Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alexa Just Cussed!

I was playing Trivia and it was the question about the talking toilet next to the regular toilet...and Alexa said the "P*SS" word in reference to not making the talking toilet mad.

Comments

• SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    Thanks for reporting this to us!! We are tracking this as I write this message and will work on a fix. I'll notify as soon as it publishes live!
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 344 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    plum is not a curse word. It is vulgar slang for using the restroom.

Wow, it’s banned from this website? Sheesh

It was a curse word in the context that Alexa used it. Not only that it's inappropriate.
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    ArilyBoo wrote: »
    plum is not a curse word. It is vulgar slang for using the restroom.

Wow, it’s banned from this website? Sheesh

It was a curse word in the context that Alexa used it. Not only that it's inappropriate.

Well in that case it sounds like a play on words. Think about it. “Don’t p*ss off the toilet” lol it’s kinda funny actually

Funny or not, it's not really that great for the ages of some of the children that play this game.
    Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
    It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • SimGuru0x00SimGuru0x00 Posts: 19 SimGuru
    6tu36yz43bts.jpg

We have fixed the issue in production build. Here is a screenshot of how the text will show up (from our testing).

As always, we welcome such feedback.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Having lived in England and the U.S., I was fairly shocked to find out that '🐸🐸🐸🐸 off,' or even the lighter version, "p. o. 'd" was considered very offensive language to the British. While in America, we don't think a thing about it. My mom says it. :lol: But then when the British say '🐸🐸🐸🐸' it means drunk. So it's all just a cultural language difference I suspect.
  • jamyaharrison565jamyaharrison565 Posts: 2 New Member
    How you do 100 baby challenge
  • jamyaharrison565jamyaharrison565 Posts: 2 New Member
    Okay I have to ask someone else
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Had to laugh, both from imagining them turning Alexa into a vase, stuffing flowers down her throat, and also the fact that kids where I live, every 7-year-old knows when they have to take a ___, or when someone is ___ed off, etc. There's even a NON-vulgar slang exclamation of approval, "Wicked Pissah!" that is very regional and it means about the same thing as "SICK!"
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I really hate how this game keeps getting censored and changed to be more palatable for children. It was never meant to be for children and doing so, in my opinion, merely insults the original fanbase. I want Will Wright back.
  • RainaElfRainaElf Posts: 35 Member
    But it doesn’t matter anymore because they just removed it. So...

i'll bet this is why:
    At Electronic Arts, we believe in the power of positive play. Being part of a gaming community should be positive, fun, fair, and safe for all. Like with most communities, we have positive play guidelines to help make sure our games and services are an enjoyable experience for all players. Whether you’re new to gaming or have been an active player for years, we need your help to make this a community we all want to be part of.

as listed on this page https://www.ea.com/commitments/positive-play

everything is so "pc" and sanitized any more. it's like living in San Angeles from Demolition Man.

-- joy-joy feelings. everyone!

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yeah but here's the thing about sims 4. The sims 4 is meant for kids this time around. They removed everything in game that made it T rated.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited January 2021
    RainaElf wrote: »
    But it doesn’t matter anymore because they just removed it. So...

i'll bet this is why:
    At Electronic Arts, we believe in the power of positive play. Being part of a gaming community should be positive, fun, fair, and safe for all. Like with most communities, we have positive play guidelines to help make sure our games and services are an enjoyable experience for all players. Whether you’re new to gaming or have been an active player for years, we need your help to make this a community we all want to be part of.

as listed on this page https://www.ea.com/commitments/positive-play

everything is so "pc" and sanitized any more. it's like living in San Angeles from Demolition Man.

-- joy-joy feelings. everyone!

Still haven't figured out the "two seashells..." That's gotta hurt.

We Canadians have managed to outsmart the censors... "Looks like you're ten-ply, bud..." or "Hey, you're so dense, you couldn't roll a tire down a hill..."; or "Sure you don't need a broom? Lookin' a bit dusty...there, duster..."

...we don't need to resort to foul language to insult someone.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • DNvoxxDNvoxx Posts: 5 New Member
    That explains why Sims4 is soo boring without Mods
  • vickiesimsvickiesims Posts: 20 Member
    > @DNvoxx said:
    > That explains why Sims4 is soo boring without Mods

I honestly can't play this game without Mods anymore, they make the game so much more fun and realistic.
  • Woodywood03cdWoodywood03cd Posts: 3 New Member
    I wonder why they still don't have Mod's. It seems like they are a great idea.