Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the cheat sheet! :)

Some of the households were fairly easy fits, but I appreciate the help with the others.

I wasn't sure what to do about the living arrangements of the boyfriends/fiances, such as Peter Florentino and Gideon Latham. There are children in the Bianchi and Lavigne families, and both Liliana Bianchi and Cherie Lavigne are surrounded by men who would be watching every move Peter and Gideon made.

I think you meant Phillip and Gideon? Peter's a good guy. He's just been unlucky in love until he met Liliana. Gideon and Phillip, on the other hand, aren't the best guys.

It doesn't translate in the Gallery but none of the Galanis family like Phillip after what he did to Thalia. In the actual save, their relationship with him are -100. They're very protective of Thalia. So you're very right about the men in the family watching his every move.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 I might have been confused. Still, do you have Peter living in the house with the Bianchis already? That's what I wasn't sure about.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited March 2022
    SweetieWright_84 I might have been confused. Still, do you have Peter living in the house with the Bianchis already? That's what I wasn't sure about.

No, he lives on the Via Romanza lot. The lot at the very top right of the map.

Here is what Liliana's bio says in the save (for anyone who's interested):

Liliana had been married before but that marriage ended badly, forcing her to relocate to Tartosa with her kids. Fast forward a few years, and she's dating Peter Florentino. He's everything her ex-husband wasn't. The kids love him, and he loves them. Lilaina is thinking of asking him to move in with her.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Duh, I see that now. I swear, it's been a long week already!

Thanks for sharing Liliana's bio. Now things make a lot more sense!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    Duh, I see that now. I swear, it's been a long week already!

Thanks for sharing Liliana's bio. Now things make a lot more sense!

You're welcome. There wasn't a lot of room to write both bios.

Also, when I shared the households, I had intended them to live together but then I decided it made more sense for them to live separately for now. I thought it added a bit more to Liliana's character for her household to have more of a backstory. I would imagine she would be a little apprehensive about a serious relationship after having been married before. The ex-husband doesn't exist in this world though. He doesn't exist at all, which helps Liliana's reason for moving to Tartosa in the first place.

It's in the newly updated save but I couldn't fit everything I wanted to say for both Peter and Liliana in one description. I really wish we had a bigger character limit for household descriptions.
  • KouturierKouturier Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MrsSteepdene said:
    > There is a blank version which has no Sims included, so you could easily add the one's you want back into this save.

And...how would I do that when I don't have all of the sims? I wanted all of the sims that was in the game like when you start a new save. I don't have any of the sims.
    edited March 2022
    @Kouturier wrote: »
    > MrsSteepdene said:
    > There is a blank version which has no Sims included, so you could easily add the one's you want back into this save.

And...how would I do that when I don't have all of the sims? I wanted all of the sims that was in the game like when you start a new save. I don't have any of the sims.

If you have the premades saved in your Library, you can download the populated version. You can then add them to the save file.

I chose not to put the premades in these saves because I wanted to challenge myself with recreating everything from scratch. There are some of the premades still in the game, mostly the ones that have special roles.
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2022
    Kouturier wrote: »
    > @MrsSteepdene said:

If you search for the creator Maxis on the Gallery, I believe they have most, if not all, of the pre made's available for download. Hope this helps.

Edit: My apologies, just checked the creator again, and realised they don't have the pre made families, sorry.
    edited March 2022
    Kouturier wrote: »
    > @MrsSteepdene said:

If you search for the creator Maxis on the Gallery, I believe they have most, if not all, of the pre made's available for download. Hope this helps.

Edit: My apologies, just checked the creator again, and realised they don't have the pre made families, sorry.

Most of the ones on the Maxis Gallery are trailer sims and remakes of the old games. There are a couple updated versions of the Goth family, and the Pancakes.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • _Manou1996__Manou1996_ Posts: 5 New Member
    I used the populated save since Snow Escape i think . But now i have the idea to use the unpopulated too with only occult sims. The only thing is if i will use the scenario's to have a storyline or not. But i was also thinking to use The Villareal's and the goth's maybe more to populate the worlds.
    I used the populated save since Snow Escape i think . But now i have the idea to use the unpopulated too with only occult sims. The only thing is if i will use the scenario's to have a storyline or not. But i was also thinking to use The Villareal's and the goth's maybe more to populate the worlds.

That's the good thing about the unpopulated save, it allows you to put any sims in it that you choose.
  • iFluxiFlux Posts: 12 New Member
    Do you plan on adding wedding venues to every other world? Also, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how you stick with the theme of the neighborhood that surrounds each lot. I can't tell you how many saves I've had to replace lots on because the lot stands out too much from the neighborhood.
    @iFlux wrote: »
    Do you plan on adding wedding venues to every other world? Also, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how you stick with the theme of the neighborhood that surrounds each lot. I can't tell you how many saves I've had to replace lots on because the lot stands out too much from the neighborhood.

I actually hadn't really thought of adding wedding venues to other worlds. There are other places to get married in other worlds but they don't have the wedding venue lot type. Brindleton Bay has a wedding venue though. I'll definitely consider it.

I try really hard to have a cohesive look for each world. Even if that means I have to build, bulldoze, start over multiple times. I'm glad you appreciate it. :)
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > I actually hadn't really thought of adding wedding venues to other worlds. There are other places to get married in other worlds but they don't have the wedding venue lot type. Brindleton Bay has a wedding venue though. I'll definitely consider it.
    >
    > I try really hard to have a cohesive look for each world. Even if that means I have to build, bulldoze, start over multiple times. I'm glad you appreciate it. :)

Of-course! I honestly am looking forward to seeing the future of this save. It's so hard to find builds that match the neighborhoods' aesthetic. I will admit I did change a couple of lots to fit my own idea of what should go there.

But yeah, I do enjoy it.

Also, there are places that would fit as wedding venues that I changed them to, located in...
    Brindleton Bay: Brindleton Barn. I added some elements of Cult of the Cowplant from Lumpinou's Rambunctious Religions tho.
    Sulani: Sand Simoleon Beach (I changed it up a little, though).

I also personally added a spot where one could have a reception into the basement of Oasis Springs' community center and replaced the swimming pool with Maxis' wedding venue and added elements from Lumpinou's Rambunctious Religions & Maxis' Romantic Garden Stuff pack.
    I also renamed the barn to Hippy Hayseed haha. Since it's for the Cult of the Cowplant and weddings afterall.
    OH! Also made one the Selvadorian lots a spot for the _ from Basemental's Gangs & Drugs mod lolol. Sumiye Endo also became a Simkuza leader. Love how that happened!
    @iFlux, I'm glad you like the save. I have been thinking about what I actually wanted to do on the beach lots in Sulani. So giving suggestions is always welcome!
  • SpectraDevilSpectraDevil Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello! I've exclusively been using your world now for a couple of years now and I cant express how much I have enjoyed it or how grateful I am for you sharing this masterpiece. In that time I have learned a lot (all things sims world related) from you. Throughout my experiences I have been collecting ideas and taking mental notes to improve my own creations. Those have turned into inspiration. Thanks to observing your buildings closely, I would say I'm an okay builder and taking from things I noticed I would say my sims are more believable now. They're not all perfect and they come in all different shapes and sizes, personalities and cultures.

So now, I want to take on the ultimate challenge just like you once did and have a crack at making my own sims world. Before I do that I wanted to take up some of your time if I can to ask if you have any advice on how to go about creating one and how/where I should start with it? The thing I would like to know most though is the process of how you come up with all those sims stories, since that is what I think I would struggle with most.
    @SpectraDevil, first of all, thank you so much for your very nice comment. I'm glad you enjoy the save file.

As far as advice for where to start with your save, I don't know how much help I can really give. But I will try my best.

The first thing I do, before I ever build the first wall or make the first sim, is plan out what I want the world to be. I take a screenshot of the world, then edit it in paint. I number each lot and then decide which lots I want to be residential and which ones I want to be community lots. From there, I decide which community lots I want in each world.

I pay close attention the architectural style of each world, and try to build lots in that style. If you don’t care as much about having a cohesive world, you really don't have to do that. It's honestly personal preference.

As for Sims, I usually make stories centering around the pack the world comes with. For example, the most recent pack, My Wedding Stories, I considered all of the stories that could center around weddings, the good, the bad, and the dramatic. From there, I write out the household descriptions on paper. That's when I decide how many sims there will be in a household, and what lifestages they'll be. This also helps me decide how many bedrooms each house will need.

As for stories, I draw inspiration from just about everything, challenges, tv shows, movies, etc.

Then I begin building. This is the part where I usually have the most fun. Building is one of my favorite things to do in this game.

So, my advice would be pick one world. Don't worry about any other world but that one. For example, start planning out Willow Creek. Decide where you want community lots and residential lots. Decide whether you want to keep the premades or delete them all. Then go from there. The key is don't overthink it. Yes, I know that's really hard to do. I'm the queen of overthinking and second-guessing. But it's really about having fun. I wouldn't be doing these saves if I didn't like doing it.

Just take it one lot and one household at a time. If you don't feel like building one day, make sims. It will come together in the end.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

> @SpectraDevil, first of all, thank you so much for your very nice comment. I'm glad you enjoy the save file.
    >
    > As far as advice for where to start with your save, I don't know how much help I can really give. But I will try my best.
    >
    > The first thing I do, before I ever build the first wall or make the first sim, is plan out what I want the world to be. I take a screenshot of the world, then edit it in paint. I number each lot and then decide which lots I want to be residential and which ones I want to be community lots. From there, I decide which community lots I want in each world.
    >
    > I pay close attention the architectural style of each world, and try to build lots in that style. If you don’t care as much about having a cohesive world, you really don't have to do that. It's honestly personal preference.
    >
    > As for Sims, I usually make stories centering around the pack the world comes with. For example, the most recent pack, My Wedding Stories, I considered all of the stories that could center around weddings, the good, the bad, and the dramatic. From there, I write out the household descriptions on paper. That's when I decide how many sims there will be in a household, and what lifestages they'll be. This also helps me decide how many bedrooms each house will need.
    >
    > As for stories, I draw inspiration from just about everything, challenges, tv shows, movies, etc.
    >
    > Then I begin building. This is the part where I usually have the most fun. Building is one of my favorite things to do in this game.
    >
    > So, my advice would be pick one world. Don't worry about any other world but that one. For example, start planning out Willow Creek. Decide where you want community lots and residential lots. Decide whether you want to keep the premades or delete them all. Then go from there. The key is don't overthink it. Yes, I know that's really hard to do. I'm the queen of overthinking and second-guessing. But it's really about having fun. I wouldn't be doing these saves if I didn't like doing it.
    >
    > Just take it one lot and one household at a time. If you don't feel like building one day, make sims. It will come together in the end.
    >
    > I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Huh, Thank you! That was super insightful. Im glad I asked.

That'S interesting! When I thought about it I thought to do the building first so I could make a family to best fit the space, so im interested to hear what your reasoning is to make the sims first.

Yes, I have come to learn of that concept where you build from using your surroundings, even if it feels like it constrains your creativity a bit. ..Or counter-intuitive when tiles don't match or paths don't connect to the lot properly ..EA!! :neutral: Exuse my small rant. But yes, it does make for the best results.

Thank you so much! Hearing that is so incredibly helpful!! Finally! A foundation I can work from. Ive heard that same line ("I draw inspiration from just about everything, challenges, tv shows, movies, etc.") many times for various story projects, and while it may be true, its not always helpful for the other person when they are trying to do the same for themselves. So for your first paragraph about sims stories comes as a breath of fresh air. Great info. Huge, thank you!

Yes, all of that makes sence. I dont think there's a single person that doesn't have problems with over thinking haha :smile: I also have a hard time trying not to over clutter ive been recently trying to limit my self to 5 clutter items per room, 7 if it's a particularly large room. I agree, building is like the best thing in sims 4. It keeps me coming back.

One thing I thought about that I would like to understand is how do you assign careers and relationships, clubs, ect between different households without family trees sometimes breaking or having too much game time passing by?

Thank you for being such a useful mentor, and taking the time to answer my questions, highly appreciated!!
    One thing I thought about that I would like to understand is how do you assign careers and relationships, clubs, ect between different households without family trees sometimes breaking or having too much game time passing by?

Thank you for being such a useful mentor, and taking the time to answer my questions, highly appreciated!!

You're very welcome. If you need to know anything else, just ask. I can't always promise to know the answer but I can help you to the best of my ability.

I really suggest you have a build save not connected to your save that you're working on. I do this mainly for renovating houses already placed in the save.

As for the careers, relationships, etc., I make great use of the pause button and cheats. There isn't a way to stop time from progressing, so you have to be really fast.

When it comes to assigning careers, I do this in an empty save. This helps the passing of time in your save not go as fast. That's where I also cheat the skills. The relationships don't carry over from the Library so I do this in the actual save.

If you're not opposed to mods, MCCC and UI Cheats extension mods are very helpful.

I do need to clarify, I build all the lots before I place my sims in the save. Even if I make all the sims I keep them in a my Library until everything is set up.

Also, another thing I thought of is I keep a log of all the lot names and the residents that live in the lots. I do this in case I need to start over.

When saving your lots and households to your Library, I also suggest using a hash tag for the world, neighborhood, and something indicating your save. For example, your sim lives in Foundry Cove in Willow Creek, I would use # WillowCreek # FoundryCove # savefile (without the spaces) in the description. It makes it so much easier to find everything to place them down.

Once again, if you need anything else, let me know.
    Hello again, hope everything is well.

I did think about making a separate save just for sims; however I wasn't to sure how well it would work out, since again, family trees and relationships are temperamental and break easy. The game doesn't seem to save those connections with sims out side of said household when transferring them with the Gallary.

As it happens I use both those mods and T.o.o.l of course I haven't messed with them in depth, but seems like I should bush up on them and the available sims cheats more. Incase you were unaware you can use MCCC to always start lots paused. I tend to minimize mod usage as much as possible though. except for my gameplay because sims shenanigans can be a frustrating mess, also I find sims 4 lacking in that department, even with every single pack/kit installed.

Ah, all good insights I would never have thought of. I mean, sure, I use hashtags to organize my gallery, but not with that level of detail. I'll keep all of that in mind for sure. Thanks :)

Sure, i've run out of questions for now, but thanks a million for that offer. I'll be sure to be back if I run into anything else. of course I dont expect to know everything but you certainly have a lot of experience with this, so if you cant answer a question don't worry il take it as non-important.

P. S Small request can we get another Nightclub up in the save file. I was going through the worlds and noticed there's a LOT of Restrants and we have like 1 Nightclub in San Mysuno haha. Nothing major, just something to think about.
    edited April 2022
    Hello again, hope everything is well.

I did think about making a separate save just for sims; however I wasn't to sure how well it would work out, since again, family trees and relationships are temperamental and break easy. The game doesn't seem to save those connections with sims out side of said household when transferring them with the Gallary.

As it happens I use both those mods and T.o.o.l of course I haven't messed with them in depth, but seems like I should bush up on them and the available sims cheats more. Incase you were unaware you can use MCCC to always start lots paused. I tend to minimize mod usage as much as possible though. except for my gameplay because sims shenanigans can be a frustrating mess, also I find sims 4 lacking in that department, even with every single pack/kit installed.

Ah, all good insights I would never have thought of. I mean, sure, I use hashtags to organize my gallery, but not with that level of detail. I'll keep all of that in mind for sure. Thanks :)

Sure, i've run out of questions for now, but thanks a million for that offer. I'll be sure to be back if I run into anything else. of course I dont expect to know everything but you certainly have a lot of experience with this, so if you cant answer a question don't worry il take it as non-important.

P. S Small request can we get another Nightclub up in the save file. I was going through the worlds and noticed there's a LOT of Restrants and we have like 1 Nightclub in San Mysuno haha. Nothing major, just something to think about.

When I make extended families, I just keep them in the same household until I move them into the save. MCCC can also help with that as well.

Speaking of mods, I know you can pause on zone with MCCC but when updating/making my save to share, I don't use mods. In my personal game, I do.

As for the nightclubs, I do agree I did skimp on them. Mainly because I didn't use them a lot in my own gameplay, I still don't use them a ton now. I will take it into consideration. I have found that I do use the one San Myshuno more for my single sims than before.

Anyway, I'm glad I could help. I can't wait to see how your save turns out.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    > Speaking of mods, I know you can pause on zone with MCCC but when updating/making my save to share, I don't use mods. In my personal game, I do.

I thought I remembered reading somthing like that. Thats why I asked in the first place. I was suprised you suggested to use them. I was struggling to imagine how you made that possible.

Oh, wow! I never even thought about that but yeah to share it with you that would a great reward. I dont think it would be done for some time however. Theres like 20 worlds and well over 100 lots as you know + sims.

Hmm, thats got me thinking. Just out of curosuty when did you start yours, and how long did it take to catch up with the latest expasion at the time?
    @SpectraDevil, I worked on mine for probably a year or more before ever sharing it with the community. I never intended on sharing it but then decided others may like it. Don't let that discourage you though, I'm really indecisive. Also, I didn’t work on it exclusively, just when I felt like it. It did help me hone my building skills and as I got better, I would go back and rebuild the lots.

It is a long process but when it's done, it gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top