Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Homewood: a modernist country home from 1938

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
The Homewood is a modernist house designed and built by Patrick Gwynne (age 24) for his parents in 1938. His influences were Le Corbusier and Mies van der Rohe. I became obsessed with it after I saw it featured in a couple tv dramas. I've recreated it so that I can see what it looks like in real life as opposed to a few 2d images. And of course I've had to take liberties with the design since the build engine doesn't allow for curved walls, custom made cabinets, chairs, tables etc.. The real sleeping wing had 4!!! tiny en-suite guest rooms and a master bedroom, I had to reduce it to 2 guest rooms for playability. I also had to leave out the curved wall shared dressing room and makeup table for the guests, as well as so many exquisite details.

I'll tidy up the landscaping (I'm really bad at that) and post it on the gallery soon.

Approach to the front entrance (ground floor covered area with glass bricks)
lMbWb1P.jpg?1

aUjoGyH.png?2

The bedroom wing and front of house
MoCZx71.png?1

XhF14U5.png?2

Around the corner to the side of house (bedroom wing on right, windows of living room on left)
RUgoyhK.jpg?1

94JrNEy.png

Around the corner again to the far end of house with balcony off the dining room and pool below
r3uOyQp.jpg?1

A9pREOm.png?2

View from entry staircase into living room
bxZyHjx.png?1

412V2Ap.png?1

View from other end of living room
bYe7beV.png

RT4FHRW.png?1

Floor plans
MqShxJ8.jpg?1

zsj0b4G.png?1

Comments