Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retaining Wall Issue

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
I am trying to make a retaining wall, using foundations. It works if you draw a fence and raise it. But, you have to keep the fence, which I don't want. I tried using the "invisible" fence, but it isn't actually invisible. What we need is a fence, or other structure, that is visible in Build Mode, but not in Live Mode. Or, is there another way to do this?

Sample Image

P.S. Why am I suddenly not allowed to use the "img' tag?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    edited March 2022
    If you're up to using CC, It's fairly easy to create a fence without a texture, so it is -in fact- invisible.

If you're not, you're stuck with either a (half wall) or a fence on top of your 'retaining wall' or just using a half wall itself. A half wall is a bit more narrow and does not have foundation designs, but it is very much just a retaining wall :) Another option would be to use the debug walls that are manually placeable and come in some stone and brick designs.

I have a method (uses TOOL mod) to get rid of the wall part if you would use a foundation with a full wall. Link to video
    This works for any continuous full wall, not just roof walls. It doesn't work on half walls, since it would leave the half wall trim. It will only leave "phantom wall pieces" on side ends. So in your case, the parts where you'd want a gate of some sorts or want to connect it to something else like a hedge. Your choice to use it or not :)
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I've already solved this one. Apparently, I missed a built in fence that worked perfectly for it. You can see it in the image below, as it runs across the front of the lot.

F3mZafa.png
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.