Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first lot upload

DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
edited May 2022 in The Sims 4 Lots
I took the plunge and for the first time ever shared one of my creations. You may have seen this already in the 'Show Me Your Willow Creek' thread, if not here is my take on the original Garden Essence. I gave it a New Orleans flair and the interior layout is inspired by one I found on Pinterest of a real world two-story shotgun house. It has been thoroughly play tested and I think I have it cleaned up. If you find any issues please let me know and I will do everything I possibly can to make it right and then re-upload it. When you look for it in the gallery it won't show up as nicely as it does here. Since the camera is locked to the original placement of the house more in the center of the lot instead of where I have it now, you only see a small portion of it on the exterior shot. Sorry for that, especially if there is a workaround available that I didn't know about that could have showcased the exterior better. Here we go.

oVf4dlZ.png?1
BRrdh2T.png?1
cHQ1QCD.png?1

1st Floor
JnDXvqJ.png
3DVkSxV.png?1
mwyYaQ6.png?1
USvIKV5.png?1

2nd Floor
h4fbTDD.png?1
CZGIaVc.png?1
SYCtyqL.png?1
MplRQ0a.png
MsXvKVX.png?1
Eb9h93T.png?1

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited May 2022
    Your home is lovely! :) Very great shotgun style exterior design, very nice color and the balcony is very nice. The pool, loungers and outdoors dining patio is very nice and great gardening and waterslide area. The interior furnishings and open plan layout are lovely! Very nice blue color. Lovely sofa and armchair sitting area to enjoy watching tv. The bedroom designs are very nice. The computer study desk area is great in both bedrooms.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @rosemow Thank you! I'm glad you like it. This being the first one I really showed off I was nervous but excited too. I had a lot of fun with this one, and I definitely have the desire now to do more. It's taken a while to finally get where I feel like I have enough skill to start sharing the lots and sims I create.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,034 Member
    It is a truly spectacularly well done build, you should be proud! I've been looking forward to seeing the end result and it is really beautiful. They say imitation is the best praise, and as I had no room for your house at Garden Essence I took the liberty of shrinking the place to fit the Rindle Rose lot instead (it took quite a bit of shrinking, it's a big house and Rindle Rose is a small lot! LOL).

Maybe in a future version of Willow Creek I'll be able to use your house as is.

This is what your house looks like in a miniature version:
    05-01-22_9-34-43%C2%A0PM.png
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    @JAL I love it! You did a beautiful job making fit your circumstances. I think it would work on Bargain Bend if you turn it 90 degrees and have it face away from the neighbors. It's an odd orientation but it works. Just two doors down on Riverside Roost(I think that's the name) is possibly the best spot for it. Plus it makes it more fitting with the style and the how it would be in real life. The neighborhoods I used as inspiration for it don't have huge yards, if any yard to speak of at all. That's why I put that bit about taking liberties in the description.😎 The way you have it there is absolutely NOLA personified.

If I had not found that floor plan that I used to lay out the interior my version would have been downsized too. That floor plan gave me inspiration on how to fix the big dead space I had on the 2nd floor. I took what was going to be an even smaller bath and a nook for the washer/dryer and expanded into that laundry room and opened up the bathroom a bit. Plus adding the built in closets took up some more space. It just didn't look right with the bedrooms being any bigger than they are right now, which I really fell in love with. Room to move and decorate without getting crowded.

Thanks again for the kind words! Enjoy!