Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prom needs to go for SO much longer!

ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm very attentive to social events.
I've done prom twice now, gone straight to the tasks and not made it past bronze. Sim barely votes before the voting is in, barely has time for anything.

There also needs to be a warning like Sims 3 had, that Prom is coming up in a few hours!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    Agreed, I couldn't believe how quickly it went. I didn't have time to get my votes in either. My Sim danced and that's about all they got to do.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I haven't got the pack yet, but I was watching Clare Siobhan's HSY series, and she said the same thing. It certainly seemed to go quick. Such a shame!
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    Sure does, especially when you have multiple sims from your household attend.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    It went so quickly my third Prom, that my Sim never got to dance! He did propose marriage to his sweetheart, though after he won the Crown for Prom Royalty. I got hung up on the show off outfit. But, he earned the silver medal this time! That's a step up from the first and second prom.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    They should resolve it like certain "events" in the My Time series. For example, when I enter a dungeon in My Time in Sandrock, it will tell me beforehand that I will spend 3h and however much Stamina. It doesn't matter how much IRL time it takes to complete the stage, when I leave, it's 3h later in game. Should be the same for prom. I understand that completing goals within a certain time frame is also supposed to present a challenge, but you want your Sims to have time to have fun, catch up with friends and frenemies, use the photo booth etc. For the way I want to play prom a set time frame - within which time stands still - would be the best solution.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    Usually I end my parties much earlier than they're supposed to last since they go on forever. Proms however........I've never ended a party THAT fast, even the "After party" is over before you can even blink.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    It goes really fast, you can get gold by doing the simple tasks and ignoring those that take longer (like dancing with someone) but then it becomes less fun.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I thought the same thing, just as I was starting to have my sim have fun it was almost over. I didn’t even get to vote! Lol I’ve used mccc to slow my game down so I’m hoping that will help next time.
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    YES. I just got high school stories last night and have been to prom twice already with the same sim, and she has only been able to grab food and dance for a second. Can't even get to the photo booth because by the time she walks to it they're already starting the ceremony and she gets pulled to watch. This is the only thing that really bothers me so far about this game. DEFINITELY something the EA team needs to fix in the next patch.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    So true! Trying to whack out enough goals in time makes it a grind instead of an experience. It literally feels like you arrive, and you better not chat or interact, no, you gotta hustle through the checkpoints before it's too late!
    Certainly no time for fun or romance.

I wish they could make prom last at least as long as a date.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • amberlunezamberlunez Posts: 52 Member
    Yes, prom is literally the most disappointing thing I've experienced in TS4 so far. I really like what it could be, but the time limitation is absurd. My sim has gone twice (I guess to compensate for it not lasting long, you get to go every week?) and both times she was able to do half of one thing (i.e. walk to the punch bowl or go toward the photo booth) before the ceremony starts and then it's over. And then they go to that cool Coney Island type area for the 'after party' and everyone seems to leave like...immediately?
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    i’ve played prom once so far, I agree. I only got both teens to silver, and the last tasks were literally not doable. I barely got to enjoy my sims actually being there because i worried so much about getting some tasks completed, which is a shame.