Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is no open world, color wheel etc to explain away why the sims 4 is the most bugged sims game

Even with its limited engine and the onslaught of loading screens, can any staunch sims 3 critics defend this game? We traded up all the progressive features Maxis introduced in its third iteration (and instead of improving on that as most PC games have, many have settled for regression) for a less buggy game only to be met with game-ending bugs that ruin the whole experience with EACH EP/GP hell even kits from what I heard. I literally spent HOURS trying to make my teen sim build relationships on her first day of high school. Made her a club of besties, made her teen crush and soon-to-be boyfriend, and made an enemy all for me to lose all that after entering cas. This instantly makes me regret coming back to play the sims 4 after two years for ANOTHER broken EP that I left for in the first place. Congrats to the sim gurus and maxis. I can no longer in good faith continue with this franchise when all trust in building a decent game is gone. My 20-year-long run has finally come to an end. I'm tired of excusing this and having toxic positivity and toxic positive users continue to feed me the Kool-Aid that this game is salvageable. It's not and never will be. The next round of content will have batches of bugs and no one, in good faith will be able to explain why. As long as the sims are pretty, gameplay be 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I really wanted HSY to be a win for many who are already dissatisfied with the sims 4 but this is the last rant I'll ever make on the sims again. I'm just done.

Comments

• KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    That does suck. From day one Sims 4 has always had corners cut, and will continue to until the day it becomes a memory of the past.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I feel that it won't end at TS4. I'm a firm believer that any new iteration of "The Sims" will just be more of the same, pretty to look at but boring as all get out. They put wayyyyyyy too much focus on the aesthtics of the game, lovely worlds with nothing to do in them. Just take a look around all of the worlds and really notice all of the space that is wasted, all so they can provide the perfect backdrop for story telling pictures but nothing for sims to actually "do" in the worlds.

To me personally, TS4 is just a creative outlet for builders and those that like to dress up dollies and take pictures. It's great for people who like to direct their stories 100% and are micromanagers but for people like me who want to watch their sims live their lives and help drive my stories and only directing them when needed, it's pretty lacking.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I think if the online game TS4 was supposed to have been never happened we would've gotten something way better than what we have now - but it seems like the game was kind of set up for failure since the foundation wasn't great to begin with.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    The only way Sims will improve is if EA, peaceably or otherwise, hands control of the franchise to another company, one that cares more about making a meaty game players can sink their teeth into than pretty-pretty and socio-political experiments. That sees the players as valued partners in creativity rather than sheep to be fleeced.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    I second all this. It's not enjoyable for me, either- even if all the bugs were fixed.

I had five Sims in a bunker- hoping to see something crazy happen. Nothing. Absolutely nothing took place.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The state that TS4 is currently in was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time. There are too many moving parts that don't play well together. As a result, the focus shifted to safer things like kits, CAS, B/B items. Yet, those things won't satisfy most players for long. So new mechanics get introduced. Yet, those new systems aren't fully integrated. Is it any wonder why?

Less mucking around with the game's insides the better, it seems. I suppose, that means that a genuine infant life stage is out of the question. As well as any successful feature from previous games. Or anything new and revolutionary. TS4 can't deal, all because of decisions that were made over a decade ago. The same decisions are being made again.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    IKR, I haven't even been bold enough to open the game back up for weeks- if not months- due to this, unless it was to check some settings on it or see if a bug still existed.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    After 8 years I feel like this game is a disaster! For EA and Maxis is fine because people still buy it more than ever! They buy everything! I guess people just have the game they deserve. Yeas and years of complaints, ideas, and passion shared by the old fans but this game doesn't belong to the same line of the other three predecessors. It's a flop. As a long time fan I feel it as flop even if it sold more that any other one wich is not impressing at all since it's lifespan is almost the same as both the original game and The Sims 2 together. LOL
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    This entry will definitely have such a poor legacy once the next one comes out. It’s definitely the weakest, most uninspired main series title they’ve pushed out.

The good news is that The Sims 4 is practically in maintenance while the next game’s development continues to ramp up. Hopefully, Maxis has learned from their MANY mistakes with this entry.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 251 Member
    ????? Maxis? Learn? Too funny!
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    ????? Maxis? Learn? Too funny!

I respectfully disagree. EA and Maxis are capable of learning. Through TS4, they have learned that aesthetics can be used in substitution for a playable game and it won't hurt their bottom line one bit. They've learned that lesson very well.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited September 2022
    The sims 3 is the most buggy game in franchise in my opinion, you're even recommended not to play with more than 3 packs at a time, although I understand some simmers frustration with the sims 4 with what it's lacking, again this is my opinion I feel what's the point in having all those features if you can't play the full gameplay that's how I felt with the sims 3, sounds better on paper but the reality you can't play all your packs if you have more than 3 the same time
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I don't disagree that TS3 has its issues. I don't have a problem playing with all of my content. I have all EPs, GPs, and store content. Yes, there might be a bit of lag from time to time...but I would much rather have that than what I have seen discussed about TS4. I stopped purchasing for it quite a while ago and went back to TS2 and TS3...best decision ever. I had a lot of hope for the newest generation of simulation play as I have been playing since the days of the original series. The newest incarnation just doesn't hold my interest.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • willprotwillprot Posts: 18 Member
    I do wish they would at least add a color wheel, even just a bigger color palette would be helpful. so many times I'd like just a different shade than what's offered with nothing to be done
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    I've asked at least twice myself because it really is HUGELY needed, the color palette is FAR too limited because almost all items are based on a natural color palette but... we don't want all our buildings to be like this LOL it all starts to look the same and we quickly run out of ideas, it super needs the color wheel asap.