Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Sul sul!

I (and my daughter) enjoy creating Sims, but neither of us has yet become a decent builder. I've had fun looking for houses on the Gallery to fill out my Simworlds, but it can also be a tedious process. I learned about your save files from a post here on the forum, found this thread, took a look at it...and now I've saved it into my own game!

I really enjoy your building style. I like the way you give each world a distinctive architectural look and feel. Your houses are beautiful without being cluttered, and they look like they'll be very playable. Z and I have had fun exploring your Simworld and picking Sims from my Gallery to live there (or creating them to fill your houses!)

I also downloaded your Populated file, and we're picking some of your households to join "our" Sims in our new save. Thank you for sharing your beautiful builds and your engaging characters with us!

I'm glad you and your daughter are enjoying both save files.

Recently, I've been very careful with not overcrowding the houses, and also using MOO. The houses in the earlier worlds may be a bit more cluttered because I built them forever ago.

Thanks again for your lovely comment. I would love to hear (or read) about what my sims are getting up to in your game, and how they relate your sims' stories.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @SweetieWright_84 You're very welcome! Z (daughter) is definitely playing along with me on the save that takes place in your Simworld. We're planning to try something different this time: our main character is going to be a university student.

We really wanted to bring your student Sims who live at Foxbury and UBrite over to our game--they're all very interesting, with a fun set of interests, hobbies, majors, and traits. But it doesn't look like we can move them directly into university housing, even though the game recognizes them as students. For example, we saved the Tidal Tower Roommates to my Gallery. When we went to place them into our game, we couldn't move them into Tidal Tower, even though our game recognized both of them as Foxbury students.

We would also like to figure out a good way to fill the other spots in campus housing with our own young adult Sims, without having to go through the process of getting them all accepted to a university. We'd rather have them in our game than a bunch of randomly generated NPC students. We think we might have to edit the game-generated roomies to match our creations.

We also think your Henford-on-Bagley residents are especially delightful, so we duplicated your HoB world for our own game.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    @SweetieWright_84 You're very welcome! Z (daughter) is definitely playing along with me on the save that takes place in your Simworld. We're planning to try something different this time: our main character is going to be a university student.

We really wanted to bring your student Sims who live at Foxbury and UBrite over to our game--they're all very interesting, with a fun set of interests, hobbies, majors, and traits. But it doesn't look like we can move them directly into university housing, even though the game recognizes them as students. For example, we saved the Tidal Tower Roommates to my Gallery. When we went to place them into our game, we couldn't move them into Tidal Tower, even though our game recognized both of them as Foxbury students.

We would also like to figure out a good way to fill the other spots in campus housing with our own young adult Sims, without having to go through the process of getting them all accepted to a university. We'd rather have them in our game than a bunch of randomly generated NPC students. We think we might have to edit the game-generated roomies to match our creations.

We also think your Henford-on-Bagley residents are especially delightful, so we duplicated your HoB world for our own game.

The university students thing, I think, is by design. The game doesn't recognize them as living in the university housing when moved in from the Gallery/Library. I'm playing with the premades, and the three university students had to move into another off-campus house. It's not something I did but I think the game does it on its own. If you play those households, when it's time to enroll for a new term, you can have them live in the university housing. This is one of my gripes about Discover University.

In order to fill the dorms with your sims, you will probably have to move them into a lot, enroll them in uni, evict them from their home, and mark them as unplayed.

Also you can cheat their application/enrollment process so you don't have to wait days for it to come in the mail. You can shift-click on either the mailbox or sim (can't remember off the top of my head), and find it under the University menu.

I'm glad you and Z like my HoB residents. I tried to make them fit the pack but also not have them all be farmers. I love the fox sanctuary family.

I have a lot fun making and updating the save as new packs come out. It's also nice to see that others like it as well, so thank you (and Z) for letting me know. And please feel free to share your sims' adventures in their new world. :smile:
    @SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the suggestions! I figured we would have to do something like you mentioned. We wanted to get started playing in your world sooner, though, so we came up with an alternate plan while we get our Sims enrolled and settled in on campus.

We've had fun getting to know the Sims you created, looking at them and reading their stories. You've done such a good job of connecting them to each other in all kinds of ways. We're gradually filling our save with a combination of your creations and ours, and you've inspire us to draw up connections between our Sims, too. For example, we created the household in which one of our favorite Young Adults grew up: his mother, father, and younger siblings, who are now Teens. We had another favorite move back in with her mom and stepfather, whom she doesn't care for, and now there's some tension with Mom, too. Some of our "supporting actors" have been given friendships and work relationships with some of yours. We're trying to decide if we're going to create romantic connections, too, or whether we'll play the Sims ourselves and see what happens. Z has identified a few she'd like to "ship," so the Watchers might intervene more directly in those cases. :smile:

The festivals in San Myshuno are much more fun now that we've chosen Sims to live in most of the apartments. We see our own creations all over the city! Premade Sims who were created before Seasons came out can't resist the urge to wear bizarre outfits when it's hot or cold outside, and while it can be fun to see the Fengs and Penny Pizzazz wear combinations that make the cosplayers look conventional, it also gets tiresome. We have a handful of quirky Sims who add that kind of comic relief. And it's also fun to see someone besides the Karaoke Legends win the contests at Planet Honey Pop!. One of our sweet Sims won a prize with a score of 55/100. She'd never come close with the usual barflies flitting about. So, thank you again for your contributions.

I'll happily fill you in on the events in their new surroundings. You'll probably recognize a lot of the characters in the stories!
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    edited November 2021
    SweetieWright_84 Thank you for the suggestions! I figured we would have to do something like you mentioned. We wanted to get started playing in your world sooner, though, so we came up with an alternate plan while we get our Sims enrolled and settled in on campus.

We've had fun getting to know the Sims you created, looking at them and reading their stories. You've done such a good job of connecting them to each other in all kinds of ways. We're gradually filling our save with a combination of your creations and ours, and you've inspire us to draw up connections between our Sims, too. For example, we created the household in which one of our favorite Young Adults grew up: his mother, father, and younger siblings, who are now Teens. We had another favorite move back in with her mom and stepfather, whom she doesn't care for, and now there's some tension with Mom, too. Some of our "supporting actors" have been given friendships and work relationships with some of yours. We're trying to decide if we're going to create romantic connections, too, or whether we'll play the Sims ourselves and see what happens. Z has identified a few she'd like to "ship," so the Watchers might intervene more directly in those cases. :smile:

The festivals in San Myshuno are much more fun now that we've chosen Sims to live in most of the apartments. We see our own creations all over the city! Premade Sims who were created before Seasons came out can't resist the urge to wear bizarre outfits when it's hot or cold outside, and while it can be fun to see the Fengs and Penny Pizzazz wear combinations that make the cosplayers look conventional, it also gets tiresome. We have a handful of quirky Sims who add that kind of comic relief. And it's also fun to see someone besides the Karaoke Legends win the contests at Planet Honey Pop!. One of our sweet Sims won a prize with a score of 55/100. She'd never come close with the usual barflies flitting about. So, thank you again for your contributions.

I'll happily fill you in on the events in their new surroundings. You'll probably recognize a lot of the characters in the stories!

It sounds like you and Z have put even more life into my save. I love to it! I'm curious to see who you have chosen. I have a few favorites, of course, but I love seeing how others interpret the storylines that I've started.

I'm currently playing all of the premades in my unpopulated save. I've had to redecorate the houses to fit the sim but I'm having a lot of fun. I've given them all makeovers and even added a few of the Maxis Gallery sims.

By the way, I downloaded one of your sims, Mary Elizabeth. I haven't played her yet but I plan on incorporating her somewhere. She's so adorable and wholesome, I think she deserves the perfect life.
    It sounds like you and Z have put even more life into my save. I love to it! I'm curious to see who you have chosen. I have a few favorites, of course, but I love seeing how others interpret the storylines that I've started.

I'm currently playing all of the premades in my unpopulated save. I've had to redecorate the houses to fit the sim but I'm having a lot of fun. I've given them all makeovers and even added a few of the Maxis Gallery sims.

By the way, I downloaded one of your sims, Mary Elizabeth. I haven't played her yet but I plan on incorporating her somewhere. She's so adorable and wholesome, I think she deserves the perfect life.

We keep adding more of your Sim households to our save. We'll take a look at one of your households, decide we like it...and then we discover they have a connection to another household. We look at that one, and next thing we know, they're moving in, too. :)

Some of your creations only "missed the cut" because we already had a favorite family of our own living in the house your Sims occupy. We might have to do some remodeling to make room for a family or two.

I'm glad you like Mary Elizabeth! I'm the first to admit that Z and I tend to make a lot of good, wholesome Sims. I think there's too much meanness and conflict in today's world. So, while it might be realistic to have a bunch of obnoxious, contentious Sims running around, I don't choose to create that kind of world. Our villains tend to be more comic than evil.

I've thought about putting more of our Sims on the Gallery, or perhaps featuring them in a thread here on the forum. We're far from master creators, but we have fun with them.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    We keep adding more of your Sim households to our save. We'll take a look at one of your households, decide we like it...and then we discover they have a connection to another household. We look at that one, and next thing we know, they're moving in, too. :)

Some of your creations only "missed the cut" because we already had a favorite family of our own living in the house your Sims occupy. We might have to do some remodeling to make room for a family or two.

I'm glad you like Mary Elizabeth! I'm the first to admit that Z and I tend to make a lot of good, wholesome Sims. I think there's too much meanness and conflict in today's world. So, while it might be realistic to have a bunch of obnoxious, contentious Sims running around, I don't choose to create that kind of world. Our villains tend to be more comic than evil.

I've thought about putting more of our Sims on the Gallery, or perhaps featuring them in a thread here on the forum. We're far from master creators, but we have fun with them.

I'm far from a master sim maker as well, but I like my sims and that's all that matters. I rarely make "evil" sims but I do tend to make my sims have one "negative" trait, such as clumsy or something like that.

I love that you and your daughter play the game together. I'm the only one in my household that plays the Sims. My sons aren't too into it. My oldest likes TS2 the best because he can build/restore a car. My youngest likes to wreak as much havok as possible but gets bored after about an hour. Only two of my nieces play the Sims but neither are die-hard simmers, like me. They have lives though and I don't 🤣.

I'm far from a master sim maker as well, but I like my sims and that's all that matters. I rarely make "evil" sims but I do tend to make my sims have one "negative" trait, such as clumsy or something like that.

I love that you and your daughter play the game together. I'm the only one in my household that plays the Sims. My sons aren't too into it. My oldest likes TS2 the best because he can build/restore a car. My youngest likes to wreak as much havok as possible but gets bored after about an hour. Only two of my nieces play the Sims but neither are die-hard simmers, like me. They have lives though and I don't 🤣.

Sometimes I think we enjoy creating Sims as much as we enjoy playing the game. Sim-making is almost always a team effort. I usually "drive," since the game is on my laptop, but Z is usually seated on the couch beside me, and we work together on just about every step in the process. "His eyes look weird with that face. Try those instead," she'll say. Or "She's got a cottage core thing going. Find that jacket and sweater...no, the other one...the green looks really good on her." My wife will join in, too, but usually The Sims is a dad-daughter "thing." All three of us do things together, and Z and her mom have always shared a lot of pastimes. As Z is getting older (she's 12), our list of "things" is getting shorter. Soccer and, now, the Sims are at the top of the list.

I'm thinking about posting some of our creations--the ones Z likes the best--on the Gallery and, perhaps, creating a thread about them here. I don't want to seem too much of a showoff, though; I don't want to come across as shouting "Hey, look how amazing I am at making Sims!"
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Sometimes I think we enjoy creating Sims as much as we enjoy playing the game. Sim-making is almost always a team effort. I usually "drive," since the game is on my laptop, but Z is usually seated on the couch beside me, and we work together on just about every step in the process. "His eyes look weird with that face. Try those instead," she'll say. Or "She's got a cottage core thing going. Find that jacket and sweater...no, the other one...the green looks really good on her." My wife will join in, too, but usually The Sims is a dad-daughter "thing." All three of us do things together, and Z and her mom have always shared a lot of pastimes. As Z is getting older (she's 12), our list of "things" is getting shorter. Soccer and, now, the Sims are at the top of the list.

I'm thinking about posting some of our creations--the ones Z likes the best--on the Gallery and, perhaps, creating a thread about them here. I don't want to seem too much of a showoff, though; I don't want to come across as shouting "Hey, look how amazing I am at making Sims!"

My sons take very little interest in the Sims, they're 17 & 13. But we all get together and play Minecraft or Call of Duty together. It's hard these days to find a multi-player game for us all to play together. We're a gaming family though, so even though we're not playing the same games we're together.

I doubt anyone would see you as a "show-off" if you shared your stuff. I saw your post about Mary Elizabeth, and it seemed like a couple simmers were excited. That's how I found out about her actually. If you want to share, share. Someone is bound to like your stuff. I've found this community to be fairly supportive.
  • SugarGhostieSugarGhostie Posts: 1 New Member
    I have just found and am currently exploring this save file. I just HAD to come back to say HOLY COW!!! This is SO beautiful and perfect. Thank you so very much for your continued hard work. The attention to detail and variety of families is really something. I can't wait to make a family to drop into your world. Thank you thank you thank you!! :)
    I have just found and am currently exploring this save file. I just HAD to come back to say HOLY COW!!! This is SO beautiful and perfect. Thank you so very much for your continued hard work. The attention to detail and variety of families is really something. I can't wait to make a family to drop into your world. Thank you thank you thank you!! :)

I'm glad you like it. Enjoy! :)
  • CurlyfryCurlyfry Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm so sorry to be annoying but I have been through all these pages and literally can't find the link to your save file anywhere. It looks so beautiful and I'd love to have it in my game <3
    @Curlyfry wrote: »
    I'm so sorry to be annoying but I have been through all these pages and literally can't find the link to your save file anywhere. It looks so beautiful and I'd love to have it in my game <3

No need to apologize. They're in the first post on the first page (in blue).
    Just a little update on the save files:

I'm currently moving all of the houses and households to a fresh save. Nothing major will change though. All of the houses and households will still be in there. The slot numbers will still be the same. I just wanted to start fresh to avoid bloat and/or corruption. Both saves have never had a fresh start since I finished them.

The only changes I may make is the starting season, as I'm personally getting tired of starting in the Spring. Also, I may add a few new clubs.

I do have a question for everyone though. Do you like Foundry Cove as it currently is (townhouses) or would you prefer that neighborhood to go back to being the starter neighborhood? In my personal game, I made it a starter neighborhood and wanted to get everyone's opinions.
  • KC_13KC_13 Posts: 15 New Member
    Hello, this is really amazing, I've been looking for a new save with everything redone because now I have all the content and I'm just curious, what the difference is between version 5 & version 6 of the saves? Also, the "Random Rotation Choices" you mentioned is just a list of who you've put where right?

Thanks! :)
    edited February 2022
    @KC_13 wrote: »
    Hello, this is really amazing, I've been looking for a new save with everything redone because now I have all the content and I'm just curious, what the difference is between version 5 & version 6 of the saves? Also, the "Random Rotation Choices" you mentioned is just a list of who you've put where right?

Thanks! :)

Hi! The differences of versions are the packs. Version 5 is all worlds up to (and including) Mt. Komorebi (Snowy Escape), Version 6 is all worlds up to (and including) Henford-on-Bagley (Cottage Living). I always leave the previous version up for those who haven't (or don't plan to) get the newest pack. If you have all the packs up to Cottage Living you will download version 6 of either the populated or non-populated versions.

The Random Rotation are all of the sims in all worlds. It was a little challenge I made to help anyone who doesn't know where to start. You use a random number generator. All worlds and households have a corresponding number. Whatever number you roll, you play that world and that household. It's just a way to explore households you may overlook otherwise.

I hope that helps...and makes sense. :)
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Hi! The differences of versions are the packs. Version 5 is all worlds up to (and including) Mt. Komorebi (Snowy Escape), Version 6 is all worlds up to (and including) Henford-on-Bagley (Cottage Living). I always leave the previous version up for those who haven't (or don't plan to) get the newest pack. If you have all the packs up to Cottage Living you will download version 6 of either the populated or non-populated versions.
    >
    > The Random Rotation are all of the sims in all worlds. It was a little challenge I made to help anyone who doesn't know where to start. You use a random number generator. All worlds and households have a corresponding number. Whatever number you roll, you play that world and that household. It's just a way to explore households you may overlook otherwise.
    >
    > I hope that helps...and makes sense. :)

Oh, I just thought the worlds/packs people didn't have wouldn't come up but thank you for clarifying!

And thanks for clarifying about the Random Rotation. It sounds like something I might try!
    KC_13 wrote: »
    Oh, I just thought the worlds/packs people didn't have wouldn't come up but thank you for clarifying!

And thanks for clarifying about the Random Rotation. It sounds like something I might try!

I think it works how you said. You might get a little pop-up that says something like Some items have been replaced. I don't use pack-specific items for the worlds that came with the pack. You might find houses/households in the basegame worlds with Cats & Dogs items, for instance.

When the next pack with a world comes out, Version 5 will be removed and I'll add Version 7 (which will be the newest pack/world). So you'll still be able to download Version 6 until Version 7 is considered the "old" version. Make sense?

Enjoy the save, and if you try the Random Rotation, you'll be the first (that I'm aware of). If you decide to play with any of my households, let me know what's going on your world. I love hearing about how others interpret my stories.
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > I think it works how you said. You might get a little pop-up that says something like Some items have been replaced. I don't use pack-specific items for the worlds that came with the pack. You might find houses/households in the basegame worlds with Cats & Dogs items, for instance.
    >
    > When the next pack with a world comes out, Version 5 will be removed and I'll add Version 7 (which will be the newest pack/world). So you'll still be able to download Version 6 until Version 7 is considered the "old" version. Make sense?
    >
    > Enjoy the save, and if you try the Random Rotation, you'll be the first (that I'm aware of). If you decide to play with any of my households, let me know what's going on your world. I love hearing about how others interpret my stories.

I'll be sure to let you know! I might add one of my own households and then merge mine with yours. Do your households have careers attached to them? Or any skills? If not, I'll most likely add careers and such to give it a more fleshed-out feel. :smiley:
    @KC_13 wrote: »
    > I'll be sure to let you know! I might add one of my own households and then merge mine with yours. Do your households have careers attached to them? Or any skills? If not, I'll most likely add careers and such to give it a more fleshed-out feel. :smiley:

Yes, they all have skills, careers, and relationships. Every household also starts out with just 5,000 simoleons.
    @SweetieWright_84
    I've checked out your households more thoroughly (rn I'm adding body hair via cc to all the teen+ guys because I feel like they need it haha) but I'm so glad you included little summaries of each household because that will definitely determine what I do with them. I do also plan to keep you updated on what I choose to do, but I'm not a full member and I don't think that this is the right place for it. So once I'm able to, if you'd like, I'll create a new thread or message you (if that's possible?)
    Thanks again for the great save!! :) <3
  • MrsSteepdeneMrsSteepdene Posts: 20 Member
    I spotted your question about the town houses in Foundry Cove. I would like to see some starter houses there please or maybe one empty lot, just for those times I fancy starting with one of my own sims.
    I spotted your question about the town houses in Foundry Cove. I would like to see some starter houses there please or maybe one empty lot, just for those times I fancy starting with one of my own sims.

I've found that I enjoy playing with starter houses in that neighborhood more than playing in the Townhouses.

In the populated save, they'll probably still be full but you can always evict the sims living there.

Thanks answering. 😊
    edited February 2022
    Another little update on the save file:

I'm really busy this week so I won't be getting the new pack (My Wedding Stories) on release day. At the earliest, it will be Saturday. So my updated save files won't be available for probably another week, maybe 2, depending on how much inspiration I get to build.

Edit: It looks like MWS has been pushed back a week, so nevermind.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • ZakaryyZakaryy Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey I love your save file but I've noticed that 80% of the lots don't have lot traits, some do and some don't? this is in the populated save.
    and all the lots don't have any lore attached, like there's no backstory to any of the lots. They all just say "created by @SweetieWright_84"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top