Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    @Zakaryy wrote: »
    Hey I love your save file but I've noticed that 80% of the lots don't have lot traits, some do and some don't? this is in the populated save.
    and all the lots don't have any lore attached, like there's no backstory to any of the lots. They all just say "created by SweetieWright_84"

That is intended. I focused all of the stories/lore onto the sims themselves. The only lore for lots are Penelope Memorial Park in StrangerVille and Sulani National Park in Sulani.

As far as the lot traits, I left them open so you can use the traits you wanted. Some of the community lots have lot traits but the residential lots were left open. I felt that was the most versatile way for everyone to play the way they wanted.

Everything is left open for your own stories. I provide the canvas, you paint the picture. There are some starting stories but how you take the stories is completely up to you. I know many in the community prefer telling their own stories and I didn't want to take that away. My sims can be used as main characters, background characters or just set-dressing, it's all up to how you want to play it. I hope that makes sense.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    Another update:

My save files probably won't be updated until (hopefully) this time next week. As I mentioned in a previous comment, I decided to redo the save file since it was getting kind of old. No worries, most of the households will still be there but I did add a couple of new ones.

Anyway, I have to finish placing the old households and fixing their relationships, etc. Then I can start planning for Tartosa. After that I can begin building and creating new sims. I hope that I can start on Tartosa this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Also, I spent this whole day thinking it was the 22nd, only to realize it's actually the 23rd. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks for understanding. :)
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 I'm so glad to hear you'll be updating your save file with your version of Tartosa. I probably won't buy Wedding Stories until next week, so I'll keep enjoying your current file for now.

However, since my story save is based on your current file, I'll be doing other things with your new one once it's released. And, because I have the latest editions of your file, I'd be just fine if Foundry Cove contains some starter houses. Having said that, Z and I are enjoying the townhouses. Some of their residents have already appeared in our story.

We can't wait to see what you do with Tartosa. :)
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    SweetieWright_84 I'm so glad to hear you'll be updating your save file with your version of Tartosa. I probably won't buy Wedding Stories until next week, so I'll keep enjoying your current file for now.

However, since my story save is based on your current file, I'll be doing other things with your new one once it's released. And, because I have the latest editions of your file, I'd be just fine if Foundry Cove contains some starter houses. Having said that, Z and I are enjoying the townhouses. Some of their residents have already appeared in our story.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will probably share all of the lots and the new households on my Gallery, so no need to redownload the file again. You can just add the things you want and leave out the things you don't want.

As for Foundry Cove, I decided to make them all starter houses. I found that every time I played in Willow Creek, I always bulldozed the townhouses because I wanted my sims to live a simpler life. My townhouses are on my Gallery as well for anyone that still wants them, just search "Edwardian Townhouses."

The Foundry Cove sims are still there, with the exception of Carrie Carson and her cat, Bowtie. She's still in the save but I moved her out and put a family of three in the house instead. I felt they had a better backstory.

SweetieWright_84 I'm so glad to hear you'll be updating your save file with your version of Tartosa. I probably won't buy Wedding Stories until next week, so I'll keep enjoying your current file for now.

Thanks for your feedback.

I will probably share all of the lots and the new households on my Gallery, so no need to redownload the file again. You can just add the things you want and leave out the things you don't want.

As for Foundry Cove, I decided to make them all starter houses. I found that every time I played in Willow Creek, I always bulldozed the townhouses because I wanted my sims to live a simpler life. My townhouses are on my Gallery as well for anyone that still wants them, just search "Edwardian Townhouses."

The Foundry Cove sims are still there, with the exception of Carrie Carson and her cat, Bowtie. She's still in the save but I moved her out and put a family of three in the house instead. I felt they had a better backstory.

@SweetieWright_84 Duh...of course I could simply download your new builds and households if they're on the Gallery! Z and I did that very thing once already. We got Realm of Magic after we downloaded your save files, and simply added the Glimmerbrook lots to it. It's been an exhausting week. If I were a Sim, my Energy bar would be staying in the yellow zone all day long.

I'm going to take a look at the Foundry Cove starter houses. There's a strong possibility two of the Sims for whom Z and I have plans could move into them.

Z and I adore Carrie and Bowtie! We've downloaded them, and they *might* appear in our story soon. ;)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited February 2022
    @MoonlightGraham, I can't remember if the starter houses I used are on the Gallery. If not, I add them when I add the new stuff. If they are, then they're probably way different from the ones in the save. I spent a lot of time remodeling and redecorating.

I think you're the first one who has said anything about Carrie. Truth be told, I was seriously lacking inspiration when I made her. I think I spent it all on Bowtie. I can't wait to see what you do with her. :)
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    @MoonlightGraham, I can't remember if the starter houses I used are on the Gallery. If not, I add them when I add the new stuff. If they are, then they're probably way different from the ones in the save. I spent a lot of time remodeling and redecorating.

I think you're the first one who has said anything about Carrie. Truth be told, I was seriously lacking inspiration when I made her. I think I spent it all on Bowtie. I can't wait to see what you do with her. :)

@SweetieWright_84 I'll be looking forward to them. Z and I have a whole bunch of Sims living in the townhouses, but we can always find new homes for those Sims. At worst, some of them will reside in the "Not in World" section of our households, so they'll still appear from time to time. Only one or two of them have done more than walk by, and Sage Eaton is the only one who has had any lines. Z and I have plans for Sage. :)

And as for Carrie and Bowtie, they make their first appearance in our next chapter!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    I'll be looking forward to them. Z and I have a whole bunch of Sims living in the townhouses, but we can always find new homes for those Sims. At worst, some of them will reside in the "Not in World" section of our households, so they'll still appear from time to time. Only one or two of them have done more than walk by, and Sage Eaton is the only one who has had any lines. Z and I have plans for Sage. :)

And as for Carrie and Bowtie, they make their first appearance in our next chapter!

That's awesome. I can't wait!
    Another update...yet again...

I'm working on the builds in Tartosa. I just started them two days ago. It looks like my save files won't be ready tomorrow like I had originally hoped. Hopefully by this time next week, it will all be done but I'm not making any promises.

I have all of the shells built for each lot. I just need to do the floorplans, decorate, and landscape, and the lots will be built. Then I'll work on the sims. I can't wait to make the sims, I have a few storyline in mind, all centering around the pack. :)
  • KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    Hello again! Just wondering how you come up with all the wonderful storylines and such for your families? Also. Did you just choose a random number of townies to put not in world or should there be a certain number?
    (Also, I don't think anyone will be particularly angry if you take a few days longer. You're thorough in your builds and population and we should appreciate that!)
    KC_13 wrote: »
    Hello again! Just wondering how you come up with all the wonderful storylines and such for your families? Also. Did you just choose a random number of townies to put not in world or should there be a certain number?
    (Also, I don't think anyone will be particularly angry if you take a few days longer. You're thorough in your builds and population and we should appreciate that!)

Hey, @KC_13, I hope all is well.

As for the lots and how I decide on the population, etc, I start with a screenshot in MS Paint. I give each lot a number and then decide how many are going to be residential and community lots. I usually try to have more residential than community lots.

I then decide what type of community lots I want in this world. As it usually happens, most new packs that come with worlds, have a new lot type. I make sure to include at least one of the new lot type.

For my storylines, I usually draw inspiration from the theme of the pack. In this case, it's weddings. So I think of all the different storylines that could center around weddings, the happy, sad, and sometimes dramatic. The I just go from there. All of my storylines are base storylines. It's up to you, the player to decide where to take it. They're a jumping off point.

As for the random townies, I just make a few full households and then divide them up. I like to make sure there are plenty to fill the roles in game. I probably overdo it a bit but I'd rather have townies I've made roaming around than to have the randomly spawned ones. It helps me not get so caught up in the terrible outfits.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂
  • elephantman68elephantman68 Posts: 3 New Member
    One of the most well-done save files I've played & I applaud you.
    One of the most well-done save files I've played & I applaud you.

That's a very nice thing for you to say. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it. :)
  • KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    All is well! Your response was very insightful and helpful as always, thank you! :smile:
    @KC_13 wrote: »
    All is well! Your response was very insightful and helpful as always, thank you! :smile:

I'm glad I could help. Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask. :)
    edited March 2022
    @SweetieWright_84 Z and I were so excited when we opened up our game and saw you'd added your lots to the Gallery! B)

I've waited to buy Wedding Stories until you finished your creations, because we want your aesthetic throughout our Simiverse. I'm sure we'll add some of your new households to our Gallery, too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Z and I will be off to explore Tartosa! ;)'

EDIT: We just saw your new households...and yes, we will definitely be adding some new Sims to our Gallery!!

Thank you for all your contributions to our hobby. You've made it so much more fun.
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited March 2022
    SweetieWright_84 Z and I were so excited when we opened up our game and saw you'd added your lots to the Gallery! B)

I've waited to buy Wedding Stories until you finished your creations, because we want your aesthetic throughout our Simiverse. I'm sure we'll add some of your new households to our Gallery, too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Z and I will be off to explore Tartosa! ;)'

EDIT: We just saw your new households...and yes, we will definitely be adding some new Sims to our Gallery!!

Thank you for all your contributions to our hobby. You've made it so much more fun.

I'm glad you're excited about the new houses and households. I can't wait to see who you've chosen.

I haven't forgotten the starter homes in Willow Creek. I'm just going over everything to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I'll probably release the newest version tomorrow. I'm not sure what time tomorrow, though.

Edit: I uploaded the starter houses. I also uploaded all of the sims in the save file as well.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    I'm glad you're excited about the new houses and households. I can't wait to see who you've chosen.

I haven't forgotten the starter homes in Willow Creek. I'm just going over everything to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I'll probably release the newest version tomorrow. I'm not sure what time tomorrow, though.

Edit: I uploaded the starter houses. I also uploaded all of the sims in the save file as well.

Z and I found the Willow Creek starter homes this evening. The last thing Z did before she went to bed was sit down with me and place them into our "story save." We also placed your Tartosa lots. They're wonderful, and we like them very much.

We downloaded ALL the new Tartosa households. Now I'm trying to figure out which household lives in each house! :D
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited March 2022

Z and I found the Willow Creek starter homes this evening. The last thing Z did before she went to bed was sit down with me and place them into our "story save." We also placed your Tartosa lots. They're wonderful, and we like them very much.

We downloaded ALL the new Tartosa households. Now I'm trying to figure out which household lives in each house! :D

I built the houses before I made the sims so they don't exactly match. I usually make the sims to fit the houses but this time, I came up with the stories before ever building the houses. Anyway, here's a little cheat sheet for you.

THEBE ESTATE: Lavigne
    VILLA VIGNA: Serrano & Torres

LA COPPIA SERENA: Bianchi
    THE OLD WOOD NECTARY: Galanis
    VIA ROMANZA: Florentino
    RIFUGIO DEI PIRATI: Ricci
    Katodopis is not in world because he's a runaway groom.
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the cheat sheet! :)

Some of the households were fairly easy fits, but I appreciate the help with the others.

I wasn't sure what to do about the living arrangements of the boyfriends/fiances, such as Peter Florentino and Gideon Latham. There are children in the Bianchi and Lavigne families, and both Liliana Bianchi and Cherie Lavigne are surrounded by men who would be watching every move Peter and Gideon made.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • KouturierKouturier Posts: 2 New Member
    Would it be possible to get a version with all the original npc sims, npc celebrities, townies, etc? (ex: Judith, The Goths, Bailey-Moons, The Calientes, The Pankcakes, etc)

I wasn't expecting all of them to be gone and replaced with new sims. It feels dry without them in the game. :/
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    Kouturier wrote: »
    Would it be possible to get a version with all the original npc sims, npc celebrities, townies, etc? (ex: Judith, The Goths, Bailey-Moons, The Calientes, The Pankcakes, etc)

I wasn't expecting all of them to be gone and replaced with new sims. It feels dry without them in the game. :/

There is a blank version which has no Sims included, so you could easily add the one's you want back into this save.
    My new version of the save files are ready for download.
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    My new version of the save files are ready for download.

Thank you so much, off to play now!
    @MrsSteepdene, enjoy! Let me know what you think :).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top