Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else noticing sim behavior changes?

I am noticing surprising interactions that are making me question my memory.
Mostly while playing my sims in University. More dormies with heartbreak, displays of affection, and public arguments.
It's like I'm being given opportunities for drama with social set ups.

I also had a nice and realistic reaction to flirting.
It was so perfect that I thought it might be a fluke.
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think part of that might be the addition of sentiments and maybe the slight trait updates? Otherwise I’m not sure. I’ve noticed a bit more autonomous drama myself as well.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I wish I could say yes, but no--my Sims are still their predictable selves....
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hey CK, the biggest change I've noticed is when I have a sim with the loner trait, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. I like the loner trait but my "loners" are talky, talky with the "stranger danger" tense mood gets overwhelmed with all the positive ones. Don't get me wrong, this is the best of both worlds in my book. Likes to be alone, but not all the time...I can work with this. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2021
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Hey CK, the biggest change I've noticed is when I have a sim with the loner trait, it doesn't seem to matter anymore. I like the loner trait but my "loners" are talky, talky with the "stranger danger" tense mood gets overwhelmed with all the positive ones. Don't get me wrong, this is the best of both worlds in my book. Likes to be alone, but not all the time...I can work with this. B)

I remember feeling that way with Yuki Behr.
    I noticed it, but still felt like she was still a loner, yet not annoyingly so.

I have pictures of what I experienced from a thread in the feedback forum.
    Perhaps it's because I had a large break from January to July.

My sim had a love triangle a couple of Uni terms back, but now it's only Zane and Meadow Thayer.
    But while at the study table one day, Cassandra Goth flirted with Zane in front of Meadow.
    09-15-21_4-43-09_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Meadow instantly became sad at this.
    09-15-21_5-53-43_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And I thought I had better put an end to this once and for all.
    So I had Zane ask Cassandra if they could just be friends.
    09-15-21_5-54-10_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And Cassandra was like:
    "Okay, Zane. I understand, friends it is."
    Very calmly, no drama. Which I was happy about.
    09-15-21_5-54-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then Meadow gets up and is like:
    09-15-21_5-55-11_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"I really don't appreciate the two of you flirting when I am sitting...right...here.
    It's so... disrespectful!"
    09-15-21_5-55-32_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then she walks off.
    09-15-21_5-55-48_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Afterwards, I felt like there was more to this that you could read into.
    "You know, you should really stop pushing her buttons like that."
    "Yeah, I know, Zane, but I can't help it. It's so much fun."
    09-15-21_5-57-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

It's like they gave me enough evidence to further read into things.
    Or maybe that was just luck.
    I thought Meadow needed to work off that frustration. A few rounds on the punching bag should help as well.
    09-15-21_5-58-21_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

On a side note, there was something else I noticed at Uni.
    I know the dormies have much more of a life than past games. They have love interests and their own group of friends.
    But things seem more dynamic lately. I've notice more of them walking around heart broken, public displays of affection, and even arguments.
    09-15-21_6-00-48_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    09-16-21_10-26-58_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_2-51-03_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-16-21_2-51-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If I was playing someone else, I would steal his girlfriend.
    He isn't treating her right. Perfect opportunity for my sim to slip in there.
    09-16-21_2-52-04_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I feel like they are giving us opportunities for storytelling and drama.
    Like here is a setup for you to take advantage of.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Wow, more realistic reactions with real gameplay impact are high on my wish list, so I hope you're right!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    It’s funny you mention this. I’ve noticed that my sim is refusing actions in his queue more often than usual. I’ve actually found myself saying “Why are you being so stubborn all of a sudden!” Out loud.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited September 2021
    @cyncie I've noticed that, too. I've also seen other Sims refuse to play along with my Sim when he asks them to do something, more often than they used to.

One of them is an accomplished singer. I think he's at level 7, and he has a few karaoke contest victories to his credit. He saw an acquaintance from the neighborhood at Planet Honey Pop! the other game-night. I created her, so I know she's a talented musician and singer, too. I thought they would sound good together, so I had him invite her to sing a duet with him.

The request appeared in his queue, and then it was gone. Apparently she didn't agree.

While I'm here, welcome to the forum!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm not sure actually
    but for example in henford on bagley sims tend to gather to gossip next to my sims house in town as if they know they are being scandalous very scandalous indeed

and i've noticed the sims i am not playing at the moment romancing more autonomously if they have partner

like for example fengs just straight up decided to woohoo to conclude patinas decorating gig and i also notice judith and vlad having some sweet time on the background quite a lot

I think its cute

also i do see lots of epic encounters in the background but i guess thats more just me having added sims 2 premades in my game so I'm always like omg bruh you two making friends? thats unexpected
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    > @MoonlightGraham said:
    > @cyncie I've noticed that, too. I've also seen other Sims refuse to play along with my Sim when he asks them to do something, more often than they used to.
    >
    > One of them is an accomplished singer. I think he's at level 7, and he has a few karaoke contest victories to his credit. He saw an acquaintance from the neighborhood at Planet Honey Pop! the other game-night. I created her, so I know she's a talented musician and singer, too. I thought they would sound good together, so I had him invite her to sing a duet with him.
    >
    > The request appeared in his queue, and then it was gone. Apparently she didn't agree.
    >
    > While I'm here, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome. I actually registered here about 8 years ago. I’ve been reading for information, but not participating in discussions. Now that I have more time to play, I’m ready to chat with my fellow Simmers.

Related to your comment about other Sims not engaging with yours, my Sim was trying to get a friend to be best friends today, and the action got cancelled three times before they finally talked about it. One of them wasn’t so sure, apparently.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I played in a dorm recently (post CoL update) and I noticed quite a few breakup events within the dorm. I had never seen it before. The sim tagged as the bf/gf would do that complainy animation with a broken heart thought bubble. Then they’d leave. So I’m guessing that’s what that was.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Recently I had a sim take his fiance to the park in San Myshuno to get married. She has the noncommital trait and although she accepted his proposal, she kept running away and leaving the lot when I clicked on the wedding arch to marry them. This happened 3 times!