Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forum Collab Basegame Save File Project COMPLETE!

Comments

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,303 Member
    1. Your Gallery ID - Issabella14
    2. Your forum name - Abelhinha35
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.) - yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for. 40 - 80
    5. Constructive Criticism Yes/No (from other forum users, not just me) - no
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only) - none
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B0955B08583311ED8FC5CE5F53552F4F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    8. Title of your Build - Operation Homefront 20X30

w7FmZu0.jpg

a3YiBph.jpg

Just the other day I decided to take all my old builds and spruce it up base game only. Just found this post today and thought I will share my first redo on old build. Base game only. BTW I tried James Turner's base game only mod but it's not working for me. :)
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    @abelhinha35 Oh thank you! I love the style of this home. I can't wait to try it out.

If any of these inspire your creativity, let me know! I'm looking for a few things.

Hospital:

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/xCqQS493/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-24-51-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-24-51-AM.png

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/hvTPH503/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-23-05-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-23-05-AM.png

My hospital shell is now on the gallery as base game only...it's stripped of all non base game. If any of you want to tackle this, feel free.

Apartment Community Set:

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/tTfjRNTQ/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-17-12-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-17-12-AM.png

I'd like these three lots, beside the gym, to be 3-4 story apartment buildings that match each other. I'd like the vibe to be luxury apartments but not for the super rich. I'd like them to have private balcony's and for each apartment to be decorated differently, as if each apartment is distinct to a different sim. The outside and first floor should all be exactly, or mostly, the same, though, the first floor being some sort of community areas for the apartment buildings. I want the feel of high-rise apartments, but I don't want the actual build to be more than 3-4 stories.

This is a huge project that I can tackle, but if someone else feels that spark of challenge or creativity, I want to put it out there. Also, let me know if you'd love to decorate something like this, but you don't want to build the whole thing. I have something (non base game) that I could easily strip to be a shell.

The Other Side of the Tracks:

I love this bar that I call "The Edge of Town" and I love having a broken down, poor side of town, where everything is abandoned and a bit sketchy. This side of town would attract the rougher crowd or the sims that are low on their luck. The bar in this picture is going to stay for sure, but everything else, even my own, is subject to change. I'd welcome individual lots here that have the rough, broken down vibe. Fixer-uppers, the town "dump", homeless sim hideouts, trains that are abandoned...or whatever else you'd like to come up with. Totally up for interpretation and creativity.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/g0gpQWb0/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-20-23-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-10-20-23-AM.png

My Truly Testerban meets one of your sims while I'm testing out the bar in town. I thought that was a cute moment of connection. Maybe they'll become friends.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/B68vC6P3/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-9-18-40-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-9-18-40-AM.png

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/d0N1dd1n/Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-9-19-28-AM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen-Shot-2022-10-31-at-9-19-28-AM.png

@Lissykin and @BreeMiles what career path do you see your sim pursuing? I can choose if you don't care, but they're all open for now.
    . Your Gallery ID - Issabella14
    3. Permission to use this specific build/sims in my save file (with acknowledgment of you, the builder, if selected.) - yes
    4. Category you want this build considered for. 80 - 150
    6. (optional) Links to slide shows, your personal blog/YouTube channel (sims related only) - none
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A77FF5AB593D11ED84267E5A82CDDB73?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false

huRY6nQ.png

I just completed the second build for the same area in Oasis Springs. Base game only.
    HomeMama wrote: »
    @abelhinha35 Oh thank you! I love the style of this home. I can't wait to try it out.

Awesome, I have just posted my second build. I am going to try and build a mid-century starter 20x15 next. :)
    edited October 2022
    @abelhinha35 Awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE these! You're first one had the most amazing laundry room area. Love the style. I have a specific place in Oasis springs in mind for this style. I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one to the lower portion of the screen, to the right of the commercial area. I hope that makes sense. I'm beginning to envision that neighborhood as midcentury modern, and up to date, just as yours look. These will fit right in!

Edited to add: LOL pretty sure the exact neighborhood this most recent house is pictured.
    @abelhinha35 Awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE these! You're first one had the most amazing laundry room area. Love the style. I have a specific place in Oasis springs in mind for this style. I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one to the lower portion of the screen, to the right of the commercial area. I hope that makes sense. I'm beginning to envision that neighborhood as midcentury modern, and up to date, just as yours look. These will fit right in!

Edited to add: LOL pretty sure the exact neighborhood this most recent house is pictured.

Awesome, so glad you like them. :)
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I have started building an apartment building and I'm going to do 4 apartments and a penthouse
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • proffittm30proffittm30 Posts: 59 Member
    I'll take a stab (pun intended) at the Hospital. will be a couple days before I start. ♥♥♥

@Cavapoo_King Awesome! I can't wait to see it. @proffittm30 Thanks! It's great to meet you!
    @Cavapoo_King My sim has been testing out your house...the two story brick one. It's so much fun and so busy. Perfect family home and looks very real. I'll probably think of a new name for it, to distinguish it from other houses. I love it. The only constructive criticism I have for this build, is that there's no landscape paint, and so where the house connects to the grass, it feels ungrounded. I love your build!

I'm thinking of putting @BreeMiles sim, Henry, in your house, once I get him set up with a family.

BreeMiles, do you have a certain career you saw Henry pursuing? If not, I was thinking of putting him in the Business career.

@Lissykin Heather is becoming a regular in my game, running into her frequently and becoming my test sim's friend. Sadly, I'll be taking my test sim out at the end since I use cheats with her. I might replace her with a brand new version of herself, without cheats, though, if I can rename her. Heather is so fun! She got my sim all flustered over something she was angry about, lol.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @Lissykin and @BreeMiles what career path do you see your sim pursuing? I can choose if you don't care, but they're all open for now.

Yes please choose dear
    edited November 2022
    @BreeMiles Thank you so much! I'm so proud of our save!!

I can't wait to get sims moving around in there and creating stories. If anyone has anymore Sims/Sim Families...please submit them. We've got plenty of room.

So far, I need a full house for the Retirement Community and a household of 3 roommates. Possibly a mate or potential spouses for Henry and Heather. And I might add Truly Testerban to the save with a different name, since I don't want to cheat their progress (and I already have with her in order to test).

I want one of each career represented, so the first ones I'm looking for are the highest paying jobs, like Astronaut, so that they can be ahead of the other sims in simoleons.

If anyone would like to adopt a sim/sim family to play within the Save File to develop their story, that would add to the dynamics in a way I can only try and do on my own. I want them to work up without any cheats, and I want it to feel like reality (no aliens or anything supernatural), would love at least one sim made without the ability to conceive (true to life kind of stuff).

If you want to Adopt a Sim Family, let me know who you'd like to work on and I'll let you know where I've put them to live so you can work within our save.

Adoptable:
    (First dibs go to the creators, if they speak up soon)
    Henry
    Truly
    Heather

(I'll update as I approve more sims/families.)
    1. Your Gallery ID - Issabella14
    4. Category you want this build considered for - starter home (20x15 lot)
    7. (optional but also helpful) Link to gallery entry - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/09F2654E596811ED880FB0367017BAFF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Issabella14&max=50&maxis=false
    8. Title of your Build - Midcentury modern starter

Lqj6MHN.png

Awesome @abelhinha35 !! I'll take a look. Thank you!
    edited November 2022

Great, I just have one more 20x30 in that neighborhood left to build. Not sure what I should build. Can you give me any ideas? :)
    edited November 2022
    @BreeMiles Thank you so much! I'm so proud of our save!!

I can't wait to get sims moving around in there and creating stories. If anyone has anymore Sims/Sim Families...please submit them. We've got plenty of room.

So far, I need a full house for the Retirement Community and a household of 3 roommates. Possibly a mate or potential spouses for Henry and Heather. And I might add Truly Testerban to the save with a different name, since I don't want to cheat their progress (and I already have with her in order to test).

I want one of each career represented, so the first ones I'm looking for are the highest paying jobs, like Astronaut, so that they can be ahead of the other sims in simoleons.

If anyone would like to adopt a sim/sim family to play within the Save File to develop their story, that would add to the dynamics in a way I can only try and do on my own. I want them to work up without any cheats, and I want it to feel like reality (no aliens or anything supernatural), would love at least one sim made without the ability to conceive (true to life kind of stuff).

If you want to Adopt a Sim Family, let me know who you'd like to work on and I'll let you know where I've put them to live so you can work within our save.

Adoptable:
    (First dibs go to the creators, if they speak up soon)
    Henry
    Truly
    Heather

(I'll update as I approve more sims/families.)

What do you need me to do with Henry I can see what I can do, should aging be off while we work with their skills? Just to throw this out there I'm not good at making up backsotries for sims either :/

Great, I just have one more 20x30 in that neighborhood left to build. Not sure what I should build. Can you give me any ideas? :)

I have two community lots in that same neighborhood. They aren't in the pictures above because I put them in since I posted those. One's a library and one's a park (that one's pictured somewhere here). I need another house for that neighborhood, if you're up for it. If you'd like to do a community lot, there are many things needed and they could fit many different places.

I'm working on a strikethrough soon, so that everyone knows what's still available. It might take me a hot minute, though.

Thank you so much for your beautiful houses! They are gorgeous.
    @BreeMiles Oh that's great! Yes, I'd love for you to work on Henry. LOL I almost always work on sims with aging off, so I didn't even think about that. Yes, definitely aging off. And either business career or astronaut. But all are open right now, so if you choose one that feels right, just let me know and that'll be his.
    @BreeMiles Oh that's great! Yes, I'd love for you to work on Henry. LOL I almost always work on sims with aging off, so I didn't even think about that. Yes, definitely aging off. And either business career or astronaut. But all are open right now, so if you choose one that feels right, just let me know and that'll be his.

I think I will go with a business career for him, I don't think I've ever played the business career before.
    I'll be working a lot on laying a foundational plan, based on what we have so far. I'm willing to adjust and move as the tide of ideas and options grow. Bree suggested a strikethrough for what's already taken, and I think that's a great idea!

I'll be working on that. I'm only going to strike through what I'm really pretty confident about staying in the game. Some of the builds, for now, are more open to change...many are my own that just give me an idea of what kind of thing I like there. However, if someone submits something I like better, I'm totally using it instead of mine (or whatever was there).

The strikethrough is basically going to mean it's very unlikely this build will be edited out of the final. It may be moved to a new location, but it's one of my absolute favorites and has a pretty secure spot.

As things are really growing, I'm starting to see a plan forming of what kinds of neighborhoods these are going to be. Be prepared for quite a few posts to let y'all in on the plans, to spark some ideas.

I'm off to work on it.

Thank you all!!

P.S. Some of them that I'm not striking through, are also my favorites, just fyi. They just don't have a firm fit in the game. Like my own national park...I LOVE the way it turned out, and I love playing in it too, but from a bird's eye view, it doesn't look perfectly aligned with the other builds. So, it could be replaced if someone offers something that just fits better. (Just one example.)
    edited November 2022
    Here's the 2nd Edit to the save file!

simfileshare.net/download/3525244/

If you have contributed anything or are a part of this project at all, please feel free to add this edit to your game. It's by no means final. Please let me know if the link works or not.

If what you see is this, you're in the right place.

[url="[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/qvrnGTxJ/Screen_Shot_2022-11-02_at_12.03.02_PM.png[/img][/url]"][/url]Screen_Shot_2022-11-02_at_12.03.02_PM.png

Credits so far:
    (if you don't recognize the title next to your name, it's because I changed the name of the build within the save. It is the same build, just a different name, and changes nothing on the gallery.)

Sims:
    By @Lissykin - Heather Newson
    By @BreeMiles - Henry Walden
    By WisdomBuilders - Truly Stearling

Lots:

Willow Creek:
    Open Opera Family Forum (wedding venue) - by @IreneLiberius
    Red Brick Bustle - by @Cavapoo_King
    Roomies Runthrough - by @Lissykin
    the rest by WisdomBuilders (so far, subject to change)

Oasis Springs:
    Fly Away Retirement Home - by @BreeMiles
    Homeless Retreat - by @IreneLiberius
    Operation Homefront - by @Issabella14
    Midcentury Modern 40x30 - by @Issabella14
    the rest by WisdomBuilders (so far, subject to change)

Newcrest:
    Bluebird - by @Lissykin
    Midcentury Modern Starter - by @Issabella14
    the rest by Wisdombuilders (so far, subject to change)
    Post edited by HomeMama on

I have two community lots in that same neighborhood. They aren't in the pictures above because I put them in since I posted those. One's a library and one's a park (that one's pictured somewhere here). I need another house for that neighborhood, if you're up for it. If you'd like to do a community lot, there are many things needed and they could fit many different places.

I'm working on a strikethrough soon, so that everyone knows what's still available. It might take me a hot minute, though.

Thank you so much for your beautiful houses! They are gorgeous.

Ok, if I understand correctly, the house you need will be a 20x30 lot, midcentury modern to match the other house in that area.