Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult poll: Werewolves, Vampires or Spellcasters?

2...Next

Comments

• Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Spellcasters
    I truly enjoy all of them but if I consider it, I tend to have more spell casters in my game and then werewolves and after that vampires. I suppose it has to do with my play style and what save I'm playing but I enjoy all of them. Now we need fairies, genies and fleshed out aliens :smile:
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited September 2022
    Aliens and vampires were always my favorite in sims....I even think alien blood is an acquired taste for my vamps. Probably spicy. ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Werewolves
    1. Werewolves
    Unique gameplay, unlike the other too they cannot negate their needs, but have means to fill them without needing objects or a home. Also adorable beyond words.

2. Spellcasters
    Their downside is that they feel a bit samey, they need to be given different backgrounds. The lesser magical traditions (Selvadoradan idols, Sulani elementals, Britechester elves, Mt.Komorebi spirits or general spectres) feel more distinct.

3. Vampires
    Not a fan of the concept. Also their main attraction, being immortal, doesn't come into play in my aging off gameplay that hardly ever spans more than 20 years.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Spellcasters
    My favorites in order are: Spellcasters, Vampires and Wolves. i hate aliens and ghosts :neutral:

This is Morgyn (in my game) ♥
    88f17df7eee53431c3a9c4ed94db95e1.png

And this other one is my special sim, that my boyfriend made me. he is a vampire ♥ (and other times human/spellcaster lol)
    55b11733e55388ab8e235002e753f216.png

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Spellcasters
    My main family is a spellcaster woman, werewolf man, and their kids are a spellcaster daughter, werewolf son, and an adopted alien daughter.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Werewolves
    Before any of them were in the game I wanted werewolves the most, and I am in no way disappointed with how they turned out.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Werewolves
    I actually prefer my Werecats, cause I really really like feline, not a canine. :p
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Spellcasters
    I like occults in general but Spellcasters are my favorite, I just generally prefer their theming and lore than Vampires or Werewolves, plus I love their magic (not to mention they have a Spellbook Injector mod which lets them add so much more wacky and crazy spells). They also come with familiars and I love them as well. Plus, the giant cauldron they come with is extremely helpful, anyone can make like a large amount of food that never spoils.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters
    they are a familiar entity from their presence in such fantasy literature that I read
    they are not evil by definition, neutral and even good ones are present in said stories. The same cannot be said for the other 2
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters all the way, they have the most options. I do wish they were tweaked a little though, like imo some of the spells are a little lame (like the emotional ones that you can't really see a difference with I.e despairo, etc) and the plentiful needs potion is way too OP again imo. I wish the potions were altered, plentiful needs should cost more ingredients to make and it should be something like: normal gives a slight boost, while excellent halts degeneration for x amount of hours, meaning you'd have to still be strategic with them atleast. The perk tree is a little basic too but with all the spells I can't really complain about that. I wish the Luck potion played around with other packs, like the lottery tickets and stuff. Actually a lot of the potions/spells are specific to that pack (like herbio giving potion ingredients, luck potion as well) would be cool to actually affect the world, like weather spells and stuff but that might actually make people upset that they'd need to buy more packs to get the most out of it.
  • yogurrt_toobyogurrt_toob Posts: 51 Member
    Spellcasters
    But again, I'm happy with them, just naming some things I'd change IF I could.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Spellcasters
    Spellcasters all the way, they have the most options. I do wish they were tweaked a little though, like imo some of the spells are a little lame (like the emotional ones that you can't really see a difference with I.e despairo, etc) and the plentiful needs potion is way too OP again imo. I wish the potions were altered, plentiful needs should cost more ingredients to make and it should be something like: normal gives a slight boost, while excellent halts degeneration for x amount of hours, meaning you'd have to still be strategic with them atleast. The perk tree is a little basic too but with all the spells I can't really complain about that. I wish the Luck potion played around with other packs, like the lottery tickets and stuff. Actually a lot of the potions/spells are specific to that pack (like herbio giving potion ingredients, luck potion as well) would be cool to actually affect the world, like weather spells and stuff but that might actually make people upset that they'd need to buy more packs to get the most out of it.

I would also like a tweak of the spells and potions and a harder skill track. Some spells should be harder to master, especially some of the Untamed ones, like Dedeathify and Necrocall. And, the immortality potion should be a major challenge to complete. I like the spellcaster ranking system, but spell difficulty should be a factor with spells ranked from easy to difficult and advancement keyed to that in each separate track instead of how many spells are learned. I would like to see a spellcaster have to decide on a track and complete that track through spell difficulty ranking to Virtuoso in that track (or potions, in the case of alchemy). Then if you want, they can switch tracks, but will start at baseline skills for that track, advancing again through that track to the highest level.

One other thing that originally bugged me is the seemingly conflicting nature of magic. On the one hand, spellcasters have a bloodline, which implies a genetic component. On the other hand, a normal sim can just walk into the Realm and ask a spellcaster to make them a spellcaster, implying it is an imparted ability. I guess the whole mote sight test implies the Sages are looking for some kind of magic affinity, so I’ve decided to interpret this as the genetically inherited magic trait has to be activated in order to become a spellcaster.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Vampires
    I really like the idea of werewolves but because of the variety of their skills, I find Vampires more fun to play
  • arianaooarianaoo Posts: 2 New Member
    @DaWaterRat
    > With spellcasters, I can play it casual - they learn scruberoo, maybe repario, and don't touch magic otherwise - or I can have a sim go deep and master both aspirations, have an extensive collection of Familiars and magical items, build an alchemical garden and otherwise go all in. Or I can play anywhere along the spectrum between hardly touching it and mastering the whole thing.
    >
    While I agree to an extent, i think what @Olalla1986 said is important to consider. if you’re going to play the other two, it’s gonna have hardships. you could cheat for easy. But, i started a spellcaster mom and werewolf daughter. Daughter started her own family with an alien. It’s a massive house, lots going on, pets, etc, and wolfy is my main but I didn’t find the wolf rage to really get in the way. Plus if you put any work into the wolf stuff you get the perk points without trying and then you can control the transformation etc I didn’t even bother making it a priority before she had 3 kids lmaooo for context I’m not doing any occult stuff atm. pretty much only focused on parenthood, just with a house full of occult sims and ‘hybrids’ lol
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Spellcasters
    Waited until I had played werewolves a bit before choosing, and have to say hands down spellcasters for me. The other two don't suit my play style for main families as they are too extreme (ditto aliens now since we can't choose their outfits properly in the alien state) and while mermaids are OK I only have them in Sulani.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Spellcasters
    I just enjoy playing with Spellcasters more,
    and I will probably stay with a magical household longer than I would the others.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires of course. We are sophisticated and class. 8)
    Spellcasters are second, but for my case, why not both? (thanks to zer0's mod)
  • Mastah_BurnzMastah_Burnz Posts: 3 New Member
    Spellcasters
    I personally prefer Spellcasters, and pretty much always play as one. However, there are a few disappointments as far as I'm concerned. With the potions, I hate how the cauldron is so huge, yet only makes 4-6 potions, and each vial is only a single dose. Also, I'd like to be able to mix potions together, and even add them into regular food and drink. I was also hoping to be able to enchant a few everyday items around the home, too. Not use magic on them, but make them magical with enchantments. It would be nice if with Delicosio and Herbio you could select the food or plant you want to conjure, and add some drinks, too. Also, being able to choose what you turn someone into with Morphiate. And cast some spells on the home. A magic staff would be sweet, too. And why can't we sweep our homes with brooms? Summon lightning with Zipzap after being struck by lightning, being able to strike any one or anything, and supercharge turbines (without being hit by lightning first, though). And creating temporary clones of other Sims. And learning the Rite of Dissolution spell.

As for all Occults, I'd like to see them involved with education. Let's go to Spellcaster School so we can learn some spells that way! Or some optional rabbit hole lessons that work similarly to the skill classes from Discover University; go 5 or so times and earn yourself 1 shiny new spell or potion recipe. And Occult careers, 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

On an unrelated note which I hope I won't be getting in trouble for bringing up, I'm new to the forums; does anyone have any tips to increase my ranking so I can make my own threads?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited October 2022
    Werewolves
    Hi @Mastah_Burnz , just keep replying to threads that interest you :) Welcome to the forum! I gave you an Awesome to help you out.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Werewolves
    Spellcasters are the worst of the three imo, but they're still fun. But most of the spells/potions are just game cheats and kind of make gameplay stupidly easy.

Werewolves imo are the best, but that's cause they take the vampire framework and improved on it. Not to mention they allow small interactions/features for werewolf kids that Vampire kids don't get, unfortunately.

Vampires are great, though and deserve their own shout out for being one of the first really solid game packs at its time. Provided a ton of new gameplay and the Vampire power rank system was great. Ideally, it'd be nice to get a small update to vampires so they can have their own special interactions with kids (and the kids get their own Vampire related ones).

Same with Spellcasters. That plus both Spellcasters and wolves could use their own lay line lot trait, imo. But that's much lower on the wish list in terms of priority. Werewolves have pretty strong genetics.