Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will EA release the first 2023 EP?

After "The Sims Summit" we know two EPs are planned for 2023. When will the first one be released? What do you think and why? Let me know in the comments!
I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS

When will EA release the first 2023 EP? 147 votes

January
19%
crocobauraCK213IceyJaelias24GoodywoodMsMayfreindlylolfriendlysimmerscatloverplayergreydonnchristyb2852ashcrash19simmietimeRamblineRosebixtersSheriSim57Bren91Behappy1stTTNsimmerSERVERFRA 28 votes
February
25%
auroraael14Simsprocfunrudy8292BreeSashaSuperSillySimalexspoom13ncisGibbs02JestTruMindofyKhrisstynekiwi84BabykittyjadeTrimothWinifred_WillowChadSims2LSM36Agustín CornejoQuiscomicsforlifeEvilyn_1007 37 votes
March
28%
BluegayleEvvieSimmerIcewolfbandit5Dec3338SimsILikeSimssimongheiblumeSchantalgoodcakebaker62DarcVader1DaiyugraventheHarukotyanmmb_abrEmmaVaneLeccapammiechickDoloresGreybizuktag 42 votes
April
4%
simgirl1010Mizzila1297RedShoe7ParkLisa97EliasVersaceChocoSulSulThirteenCatz2 7 votes
May
4%
Erja888Ninja-Dan22WildIrishBansheeRememberJoyAenalaplumboy23Benjamilian 7 votes
June
10%
catmom1987keekee53Paigeisin5loubylouloualanmichael1CopperBoltLizzychicagoLaruhellYBNS2468AlanSimsmrs_starkeylogionSeashoreLiviaKathMHughesLady__Gamerlunnarila 16 votes
July
6%
LeGardePourprejcp011c2lemonellaSheepilingLoanetLady_BalloraGordyQueenSaraphinejpsulsuldagdagMotherHjonker 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited November 2022
    July
    As usual EP13 in June/July and EP14 in November

Maybe Infant big update in January and GP13 in February

70s5wf8cdu1x.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    January
    They haven't release EPs in November for the past two years, think next year will be the same. So maybe we will get an EP in January or February and another one in early summer.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    There's no "Other" choice, but I'm thinking sometime between May-July and the next one around November
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    March
    I'm definitely thinking towards the start of the year for the first one, as we are expecting the Infant update in "early 2023", the assumption is a Generations EP, I think these will most likely coincide, patch and EP released the same week.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    January
    Sometimes in January.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well if they wanna give us 2 expansion packs, are they gonna give us more features from Black History Month? Cause I'm a typical African American Sims 4 gamer who can't live without my R&B music, because next year's gonna be Black History Month after Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    February
    I'm hoping January, but it could be later between April and June.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    February
    I'm thinking for "early 2023", it's either going to be January release, but they haven't released an EP in January for several years now. Usually it's been June/July and November/December for EP's. So, I'm not sure. They didn't say anything at the Sims Summit about any game-packs releasing, so maybe we're not going to get one, or maybe this was just a small announcement about some of the quarterly releases.

So, maybe we'll get a Generations Expansion pack in Jan/February with the infant patch and then get another EP in July for the year and hopefully a game-pack later on at the end of the year.
  • Options
    January
    Vyolla wrote: »
    I'm thinking for "early 2023", it's either going to be January release, but they haven't released an EP in January for several years now. Usually it's been June/July and November/December for EP's. So, I'm not sure. They didn't say anything at the Sims Summit about any game-packs releasing, so maybe we're not going to get one, or maybe this was just a small announcement about some of the quarterly releases.

So, maybe we'll get a Generations Expansion pack in Jan/February with the infant patch and then get another EP in July for the year and hopefully a game-pack later on at the end of the year.

They're always changing things up so an Expansion in January is possible. Up until 2021 we never got a July Expansion and we got another July EP this year.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    February
    I think Feb or March for the first and November for the second. I think we'll get two game packs between those.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited November 2022
    January
    I’ m hoping January, soon after infants ( which I hope will be in January ). I think it might be a generations pack. But I figure it could logically be in the the first 5 months, since they will probably have st least 6 months between the 2 expansions. If they release it early in January, they could see younger players spending Christmas money on it.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    June
    I can't believe we survived 2015, 2016 and 2017 with just one expansion pack a year. :'(
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    February
    As were due 2 EPs next year I’ll plump for the first coming early February. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    January
    Mid January with a big update two weeks before the expansion release
  • Options
    January
    I can't wait. I hope whatever the EP is it brings those objects with it that were shown in the music trailer especially the vibrating heart shaped bed, bear rug and long tall aquarium.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2022
    July
    In theory GP13 could be released in February

GP01 Outdoor Retreat (Jan.)
    <-- 6 months -->
    GP02 Spa Day (Jul.)
    <-- 11 months -->
    GP03 Dine Out (June)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP04 Vampires (Jan.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP05 Parenthood (May)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP06 Jungle Adventures (Feb.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP07 StrangerVille (Feb.)
    <-- 7 months -->
    GP08 Realm of Magic (Sep.)
    <-- 12 months -->
    GP09 Star Wars : Journey to Batuu (Sep.)
    <-- 9 months -->
    GP10 Dream Home Decorator (June)
    <-- 8 months -->
    GP11 My Wedding Stories (Feb.)
    <-- 4 months -->
    GP12 Werewolves (June.)
    <-- 8 months ??? -->
    GP13 ??? (Feb.)
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    January
    Hoping early Jan but my real guess is late Jan to early Feb as the last EP was back in June and no other pack after HSY so we are due one
    If there are problems with releasing pack will want them to fix them first and then release even if the next pack isn't released til late March or later
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2022
    January
    Juneary is my guess because of the baby's update I think the next pack is goging be a generations tape thing and the baby's are part of it but I have been wrong before it's just a felling
  • Options
    January
    gamercat wrote: »
    Juneary is my guess because of the baby's update I think the next pack is goging be a generations tape thing and the baby's are part of it but I have been wrong before it's just a felling

I think the Next EP will be either a Music Ep,Romance EP or Brazil Vacation EP.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited December 2022
    May
    I just want them to release a pack soonTM. (Suggestions: "Sweet tooth" for a SP, "Generations" for a GP, "Showtime" for an EP, "Get to work" for a refresh!)
    I am really bored after 2022 didn't add much to the game (2x GP, 1x EP) and we didn't get any new content since July 2022. :'(
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    March
    I’m thinking that it’ll be in March, with the second one sometime in the fall.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    January
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    June
    If a new EP was a possibility in January, I think we would have heard something by now. A GP could be released in February then a new EP in June. But it would need to be something truly exciting, with totally new content before I think about purchasing anything. The manner in which the latest packs are being released, plus the content in the updates, reminds me of how Sims3 was slowly phased out the year before Sims4 was released. The development teams seem to be wrapping things up, which is evident by the hinted at January release of freed babies. I expect there to be more of this as time goes on. Which is fine. It's about time they figured out how to untether those poor babies. I'm content with staying in hover mode and just play my game until more bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    May
    Oops, I voted May because I was thinking announcement, not release.

My guess is that the two expansion packs will come out June/July and November/December because it seems that's when they've decided they sell best, which makes sense with summer and Christmas.

They did say that the infant update is coming out early 2023, so that'll probably be patched in in January or February right before a random GP, just like the toddler patch and Vampires. There's no reason to think the infant patch has to come out around the same time as a generation expansion, even if that would be nice.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    February
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    If a new EP was a possibility in January, I think we would have heard something by now. A GP could be released in February then a new EP in June. But it would need to be something truly exciting, with totally new content before I think about purchasing anything. The manner in which the latest packs are being released, plus the content in the updates, reminds me of how Sims3 was slowly phased out the year before Sims4 was released. The development teams seem to be wrapping things up, which is evident by the hinted at January release of freed babies. I expect there to be more of this as time goes on. Which is fine. It's about time they figured out how to untether those poor babies. I'm content with staying in hover mode and just play my game until more bugs are fixed.

I agree. I don't think we'll get the EP in January. They usually promote it for weeks before releasing, so I think February is the earliest we will see the EP.