Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite part of simming?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Just playing for however long I like.
    I like creating sims, building them a house to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited December 2021
    Other, if you think of something else feel free to share.
    I have 3 current saves. One of them is my main save file, which is going to be forever. The other two save files contain Sims that are distant relatives of my main Sim in my main save. I will play them for a bit, then transfer those Sims to my main save after I'm done with them.

I just love playing them on their day-to-day lives and play however long I want (I have 28 days per season). I make their choices depending on their traits/what they are like. It's like I sometimes just put myself in their shoes, imagine what they will decide if I were them. Like, my main Sim is a perfectionist who cleans a lot, and I make her argue with her boyfriend sometimes if he doesn't clean. Meanwhile, my Sim from my other save file (distant cousin of my main Sim) never cleans and never cooks and drinks and parties a lot with her friends and gets drunk and wakes up at 12 noon because she's currently filthy rich and has never worked a day in her life...until she will later spend almost all her money. I have a bit of story for each of them (backstories too), and they have things I don't make them do and things they do a lot...so that I can feel that they're different from each other.

And I also love playing the Big Brother challenge. So far I've only played 1 "season". I will surely play more.

• ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I was torn because I like just playing, but I also like it when things explode in unpredicted ways. I like a challenge once in a while. And sometimes I like it when things go disastrously, hilariously wrong.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    Creating stories, something to hang on to.
    Nice to see people still sharing the responses are much more varied than I thought they would be, people can always feel free to explain whatever they like that's part of the fun.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It is more of the cycle of building, playing, and turning my play into stories, or just adding what I play to my forum simming journal.
    I build less in The Sims 4 for some reason despite its build mode.

I guess an open world just inspired me to build more with TS3, but I built more in TS2 as well.
    I probably played more in those other games too. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    All of the above, except for challenges and CC shopping (unless mods count). It all really depends on what I'm in the mood for. Lately, I've done a lot more gameplay than building, CAS, etc.

As I've mentioned in other threads, I'm currently rotating through the premade families but in my unpopulated save file. I've really enjoyed it, which I'm surprised about. As I go through each household, I update their looks and redecorate their houses to fit their needs. I've been playing this save for a few weeks, but I'm still only on my first rotation, and I've finally made it to Windenburg.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am a hybrid player and playtester so always fun to play a bit of everything just to see where bugs are and everything. It is like going on an investigation exploring all the nooks and crannies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SimsJediSimsJedi Posts: 26 Member
    Playing through challenges you've heard about or created.
    My favorite thing to do in the game is actually building, but because I usually build with challenges in mind, I chose that one. I love to set myself challenges like building with limited packs, making off-the-grid or survivalist homes, or redesigning an entire world from scratch.

For actual gameplay, I like doing anything but the kind of stories the game was seemingly designed for. I've built many a Star Wars lot before and after the Batuu pack (Batuu was like a dream come true, which seems to put me in the minority). I love doing historical games, too. I don't love the existing History Challenge, but I love playing through my own adaptation of it. I've built a lot of medieval villages, Roman towns, and turn-of-the-century farms. When I try to just play modern-day suburban families I get bored very quickly.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I always have stories going on. Most of my sims have drama and others don't. The more drama the more fun I have though LOL.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    There's a lot of derision for 'dollhouse' players, but many of us have been writers since we were kids. I loved to make up stories in my head, and sometimes I wrote them down. Sometimes, I played them out with my dolls. A box would become a schoolhouse, and tables would become a little house. I've been Simming for 21 years, and it's like the dollhouse I always wanted as a kid. Now, I'm not only the writer, I'm also the director, making my stories come to life.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    This game is a way to just relieve stress.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Erm... just about everything, I guess - except CC shopping. No CC or mods for me. Seriously, my computer would die from the overload if I ever started downloading that kind of stuff because if I ever succumbed to the temptation I'd want it allllll. Sometimes I like to just play, sometimes I like to build. I have been trying to do stories, and adding drama, especially lately, although I've decided not to try to take photos. trying for that perfect shot interferes with my enjoyment. I've started doing the new scenarios, although I've never done one of the challenges I've seen.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I couldn't choose just one, because it depends on the mood I'm in that day. There's several of the options that I do regularly. So my way(s) to play The Sims are:
    • Just playing for however long I like
    • CC shopping
    • Starting fresh
    • Building/Decorating
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Stories, definitely.

And my sims having a lot of babies. I have to always stop my myself from having my sims pop the babies out constantly!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I love playing. But I don't care for "drama." I want their lives to be as perfect as possible. Mostly I play my "legacy" (long term) family, but that save has a lot of CC. So when an update comes out, I play for a while on a new save without any CC/mods. (That also lets me see if there are any bugs/glitches in the game before I play my long term family.) I really like the scenarios for that "play without CC." I also enjoy CC shopping and building/decorating. It's hard to pick just one, so I went with what I do the most: just play my family.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    edited December 2021
    Uff...that's a tough one 😅
    I will try to rank what I enjoy most.

1. Gameplay would be my Nr. 1, I definitely spend most time there. I just LOVE creating and playing the storys for my Sims familys.
    2. But a huge part of my gameplay is in CAS, because I give my Sim-Familys every single day a new outfit and maybe a different hairstyle, depending on their plans for the day.
    3. That leads me to CC Shopping. I love picking out new clothes and hairstyles for my Sims, so I spend hours with CC Shopping.
    4. I enjoy to build, too, and there are times, mostly when a new pack comes out or a kid moves into his own space, when I don't do any gameplay for months, because I build and build and build new lots for the new world.
    5. I also love searching the gallery (sometimes for hours or even days) to find amazing builds for my Sims to visit.

So, I love almost every aspect of the Sims 4. The only thing I never touched are challenges of any kind. It's not my cup of tea, I enjoy my own storytelling much more. :)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    And playing for however long I like. But I do like the little stories I make up for my sims, dressing them and decorating their homes. Like playing barbies which I still collect.❤️
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited December 2021
    It's a mix between creating drama/creating stories. Because while I do love drama and am kinda actively looking for it, I still like to keep it somewhat consistent to what's consistent for the character (I have possibly envisioned) and what's actually happening in the game. Not something I'm forcing to happen. For example: if a sim somehow shows hints that their interests are somewhere else than in their marriage, then I might latch onto that and the story kind of writes itself. What could cause this is e.g. aggressive autonomous romantic interaction towards someone else or rarely having whims about their significant other or child (I have a mod which alters whims so if they truly don't get these then... *rubs hands*).

Like, recently my game presented a pretty juicy scenario in which a sim of mine suddenly wanted to "try for baby with ..." during a nightclub party (had too much juice?) so I allowed it by having them visit the closet, then his girlfriend got pregnant and he wished for marriage so I allowed that too but after that he like never seemed to be happy with his family. He was stressed most of the time and only seemed happy when meeting up with club friends. Not only that he showed some peculiar interest in Thorne Bailey and their autonomous romantic actions were VERY aggressive... so I allowed that too. This whole scenario basically wrote itself so I most happily embraced it instead of trying to ignore it and make them some "happy happy joy joy family".

For some other sims I might have a more predetermined roleplay in mind and don't want them to deviate from it too much but, most of the time, I'm very flexible and kind of react to what happens in the game. Like my first sim. I pictured him as very faithful but then he flirted with Mortimer Goth cuz I forgot Enchanting Introduction is romantic so I just went with it AND then soon after his wife repeated the same mistake with Caleb Vatore because I didn't know "Impress with video game prowess" (appearing in contextual menu) was romantic and then I kinda formed this roleplay that they have this open-ish relationship in which both can flirt but never go further than that. Glad this happened because it opened the door for some hilarious relationships. Like the husband having a "Hot and Cold" romance with the Grim Reaper because he kinda keeps flirting with him while also rejecting/fighting him at the same time.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Playing through challenges you've heard about or created.
    Though I like all building my fav is reproducing as close as possible from a floor plan or image or abandoned house exploration video. I like putting Sims in my distressed mess builds with $19 and then they need to work and earn money to clean it up.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Building, challenges, story-telling, playing in CAS, all of it really. Though I don't use much CC in TS4, I loved shopping for it in TS2, so even that. The only thing I really don't enjoy is creating a lot of drama. I'm a sunshine and rainbows hopeful romantic, optimistic kind of 'ol Gal. Usually. Don't get me wrong, a little drama is a good thing, keeps it interesting, but the good guy will almost always win in my stories. :) That might change next year, we'll see, but that's been my modus operandi from the very start of The Sims.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    There are some days I just play the game, and other times I just set things up how I want it to be, and Create Sims. Or download Sims from the gallery I like to spice up my games
    I have a few save files loosely based on things I like, and kind of recreating my Sims 2 sims for sims 4. I spend quite a bit of time creating Sims, and will sometimes just do that for a time.
    Other days I will release the Sims into my save files, and play them for awhile. I have so many dopplegangers from creating different versions of the same families, it gets funny when they interact.
    I also will spend some time looking at the Gallery, especially for houses, but also for Sims. I like to look for Sims I like, because I tend to favor a certain look for my Sims, and the ones I find that I like, usually add a unique look to my game. I will usually take the Sim, and combine it with one of my Sims, and create offspring for them. The looks I get are ones that I wouldn't think for their kids, but they are quite nice. I have posted the Sims to my gallery.
    There are also just days that I if I get a new pack, I will go through my families, and update their looks.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I create stories, build, start from scratch with new saves, shop for CC and interesting new mods, play challenges, create drama in my stories, and share my experiences with Sims4 and offer help to any Simmer that has an issue and is looking for advice or help. I tweak and use workarounds for all things that bug me; and have a mods folder that has been carefully curated and tested to give me the best playing experience I can hope for. I have not updated my game for several months now, and don't plan to do so anytime in the future. I have grown weary of the constant updates being forced on me once or twice a month that don't really add anything I want or need to make the game more enjoyable. But do manage to wreak havoc on mods and CC alike. And any new pack that 'might' come along in the future would have to be something very special to tempt me to purchase it after the buggy packs I bought in the past that were never fixed, and to this day, are still filled with bugs and issues. At this point in time, I am content with Sims4 just as it is, and have no plans to change it in any way.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    A mixture of building and playing and creating my own stories and memories. It seems this community (not necessarily on here) is polarised between live mode and build mode but I am in the minority of both
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited December 2021
    Like most of us I've know the sims is what you see is what you get, but I enjoy a story and nonsense which can make a sim fun to mess with, share, or hang on to in anyway I can. However, there is usually a part that I enjoy the most, I just put another pair in uni and it was the best cause I like starting out with them even though I know it'll be a while before they get to the family level. Even though I've done it before it's just like that sometimes what about you? What keeps you coming back, also fits I guess. :)

A friend helped me to make my game more enjoyable. It's been two real-life weeks and my couple's son only just became a toddler yesterday(the 10th at the time of this comment) I started my gameplay on November 27th with just one sim and added a lady friend for him to meet and marry five sim-days later. They married almost one year after meeting. Though they actually did so without influence from me due to my settings in MC Command Center Mod. She was his 'secretary' at the office where they both worked. Now he's President of the company and his wife works for the other branch*. Their son Cyrus is a toddler and almost done working on his skills, though he has a while before his sixth birthday.

*I put Andrew Cole's wife Elizabeth in the Angel Investor branch as part of my non-existent storyline.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited December 2021
    I enjoy telling the stories of my Sims' lives. I do have a favorite family, that sadly I've had to restart numerous times. I can't even recall how many times. While starting out fresh has its own rewards, I'm trying to get my Rock Star to a ripe old age, loving his wife, his kids and his music. I want to see him still performing when he's an Elder. I have yet to achieve this goal. Always something gets borked. The save gets corrupted, I make a major goof and lose Sims in the process, or I try out a new-to-me mod that goes awry. You name it, it has happened. It's the story that keeps me returning to play. I do love to build, too, and most of my Sims reside in a lot I've created or copied from a floorplan from a magazine. Currently, the seven Teens in my game save are nearing a time to go off to Uni. As in the past, they will reside together so I can help them achieve their goal of graduating. ;) Two of them just got married, too. So, this go-around I'm mixing things up a bit. (Having this couple marry before uni is a departure, for sure.) The other departure is that this time they won't live in Wyvern Hall, but in Dark Wing, a university lot that I totally change out for a Gallery build, with a few edits by me. I was surprised to learn even a non-dorm couldn't have a barbeque or a stove on the lot. Drat it all. Must be the insurance for the school. Insurance companies put the kybosh on home diving board, etc. in RL.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/