Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• KK94KK94 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am new to custom content and modding and I downloaded some stuff and it shows up when I launch the game but not in create a sim.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    Welcome @Princesss. I’m not the one to give advice on building. I’m a Gallery fan, myself. But I’m sure some fellow simmers can give you better advice on the discussion forums. Happy simming!

Sul sul! @Simsrella! It takes some effort to overcome bad relationships. Just keep doing friendly interactions as much as possible. If all else fails and you don’t mind cheats, the modify relationship cheat can get you wherever you want to be. Have fun!
    @HollyTheWally welcome to the forum! I think it’s great that you share the game with your daughter. I look forward seeing you around!
    KK94 wrote: »
    I am new to custom content and modding and I downloaded some stuff and it shows up when I launch the game but not in create a sim.

Hey! Make sure you have custom content and mods enabled in game settings. You can also filter for CC in CAS to check if it’s all there.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    Hi @TheCreator and welcome to the forum :)
  • Msgoodvibez711Msgoodvibez711 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi Good Afternoon 😃 I have a few suggestions for The Sims 4.
    ✨Give Sims characters a little more Independence like if they are hungry or need to go to the bathroom not every single time do we need to tell them to do so. I know they do sometimes but it would be cool to see independence more often because one of my Male sims got mad at me and said I kept telling him to do this and do that.

✨Have a list of codes on what each thought means and how to address that thought.

✨Fix the glitch where you try to have your sim cook fish tacos or gourmet meals and they say they can’t because something is in the way but nothing is in the way

✨Allow Sims to advance their cooking skills gradually give us step by step methods on how to teach our sim to cook every single time my sim makes Mac n cheese or grilled cheese sandwich they burn 🔥 the stove so dangerous 😖

✨My biggest feedback concern is that the sims bladder hunger fun all their levels go down sooooooo fast 💨 it actually makes the game less enjoyable if every second you turn around their levels go down within seconds. This is not really realistic and makes playing the game stressful exhausting and makes my mind race too much. Like I really enjoy playing the game but this issue really makes me not even wanna play anymore. If I can remember all the other sims games were not like this. Realistically a person doesn’t have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes endless there was a health issue. Please can you guys change this so a player is able to enjoy the game more allowing their sim to go to the gym park restaurant on a date play the guitar not having to eat pee or sleep every 2-5 minutes.

✨Fix the glitch that when you press an action sometimes it disappears. Especially trying to feed bath or change a child’s diaper sometimes I have to press it like 10 x for the sim parent to finally care for their child.

This is it so far I hope my comment feedback is read by the developers that would be awesome!
    Hi @Daniela10 and welcome to the forum :) There are lots of writers on here (young and old) and I think you will find it an encouraging group. Enjoy your holidays :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know that kids can do yoga and they gain motor and mental skills while ther're doing it. And kids can teach toddlers the thinking skill on the blocks, and the toddler learns faster if someone is teaching it to them. And believe it or not but kids can sell paintings on the vertical gallery. That one surprised me.
  • himalayanflower9himalayanflower9 Posts: 3 New Member
    hi everyone I'm new :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    hi everyone I'm new :)

Welcome !!!
  • LaneybananeyLaneybananey Posts: 1 New Member
    I’ll introduce myself 😁
    My name is Alannah!
    I’ve been playing sims since the sims 2, currently playing sims 4! I’ve been using this website for a couple years but only just signed up lol.
    I play on Mac and more than happy to help any newbies to Mac/sims4 if you need it.
    I do play with some mods that are majority bug fixes, and then some MM cc also 🥰 hi everyone
  • PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    > @Laneybananey said:
    > I’ll introduce myself 😁
    > My name is Alannah!
    > I’ve been playing sims since the sims 2, currently playing sims 4! I’ve been using this website for a couple years but only just signed up lol.
    > I play on Mac and more than happy to help any newbies to Mac/sims4 if you need it.
    > I do play with some mods that are majority bug fixes, and then some MM cc also 🥰 hi everyone

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the forum too, though I've been playing since Sims 2 on PC. I loved that game, it was the one that really got me into the sims games.
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Hello Simmers, I'm Tabitha (HomeMama on here and Wisdombuilders on the gallery). I'm really re-introducing myself because it's been so long since I've been on the forums. I mostly read and don't post, but I want to see if participating will help me stick to the same game...I'm a serial re-starter!!

I adore the Sims and have been playing almost as long as I've been married (since 2000). I bought the game as a way to cope with my home being destroyed in a hurricane, and transferring my need to be creative in my home, to the game. Addicted ever since! I went to school for architectural drafting, but never finished for lack of funds. Sims is definitely my creative outlet, but I also love playing in game with my sims families, as well. If only I could stick with one game.

Sims 2 was my favorite until I bought Sims 4 and now I'm hooked! I have most every expansion. I'm typically frugal, but not with Sims stuff lol...my husband buys me Sims stuff instead of flowers, for birthdays and holidays, etc. I'd rather have sims content than jewelry! And so this is where he spoils me.

Nice to meet you all!

Tabitha
    Hi @SelenaSimmer and @HomeMama Tabitha welcome and welcome-back to the forum :)
  • HomeMamaHomeMama Posts: 484 Member
    Hi @SelenaSimmer and @HomeMama Tabitha welcome and welcome-back to the forum :)

Thanks!! Glad to be here!
  • veggie_cutletveggie_cutlet Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello!

I have a problem with sims4, death. I do not like the fact that sims die. I tried entering a cheat called "death.toggle off." I also tried to turn off lunar effects, temperature effects, and auto aging. Still, another sim had died. I tried to not save the game so that I could go back in time to see how the death had happened. However, when I visited the sim's house, the one that almost died, that sim did not die. I think there is a bug or a glitch in the program. Can you help me stop complete death in Sims4?

Thank you!
  • DeeSimsGirlDeeSimsGirl Posts: 96 Member
    DeeSimsGirl2 on YouTube
    DeSimsGirl on The Sims 4 Gallery

Please subscribe and download if you like 🥰💖 it means the world to me
    Hi @veggie_cutlet, @ThorsLittleSister and @DeeSimsGirl welcome to the forum!

@veggie_cutlet unfortunately I don't know of a way to completely disable death, perhaps someone else can help. In addition to what you've already tried you might try turning off Neighborhood Stories, in the same gameplay options menu where you turned off auto aging. That causes changes in unplayed sims including deaths.

@ThorsLittleSister that is cool, I always wonder what game developers play on their free time :) I also have been simming with my daughter since a couple of months into the pandemic. She's 14 now.