Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any good reason to keep Baby Ariel in the game?

I never see this sim in any of the towns, Del So Valley included. Is there any good reason to keep Baby Ariel in the game? I'm thinking about deleting her from my Master Save but want to make sure she doesn't have any uses before I do.

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,839 Member
    I've never seen her in my game, anywhere ever, other than manage households. I'd say go ahead and delete her.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited August 2022
    i think she has immortality trait for some stupid reason so if you don't want trait on randomized other sim then maybe keep her

then again i don't play randomized townies so i deleted her cause i just delete the whoever spawns with her trait anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    She has no value to the game at all, there is supposedly a hidden trait that will respawn on a random sim that looks nothing like her but you would probably just clear that random townie out anyways so delete away.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I changed her name, turned her into a mermaid, and hooked her up with one of my Reaper offspring sims. Apart from that, can't think of a use for her. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    If you don't like Sims who are immortal and will forever be teenagers as your generations grow up, potentially talk to her and die before a single day passes for her, I would say no.

Otherwise it also depends, do you like having real world people in your game? If also no, deleting her works too!

I don't even know who she is ontop of only knowing she's real, so it's one of those "influencer" cases which helps on the deletion side
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I always delete her in every save
  • Options
    TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    There was (literally) no reason to have her in the game to begin with.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for your responses.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've never seen her in my saves, although I know she's in the game. I thought I'm going to remove her if she starts showing up everywhere, but she's avoiding me and I'm okay with it.
    I like premades, but she's useless and I don't like immortal Sims (unless they're vampires, spellcasters or my own Sims that I've decided to make immortals for some reason). As long as she stays hidden in my saves she can stay.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I think I've seen her in the wild a grand total of once. I don't worry about sim count, so she's just there, but she's definitely on my deletion list if I ever need to clear out Other Households.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    When I scroll around the neighborhoods, I will see her living in different houses in different saves, but I have never seen her out and about and my sims travel, a lot. In all the forays I've sent my sims on, I have never seen her other than in houses. I'm like Kimmer, as long as she stays out of sight I don't care either. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

@LaBlue0314 I made her "Lotta Rosie's" daughter. MWAHAHA!!!! :D:D:D
    bvzLd9p.png

Character made by FyreFlye9
    IG70aQM.png
    Ain't no fairy story. Ain't no skin and bones...You're a whole lotta woman. A whole lotta Rosie! Originally released by AC/DC

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    She comes with guitar and piano skill points, as will every replacement Baby Ariel. So if for some reason one would need a teenager with middling instrument skills, that would be her use.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    She's fun if you have the Vampires pack. Before I learned she was based on a real person, I thought she was just a random celeb sim. I had fun making her a washed-out, Copa Cabana-esque starlet who got captured by a vampire for sustenance. Immortality's not so great when you're locked in a vampire's basement for all eternity.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Wait, she's based on a real person? Oh gods, no, no, no, absolutely not, nope to tenth degree. I'm gonna have to delete her out of the game and work something else out for my Mermaid sim. I do not, under any circumstances, play with the real life people in my game.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The only Base Townie sim I keep is Bella. ;)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,919 Member
    She is as useless as Alex Moyer.both deleted, and deleting new Ariel whenever I spot her
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Wait, she's based on a real person? Oh gods, no, no, no, absolutely not, nope to tenth degree. I'm gonna have to delete her out of the game and work something else out for my Mermaid sim. I do not, under any circumstances, play with the real life people in my game.

According to the Sims Wiki she’s based on someone called Ariel Rebecca Martin: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Ariel
    I’ve never heard of her.

I’ve rarely seen her in-game. I used to have Zerbu’s Go to School mod, and she turned up when I sent my teen Sim to school, but that’s about it.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I find it ironic that they gave the immortality trait to a celebrity who has become a "Literally who?" like a year after her collaboration happened.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I’ve seen her in my game but I have no idea who the girl is.
    If Baby is indeed a RL celeb and part of a collaboration she should have been temporary like Millie Bobby Brown that time. If my memory serves me correctly Millie the Sim brought a box of presents for a week and after that she just moved on. Hello and Goodbye. The way it should be. 😅
  • Options

My guess is that teen "Baby Ariel" would be a young adult now. ;)

I'm guessing the Sim version of Baby Ariel is based on this:
    This is a more recent music video:
    (Disney Empire, so in collaboration with "The Sims". Which his fine.)
    Cute!

Lotta Rosie? Well... heh heh! :D:pB)
    (Just music, not video)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I've never seen her in my saves, although I know she's in the game. I thought I'm going to remove her if she starts showing up everywhere, but she's avoiding me and I'm okay with it.
    I like premades, but she's useless and I don't like immortal Sims (unless they're vampires, spellcasters or my own Sims that I've decided to make immortals for some reason). As long as she stays hidden in my saves she can stay.

Same here. I never ran across her.
    I don't like a real life person forced into my game and made immortal for no good reason. She has no use in my game, no reason to exist in the sims universe. So the sim version of this 'celebrity' better stays out of my sims' way for her own good.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I always figured she was supposed to be someone you encounter during the Social Media career and it just never worked and nobody knew or even cared. With her being an immortal I'm almost sure that's what she is. Probably a good question for the team. Why is she immortal and what is supposed to trigger her showing up?
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I always figured she was supposed to be someone you encounter during the Social Media career and it just never worked and nobody knew or even cared. With her being an immortal I'm almost sure that's what she is. Probably a good question for the team. Why is she immortal and what is supposed to trigger her showing up?

I have to agree with you on this. She is not a plot character (story-line) in any way, or ever does anything. "Good/Bad/Neutral" or even "annoying" (like Vlad lol). She is just... there.

Now if she at least randomly showed up everywhere and started singing, ok fine! heh! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png