Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if Sims 5 was like this?

the-sims-5-release-date-rumors.jpghttps://www.feedride.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/the-sims-5-release-date-rumors.jpg

Too much? Personally I'm not sure I want my sims looking this realistic, but hey, it's got to be as good as Paralives. Although I'm not sure EA would go the whole Final Fantasy style.

Comments

• PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    > @Vanesa1118 said:
    > I personally love the cartoonish look that we have in The Sims 4. If 5 would be this realistic, it would take away what makes the sims, sims. You know?

I agree with this. If sims looked like in the photo I think it would creep me out haha. Their cartoonish looks, language and body language go together so well and it is what makes me adore them.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    The forum here seems pretty divided when it comes to the look for the sims5, some want more realistic graphics, other people want it to be more cartoony.

I wouldn't mind a more realistic look for the sims5, I would prefer if they no longer have any clay hair at least and for them to have more detailed eyebrows, not just a black line. And I do feel that we need more detailed skin complexion, we can't do much in the sims 4 except adding some freckles if we want skin details.

But I don't see any need to make them super realistic.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I Say NO to Sims that would look like the guy in the p[cture of OP's post.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited September 2021
    I would just be happy if Create a Style returns.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I'll stick to Sims 4.
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    I mean I don't know, I'd normally say I prefer how TS4 Sims look...
    but then again, I was one of those people who said TS3 sims looked better when this one first got released.

Granted, I sometimes CC the cartoonish look away
    I do not trust my taste LOL
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'd rather they stick to somewhat cartoonish sim designs. It's a little weird having sims do some bizarre, dangerous or sensual interactions if they are super realistic. Plus, I'd be worried about people (wether devs or players) then finding out the game is too heavy and slow, and the worlds, autonomy or complexity of gameplay suffering for it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think the guy in the OP's picture looks sick. Hope TS5 sims don't look like him. :lol:
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Vanesa1118 wrote: »
    I personally love the cartoonish look that we have in The Sims 4. If 5 would be this realistic, it would take away what makes the sims, sims. You know?

Me too!! I like to make my sims extra cartoony-cute most of the time, and how would I do that with realistic graphics?
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    With how some of the deaths are? No thanks. I'll keep my cartoons.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love TS4’s cartoony look, but I also think it would be fun for TS5 to be super realistic looking.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I wouldn’t mind having a more realistic look to sims in sims 5, but I especially hope the gameplay is more in depth.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The sims has it's own art style, this style of graphics isn't very sims-esque and wouldn't fit in a sims game in my opinion. I'm hoping for more realism but not like this, I think they can definitely find ways of making the game more realistic, whilst still keeping "the sims" look. I think too often the graphics wants are reduced to creepy ultra realism vs dolls, but what we need imo is a blend of the two, this kind of style:
    04-28-21-4-32-48-PM.png
    02-15-21-7-10-54-PM.png
    (next to regular sims 4 sims look for reference)
    04-28-21-7-51-35-PM.png
    02-15-21-4-52-39-PM.png
    02-11-21-3-02-36-PM.png
    02-06-21-10-45-19-PM.png
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don't know. Are deaths going to look that real as well?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The sims has it's own art style, this style of graphics isn't very sims-esque and wouldn't fit in a sims game in my opinion. I'm hoping for more realism but not like this, I think they can definitely find ways of making the game more realistic, whilst still keeping "the sims" look. I think too often the graphics wants are reduced to creepy ultra realism vs dolls, but what we need imo is a blend of the two, this kind of style:
    04-28-21-4-32-48-PM.png
    02-15-21-7-10-54-PM.png
    (next to regular sims 4 sims look for reference)
    04-28-21-7-51-35-PM.png
    02-15-21-4-52-39-PM.png
    02-11-21-3-02-36-PM.png
    02-06-21-10-45-19-PM.png

I do agree that The Sims could handle slightly more realistic textures than we have now, though I'd want it about half way between what we have now and those, just because the baked in highlights and shadows in those examples, while necessary for game level textures to have any sort of smooth performance, are a little strong for my tastes, and it's most often that sort of lighting discrepancy that breaks in to the uncanny valley, at least for me. (remembering that the sides of the uncanny valley are actually variable from person to person and not universal.)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I LOVE the look of Sims 4. It is the perfect style for me. I prefer a stylized look. I think more realistic looks are better suited for another game or media.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I like it.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm still happy with TS4. I wouldn't throw this whole look out but I'd need to see the whole game. I'm on the fence about whether I'd go to TS5. I do know I'll plan to keep playing with the game I have certainly for a while. I mean, I've had it going a while now. I like the refreshing of TS4. They could even rename it if they want as long as I could keep the sims I established.

If TS5 is gorgeous, has great features and importantly, appeals to me and how I want to play, of course I'll consider it. I like continuing with what I've got going and I'm happy for them to make accommodations that appeal to more players especially if it doesn't involve abandoning my own game. If anything, they need multiple ways to play. The actual graphics aren't a big deal. I just wouldn't want to go more cartoony than we have and there's a level that is "too real" for me. For this one, I'd need to see what the housing and world looks like.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    I'd like a more realistic look, but I'm worried that if we got realistic I'd miss the cartoon look. The Sims 3 was my favorite out of the franchise and I love the graphics of the whole game except the look of the sims. The sims in The Sims 3 is the only reason I don't play it anymore. I do love the sims look in the Sims 4 though, it's my favorite so far.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I don't want a cartoon style in 5 especially since we just had it in 4, but I definitely don't want something so realistic. It just feels uncomfortable to me. Super realistic sims can look good in pictures but seeing them move around just feels off.
    JaiSea wrote: »
    I'd like a more realistic look, but I'm worried that if we got realistic I'd miss the cartoon look. The Sims 3 was my favorite out of the franchise and I love the graphics of the whole game except the look of the sims. The sims in The Sims 3 is the only reason I don't play it anymore. I do love the sims look in the Sims 4 though, it's my favorite so far.
    I'm sure you've seen all the wonderful Sims 3 cc out there. There's really stuff for any style, soo you may not like mine so much, but here's some of my born in game sims. They're from the same family I swear all my sims don't look the same!
    Ryw1z25.jpgPPimsFe.jpgjEb0ppj.jpg2Z3tpvf.jpg
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I think a more realistic/cartoony approach would be gaming changing especially with the current skin textures and depth.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited September 2021
    Personally not fan of realistic style.
    It just ages so fast like the second something more realistic comes around whole game feels outdated

also I just feel like the so called "realism" in video games is often just another type of unrealistic because you can never get it perfectly right and then it just looks freakish parody of reality

also this particular picture? too dang anime for sims. like don't get me wrong i like anime but this just doesn't suit sims
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    The trouble with Realistic is that it ages as graphics advance - and of course there's always the risk of the Uncanny Valley. Sims 3 could be a bit creepy sometimes.

Graphics cards are getting ever better, but we'll need 16k graphics cards for true photorealism. In the meantime, the slightly cartoony style will do fine, as long as they get the lights right.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2021
    Make that a little more cartoonish and I would be fine with it
    the-sims-5-release-date-rumors.jpg

The Sims 4 is pretty close to what I want, but it could be just a little more realistic and detailed for my tastes.
    I experimented how far I would push it using The Sims 4 and CC.

Basically, more detail to the eyes: eyelashes, irises, sharp eyeliner with smoother curves. Eye brows that look like growing hair, not something painted on. More skin details to lips, but very subtle detail to face skin textures. There should be blush effects, freckles and beauty marks, but they should be controlled by the simmer.
    09-20-15_7-55_AM-2.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This is alpha hair, but it's not as stringy as most alpha hairs you see. There should be evidence of a few strands of hair, but no more than two or three visible at a time. This hair is also more cartoonish than realistic.
    08-01-15_9-10_PM-2.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This is alpha hair, but it looks more like a clay/alpha hybrid.
    I wouldn't mind clay if they could find a way to show a few individual strands.
    Actually EA has stepped up their clay-hair game lately. Clay 2.0 could be interesting.
    05-23-15_11-24_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Ignore the cat sim, but look at her thighs.
    They need to fix that. Sims 5 should have more detailed body meshes. No angular thighs in 2025. (Rhymes with thighs.)
    01-30-16_7-49-25_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

We also have to consider their world.
    More realistic sims require a more realistic world.
    I found myself turning to TS2 and TS3 textures for TS4.

That yellow cottage cheese looking carpet in the center is TS4 base game carpeting.
    The surrounding carpet is from The Sims 2.
    10-02-15_12-24-58_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Pavement from TS2 and grass from TS3.
    08-23-16_7-29-32_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am not a fan of TS4's moss grass, so I replaced it.
    This isn't the best either, but I'll take it.
    08-27-16_11-33-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

CC trees on the left, a TS4 tree on the right.
    08-28-16_6-36-20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Seasons was problematic with my CC tree replacements, so I had to remove some.
    I need to check if someone fixed the issue, but I really prefer this.
    Also, I like Windenburg's clouds, but Willow Creeks clouds are way too cartoonish.
    08-28-16_6-06-57_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

As far as build objects go, I find TS4's build/buy too thick and blocky and textures too subtle or washed out.
    Most of the content I add in is to reduce the doll house aesthetic.
    09-05-16_12-23-10_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

More texture and more thin objects to contrast with thick.
    Plus less blocky meshed objects. I want bricks that look like manufactured bricks instead of a wall painting of bricks.
    Also the new lighting TS4 added a few years later helped a lot with realism.
    09-11-16_3-56-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I don't believe TS5 needs to be a dramatic shift towards realism.
    It can be a small shift. TS4 is almost there. I hope EA spends more time and money on game play than the look.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds