Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2: Strangetown - lots and sims rebuilt for Sims 3

2...Next

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    The Pilferson Family

Jessie dreams of being a professional sports star someday, but for now, shes into psychology and figuring out how people tick.

Download the Pilferson family here

rQz8n4n.jpg
    vzGP91N.jpg
    Jessie is majoring in psychology, but what she really wants is to be a professional sports star. Maybe she'll learn how to analyze her way into the big leagues some day.

Jessie was one of the four Sorority members at LFT, and effectively the romantic troublemaker of the household. She starts off with a big crush on her housemate's boyfriend, Matthew Hart, and drama will surely unfold if Matthew ever comes over, or if both Jessie and Sarah visit the fraternity. Her lifetime wish matches her bio; she wishes to be a pro sports star. However, she starts off here in the Sports Agent career, as it literally is all about 'analysing your way into the big leagues', and it also matches her jock nature.

Rfl5lzW.jpg
    MWlMUlf.jpg

Much like the other Dusty Drive units, its a comfortable low-cost spot for one. I decorated a bit TOO sparsely I think.

Bonus pictures:
    ei0aApT.jpg
    Keeping herself in shape

8oQsguM.jpg
    UsHjotj.jpg
    A phone conversation gone horribly wrong

TYPuw6B.jpg
    Found her dancing with Guy with many other Strangetown residents wanting in on the action

J4RJP5L.jpg
    Maybe she should hook up with Guy, they seem to be hitting it off!
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    The Terrano Family

Stella has definitely come a long way from home. Will a diverse town like this one offer enough opportunity for even her to fit in?

Download the Terrano family here

LVM5EWs.jpg
    74Ou0c2.jpg
    Stella loves reading and studying and is completely thrilled about being in college. She has a weakness for cookies.

Stella is the prime reason many link LFT to Strangetown; while all the other students are generally normal, Stella is just wacky enough to make LFT part of Strangetown, being the game's only other living pureblood alien. Naturally, in this version she has alien powers, which makes her a studying powerhouse; she needs no sleep, only the occasional brain recharge session, and even then its only needed if she uses her powers. Her favourite food is indeed cookies too!

She starts off in the Science career, despite how many are already in it, due to her major in 2 being extremely linked to science.

ISQWqYs.jpg
    aM8dKzY.jpg

I do believe one of the five units was naturally pink, so it was a no-brainer to move in Stella there, as almost all her outfits in Sims 2, are pink. She doesnt really need the bed, but it does help pass time if you force an alien to sleep till morning (plus, they get a permanent Well-Rested bonus!)

Bonus pictures:
    jS75Sxr.jpg
    Stella sunbathes AND recharges her brainpower at the same time!

FZL2jY5.jpg
    The model of elegance.

X7pvdLv.jpg
    She can game all night long.

GvBTtAk.jpg
    She has her own UFO in the family inventory, but prefers to use her pink car. Because the locals don't react too well to UFOs..especially those Dudes in Black.

xg2XhyF.jpg
    Looks like shes been spotted by one.

09yllba.jpg
    'Oh no not again, this is why the Grunts persecute us!'

HCTExd7.jpg
    Chaos! Lasers! Panic!

8rNjkLt.jpg
    She enjoys this far too much.

NuSsUYS.jpg
    'Advance the Division 47 plan! The aliens are making their move!'

tK8V7Qm.jpg
    I think the entire town showed up here.

edited May 2022
    The Verse Family

DJ enjoys music, both playing instruments and singing. With her natural talent, she just might become a musical superstar, but first, she wants to get through university.

Download the Verse family here

ERZXsyF.jpg
    mpoTqQJ.jpg
    DJ keeps herself busy by performing at local venues. She's creative, talented -- only staying in the sorority until she can find a place of her own.

DJ is an odd duck character. Her character arc is basically 'im in a sorority but I don't want to be here', and given her friendship with Zoe Zimmerman, it seems like she is set up to replace Gunnar and move in with Zoe and Jasmine during her third year, as Gunnar will usually have graduated by then and moved out. In Sims 2, Creativity is a catch-all skill that is Painting, Writing, all the instrument skills, all in one, so with her starting three skill points in Creativity, she can easily replace him on the guitar.

In Sims 3 however, those three skill points I assigned to Piano; now the Shifting Paradymes can induct DJ and have all four instruments covered. DJ is also fully able to go into the Singer career and go solo. Its all up to the player where she goes. She starts off with a bookstore part-time job, given her original major was Literature.

ABAqwD3.jpg
    As a copy of Ajay's house, I made sure to redo the painting and landscaping to not have a simple copy/paste job.

VAdW45e.jpg
    hojkcVH.jpg
    Similarish to Ajay's setup, as DJ is also pretty much in a 'starter state', with touchs to reflect her character, such as the piano. Note that I moved the grill to where the bins are, and the bins to outside the house, to make room for something else shortly after taking these pics.

Bonus pictures:
    iM3gmUJ.jpg
    All ready to go and learn.

XNEJzt9.jpg
    As its often implied shes more of a singer than an instrument player, she has a karaoke machine to practice with

The Wrightley Family

The Oresha-Hoh-Var Fraternity was founded by Guy Wrightley's great-grandfather decades ago. Will Guy maintain his family's strong academic history or allow jock life to be too much of a distraction?

Download the Wrightley family here

97LSBUv.jpg
    wW2ettQ.jpg
    Guy is a great student, a good friend, and generally successful at all his endeavors. Can anything knock him off his even keel?

Guy is pretty much the powerhouse student of LFT. A good guy all around with no real faults, he even tries to get Mickey off the couch and involved with the fraternity activities as well as studying. He is the same age as Mickey, but since Mickey slipped behind in the second semester and has to repeat it, he'll graduate before him. Thus, Guy has an additional trait slot, as he reached his second school year.

This version of him is noticabley more well-off than almost all the other students, and he starts off as a Paper Boy for the Journalism career, due to his Literature major in 2. That career is one I usually forget about, especially since in Sims 2 it was an expansion pack career.

65MHOjb.jpg
    yTL36Dy.jpg
    As a high level jock, he has a bonfire pit out back that he'll likely invite the other LFT jocks to.

Y1c3Ouh.jpg
    LJDLYD5.jpg
    A more upscale version of DJ and Ajay's home, with a lot of school pride. His fraternity was founded by his great-grandfather afterall.

edited May 2022
    The Vonderstein Family

Klara came a long way from another country to enroll in the local university, and her initial excitement has already faded from the strangeness of her fellow Strangetown residents. Can she get over the culture shock and learn to adjust to her new setting?

Download the Vonderstein family here

qNazkPp.jpg
    WJb1Nw9.jpg
    Though Klara was at first excited about studying abroad, she finds Fiesta a bit provincial and her fellow students strange. She's not interested in spending time with anyone, really, and is working to overcome an espresso addiction.

Klara sticks out like a sore thumb in LFT, second only to the alien student. Clearly a rich German transfer student, Klara is entirely out of her element, now being in a small desert town where strange things happen. Of course, her clashing with everything around her, is just another way to say shes a strange resident that fits right in. For some reason, she starts off with quite the beef with William Williamson, odd, as they are both workaholic all-study-no-play types.

Her political science major in 2 is a natural reason to start her off in the Politics career; Honest Jackson may have trouble keeping his job as town Mayor with her in the running.

Naturally, her very unique appearance was very difficult to portray, but I think I've done a good job at making her stand out just like the original.

VKv5syj.jpg
    xy8EYmV.jpg
    An open yard, exposed to the strange residents of Strangetown? Surely not! Klara has used her riches to fence off her area and give herself some privacy, as well as a yard to impress PT9...if he was ever allowed in to see it.

DlaLCRZ.jpg
    gbUejHO.jpg
    She didn't spare any expenses to make the home worthy of her. As it may be some time before she travels back to her home country, she might as well get comfortable, and a dinky starter home just wouldn't do it for someone of her caliber.

Bonus pictures:
    MuK3QLx.jpg
    One of Klara's favourite pasttimes; chilling in her room with a good book, in her dedicated reading chair

OJMJ0fg.jpg
    Her other favourite pasttime; napping in the evening, with some Nectar. Maybe one day she'll have friends to invite over.

That is all of the playable students accounted for! Next up, expect Bella Goth's Strangetown incarnation. PSP content from earlier in the timeline, so it matches the PC era, and a couple of townies and NPCs. Maybe some of the PS2 content as well. But first, i'll take a break :p