Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floor tiles on a slope?

SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
Is it possible to place a floor tile on a slope? Or a little-known command that allows terrain tools to operate on them, like how holding [Shift] changes how some tools work?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    If you want a functional, diagonal floor with tiles, the answer is no, it's not possible. You can manipulate the terrain and then use the terrain paints available, but that's as far as you'll go.

If you want, for example a driveway that looks like concrete, but doesn't have to be functional (sims don't need to walk on it and cars don't work anyway), you can use a slanted roof with a concrete design to mimic a diagonal flooring. If you know your way around the terrain and the finesses of roof manipulation, you can integrate it fairly well too.

Anything specific you had in mind?
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Not really. I made a driveway for a house that used the exact thing you talked about; the section at the top is flat, but the ramp down I had to use a matching terrain paint. I was only curious if doing it Sims 3 style was possible. I guess not. Thanks.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.