Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Karyn7475Karyn7475 Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm really excited to try my first challenge as I mostly play the game to build. Thanks for doing this! :)
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare Can we add an external structure, not attached to the shell, or no?

Yes you can.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #160 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rippling Flats in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: BnS 160-Spring Has Sprung
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $171,964.00
    TOTAL COST: 174,964.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Spring Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to go with a modern design for this challenge (All the random corners on the shell nearly did me in on this one :s ). The home is designed for a couple who like to host parties. The house has a large open concept living and kitchen area, a gym, office, two spare bedrooms (each with an attached bathroom and deck), and many different outdoor areas to relax and enjoy all the activities placed throughout the property. I have added many decks and a few columns to the structure of this house. There is even a rooftop grilling and party deck. I have used pastel colors to decorate the interior of the house because they make me think of spring. Nearly every room in the house has green incorporated into it in some way.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: The dumbbell rack in the gym is made by ionathegamer
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    CV7En6R.png
    9zqinJe.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #159 - Little Green Men
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Khree29Khree29 Posts: 53 Member
    FORUM ID: Khree29
    ORIGIN ID: Khree29
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Windom Downs
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/en-ca/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0CF16EEBC10711EC84B97E0C7F7F7A61?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Khree29&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $135,951.00
    TOTAL COST: 138,951.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/0lLGdnI
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome to the home of Mrs. Clementine Kirby. She's a globe trotting blogger. The first thing she did was buy a house to hold all her souvenirs. This two story home boasts an eclectic style, a mix of modern and tropical. Just like Mrs. Kirby. It has 3 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 3 balconies, a garage and pool. Also the color green. Lots of green!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    cWvugBj.png
    7BUkuGb.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited August 2022
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #160
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: `La Coppia Serena in Tartosa
    NEW LOT LINK: `Serena Spring
    LOT COST: $ 6000
    GALLERY COST: $ 164,778
    TOTAL COST: $ 170,778
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Facebook album
    ENTRY DETAILS: For my Spring Designer Showdown Creation, I chose to go with what I know best. A country style home. I chose to build in Tartosa, on the 'La Coppa Serena lot. I have fallen in love with " My Wedding Stories " New world. In looking at the shell - I thought it a challenge to keep the floor plan. The fact that there was a cost cap did not even deter my creativity. ( I used debug for the landscaping and other objects came from there too ) I accomplished all I wanted with this build. I took the suggestion of using Green in 2 rooms, to a new high by using green as a style statement in more than several rooms, and used the colour in bedding , window treatments , furniture styles & flooring.. I enjoyed working on this Challenge. Art was used from the gallery #Juwels64, #ThePlumBobSims & #SimSationalToo .
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art was used from the gallery #Juwels64, #ThePlumBobSims & #SimSationalToo .
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

278911638_3261095540777181_5624387654155275280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=rowOYAfoOrAAX-fMpWd&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT_7lrozUJrJNhAqUyytW0fGk1RNsczyL0RqnRNvoMvBDA&oe=63051E7E

278778238_3261235800763155_4671366917260825540_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=yigISn_nVAkAX_yTLeG&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=00_AT9_QWHbxUHirNsm412f6tBwUkHelkzNOLY8wN8vD4AMDA&oe=6304C0B1

( Pictures seemed to not show up, so I re-submitted them..)

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    FORUM ID: iampes23
    ORIGIN ID: iampes23
    LEVEL: Established
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Luxury Family Abode https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/723E3007B92411EC85BD7A088609793C
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $139,790
    TOTAL COST: $141,790
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/zfAtx2C
    ENTRY DETAILS: I turned the shell to the side to create a single car garage. The theme is clean and modern, with hints of spring in nearly every room. It is a luxury home for a large family, with four bedrooms and three full baths. Moms will be delighted with an upstairs laundry room! The downstairs is spacious with an open floor plan. Outside, grassy areas mix with play areas and gardens. What will be your favorite nook?
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 9ZkQsxd.png
    b25npij.png

• KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F61CD4EBC04311EC8EEE9350E70D1D67?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $ 12000
    GALLERY COST: $ 161801
    TOTAL COST: $ 173,801
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/62gfMFp
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lovely Regency era English Country manor is what I came up with for this shell challenge. There is the modest Manor, turned historical museum, for people to come explore the times of the past. People can come explore the old home, the grounds, and even hold events on this beautiful country lot.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC Gallery Artwork from #Kiransims #NakoSama1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    MnSiHO6.png
    dCAfQuk.png
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2022
    CHALLENGE #BNS160 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise in Brindleton Bay 40x40
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/96A22321C73011EC887E11B6BA1E3DE3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4.000
    GALLERY COST: $170.921
    TOTAL COST: $174.921
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/F8lP4wh
    ENTRY DETAILS: I thought it was a big enough shell to make 4 bedrooms and even fit pets here. And this plot is one of my favorites. :) The fruit trees are blooming here (in real life), I wanted to show this atmosphere this lot.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    PICTURES:
    FrLpWJL.png
    mPQMviG.png
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    FORUM ID: MaryKup
    ORIGIN ID: Marykup
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Garden Essence
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/54744F58C8B611EC82E49350E70D1D67?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 164425

LINK TO ENTRY https://imgur.com/a/wAM6OBK
    I decided to go kind of Victorian with this build. It has 3 Bedrooms, 3 ½ baths, a formal living room/dining room. Office, laundry room music/study area, also a lovely kitchen and office. Yard is landscaped and very kid friendly.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Thanks for xXSarina-27xX for the artwork.
    FORUM ID: Samiam7475
    ORIGIN ID: Karyn7475
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor, Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: $6500.00
    GALLERY COST: $127,402.00
    TOTAL COST: 133,902.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: htt ps://imgur.com/gallery/XPPMqZA
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my version of a Californian Farmhouse. A three bedroom, two bathroom stunner with a beautifully landscaped yard for all your sims summer fun.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Peacemaker for "The Looker" windows, main floor shower and throw pillows, AnYe for picture above tub, Simplistic for wallpaper in tv room and workout room, wide plank farmhouse siding by me.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    5nd1sli.png
    3gHHX7s.png

BNS #160 Spring Designer Showdown is now closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HU7XCJT.jpg

Your newest client is the most unusual yet. From head to toe, he is dressed as if he stepped from the pages of a history book. His outfit would have been the height of fashion 80 to 150 years ago The jacket, shirt, tie, pants and shoes look new and well-made, not old. This is clearly not a costume.
    You show no surprise, though you are curious. “Hello, sir. How can I help you?”
    “The name’s Wells, Herbert George Wells. I was testing my new time machine and found myself stranded here,” he says.
    “Oh! Then the time machine is real?” you blurt out.
    He gives you an affronted look. “Of course it is. Now then, it will take me some time to fix the machine and get home. In the meantime, I need a house. One that reminds me of my own time. I have made the acquaintance of a lovely young woman who calls herself a student of history. In the event I choose to remain here, we will require extra bedrooms for a family. A minimum of three in total.”
    You listen closely, though you are still not convinced this isn’t some elaborate prank or the result of some mental illness which has made your client believe he is in fact H.G. Wells. For now, you’ll treat him like any other client. “I would like to help you. Do you have a budget?”
    To your surprise, Wells nods. “My… girlfriend… has offered to fund this project. We have $186,600 available, will that be enough?”
    “More than enough. You want a faithful recreation of a home from your time period?”
    “Yes. Oh, I have no objection to modern technology, and naturally, electricity and plumbing are a must.”
    “Naturally,” You agree. “Do you have a color preference?”
    “I prefer to avoid pastels, but otherwise, I will leave the choice of appropriate colors in your hands.”
    “Thank you for your trust. The house will be ready in a month. Ah, one other thing, how can I contact you?”
    “Do not concern yourself, I will come to you in one month’s time.”

The brief:
    Budget; 186,600.
    Build a house in a style that would have been popular at any point in H.G. Wells’ lifetime.
    Decorate the interior as closely as you can to what would have been period-appropriate. Mr. Wells will forgive any necessary upgrades, such as modern kitchen appliances.
    The house must have at least three bedrooms and one bath.
    Landscaping should match the style of the house.
    Include any additional rooms or spaces you fill will fit and which the budget allows.
    Lot size: 30x20 or larger.

Room challenge: Create H.G. Wells’s living room Budget: 15,000

Sim Challenge: Create H.G Wells, including traits, aspiration, likes and dislikes. Be sure to show us all of his outfits. It’s up to you if you stays true to the past or choses to embrace present day styles.

Remember to include the entirely of the hashtag #bns161 or your entries will not be judged! The deadline for this challenge is Tuesday, May 30th, no later than 23:59:59 EST/New York time.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #159 - Little Green Men

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Don't know if I'll enter the new challenge but WOW! Love the idea and the ability for everyone to enter depending on if they like to create homes, rooms or characters! Thanks so much.
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #161
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - Blast From the Past
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F61CD4EBC04311EC8EEE9350E70D1D67?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $ 3000
    GALLERY COST: $ 177,871
    TOTAL COST: $ 180,871
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cVdiSwW
    ENTRY DETAILS: This Edwardian inspired home is ready for HG Wells to come live in. Although it has electricity and modern plumbing, most of the home is true to the Edwardian period. Hints of steam punk and sci-fi art is scattered throughout the home in honor of HG Wells. This home has 4 normal beds, and 1 servant quarters. There are 3.5 baths for the family, and one for the servants as well. Lucious gardens surround the home.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC Gallery Artwork from #Kiransims #NakoSama1

BeHBdBM.png
    ZsaeP61.png
    Was just wondering when we will get the Established results for Home for Winterfest, #156, as it has been 4 months since that one was submitted?
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Was just wondering when we will get the Established results for Home for Winterfest, #156, as it has been 4 months since that one was submitted?

Was just wondering this myself. :smile:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #161 – Blast from the Past

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Midtown Meadows

NEW LOT LINK: Wells Manor (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/15D30450D2C711EC88B97E0C7F7F7A61)

LOT COST: § 3,000

GALLERY COST: § 179,765 [NOTE: somehow, the cost was higher when I was in play mode but lower when I uploaded the build to the Gallery in free build mode]

TOTAL COST: § 182,765

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/684147423726190592/wells-manor

ENTRY DETAILS:

For the exterior, I went for a British Queen Anne Revival style which was popular in the UK during the Victorian era.

For the interiors, I decorated the house in a formal and ornate way to reflect the tastes in the Victorian era.

Key features include 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a library, an art studio and a greenhouse. There is also a secret lab for Wells to work on his time machine!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

381dc280dcd963bff999173e0fb03e50609a7223.jpg

3e39481bf475ce3db891a2b3d979524cb35cbfc2.jpg
    CHALLENGE #161 - A Blast From The Past
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: The Magnolia
    LOT COST: $4000.00
    GALLERY COST: $176,335.00
    TOTAL COST: $180,335.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Blast From The Past
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to build HG a Colonial styled home made to look like it belongs in the English countryside from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. I found a house plan called "The Magnolia" that was straight out of the Sears catalog and used that as my inspiration for this build. There is a formal living and dining room, a den, sunroom, drawing room, and kitchen. There is a large primary bedroom and two spare bedrooms, all with attached decks. The third floor is the butlers living quarters. The landscaping is formal with many flowers and hedges, made to look like an English garden. There are fountains, a gazebo, fishing pond as well as a tennis court for good looks. The home has all the amenities that the modern day time has to offer but I have designed it to be fully functional off the grid if HG prefers.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All NOCC artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EJgihiK.png
    eugiT8z.png
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #161 -Blast from the Past
    ORIGIN ID:AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    HOUSEHOLD: Time Travel Buddies
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW The Wells Household
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided HG needed a couple of friends. First his partner in crime, Thomas Butler. He is HG's best friend and butler. Second I added his modern day girlfriend, Catherine Robbins. Herbert George Wells is a genius who is proper and loves books. His life aspiration is to have a nerd brain and he is a quick learner as well. Thomas Butler is a young adult who likes to keep things clean, loves food, and is proper. His lifetime aspiration is to be a master chef. Catherine Robbins loves history. Her life aspiration is to become an archeology scholar and she is a quick learner. She is a romantic at heart, loves books, and is an overall good person.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3pagL9T.png
    @BuildnShare I have a question about the room call. Should the living room be the same room we used for the lot challenge in the building? I’m done, but my living room will cost 24,000, so I would have to remodel it if I want to take part in the room challenge as well.

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2022
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #161 **BLAST FROM THE PAST**
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Proprietors Square
    NEW LOT LINK: Back in Time
    LOT COST: $ 2,000
    GALLERY COST: $ 182,212
    TOTAL COST: $ 184,212
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Album
    ENTRY DETAILS: It has been 3 weeks since the home has been finished & moved into. We chose Windenburg . It was more than fitting , the neighborhood has access to a library, a cafe, & a nice park all with in walking distance. The architecture of the home is reminiscent of H.G. Wells time.. This partial Timber Framed home has 3 + bedrooms & 3 bathrooms. There is a period-appropriate Kitchen with modern convinces modestly added. There is an office ( laboratory ) for Wells . A Formal living room ( smoking room ) & dining room. The time Machine sits in the glass roofed attached green house, being worked on . The home is on the Proprietor's Square 30x20 lot. It is reminiscent to the Home in " The Time Machine" Book, & Movie from the 1960's. That home was in Richmond, a borough on the Thames River, on the outskirts of London. Similar to this neighborhood in Windenburg. It Looks lived in with all the objects & books Wells had brought with him from his own time, and objects he has collected from traveling.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Art by Ninnster in the Gallery
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

280984839_3279922808894454_4901793928893087891_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=rd_saSbiytoAX9nOxPl&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT9s-vlDq02jwz9TYwTYZ_zSBo7iYt47bN7KOqL6IjxEyw&oe=632E70BA
    281166245_3279845142235554_3456885681351606206_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=saLIvra7UuQAX-vB6AK&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=00_AT-4IfBWfmJG99IRRfblM0elwkXfKfSkFofRLfbLm1Qqww&oe=632ED256

Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
    CHALLENGE #BNS161 - Blast from the Past
    FORUM ID: Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmilia
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Municipal Muses in Willow Creek 40x30
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CF3106BAD51111EC8ECB98FA96677A6B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Jazmilia&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $4.000
    GALLERY COST: $182.591
    TOTAL COST: $186.591
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NR3GrhY
    ENTRY DETAILS: It’s a home reminiscent of Victorian times, but in a modern version, mixed with a little industrial and steampunk style. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms + two separate toilets. It has a large kitchen and a huge living room. One half of the double greenhouse is Catherine’s, the other is Wells ’laboratory, and there’s the almost finished time machine. (I recently built a greenhouse for a collaborative lot, and I’m glad I was able to use it here as well. :) )

PICTURES:
    Qd1SAJp.png
    NUQaGJ1.png

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Jazmi1396 wrote: »
    @BuildnShare I have a question about the room call. Should the living room be the same room we used for the lot challenge in the building? I’m done, but my living room will cost 24,000, so I would have to remodel it if I want to take part in the room challenge as well.

Yes it should.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top