Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Library of Magic - GlacierSnow's entry for October 2021 Blueprint Build Challenge

GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
This is my entry for the October 2021 Blueprint Build Challenge (BB24). I used the shell provided by @AlJay and decided I was more inspired to make a library than a house this time. :lol:

Lot Name: Library of Magic
Lot Type: Library
My name on the Gallery: GhostofNobody

Link to lot on Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C82B427F34F511EC81B57DB6A3FFB678?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=#BB24&max=50&maxis=false

Note: I originally tried to put magic tomes in the bookshelves so it could be a proper place to study magic, but found that when the lot is uploaded and then placed again, the bookshelves revert to the default selection of library books. However, once the lot is placed, if you want the library to have magical books, you can add them via the debug/live edit cheats. Simply place the tomes anywhere and once you return to live mode, the librarian will put them away on the shelves. After that, you can go through loading screens traveling to and from the library and the magic books will remain in the library collection, as long as you don't upload and re-place the lot.

The library's story:

The Circle of Sages, Vampire High Council, and League of Misunderstood Mythological Monsters are delighted to announce the grand opening of Glimmerbrook's new Library of Magic. The refurbishment of Lord Lycan and Lady Sanguina's old manor home has been a collaborative project of the three groups and has been made possible by generous donations from the Straud and Ember estates.

BB24-S-01.jpg

The grounds and pond, beloved of Lord Lycan, have been lovingly restored to their original state, reflecting his preference for simple and natural environments.

BB24-S-02.jpg

All three floors of the house have been converted into a library for public use and enjoyment.

BB24-S-03.jpg

BB24-S-04.jpg

BB24-S-05.jpg

Walking though the front entrance, visitors will find a relaxing and elegant environment in which to read, study, and research the magical and mystical arts.

BB24-S-06.jpg

BB24-S-07.jpg

(more pictures coming)
Forum-Banner-01.jpg
Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    The ground floor, which was badly damaged in floods seven years ago, has been completely restored. The original decor chosen by Lady Sanguina has been replicated as closely as possible, though changes have of course been made to create a functional and inviting library. Lady Sanguina's portrait is on display along with her favorite dollhouse, donated by the Sanguina Antiques Museum in Forgotten Hollow.

BB24-S-08.jpg

BB24-S-09.jpg

The main floor also houses much of the library's extensive book collection, a group study area, and a cozy nook for playing chess.

BB24-S-10.jpg

BB24-S-11.jpg

BB24-S-12.jpg

BB24-S-13.jpg

(more pictures coming)
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    In honor of Lady Sanguina's love of children, the original dressing chambers have been converted into a delightful children's corner.

BB24-S-14.jpg

Here, young visitors to the library will find many forms of entertainment, including a children's book collection and toys...

BB24-S-15.jpg

... reading nooks designed to spark the imagination...

BB24-S-16.jpg

BB24-S-17.jpg

... and access to play with Lady Sanguina's beautiful dollhouse.

BB24-S-18.jpg

Those adventurous tykes who explore behind the secret door...

BB24-S-19.jpg

... will find the perfect hideaway for reading scary stories.

BB24-S-20.jpg

BB24-S-21.jpg

(more pictures coming)
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    The Purple Parlor was Lady Sanguina's favorite reading room. Fortunately, out of all the ground floor, it was the least damaged and we have been able to restore it nearly to its original condition.

BB24-S-22.jpg

The Library of Magic, of course, has modern research amenities such as our state of the art computer room with both mundane and magical internet connections...

BB24-S-23.jpg

BB24-S-24.jpg

BB24-S-25.jpg

And the research room on the second floor, featuring university quality research machines for those who wish to intensely improve their skills.

BB24-S-26.jpg

BB24-S-27.jpg

(more pictures coming)
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    The second floor needed only light restoration. So, much of the furniture and decor is as it originally was when Lord Lycan used these rooms for his business and personal connections.

BB24-S-28.jpg

BB24-S-29.jpg

Visitors exploring the second floor will find quiet places to read and study in Lord Lycan's parlor and his favorite solitude room.

BB24-S-30.jpg

BB24-S-31.jpg

Lord Lycan, by all family accounts, was fascinated by alchemy, potion making, and all forms of mixology. The workroom and storage cupboard of his personal apothecary have been restored to a functional condition and may be used by library visitors to learn about these traditional arts.

BB24-S-32.jpg

BB24-S-33.jpg

BB24-S-34.jpg

The back corner of the second floor, the original use of which is somewhat unclear, has been thoroughly cleaned and refurbished as an elegant conference room for groups wishing to hold private meetings.

BB24-S-35.jpg

(more pictures coming)
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    For visitors who want to engage in some more intense potion making practice, the uppermost floor, originally an attic, has been complete renovated into a comfortable potions workshop. Please feel free to use the large size cauldrons at any time, but be courteous of other guests when you find them already in use.

BB24-S-36.jpg

BB24-S-37.jpg

BB24-S-38.jpg

BB24-S-39.jpg

Many of Lord Lycan and Lady Sanguina's personal treasures are on display throughout the Library of Magic, courtesy of the Sanguina Antiques Museum, Straud Estate, and Lycan family.

BB24-S-40.jpg

BB24-S-41.jpg

BB24-S-42.jpg

BB24-S-43.jpg

(more pictures coming)
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Don't worry! The fixtures in the restrooms only look vintage. The plumbing has been completely modernized for the comfort and convenience of all library visitors.

BB24-S-44.jpg

BB24-S-45.jpg

BB24-S-46.jpg

And library staff keep all corners of the library clean and sanitary.

BB24-S-47.jpg

The importance of night time spellwork and nocturnal visitors is recognized and celebrated, so the Library of Magic will be open 24 hours a day.

BB24-S-48.jpg

Be sure to wander the grounds as well to see the fireflies which display their mesmerizing lights around the pond and flowers.

BB24-S-49.jpg

And as a final thought, some of you may have heard a rumor that the portraits of Lord Lycan and Lady Sanguina do creepy things when you aren't looking. This is, of course, completely false.

BB24-S-50.jpg

They do the creepy things when you are looking. :wink: Why else would they bother?

We hope to see you all soon at the Library of Magic!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The Library of Magic is so very lovely! :) You have designed and furnished it so very well! It is so very detailed! Each area and room is so very nice! Your tour of the builds is very great to read! You have written it so very well, and the photos are great! Very lovely exterior design, interior furnishings,pretty outdoors flowers and very nice pond! :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Absolutely stunning @GlacierSnow! Such a creative and unusual idea!
    Thank you so much @rosemow and @JojoMOMSTER !
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    This is so nice!!
    Thank you! I'm glad you like it.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    This is amazing @GlacierSnow I love the backstory.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
    I'm glad you enjoyed it @joRN1414 . Thanks for reading!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg