Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Titles. Is Merchant and Shop keeper the same?

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
I built the Market and created a sim I wanted to be the Merchant, but she has the title Shop Keeper. I have not got any Quest for playing her yet, but she was married to the Monarch and they have some children. I expected her to get a royal title when marrying and even moving into to castle, but she still works as the Store keeper. Is there any way to make her a Lady (eventually a Queen), will that be possible with some leveling?

I'm also a bit confused that the Monarch still holds the title Lord. Is this because he was not born a Prince, and the King title won't show up unless his son takes over as this Hero?

With the Noble pack added, I was expecting a way for the Monarch to hand out titles like Baron etc. But I see no noble titles a all, bar the Monarch being Lord. Did I expect too much? Or will noble titles be possible when the Monarch gets to a higher level? He is at 6 or 7 at the moment.

I enjoy this game very much, just realized that the community will grow beyond adding the Hero locations, just got the city walls and it's so cool seeing the place getting more busy :)
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I see this forum is not very active 10 years after release, LOL. Well, I figured Shopkeeper is just an early level title in the Merchant career. Still would like to have the Merchant replaced though, hopefully there is an option to rearrange these things in the free play mode...?
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited November 2021
    Shopkeeper is the title for the first 4 levels of the merchant hero class (until level 5 when their title becomes Trader [Sim Name]) and I don't think these can change based on marriage but as I have never had one of my heroes marry another I cannot be sure.
    I'm also a bit confused that the Monarch still holds the title Lord. Is this because he was not born a Prince, and the King title won't show up unless his son takes over as this Hero?

IIRC the monarch's title changes based on the amount of annexed territories, not their hero level. Their epithet changes with the hero level
    for example, my monarch's full name is Emperor Prosper the Illustrious because he has annexed at least 4 territories and is level 10 monarch.

With the Noble pack added, I was expecting a way for the Monarch to hand out titles like Baron etc. But I see no noble titles a all, bar the Monarch being Lord. Did I expect too much? Or will noble titles be possible when the Monarch gets to a higher level? He is at 6 or 7 at the moment.

The Monarch cannot hand out noble titles as far as I know.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Ah, thanks! Not sure why I expected the Monarch to always be a King. Seems a bit weird that it changes though, but yeah, in a game it might make sense, somehow ;)