Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    edited July 2022
    SweetieWright_84 I just downloaded version 7 so this will likely be a problem with both save files. When I went to edit the Volkovs they aren't werewolves. Maybe that's the issue with not being able to join the packs? I haven't looked at Rory yet but that would definitely keep you from being able to join.
    Edit: Same with Rory, Rory's not a werewolf in the save file.
    Edit again: But when I loaded up the lot, Kristopher Vokov is a werwewolf again. But they don't show up as werewolves in CAS.

That is a bug in the game, not my save doing that. There is an open bug thread on the bug forum about this. I think there is a workaround mentioned in the linked thread. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-W-Premade-Werewolves-are-shown-as-non-werewolves-in-CAS/td-p/11563766

@ihugspace wrote: »
    Hey!
    If I download a save file, create a household, and the savefile gets updated. How am I able to continue my houshold on the updated savefile?

You can also download the sims and builds from my gallery when I update to a new version. I usually hashtag what lot I built my lots on and what lot the households go on.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    SweetieWright_84 I just downloaded version 7 so this will likely be a problem with both save files. When I went to edit the Volkovs they aren't werewolves. Maybe that's the issue with not being able to join the packs? I haven't looked at Rory yet but that would definitely keep you from being able to join.
    Edit again: But when I loaded up the lot, Kristopher Vokov is a werwewolf again. But they don't show up as werewolves in CAS.

That is a bug in the game, not my save doing that. There is an open bug thread on the bug forum about this. I think there is a workaround mentioned in the linked thread. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-W-Premade-Werewolves-are-shown-as-non-werewolves-in-CAS/td-p/11563766

That's so weird, when I edited Rory in another save, they were a werewolf in CAS so I had nooooooo idea.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    EIisabetta wrote: »

That's so weird, when I edited Rory in another save, they were a werewolf in CAS so I had nooooooo idea.

I thought it was my save but I tested it in a new save and it was the same. There is also a bug where your werewolves are a black void no matter their fur pattern, etc.

I thought it was my save but I tested it in a new save and it was the same. There is also a bug where your werewolves are a black void no matter their fur pattern, etc.

Yikes. Thanks for letting me know, that way I won't freak out if I run into it again.

I'm using your populated save file for the globetrotter challenge. My sim just got married to Carlton, LOL. He's cute.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
    Yikes. Thanks for letting me know, that way I won't freak out if I run into it again.

I'm using your populated save file for the globetrotter challenge. My sim just got married to Carlton, LOL. He's cute.

You're welcome!

I love Carlton. He's a good choice. :)
  • WrathfulGamerWrathfulGamer Posts: 3 New Member
    Hullo! I'm trying to download the save, and it really must just be my computer, but the link isn't working. I get sent to the leaving sims forum page like normal but when I click on the simsfileshare link it just buffers for a second and then stays on the leaving forum page. If I right-click and open i new tab it will open the tab for 2 seconds and then close itself. Is there an alternative download anywhere?
    edited July 2022
    Hullo! I'm trying to download the save, and it really must just be my computer, but the link isn't working. I get sent to the leaving sims forum page like normal but when I click on the simsfileshare link it just buffers for a second and then stays on the leaving forum page. If I right-click and open i new tab it will open the tab for 2 seconds and then close itself. Is there an alternative download anywhere?

It just opened for me (but I didn't try downloading it) but SFS may be having issues, it happens sometimes. Maybe try clearing your browser cache and try again?
    Post edited by EIisabetta on
    moxiegraphix on Origin

It just opened for me but SFS may be having issues, it happens sometimes. Maybe try clearing your browser cache and try again?

And from reading some posts on Tumblr, SFS is having issues so it's nothing on your end. People are having problems both uploading to and downloading from the site.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • WrathfulGamerWrathfulGamer Posts: 3 New Member
    > @EIisabetta said:
    > And from reading some posts on Tumblr, SFS is having issues so it's nothing on your end. People are having problems both uploading to and downloading from the site.

Thank you!!
  • jadayking1jadayking1 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I just downloaded the save file and put in the saves folder, but it's not showing up in the game. I have all the EP, GM, and SP, and no other save has the same name, so I'm unsure of what to do.
    Hello, I just downloaded the save file and put in the saves folder, but it's not showing up in the game. I have all the EP, GM, and SP, and no other save has the same name, so I'm unsure of what to do.

If you put it in the Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 folder then it should show up. Open up your saves folder and make sure the slot number 75 (populated) or 84 (unpopulated) are in fact in the folder. You can also try redownloading it and putting in the saves folder again. If there is one that already exists, you'll will get a prompt to replace the file. Apart from that, I'm unsure what else could be the problem.
  • jadayking1jadayking1 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > If you put it in the Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 folder then it should show up. Open up your saves folder and make sure the slot number 75 (populated) or 84 (unpopulated) are in fact in the folder. You can also try redownloading it and putting in the saves folder again. If there is one that already exists, you'll will get a prompt to replace the file. Apart from that, I'm unsure what else could be the problem.

I did what you said and it works now! I must have put it in a save file that wasn't under documents lol. Thank you!
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > If you put it in the Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 folder then it should show up. Open up your saves folder and make sure the slot number 75 (populated) or 84 (unpopulated) are in fact in the folder. You can also try redownloading it and putting in the saves folder again. If there is one that already exists, you'll will get a prompt to replace the file. Apart from that, I'm unsure what else could be the problem.

I did what you said and it works now! I must have put it in a save file that wasn't under documents lol. Thank you!

Awesome! I'm glad you got it figured out. Enjoy! Stay tuned for the updated version for High School Years in the coming weeks. :)
  • Mar1oMar1o Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, i just found out about this save file so the question that i have has probably already occured before - sorry if it has ):
    Q: I have a lot of packs, most of expansion packs i think i miss 1 or 2 and game and stuff i have a good amount too, but i dont have every pack, so this save file wouldnt work for my game, right? or is there someway i can still use it
    edited August 2022
    @Mar1o wrote: »
    Hi everyone, i just found out about this save file so the question that i have has probably already occured before - sorry if it has ):
    Q: I have a lot of packs, most of expansion packs i think i miss 1 or 2 and game and stuff i have a good amount too, but i dont have every pack, so this save file wouldnt work for my game, right? or is there someway i can still use it

Hi! You don't have to have the Star Wars pack or any Kits because I don't have them, and I don't plan on getting them.

You can still download the save but it will give you a pop-up saying something along the lines of "some items are missing." It's suppose to replace the items with similar items from packs that you do own. As for the worlds, they just won't show up at all if you don’t own a pack.

edited August 2022
    I've finished the updated version for High School Years but Sims File Share isn't cooperating today. As soon as it wants to upload the files, I'll post a link on the first page.

In the meantime, I'll give you a bit of an update on what changes I made.
    1. I gave everyone (YA-E) who are in relationships and/or have kids sexual orientation.
    2. I gave all the males body hair, and enabled growth for the beards. I enabled hair growth for a females (teen-adult).

As usual, I rebuilt every lot and made new sims. The Copperdale premades are still available but they're not in world. All lots and sims are also available for download on my Gallery. Username is the same as here. Use (hashtag) Copperdale in the search on my profile to find them.

Edit: Both save files are uploaded and linked on the first page. Thanks for the support and enjoy! :)
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • MacCollaccMacCollacc Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! Love your save file. I noticed a pathfinding issue on lot okamato in mt. komorebi. They can't use the kitchen appliances.
    edited September 2022
    Hello! Love your save file. I noticed a pathfinding issue on lot okamato in mt. komorebi. They can't use the kitchen appliances.

Hi! Thank you for letting me know. I'll check it out and fix it for the next update. I'm glad you're enjoying the save. :)

Edit: I checked what the issue was and it's the light. Delete that and replace it with the saucer light (or any other light similar) and it should work.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • Bene1992_Bene1992_ Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello ! Thanks for your hard work, I love playing with your save file. Currently playing with the Mosby household in Coperdale.
    Your high school looks so nice, but infornatly I had to replace it by a smaller one. I tried to play with yours but students & teachers are always late. Possible to have a smaller one in a next update ?
    @Bene1992_ wrote: »
    Hello ! Thanks for your hard work, I love playing with your save file. Currently playing with the Mosby household in Coperdale.
    Your high school looks so nice, but infornatly I had to replace it by a smaller one. I tried to play with yours but students & teachers are always late. Possible to have a smaller one in a next update ?

I'm glad you're enjoying the save file. It may not be in the next update but eventually. Now that I've had a chance to play around with the high school, I agree it is a bit big.
  • rosalegal2005rosalegal2005 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you so much for the new saves!! <3
  • rosalegal2005rosalegal2005 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you so much for the new save files!! <3
    Thank you so much for the new save files!! <3

I'm glad you enjoy it!
  • EngelSim83EngelSim83 Posts: 69 Member
    OMG how could i miss this for so long. i just LOVE this save file. Thanks alot. <3<3<3
    My Origin: EngelSim
    Twitter:https://twitter.com/EngelSim
    OMG how could i miss this for so long. i just LOVE this save file. Thanks alot. <3<3<3

I'm glad you like the save file. Thank you so much for the comment. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top