Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby Bank

EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
edited December 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sometimes I have a sim that I want to have a biological child, but it doesn't suit their character to have a partner, even temporarily. I think it might be nice if sims who had the ability to become pregnant had an option on their phone under household called "Try for Baby at Baby Bank." If they click this option, they leave the lot for a rabbit hole. When they come back after a bit, they have the ability to take a pregnancy test just as if they tried for a baby with a partner. There would be a possibility that the resulting child would inherit some randomly generated traits, simulating the effect of having a randomly generated donor.

Some of you are probably thinking "That doesn't sound like exciting game play." I know, I would just like to have the option. I'm not sure if I envision this as a free update or part of a pack. It would have made the most sense in the parenthood pack, but that's already out.
-No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
-Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
-No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Could be interesting gameplay actually, especially for storytelling - Junior may want to know the other parent, later.
  • BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    While it would 100% be good to be built actually in game, I thought I should let you know there's actually a mod that adds this.
    It's Kawaiistacie's explore mod, it adds a huge amount of rabbit hole locations and events that I just find really good. Highly recommend it. In this case I think you can also pick the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor.

Here's a link: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/post/the-explore-mod
    You can also use MCC to do the same thing if you want. But it doesn't have any rabbit hole or anything, it's just a cheat.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited December 2022
    My goodness, the title of this thread makes me chuckle every time I see it.

“Hello ma’am can I help you?”
    “Yes, I’d like to take out a loan of 5 babies, please”.

“Good day sir how may I help you?”
    “I want to put these 8 babies into my safe deposit box, thank you.”

Can’t help thinking of “The Baby Bank” as this very noisy bank situated in the financial district, but entirely managed by nannies. Imagine all the Baby Bank heists we could plan. I’d love that in my game! 😆

Look, don’t mind me, I’m easily amused. Especially very early in the morning.

Babies are not very prominent in my game but what you suggest could certainly make for a good base game story telling feature for those who want it! 👍🏼
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    edited January 2023
    I just thought of something. In Get to Work, if a townie comes in for labor and delivery, the game randomly assigns a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 donor from the sims in the world. I use the term donor because the townie and the donor don't necessarily have any relationship at all, not even casual. The child can end up with some features of both parents. So the effect is similar to a Baby Bank, but it happens at random to some townie, rather than being a choice you can make for your active sim. I'm just saying that the code for handling the donor aspect should already be there.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.