Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are your house building skills?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I can build a box
    My houses look better inside than outside.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Professional Architect Good
    duriankind wrote: »
    Ohh I'd like to add a few pictures of my builds too! 😊

Beautiful work! I nominate you for the higher category.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I can do better with legos
    Im abit basic when it comes to building, although I think I do alright with making my builds playable. I just dont really have that much imagination when it comes to interesting designs.
    I have put quite a few builds on the Gallery though and generally they get about 20-30 downloads....except one random build that has well over 3,000 downloads and I cant for the life of me work out why it is so much more popular then anything else!!LOL
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Building - What's That - I headed to the Gallery
    Awful. Absolutely god awful. I'm, at best, a good box-builder. I don't know how you guys do it because in my eyes, you have to be super-duper talented to build houses so well.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    I can build a box
    I build boxes! 😂

Actually my skills are a little above that of building boxes. Nothing special, but I have fun with it.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I forgot about this. Unfinished but was a big step up from my last house and I think castle designs are my style now.

Jr97QCS.png
  • Options
    Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    I can build a box
    With the addition of curved walls, I can see myself likely soon to be experimenting a bit...maybe I'll look for some house layouts with curved walls. 🤔
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2022
    I can build a box
    It's improved slightly but I'm not great at it. This is my sims house that I just built, and I think it looks a bit weird. If you have any suggestions.....

MoQP6v2.png
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Getting Off-the-Ground Construction Company
    I'm too much of a perfectionist for complete satisfaction, but I am getting better.
  • Options
    Gh4stlyG1rlGh4stlyG1rl Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm a lot better at commercial builds than houses, but I'm always working to improve, and pretty happy with my progress so far.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    I'm a hit and miss honestly. The only thing I am confident in is my landscaping abilities as the home may look like trash but at least the landscaping around it looks nice. lol I usually look up unique architect builds on google for inspiration but sometimes I just can't seem to get the vision in my head built into the game.

I will admit I sometimes go over board with the plants though.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Dianesims I don't think your house looks weird at all. I really like it! I have seen rl houses that look like that. I also think it is better than "just a box"! :)
  • Options
    VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    I can build a box
    I am so bad at building and get overwhelmed with both building and interior that I get really discouraged. So, I'm in between I can build a box, but I also give up, but then try again.. just to get overwhelmed and give up again. 😂 I really wish that we had roof presets, though. or Blue prints so that I could try practicing. Would love something like the Sims 3 one, but more in-depth.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I can build pretty well and I have over 4,000 downloads on the gallery; however, I think there's room for improvement.
  • Options
    OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    I love building. It's my favorite way to play. Though I tend to overdo the details sometimes. I put way too many objects in a lot as clutter. I admit it. I try to trim it back after testing the lot with a family. I love building tiny. But it is not as fun as it was to build them in Sims3 for some reason. I had a ton of tiny builds for 3. I think overall I do pretty good on my builds.

Here are a few video tours:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xa8tIEJ2epXpMbvQ - Community Space Garden, Marketplace, Maker Space the works. Spent time getting all the plants spliced and perfect. So every plant is there and it is condensed down to take very little space.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xbQdWwisTqZw0Oqw - Horrible house to live in. Seriously you don't want to live here. I am making a group of supernatural teens live here with a guardian who is horrible at parenting. Great for if you want a rundown misery inducing lot.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xZwnp0iNy76FsxRg - Gary's Bar & Grill. Created as a restaurant but could easily be converted to a bar or lounge too.

Also I tend to either build with a story in mind. Like with Gary's & the house. So I incorporate a lot of little details to show that. I did this a lot with my SimSelf house too. But I don't have a tour for that one right now.

I am more limited now because I don't use any CC in my game.
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    OmniNerd42 wrote: »
    I love building. It's my favorite way to play. Though I tend to overdo the details sometimes. I put way too many objects in a lot as clutter. I admit it. I try to trim it back after testing the lot with a family. I love building tiny. But it is not as fun as it was to build them in Sims3 for some reason. I had a ton of tiny builds for 3. I think overall I do pretty good on my builds.

Here are a few video tours:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xa8tIEJ2epXpMbvQ - Community Space Garden, Marketplace, Maker Space the works. Spent time getting all the plants spliced and perfect. So every plant is there and it is condensed down to take very little space.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xbQdWwisTqZw0Oqw - Horrible house to live in. Seriously you don't want to live here. I am making a group of supernatural teens live here with a guardian who is horrible at parenting. Great for if you want a rundown misery inducing lot.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar73LAUyhxsXi6xZwnp0iNy76FsxRg - Gary's Bar & Grill. Created as a restaurant but could easily be converted to a bar or lounge too.

Also I tend to either build with a story in mind. Like with Gary's & the house. So I incorporate a lot of little details to show that. I did this a lot with my SimSelf house too. But I don't have a tour for that one right now.

I am more limited now because I don't use any CC in my game.

There ya go - now you have the links.
  • Options
    EuryphaessaEuryphaessa Posts: 11 New Member
    I've tried the house building thing, many times. I have zero imagination and all my houses end up looking like the house you drew when you were 4. A box, with a door, and four windows in the front complete with roof which I still mess up in sims 4 because of no auto roof! I head to the gallery to download all the awesome creations other people made (THANKYOU!) to make my game look pretty :)
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Professional Architect Good
    Kironide wrote: »
    I'm too much of a perfectionist for complete satisfaction, but I am getting better.

My too. Too much of a perfectionist for complete satisfaction. :D
    Why I don't have many uploads on the Gallery.

A build is never finished to my satisfaction to share it. :p I kinda have to force myself to make it 'good enough' then upload. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    starrylimastarrylima Posts: 16 Member
    I have no spacial awareness and have just given up on building now. Thankfully the gallery exists otherwise all my sims would be living in well decorated boxes :#
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I gave up on building
    I only like to decorate the interior. If I'm making a custom build I just look for shells on the gallery. I also hate when build mode takes too long. I want to hurry and get back to live mode with my fancy new lot to visit.
  • Options
    Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Vyolla wrote: »
    I am so bad at building and get overwhelmed with both building and interior that I get really discouraged. So, I'm in between I can build a box, but I also give up, but then try again.. just to get overwhelmed and give up again. 😂 I really wish that we had roof presets, though. or Blue prints so that I could try practicing. Would love something like the Sims 3 one, but more in-depth.

I usually look up blueprints online. I followed one to do one of my oasis springs home.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I love to go to the gallery and download shells then the furnishing and landscaping is up to me.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    WanevWanev Posts: 8 New Member
    I can build a box
    I would describe my skills as "meh." I can manage but there is usually something better in the gallery and even if I don't like the one in the gallery 100%, it is usually good enough that I can tweak it to do what I want to do.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I voted Getting Off-The Ground. I feel I'm improving with every build and I pushed myself more by making Victorian houses which are my favourites. Currently I'm trying to limit my builds to just base game, or base game and one expansions because I got fed up downloading houses off the gallery that use nearly all the DLC. Also building a house for 10K was a fun challenge for me.