not getting my hopes up for. That said, I don't care if packs stop coming out either, at least mods would stop breaking. P:
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    I'm indifferent. My computer can't handle a whole new sims game, first of all. Also I *just* spent all this money getting a bunch of expansion packs and I'm definitely not planning on jumping ship as soon as they drop TS5. I feel like people being the most impatient about TS5 coming out are the same people who are going to be the most annoyed when it's not perfect, so I'd love to see EA actually take their time and put together a game that actually has significant differences from TS4 rather than rush it out.

My other thing is that if it's a game where it caters more toward multi-player/online/social/subscription type play, I probably won't get it. Cool for people who are into that, but Sims for me is specifically a game for me to play by myself. If it's an option but not necessarily over-implemented, I'm okay with that.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'd ideally like another 5 years for them to finally release all the occult life states that previous games have had, and maybe even make some new ones to debut in Sims 4. Occult content gets neglected so much that it's been 8 years and they still haven't finished releasing the main 4 from the Sims 3 Supernatural. I'd also like a lot more family content, and since they'll probably split that up instead of making a Generations pack then we'll probably have to wait multiple years for each life stage to have a gamepack or whatever.

I don't want Sims 4 to go on for forever. I'd eventually like it to quit getting updated so I can just enjoy my mods in peace. But there's still quite a bit of content lacking, so to me another 5 years or so would be ideal.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I voted for the three years because, while I want them to move on to a better game, I also know that if they rush it, the game they pump out will suck. It happened with TS4, and I do not want it to happen again!
  • nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    I have a lot of time and money in the Sims 4. The thought of reinvesting in a new Sims doesn't appeal to me right now.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    I voted for the three years because, while I want them to move on to a better game, I also know that if they rush it, the game they pump out will suck. It happened with TS4, and I do not want it to happen again!

completely agree!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2022

Of course, it does for there is no features that were in Sims 3 were deleted to not tamper with the performance of Sims 4 and for me I do not see that as a plus.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Sims 5 should come out when it's ready. A rushed game is just a mess all around.

As for sims 4, it's well beyond ready to be taken out to pasture. But if they must keep it going until Sims 5; then w/e I guess.