Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The SimGurus should leave social media, and just build the game. The official The Sims account can tweet out trailers and announcements, stop trying to please everyone every time because it’s watering down the game.
    I do agree with that. Social media should be handled by the engagement team instead that well were hired to market the game and handle the community. It just ends up hindering development and depresses the SimGurus which is why bulk of the team doesn't use it thankfully.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Money cheats contribute to inflation :v
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    The SimGurus should leave social media, and just build the game. The official The Sims account can tweet out trailers and announcements, stop trying to please everyone every time because it’s watering down the game.

So much this! I get that having direct player feedback is useful, but when you start trying to please everyone, it becomes overwhelming not just for the gurus but also the fans as well.
    Honestly, I believe that the majority of TS4's problems (mostly the excessive nerf demands) started when the gurus became more active on social media.

They can still do surveys here, and feedback threads like the one they just did - but yeah. Shut the Twitter feeds down except the official Sims account, turn off commenting on its tweet for everyone and just build the game. I’m tired of nerfed features, I’m tired of a lack of spontaneity and zero consequences, I’m tired of the humor being stripped out. If people don’t like the game they can go play something else. The Sims 4 is The Sims 4, not The Sims 1, 2, or 3.

Exactly, they don't really need to interact with the fanbase outside of surveys and announcements. But yeah, it'll be better for their mental if they just turn off from social media.

Couldn't have said that last part better myself, I'm an occult lover, so I'm extremely tired of content I pay for being nerfed because people can't control themselves, I miss the humour, I miss the romantic interactions and all the little touches that make the game feel alive and immersive.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited September 2021
    My recent probably unpopular opinion:

Pose-Packs that customize the household screenshot. I deleted at least 3.
    Don't get me wrong, it's interesting what people use on the gallery, that's awesome! But in game, looking through played and un-played households it was getting really really REALLY bizarre. More bizarre than the 'spaghetti fox', heh! Even the save-game screenshots were doing that.

(I do like pose-packs to use while playing, though I'm avoiding ones that do that now.)

EDIT: Thankfully it fixed everything over a relatively short time after I deleted those pose packs. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Money cheats contribute to inflation :v
    Probably why I have the unpopular opinion of enjoying property taxes and utilities with the billing system. Money tree contributes to inflation too. I actually wouldn't mind a more in-depth tax system in the game especially for income. It would make the game more challenging and realistic.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Special events camera (cutscenes) should've made a comeback in The Sims 4.
    Dunno, they used to make throwing birthday parties seem exciting/fun to me.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »

Agreed.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Kersiexx wrote: »

Agreed.

I like this, despite never playing Sims3.
    Have it as a pop-up, "Watch (situation) cutscene?"
    Have it as options for gameplay settings. "No", "Ask(pop-up)", "Always".
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

edited September 2021
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Agreed.

There was a mini camera in the Sims 1 that had situational cut scenes when burglars, NPCs arrived, or school bus/taxi arrived. It was really nice. Especially with the doorbell cameras now it is a feature that would be relevant now. Option to turn it off depending on save files would be nice too.

Don't get me wrong, it's interesting what people use on the gallery, that's awesome! But in game, looking through played and un-played households it was getting really really REALLY bizarre. More bizarre than the 'spaghetti fox', heh! Even the save-game screenshots were doing that.

(I do like pose-packs to use while playing, though I'm avoiding ones that do that now.)

EDIT: Thankfully it fixed everything over a relatively short time after I deleted those pose packs. :)

Pose packs make it really hard to see the detail of sims tbh, like they're clever don't get me wrong, but sometimes they just hide how bizarre the sims look once you get them into CaS, especially if you intend to play with them if you just so happen to suck at making sims. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Scobre wrote: »

Agreed.

There was a mini camera in the Sims 1 that had situational cut scenes when burglars, NPCs arrived, or school bus/taxi arrived. It was really nice. Especially with the doorbell cameras now it is a feature that would be relevant now. Option to turn it off depending on save files would be nice too.

Omg, I would love for the return of the situational camera, especially for the doors. What with the removal of doorbells in favour of sims knocking. Honestly, I still don't understand that, the knocking is so quiet you don't even hear it. XP

Pose packs make it really hard to see the detail of sims tbh, like they're clever don't get me wrong, but sometimes they just hide how bizarre the sims look once you get them into CaS, especially if you intend to play with them if you just so happen to suck at making sims. :-/

Many pose packs are only for in-game. Some have the CAS stuff, others "pose" for the household pics.
    I still have 2 that do the CAS poses. "Glutton" and "Slob" I think in CAS? But really ,the in-game poses are all that I really like.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    I actually like the Landgraabs.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    The nerfing itself doesn't bother me so much as EA enabling these players does. I worked in retail for three years. Want to get your way? Throw a temper tantrum, and 99% of the time, you'll win. One of my most memorable experiences in retail is a customer who got a 50% discount on a dress because she demanded it. Not because the dress was faulty or had a different price. No, she just wanted a discount, she pitched a fit, she got one. And she did this twice. Makes me wonder why we teach kids not to do it because in my experience, for adults, it works.

The players who buy an occult pack and complain about occults while refusing any and all workarounds? They know what they're doing. They know they'll get their way if enough of them scream at the top of their lungs.

because a good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold.
    I'm sure people don't think highly of people that do that even if they do get what they want
    more for sim kids and more drama please

Unfortunately when I started, the "Landgraabs" kept shutting off my power on my only place as a newb. I went into the Oasis Springs world and found them! Deleted them!

Replaced them with Ebabbits. :D:D

I say 'unfortunately' because I never had a chance to experience those characters.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

Unfortunately when I started, the "Landgraabs" kept shutting off my power on my only place as a newb. I went into the Oasis Springs world and found them! Deleted them!

Replaced them with Ebabbits. :D:D

I say 'unfortunately' because I never had a chance to experience those characters.

This is why eco living is so useful. It has windmills, generators, and solar panels. Raise bugs or recycle trash until you get enough fuel for the generator. Off the grid annoys some Sims, but, hey- you have a lifetime supply of electricity!
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited September 2021
    After this interview and remembering how lilsimsie had such a huge rant about pre-build lots in the strangerville pack.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/with-a-little-help-from-their-friends-how-the-sims-4s-community-has-helped-shape-the-game

I never really cared about how the pre-build lots from EA looked like when a new DLC came out. And i dont really care that Game Changers are making the builds now. In fact i hate too much clutter and unessecary things a sim wont use anyway.
    But sure it is a cool thing to involve the ''Community'' (Game Changers) more, but its not that big of a thing really.
  • LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    If someone doesn’t like a feature in the game then it should be incumbent upon them to mod it out, and not incumbent upon those of us that paid for, or are enjoying it to have mod it back in because it’s been nerfed, uh…I mean “retuned”.
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
    LilyLulu wrote: »
    If someone doesn’t like a feature in the game then it should be incumbent upon them to mod it out, and not incumbent upon those of us that paid for, or are enjoying it to have mod it back in because it’s been nerfed, uh…I mean “retuned”.

Lol i am so tired of the ''Whiny-complainers-ruined-my-Sims-Game-bc-the-almighty-devs- had -to nerf it down talk''

Oh my the nerf talk, that seems to only happen in this forum?!. This is not an unpopular opinion here common... When the Dev Team decides that out of all complains the Vampire nerf was a good idea, or thought that ''yes they have a point lets do that, lets play it safe and sound'' (even though people were rightfully mad and felt betrayed), after the feedback of certain Simmers beeing too scared, then thats on them and there is probaly more reasons to that. Lol i saw what SimguruNinja wrote and are we even suprised?

Its not even suprising that the Vampires got nerfed. Maybe y'all need to see how the sims 4 Base Vanilla Game really is. Its a safe space to express yourself without jugdment and a family friendly go lucky game, where the sims are happy by default.

And other then that... Also tired that threads have to be derailed with the ''you, yes you random customer, you are responsible for the nerf, talk''. Its like going to a positive thoughts thread and disagreeing with everyone over there.
  • LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »

Lol i am so tired of the ''Whiny-complainers-ruined-my-Sims-Game-bc-the-almighty-devs- had -to nerf it down talk''

Oh my the nerf talk, that seems to only happen in this forum?!. This is not an unpopular opinion here common... When the Dev Team decides that out of all complains the Vampire nerf was a good idea, or thought that ''yes they have a point lets do that, lets play it safe and sound'' (even though people were rightfully mad and felt betrayed), after the feedback of certain Simmers beeing too scared, then thats on them and there is probaly more reasons to that. Lol i saw what SimguruNinja wrote and are we even suprised?

Its not even suprising that the Vampires got nerfed. Maybe y'all need to see how the sims 4 Base Vanilla Game really is. Its a safe space to express yourself without jugdment and a family friendly go lucky game, where the sims are happy by default.

And other then that... Also tired that threads have to be derailed with the ''you, yes you random customer, you are responsible for the nerf, talk''. Its like going to a positive thoughts thread and disagreeing with everyone over there.

So…you’re pro removing features that are expressly advertised or promised? It’s cool that players have to add things back to their game with mods after they already paid based on that feature in the pack?
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
    PreCiious wrote: »

So…you’re pro removing features that are expressly advertised or promised? It’s cool that players have to add things back to their game with mods after they already paid based on that feature in the pack?

I mean no, but at the end of the day the devs or maybe Maxis/EA are. Shows you how much of a quality game the Sims 4 really is lol.

I mean where are these smarter Sims that they advertised from the beginning. Where are these Sims with deep emotions?

But i guess it is what it is... Modders do be carrying this game on their back.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Yep. They nerf alright! They even went as far as to remove (might aswell say obliterate) a staple of the franchise since TS1: Constant environement score.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top