Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for vanilla builders!!

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I thought all the builds seen on the gallery were vanilla unless you specifically tick the box labeled: include custom content or do you mean base game only builds that don’t use dlc packs? I’m confused.
  • couchpotatovet101couchpotatovet101 Posts: 34 Member
    Repo wrote: »
    I have many vanilla, NOCC, NOMOO basegame or limited pack builds if you are interested. Most of my builds are bare shells or finished, landscaped and unfurnished houses. Anything I put up furnished I play test first (that's a peeve of mine). I do play with mods, but don't use them to build and I always take them out and clear the caches when I build (I have a save just for building, and one just for testing). Anything that I put in my library or on the gallery I want 100 percent vanilla just in case things go wrong (because they do). I tend to build more small houses than large ones. Most of my stuff is easy to use with good visibility (also a peeve of mine). Re-uploading is fine with me as long as my name stays as original creator. My gallery ID is Evilfeline.

Thanks for sharing! I added you to the list!
    first year veterinary student by day, simmer by night (when uni work and studying allows it 😉) owner of all packs and kits 🤩 South African born and bred ;) 🇿🇦
    I thought all the builds seen on the gallery were vanilla unless you specifically tick the box labeled: include custom content or do you mean base game only builds that don’t use dlc packs? I’m confused.

well then my gallery must be broken because I constantly still get stuff with CC and mods, neither of which I play with. I don't mind DLC packs because I have all of them, I just called on vanilla builders so that I could list them all in one place 😊
    first year veterinary student by day, simmer by night (when uni work and studying allows it 😉) owner of all packs and kits 🤩 South African born and bred ;) 🇿🇦
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't use cc for any of my builds!

My name is pammiechick here and on the gallery! :smile:

I always playtest my builds, too, and I care about gameplay so there's always a lot to do in them. I hate builds that focus on looks that are from builders who don't play.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Thanks for adding me to the list, @couchpotatovet101
    I don't use cc for any of my builds!

My name is pammiechick here and on the gallery! :smile:

I always playtest my builds, too, and I care about gameplay so there's always a lot to do in them. I hate builds that focus on looks that are from builders who don't play.

added 😉🌸
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Pamtastic72, I think a vanilla build is any build that is without cc and/or mods being used. Don't think it has anything to do with packs used. I tried base game only and it is close to impossible for me as I love to decorate and have a lot of the packs. I try but rarely succeed lol.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

well then my gallery must be broken because I constantly still get stuff with CC and mods, neither of which I play with. I don't mind DLC packs because I have all of them, I just called on vanilla builders so that I could list them all in one place 😊

Oh, okay - well I don’t use mods or cc in my builds, I do use MOO sometimes but mostly for just deco objects. I also have all packs and I play test before I upload. 😊
    Pamtastic72, I think a vanilla build is any build that is without cc and/or mods being used. Don't think it has anything to do with packs used. I tried base game only and it is close to impossible for me as I love to decorate and have a lot of the packs. I try but rarely succeed lol.

Me too I have couple of base game only builds but I get so frustrated trying to just stick to those items. I also love to decorate and have all of the dlc released so far, so why not use it right? I was just confused by the original post because I thought mods/cc wouldn’t come through the gallery if you didn’t tick the box that says to include them.
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    edited October 2021
    Packs used has nothing to do with being a vanilla builder. I choose to do so because 1. I have been at times the frustrated person who wanted to download something and couldn't because I didn't have some of the content (this was more with Sims 3 than 4 for me) and 2. My build style is fairly simple anyway so it lends itself well to limited pack building. I mentioned it because there are those out there who are looking for those kinds of builds. I have fun tinkering with my builds and they are usable as they are, but I do view them as a template or just a starting point to be added to or changed as wanted/needed both for myself and anyone who chooses to use them.

There is no wrong way to build, only personal style and preference on the part of the creator and the down loader.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I'm a vanilla player/builder. I do not use CC, Mods or Tools. My builts are always platested. I have noMoo lots or lots with Moo (I only use it for special decor, I do not use it for full building, it makes the game lag!).

Forum ID: emere
    Gallery ID: osiazul

:)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you Leochick 123! :)
  • SimooliganSimooligan Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm pretty Vanilla! RARELY do I use CC, but I feel the same way as you! I have most of my uploads on the gallery @Simooligan, and slowly uploading the Mod The Sims: https://modthesims.info/member.php?u=224515
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm also a Vanilla Builder.

Edited to add: My username here is the same as my Origin ID.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Helloo friendss!! I hope everyone is happy and healthy!

I recently my first legacy save and for the first time since I started playing (going on 10 yrs), I have really started to enjoy decorating. BUT...
    my building skills are horrible, and have always been. 'sigh'

So,

I hopped onto the gallery looking for perfect homes/shells to download and make my own , but just as I expected, it's filled with mods and CC...
    And sadly, this South African simmer plays vanilla to preserve her Mac, sanity and storage space (university gets first choice on that one)...

But today I found this thread but it was last commented on early July.

Thus I was hoping that my fellow vanilla builders would find this and give me their galleryID's to add to my list (from the other thread linked above) - that I will share on here as well for others...

Please, help a girl out <3 MOO is fine as long as it play-tested. Other cheats are cool too.

TLDR: I need vanilla builders. No mods. No cc. MOO is fine as long as it play-tested. Other cheats are cool too. List will be updated as new galleryID's are posted
    THANK YOUU

couchpotatovet, my bad! I misunderstood your statement. You want vanilla buildings with no cc or mods. That can be done. However, the game does account for any items used from other packs like Snowy Escape, City Living, Get Together and so forth. So I ask you what vanilla materials can be used to build a house to your standards? If you check my gallery you will find that I started off building vanilla, but then I started downing cc for every room in my house and naturally those homes would be filled with cc when saved before playing them as the game requires.

I recently my first legacy save and for the first time since I started playing (going on 10 yrs), I have really started to enjoy decorating. BUT...

So,

I hopped onto the gallery looking for perfect homes/shells to download and make my own , but just as I expected, it's filled with mods and CC...
    And sadly, this South African simmer plays vanilla to preserve her Mac, sanity and storage space (university gets first choice on that one)...

Thus I was hoping that my fellow vanilla builders would find this and give me their galleryID's to add to my list (from the other thread linked above) - that I will share on here as well for others...

Please, help a girl out <3 MOO is fine as long as it play-tested. Other cheats are cool too.

TLDR: I need vanilla builders. No mods. No cc. MOO is fine as long as it play-tested. Other cheats are cool too. List will be updated as new galleryID's are posted
    THANK YOUU

couchpotatovet, my bad! I misunderstood your statement. You want vanilla buildings with no cc or mods. That can be done. However, the game does account for any items used from other packs like Snowy Escape, City Living, Get Together and so forth. So I ask you what vanilla materials can be used to build a house to your standards? If you check my gallery you will find that I started off building vanilla, but then I started downing cc for every room in my house and naturally those homes would be filled with cc when saved before playing them as the game requires.

My address is Abdul Malik 19591

So,

THANK YOUU

My address is Abdul Malik 19591

Scratch that coachpotatovet my address is abdul19591 and not the one above.
    couchpotatovet101I just built a home in your honor, it's call couch potato realty in my library. I tried to look you up but I got couchpotatovet19. Anywho I'm "abdul19591" in the gallery. You can look over my work anytime. Peace
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    Hi! I'm a vanilla creator. I do use MOO, however, I always playtest before uploading. I'm Lissykin in the Gallery and here. Thanks for this list! :)
    emere wrote: »
    I'm a vanilla player/builder. I do not use CC, Mods or Tools. My builts are always platested. I have noMoo lots or lots with Moo (I only use it for special decor, I do not use it for full building, it makes the game lag!).

Forum ID: emere
    Gallery ID: osiazul

:)

added, thanks :)
    Simooligan wrote: »
    I'm pretty Vanilla! RARELY do I use CC, but I feel the same way as you! I have most of my uploads on the gallery @Simooligan, and slowly uploading the Mod The Sims: https://modthesims.info/member.php?u=224515

Thanks for sharing, I'll add you!
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm also a Vanilla Builder.

Edited to add: My username here is the same as my Origin ID.

Added 😉🌸

So,

THANK YOUU

I don't mind DLC packs as I have them all, I just don't like downloading builds w/ CC and mods because I don't play with them. I understand why people play with them, I just prefer not to as it feels like I am trying to change the game that I paid for and I know too little about code to understand how they work, which my ADHD and over-thinking does not enjoy😆 I'll add you to the list since you still have vanilla builds on your gallery. 😉
    Lissykin wrote: »
    Hi! I'm a vanilla creator. I do use MOO, however, I always playtest before uploading. I'm Lissykin in the Gallery and here. Thanks for this list! :)

Thanks for sharing, I'll add you!!
    couchpotatovet101I just built a home in your honor, it's call couch potato realty in my library. I tried to look you up but I got couchpotatovet19. Anywho I'm "abdul19591" in the gallery. You can look over my work anytime. Peace

I just saw this. Thank you so much @Darstep0301 🤩🥳💚 Yes couchpotatovet19 is me 🤪 it wouldn't let me add "101" so I just added my age instead 😆 I'll have a look tonight when I log on!!
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Thank you for adding me to your list. I am honored. :) Never ever will I use CC or mods. I do use all my packs and kits frequently in my builds. Also use MOO and all my lots are thoroughly play tested. What's the point in having them if you can't use them and share them. It's very frustrating to try and build with base game only. Any-hoo, thanks again and happy building.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    None of my builds have cc or mods quite a few have the MOO cheat but only for pictures, windows, decorations etc and all are playable. I rarely post my builds on this forum as compared to most builds posted they are not that good but pretty much all my builds are on the gallery under my username on here.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    I have a few shells from real floor plans. VenusARussell. Check out my other builds from the past few months from real floor plans as well. I don't think I used MOO with any of my shells .
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Simber_SimsSimber_Sims Posts: 17 Member
    I build vanilla houses! I actually uploaded the shell of a ranch style house recently that maybe you would enjoy furnishing? I think when I build shells for challenges and such I'm gonna start uploading the shells too so other people can use them, because I know it can be frustrating to always have to build.
    My gallery ID is RainingEmbers
    Thank you guys!!