Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 days of play after a reinstall all content and a delete all content...heres what my thoughts are!!

So, my game was filled with many small bugs and some medium bugs. Some common and some I've never heard of before. Then my game started crashing almost every time I traveled and also the load times grew longer and longer, even without new updates or new expansions. So, a Reinstall became ever more tempting to me. Well after asking questions here, as well as doing a little research elsewhere, I finally decided to uninstall sims 4 and all my content and then reinstall it all. I also deleted all saves related to the game including both local and, in the cloud, and lastly, I did a power cycle.
Here's the results of my experiment, mind you I did not expect a big change as some for warned me about, also I felt as though just a small improvement in the game would be worth it. Well to make things simple and short I will list the things that I noticed after 2 days of moderate play of the sims 4 on Xbox one. The bigger ones I'll try to list first.
-Load times where significantly improved, all load times not just the first couple
-My household inventory was finally free of tons of seeds and other items, in fact it contained nothing
-Sims seem quicker to do commands, cooking is faster, as is eating.
-for the first time in a long time when I went to bed, the time actually went to full speed
-overall, the gameplay is smoother, framerate has less moments where it jitters, although once I experienced some framerate jitters at a nightclub with quite a few sims on screen at once
-there is still lag when going into build mode however pausing the game fixes it
-there are lots of new sims I've never seen before and they all look pretty good for the most part, no more crappy sims and npcs, on the somewhat downside, when I go to a bar or cafe and try to order food or a drink, there are so many sims gathering around its almost silly, in my old save when I traveled to a place almost no one was there, now it's packed full of people. Not sure if that's good or bad.
-it might just be me but I'm about 70 percent sure that there are never before seen clothing items available
-when you go to change outfit, it doesn't take nearly as long to see your available outfits, same on the manage world screen when you hover over a house to see who all lives there.
Final words: I haven't got to test everything such as pets or living in a big lot and the insulting is still there although I did not expect that to change. I would say I like the fresh start as well, my worlds are free from all the gallery items I downloaded, which in part they were made using cheats and thus were bugged. I learned quite a bit my first playthrough and will apply much of that this time around. I am much more satisfied with the experience; the reduced load times really help. And starting fresh and new is nice. I'm glad I did what I did, and only time will tell if the same bugs slowly creep back into my game. If you're on the fence about reinstalling your sims 4 stuff, maybe this will offer some insight. Just because I saw these changes doesn't mean you will. But I would say that if you are having a lot of crashing and long load times then consider doing what I did. And I would also check with Microsoft store support over the phone and ensure that you can log in and out of your profile or you may not be able to redownload your purchased content. good day/night

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Oh that’s good to hear.

Regarding sims being around and it being quiet before - do you play with aging or neigbourhood stories?

If aging is on and NS is off, then all the townies die and don’t really get replaced. If NS is on then sims get married and have kids and adopt but you do end up with a lot of odd sims.

Also the game creates sims constantly, regardless of what your settings are and on console the only way to manage it is to delete the not in world sims from time to time. But it’s always creating them whenever the game needs a sim rather than use preexisting ones.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @JustinB113 I usually leave everything on, NS is on, and Aging is on long lifespan and aging of npc's is on. And I noticed recently that the game does add an occasional sim in the townies section of manage households, if I see a sim I don't much like, I will turn most of their NS options off or even set them to have a death event...and of course I can always simply delete them.
    One question I have about the game is that in my past playthrough, I would have houses that had maybe 6 to 8 sims yet there were only 2 bedrooms, or another example is a family with children, yet you go to the house and there are no toddler beds and toys, etc. Does any off this even matter. I like to edit the world so that a family has toddler stuff or baby stuff, or even kid stuff if they have kids...or if a house is full of sims yet has only 1 or 2 bedrooms, I like to control that family long enough to use the Money X cheat and give them enough money to move into a bigger home. But I don't think it even matters if you have say 8 Sims living in a 2-bedroom house, like it has no effect on their lacking sleep, or mood etc. This is unrealistic but I guess it doesn't bother me that much.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    @JustinB113 I usually leave everything on, NS is on, and Aging is on long lifespan and aging of npc's is on. And I noticed recently that the game does add an occasional sim in the townies section of manage households, if I see a sim I don't much like, I will turn most of their NS options off or even set them to have a death event...and of course I can always simply delete them.
    One question I have about the game is that in my past playthrough, I would have houses that had maybe 6 to 8 sims yet there were only 2 bedrooms, or another example is a family with children, yet you go to the house and there are no toddler beds and toys, etc. Does any off this even matter. I like to edit the world so that a family has toddler stuff or baby stuff, or even kid stuff if they have kids...or if a house is full of sims yet has only 1 or 2 bedrooms, I like to control that family long enough to use the Money X cheat and give them enough money to move into a bigger home. But I don't think it even matters if you have say 8 Sims living in a 2-bedroom house, like it has no effect on their lacking sleep, or mood etc. This is unrealistic but I guess it doesn't bother me that much.

Nope. Would only affect you if you played them.
  • Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    edited May 2023
    AlienTusks wrote: »
    , I finally decided to uninstall sims 4 and all my content and then reinstall it all. I also deleted all saves related to the game including both local and, in the cloud, and lastly, I did a power cycle.

I have reinstalled a couple times, but I never played as long as you played before reinstalling and I am on PC. I am still figuring out how all this works and what is "normal", what is a EA bug, and what is a mod/CC bug.

I will probably do another reinstall soon. I have been testing out some mods and CC. The last time I reinstalled, I reverted back to playing vanilla. Then I started playing a child alone sim, and that requires mods to play the stories that I want to play. After I narrow down to the least number of mods possible, I want to reinstall again. I've only been playing Sims 4 for about 6 months since a very long break after playing Sims 1 a very long time ago. I've come a long way in these 6 months. I will be ready to start with another fresh reinstallation soon.