Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear little sims..... #2

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    L00NYL0V3 wrote: »
    Dear Little Sims in Committed Romantic Relationships,

What is *wrong* with you that makes you start flirting with NPCs? You just went on a date with your significant other, whom you adore. You don't actually *know* the person you're talking to, either, which makes this behavior all the more disconcerting. Honestly, this is worse than the time I tried and failed to bring one of my favorite polyamorous relationships to life. Am I going to have to start deleting innocent NPCs from the game just because you can't control yourselves?

Looking at you, Anthony J. Crowley and Vladislaus Straud...

Back in Sims3 I put a Sim I specifically created in CAS for my Rock Star in the bin. They had just gotten engaged, so he invited her to join his family for Gift Giving Day. What does she do? Flirts with her fiancé's only brother-in-law. Right. In. Front. Of. The. Entire. Family. So, I stuck her in the Bin. She's still there, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Dear Little Sims

It never fails! Every single time my Sim goes through a rabbit hole to work, study or whatever, you call them to hang out or go somewhere. Every. Single. Time. I don't get it.

The Watcher.
  • L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member
    @GalacticGal That's awful! I wish relationships were a bit more in-depth and meaningful. I also really wish polyamory was an option, but that's just me. I don't feel like downloading a mod that could get my account banned just so my favorite relationships can exist. Kinda hurts, honestly.
    edited June 2021
    @GalacticGal That's awful! I wish relationships were a bit more in-depth and meaningful. I also really wish polyamory was an option, but that's just me. I don't feel like downloading a mod that could get my account banned just so my favorite relationships can exist. Kinda hurts, honestly.

I don't believe in Free Love.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal ...Okay? Forget I said anything.
    @GalacticGal ...Okay? Forget I said anything.

No worries, I don't judge nor do I bear grudges. It's all good. ;)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2021

You can always give the sims involved the Player Trait. Using this my multi adult relationships work fine. You can't give them a christian marriage but who cares? There's also a couple settings in MCCC that can help turn off jealousy but I think that effects all sims and not just that particular household.
    The mod I think you are talking about would not get your account banned by the way.
    edited June 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

You can always give the sims involved the Player Trait. Using this my multi adult relationships work fine. You can't give them a christian marriage but who cares? There's also a couple settings in MCCC that can help turn off jealousy but I think that effects all sims and not just that particular household.
    The mod I think you are talking about would not get your account banned by the way.

I tried the Player trait and it backfired horribly, so I've given up on it ever happening. And as for the mod in question, it's probably not worth it for a variety of reasons. I don't trust most mods, and I'm still not exactly clear on what's allowed or not, so for the sake of my anxiety-riddled brain, I'm steering clear. I kinda regret bringing up the topic, honestly.

Edit: I'm sorry for the negativity. I was having a really, really bad day yesterday.
    Post edited by L00NYL0V3 on
    edited June 2021
    Dear Little Sims

You're my Sim's best friend. She always lets you in whenever you showed up uninvited, as you normally do when she's busy doing her homework for the university. And here you are, turning your best friend down when she kindly asks you for just a few drops of your plasma. I'll remember that when her 14 days of "no drinking without consent" is over.

The Watcher
    edited June 2021
    Dear Little Sims

Let me explain something to you. Whenever you come in here and interrupt my Sim, you're breaking her concentration. You're distracting her, and it will then take her time to get back to where she was. Understand?

The Watcher
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    Dear little vampire Sims,

I know you’re a vampire. There’s no need to remind me every two seconds while I’m choosing your clothes. Yes, Lucian Havelock, this means you. If you don’t cooperate, I will have no choice but to leave you in whatever the randomiser decided to give you (and I just had a look at your cold weather outfit- trust me, it’s not pretty.)

Your slightly annoyed Watcher
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • moonmaidenmoonmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Dear Little Sims,
    Please stop placing empty dishes on half walls.
    TS4 Gallery: moonmaiden17
    Discord: moonmaiden#1752
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Dear little Sim,

I understand why a new bride like you might be nervous about hosting the family Winterfest celebration for the first time. I can also understand how watching TV before your in-laws arrive could be relaxing. But why, dear little Sim, did you have to choose the Romance Channel?

Your husband's Dad is a rather handsome man. Your beloved Josh got that chiseled jaw from him. Still, it's not a good idea to prance over to Dad and flirt outrageously as soon as he and his wife walk through the door. And when your mother-in-law becomes upset about this, flirting with her is probably not the best way to ease the tension.

There is a much more appropriate target for your allure, right there in the house with you. And, no, I do not mean Father Winter.

Please take this advice into consideration before your next holiday gathering, or I'll have to turn your autonomy off again.

The Holiday Watcher
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
    @MoonlightGraham That was absolutely delightful. Thank you for my morning chuckle!
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Dear little Sims,

Kindly refrain from just dropping the trash on the floor when you're supposed to be taking it out. Please?

The Watcher (and Cleaning Lady)
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    @MoonlightGraham This reminded of when years ago when Get Together first came out and I sent my favorite couple to the Newal Arms to try out the nightclub. I was concentrating on the hubby because he was talking to a sim from another played household. I heard the woohoo music playing and noticed a couple getting busy on the closet. Much to my horror, the couple that came out were my sims wife and his father. I was shocked, amused and horrified at the same time. Lol
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Dear little Sim,
    Could you watch what you are doing instead of tilting your head in the general direction of another sim? It's creepy as heck!

Thank you.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Dear little sim,
    I know that you love your daughter, which is very nice. But she is all grown up with babies of her own and tasks that need to be done, so she doesn't have time to constantly hang out with you. And no, showing up at her door five times a day is not gonna make her any less busy, all it does is annoy me and surely you wouldn't want it to happen? Remember your husband, who kept ignoring my orders? It's been what, 20 years since he died? Besides, it's winter outside, it can't be comfortable to stand around at cold for hours at the time. So please go home and wait for your daughter to call you.
    The Watcher
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Dear little Sim,
    Could you watch what you are doing instead of tilting your head in the general direction of another sim? It's creepy as heck!

Thank you.

Yes! And then the Sim they're talking to leaves and they stay in that position anyway
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

You can vote for the free love nap if you have the eco pack.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @MoonlightGraham That was absolutely delightful. Thank you for my morning chuckle!
    @GalacticGal Aww, thank you! I'm glad I made you smile. :)

Sadiesue wrote: »
    @MoonlightGraham This reminded of when years ago when Get Together first came out and I sent my favorite couple to the Newal Arms to try out the nightclub. I was concentrating on the hubby because he was talking to a sim from another played household. I heard the woohoo music playing and noticed a couple getting busy on the closet. Much to my horror, the couple that came out were my sims wife and his father. I was shocked, amused and horrified at the same time. Lol
    @Sadiesue Oh, dear. That makes my Sim's flirting seem almost wholesome by comparison. Did they remain your favorite couple...or did they remain a couple at all?
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Lol. No. They didn’t stay together. My memory of what happened after is a little fuzzy but I think I had him divorce her. He knew what they did because he went over to them when they came out and just stood there staring at them. The whole town knew. Everyone in the nightclub saw it. I felt so bad for him. It was so awkward.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Dear little sims,
    1. There are better things to do than use the computer that doesn't belong to you.
    2. The recycler doesn't need cleaning. I can do that, easily.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited September 2021
    Dear little Sims (specifically, Violet Olson),

You have terrible luck with dryers. We learnt this the first time you set yourself on fire trying to do your laundry and your neighbour had to come and extinguish you.

Knowing this, why do you always, without fail, choose dryers that aren’t lint-free?

Do you enjoy being on fire? Are you trying to set a world record? If so, you should probably count this as a success. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another Sim set themselves on fire seven times in two weeks, and I hope I never do.

While it is possible to upgrade “your” dryers - I know a Sim who’s handy enough, and he has the spare parts in his inventory - that would require them to be empty, which they never are, since you’re constantly using them. Do you see the problem here?

At least half of this could easily be avoided if you’d just remember for one second that you don’t live here. Not even close. You live in the Spice District of San Myshuno, but for some unfathomable reason, you like to travel all the way to Britechester just to dry your clothes. Not just anywhere in Britechester, either- the building where two of your neighbour’s closest friends live.

Joey might have saved your life several times, but that’s no excuse to stalk his friends and make your not-so-spontaneous combustion habit their problem. They’re trying to save up for a house, they can’t afford to keep replacing all the dryers you destroy.

Your frustrated Watcher
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    Dear little sims,
    1. There are better things to do than use the computer that doesn't belong to you.
    2. The recycler doesn't need cleaning. I can do that, easily.

Do you have University? If so, you can click on your Sims' computers and lock them specifically for a certain Sim. I have taken as many as seven Sims through university (same Dorm all at the same time). Each has their own laptop. I simply lock them for that Sims' use and while other Sims might sit at the desk, they can't use the laptop. Helpful. Really helpful :)