Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I find it hard to be enthusiastic about his pack, more schooling - na. Besides my Sims are usually rather beat when they return from school, needing food or sleep. They have to do their homework and that is pretty much it for the day. After "My Wedding Stories" I have no completion craving so the only hope for this EP is that the creators have had a very fun time making this EP and have come up with some very fun game functions and interactions.

For me it depends on what kind of objects they add eg photobooths would be spectacular and also I hope it adds proms.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Peral wrote: »
    I find it hard to be enthusiastic about his pack, more schooling - na. Besides my Sims are usually rather beat when they return from school, needing food or sleep. They have to do their homework and that is pretty much it for the day. After "My Wedding Stories" I have no completion craving so the only hope for this EP is that the creators have had a very fun time making this EP and have come up with some very fun game functions and interactions.

For me it depends on what kind of objects they add eg photobooths would be spectacular and also I hope it adds proms.
    For me its all about overhauling the teen age group as well as simulating the social experience of being in high school.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm excited to see what they came up with, but so far, for me personally it's sounding like a "maybe buy on sale someday" pack. But I'll keep an open mind at least through the livestream.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    It's nice to see an EP finally, and with the theme it's well timed too. I've never really done a lot with family play up to this point but that's about to change in a major way. My werewolf save already has a family that is one of the main households. My big save will eventually have 3 or more families. I know this is teen focused but by the time we get it the toddler werewolf will be a teen.

I'm really excited to see what they come up with for all of it, kits, EP, and the base game update.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2022
    There are many Simmers that want school busses to return, especially for storytelling purposes.

The most of countries don't have school bus, I doubt the players outside US think about it.

Go to high school with a skateboard or scooter is maybe more popular in Europe. (And it's eco-friendly ;) )

un-min10.jpg
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    There are many Simmers that want school busses to return, especially for storytelling purposes.

The most of countries don't have school bus, I doubt the players outside US think about it.

Go to high school with a skateboard or scooter is maybe more popular.

un-min10.jpg

This. Most kids in other countries walk, rides bikes etc to school. The yellow school bus is very US centric.
  • NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    taydev wrote: »

un-min10.jpg

This. Most kids in other countries walk, rides bikes etc to school. The yellow school bus is very US centric.

un-min10.jpg

You are correct but the thing is this is supposed to based off of the US school system and if that’s the case school buses are a must

edited June 2022
    @Nicolea wrote: »

un-min10.jpg

un-min10.jpg

You are correct but the thing is this is supposed to based off of the US school system and if that’s the case school buses are a must

I'm not sure about it, the survey about American High School was in 2020 but Maxis Europe and a new VP/GM came in 2021. A lot of things changed.

And Maxis never follow at 100% the survey description.

For example Discover University in the survey 2017 before the new VP/GM arrived.

rpdj0i11.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I would have been more excited for a childhood expansion pack that covered both kids and teens. I think I can like this pack if they focus less on the educational part of high school and more on the social aspects. Add a new lot type and a couple new events (prom, sleepovers, graduation party) and I could get behind it. I just need it to not feel like university and for it to still be worth it if I don't follow my teen to an active high school lot.
    I would have been more excited for a childhood expansion pack that covered both kids and teens. I think I can like this pack if they focus less on the educational part of high school and more on the social aspects. Add a new lot type and a couple new events (prom, sleepovers, graduation party) and I could get behind it. I just need it to not feel like university and for it to still be worth it if I don't follow my teen to an active high school lot.

In all fairness you should really wait until after the trailer to tomorrow because let’s be honest none of us know what this pack is really about outside of school related and teens
    edited June 2022
    I begin to think On Campus idea is matching better to High School EP than Discover University EP.

• LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    Gah, this is happening too soon, we were just getting hyped for a pack and now we're already back at it again. I'm not used to it. :D

Anyway, obviously better judgement should be saved for the trailer, but personally, I'm kinda indifferent to this pack. It's most likely geared towards teens and I primarily play adults. Assuming it's an active school session at all, I can't really see this being that great due to TS4's AI problems, as seen in the Wedding Stories livestream. I see myself fighting with my Sims to take a seat in class because some other Sim in there keeps trying to talk to my Sim.

But perhaps it'll add a functioning attraction system or bands, though I think the former should be base-game, although in fairness, My Wedding Stories was a great opportunity to add in attraction and it never was, so it may be time to give up on that. But I'll take bands. School, though? It's something I think I would only occasionally use. Still, I hope it's good for folks who really want more content for teens.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nicolea wrote: »

un-min10.jpg

un-min10.jpg

How exactly do you know that? Even if it is meant to be based on US school culture, that doesn't mean that buses are a must. I live in the US myself, and did not make use of school buses throughout much of my time in school. I'm well past school age now, but I never see school buses at all where I currently live. I do see walkers, bicycles, and car pools. There may be buses in the expansion, but to suggest that they have to be is probably a bit of an exaggeration. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    In the UK, kids just use the same bus-service as the adults.

Having said that, I associate yellow schoolbuses with The Sims cos they've been in earlier versions. It's probably moot, as the kids will most likely walk to the curb and disappear (as they do in university when living off-campus), or they'll be boarding on-site.
    VeeDub wrote: »

un-min10.jpg

un-min10.jpg

How exactly do you know that? Even if it is meant to be based on US school culture, that doesn't mean that buses are a must. I live in the US myself, and did not make use of school buses throughout much of my time in school. I'm well past school age now, but I never see school buses at all where I currently live. I do see walkers, bicycles, and car pools. There may be buses in the expansion, but to suggest that they have to be is probably a bit of an exaggeration. ;)

OKAY!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

un-min10.jpg

un-min10.jpg

All we have to base our opinion on this pack so far is the survey which asked people to vote for what packs they wanted American High School was one of them. I do think school busses should be a part of this pack then again I thought cars should have been part of the base game but they cut corners obviously so I don't expect it. In a real sandbox game the options should be take school bus, walk or have parents or the teen drive but this is Sims 4 it's not a true sandbox game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @DaWaterRat

I imagine it might be be like Zerbu's mod which has an active high school that uses the same format as active careers.

In the mod there is one class and focus of the day. Like one day might be science and technology, one the fine arts, and one personal development, etc. After a brief time in class your Sim will be directed to do skill building(related to the day's theme) or social activities including lunch. You can choose how successful you want the day to be based on how many of these you complete.

There is also the regular rabbit hole option also.

One drawback is everyone goes to the same school regardless of world.

Not sure how similar the Sims version will be though. I hope we at least get more than one school option.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

un-min10.jpg

un-min10.jpg

All we have to base our opinion on this pack so far is the survey which asked people to vote for what packs they wanted American High School was one of them. I do think school busses should be a part of this pack then again I thought cars should have been part of the base game but they cut corners obviously so I don't expect it. In a real sandbox game the options should be take school bus, walk or have parents or the teen drive but this is Sims 4 it's not a true sandbox game.

Oh, I see. I never got that survey. And yes, I have to agree with you on the not-so-much sandbox. It does pretty well with what it can handle best, I think, but as for motor vehicles in the game, I guess only time will tell!
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    With the “rise and shine” theme, the grad hat and the video of people talking about their teen years, I am ready to believe that the leak is real and that we’re getting a teen pack. Finally, an expansion pack! :smiley:

Really excited to see hints and teasers and trailers. I want to see how they will enhance the teen’s social and school experiences. I would love to add stuff to teens. I barely play them because they feel and look like mostly-adults.

But yes, can’t wait to see the new theme! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Did anyone see the statue of the chef a guru posted? I’m thinking that might mean there’s cooking in high school. Possibly a trade school? Or maybe chose classes like in discover university?

• ThisSentenceIsALieThisSentenceIsALie Posts: 78 Member
    For example Discover University in the survey 2017 before the new VP/GM arrived.

rpdj0i11.jpg

This really do sound more like a fit for High School than what we got with the University pack! Maybe they have re-used these ideas for a High School pack?
    /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ ノ
  • bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I wonder if we will get summer break in this high school pack.

We don't need summer break in the new pack. You can already do that if you own Seasons. I'm currently doing that in my game. Just set a summer break holiday Mon-Fri with no traditions and give kids the day off. Adults with jobs can still go to work.

I honestly did not know we could do that. Thanks for the info!!! That it so great!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Is high school going to be a regurgitation of Discover University? If so I hope we can rabbit hole it. After about three times going to school with your sims is tedious to the point of crying.

Lol @ crying. I'm definitely hoping to see good customisation.
    School is tedious to play (like real life lol)but fun! I roleplay in a highschool lot often but not every single day.
    I'm sure whatever they do they won't force players to have to go every day. I only want to go with my sims a few times a week or sometimes not at all when I'm playing a certain storyline. I think with enough teen drama and activities it could definitely keep the school life more interesting then boring!

I honestly think Uni is a good pack I'm just not interested in the uni lifestyle so I could never get into it. Plus it wasn't good for rotational.
    I think even if it's "similar" to Uni it will be a good pack. They will probably use a lot of the same systems.
    The trailer today shall reveal all 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited June 2022
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    52 minutes to go.. I'm nervous. D: