Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about kits now 6 months later?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Kinda dislike the idea of kits
    I thought they were kind of a fun idea originally, as a way to get bite-sized bits of gameplay on a regular basis. Since then, they have not been released regularly, and there has been no more gameplay, so I've lost interest in kits.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    Still not buying them.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    I was very excited at first. I have some disposable income so I said sure, $5, what could go wrong?? Yeah right. I still like the idea of kits, just depends on the content. If it is any more interactive stuff, count me out. I was actually excited about vaccums, not anymore. :s If it is decor, depending on the genre, sure, if it looks good I buy it. No more gameplay in kits please.

Edit because I really do know English.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I went from overwhelmingly positive to slightly negative, but only for personal reasons. Getting only the gameplay objects for 5 euro, without all the tacked on CAS and Buildbuy that would blow the price to a full 10 euro SP, sounded like a good deal. Too bad that the Dusting Kit was received so badly and they shy away from doing more gameplay kits now. That makes the concept useless for me.
    If you're on console (and thus can't dl cc) or have a larger entertainment budget, then kits are probably still nice.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I was not a fan when the kits first came out and I'm still not. The content in the packs just look like low quality recolors of what we have such as the 90s pack I actually wanted 80/90s clothing in the game but never as the horrible styles they push all ankle pants in different flamboyant colors just gross.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ikirkleyikirkley Posts: 21 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I think it's nice to have the option to add some more varied content in a bite-sized package. I liked and bought the Country Kitchen kit and enjoy it because it brought some new looks to kitchen designs. Plus, you can get that country charm without having to go all-in on Cottage Living. I'm leaning toward the Bust the Dust kit (if it goes on sale, would be incentive), as it would complement the Laundry Day stuff pack (which I love, we need more household everyday objects).
  • ikirkleyikirkley Posts: 21 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    Oh, and @LittleFox2, yes I use a broom.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Other
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Why do folks even want a broom? Do folks still use brooms IRL? Why would anyone even own a broom with all the choices of vacuums on the market. I'm joking by the way or am I. :p

I have a kitchen broom. Nice fella so he is.
    The great thing about a broom is that it’s not only excellent for cleaning, but due to its light weight you can also use it to quickly ward off intruders. PLUS it is of course one of the best transportation devices out there.

Folks often look at me funny whenever I try to ride around in my Dyson. Where I live flying brooms are still the most common mode of alternative transportation so I can totally understand.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    Why do folks even want a broom? Do folks still use brooms IRL? Why would anyone even own a broom with all the choices of vacuums on the market. I'm joking by the way or am I. :p

I have a kitchen broom. Nice fella so he is.
    The great thing about a broom is that it’s not only excellent for cleaning, but due to its light weight you can also use it to quickly ward off intruders. PLUS it is of course one of the best transportation devices out there.

Folks often look at me funny whenever I try to ride around in my Dyson. Where I live flying brooms are still the most common mode of alternative transportation so I can totally understand.

Plus brooms are cheaper than bicycles.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Neutral
    Kits aren't my thing, & just personally I think they're overpriced (in AUD at least); however, I know some people really like them so I'm not gonna harsh anyone's squee for something that really is innocuous.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Neutral
    Meh.. they could be good, except they all just seem to be assets held back from other dlc..

We’ve had plenty of multicultural items patched in for free (the Moroccan kit), the country living EP is lacking in gameplay and comes with bunnies anyway (bust the dust and obviously the kitchen kit), the spa day refresh would have easily housed the retro cas kit… like it’s just spreading dlc out as thin as possible at this point.. 🙄

I mean I still bought all the kits but they could be better, and not just missing items from other packs.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Neutral
    Also.. the where is quality control..? The kitchen kits wall cupboard assets don’t align which just makes for awkward placement. I feel they were rejected assets for cottage living..

And people are complaining about the btd gameplay being buggy.. like Eugh c’mon now.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Pointless and useless.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • NathanANathanA Posts: 39 Member
    I'm still salty that we have to buy a kit for vacuums. That should've come with parenthood.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Neutral
    I'll take it or leave it. If I'm not inspired by the content a kit has I won't buy it. And for the kits I am interested in there's no way on earth that I'm buying them at full price.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I think they're great. I was only interested in btd and the workout wear kits. I use those 2 the most. Then I got country kit for the clutter and extra variety for my houses in HoB. I'd love a kit with more sleepwear and swim suits.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Neutral
    I view them the same way I did the Sims 2 and Sims 3 stores, it's additional content and I'll buy it if I'm interested. I did end up buying a couple. They were about the same price as a nice cup of coffee out but last longer than an hour.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    Like the idea of kits but so far I haven't been too impressed. Only 1 gameplay kit,3 build buy kits and 1 cas kits. Kits haven't blown me away yet. Now if they make a Pool Kit I'd be blown away but that would probably be more suited for a Stuffpack. I'd love to see a Sleep Wear Kit since we're lacking in that area.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    For me the kit idea is too expensive for an few items when the price is cost to an Stuff pack and another way to nickel dime me which I will not open my wallet. I have not brought one since they came out and no spells that EA/Maxis cast will get me to indulge.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I like the kits. I do not own all of them, but the ones I do have, I use often.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Kinda like the idea of kits
    They're just extra stuff I don't feel like I need to have. I don't see anything wrong with it, and if I do see something I think I'll enjoy I'll buy it. Not everything has to be super complicated, I personally feel like some people are taking this way out of proportion for something that costs $5. 🤷‍♀️ It's two or three packs of gum.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Like the idea of kits
    I like the idea, but so far none of them have met any of my needs. I used to purchase from The Store in the Sims 3 days because I could find specific items, sets, and even worlds to match my game. I view kits as the Sims 4 version of that. They just haven’t presented anything I want yet.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Kinda like the idea of kits
    Personally I like KITs because I can add something new for the game if I want, but it is not necessary to have a fun. In my opinion KITs should include more amount of objects and swatches because currently I feel that existing KITs are unfinished. What about price... Yes KITs can be cheaper but ~5 euro is sometime less than we spent in a McD or for coffee.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I am not interested in them, and they are the only packs that I have not purchased. I would rather the team focus on stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs. The idea of kits just seems like a quick cash grab. It's just not worth it IMO.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Dislike the idea of kits
    I wish they'd release less BB kits. It's really starting to our me on them since I don't build.