Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one of the following do you want in a future update or patch?

Which one of the following do you want in a future update or patch? 115 votes

the ability to bypass the CAS screen when you create a new save file
17%
GalacticGalOolonglongrudolphaimhappyMaryVanntaydevSimplyToriblueyblueskySweetieWright_84fiercephoenix91MaggieMarleyVentusMattSimmer_chiyenMonaveilNorthDakotaGamernetney52MeowchaFrappeCalico45PixilatedGirlFromIpanema 20 votes
the ability to create a brand-new empty save file with no Sims and all empty Lots
7%
Mstybl95SikoahGraceHarukotyanJackOnYourBackgarapoesCaprianaBAaleynVeeDubACruelButLovingGod 9 votes
decorative and functional vehicles, as well as toy vehicles for kids
20%
alexspoom13BittersweetMelisendrewylmite1986pixiejuicejheyjuneiceGracieO312annaliese39Winifred_WillowScobremusteniKyreRoencomicsforlifeGrumpyGlowfishbirdonawirelogionAbbyZdearie_blossomChildrenofhurinEliasVersace 23 votes
landline phones
1%
LiELFEnnael 2 votes
the ability to have individual funds, as opposed to the family funds
10%
Colorist40pendragon1980simgirl1010sekojranaKhrisstynebixtersEnkiSchmidtTTNsimmerRememberJoyQueenSaraphineafternoonbaboonhymnhehim 12 votes
general improvements to the Screenshot Manager so it can be as useful as the Family Albums in The Sims 2 or the Photo Albums in The Sims 3
9%
winkeljohn78Yautjagirlwaterywatermelontexxx78StrawberryYogurtHopeyStarrVanPelt81CelSimsSiggDiggitreaderbug2HavenRose 11 votes
the ability for roofs to be placed on half-walls or partial-walls
2%
DominicLaurenceRedShoe7PantherWest 3 votes
the ability to create actual walk-out basements like in the Sims 2 or the Sims 3
6%
BluegayleChampandGirlieSindocatKathykinsMDianaSimsBooDaBoo5Atreya33 7 votes
spiral staircases
13%
rhaliusTheSpotted_CDarkLady2788KennziKaigeOnverserCeridwenWolfiumSERVERFRARouensimsKimmerAdmiral8QIsharellAna__AndreaEternalSunshineRySBIWolfnightsinger 16 votes
an object treehouse for kids
10%
DoloresGreyangelbearShemaAmapola76SeashoreLiviaLady_EarthGeralt_ofRiviaSharoniasimsplayer86lexibeeSnowBnuuyjpsulsuldagdag 12 votes

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Vehicles for sure. I also like the individual funds idea. I never liked that teens have access to their parents entire savings.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    general improvements to the Screenshot Manager so it can be as useful as the Family Albums in The Sims 2 or the Photo Albums in The Sims 3
    I would really, really love it if the game could differentiate between screenshots and in game camera photos, and sort them accordingly. I hate having to delete all the random DHD before/after photos to get through to the photos I took of my sims. Plus all the duplicates because of course the way photography works, you practically have to take multiples to make sure you get a good one (risk of a poor one means I take duplicates). And if you're not sure what size you want the photo in, have to take it each size to be safe. But if you want a screenshot of the "photo" you just took, you also have to adjust the composition so it doesn't have a crazy border, which adds to the clutter. If it could sort them by family, or at least save, too, that would also be amazing beyond what I could expect.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Actually, all I want them to do is to fix the camera--the whole 'floaty' thing is incredibly annoying
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    the ability to create actual walk-out basements like in the Sims 2 or the Sims 3
    There are builds I have in mind that would benefit from walk-out basements. I would also like to be able to have different wall heights on the same level of a lotand, better still, split-level builds. But I would be surprised to see these added, given how the game is built.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'll be honest, none of those interest me.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    All of the above!
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Actually these all sound like a winner to me but I want cars in game that can be part of game play. I would also love tricycles, bikes and scooters for kids and toddlers also. But that's me.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Number one current annoyance.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    None were very important to me but I do like the idea of a walkout basement. Even if I do have to rely on other builders for it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    All of the above!
  • Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    edited August 2021
    None of the above.
    I would like the ability to move babies from one crib to another so that after it's born you can change the crib they were born in. Also update the babies to have all the skin tone and hair colors (eyebrows) as other Sims. One last thing I would like more base game crib options for babies cause we only have one crib since the game launched.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    All of it sounds good.
    What I'd want most though is a mechanism to control townie generation, assign roles to them, etc. I know there are mods for it, but they still have to work around a lot of the current mechanics - that is what I'd like see changed.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    How about all of the above?

I would honestly love most of these suggestions. I want to bypass cas or create a new save file without any sims.
    The building options like walking out of a basement, spiral staircases and more options for roof placement would be awesome.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It was a very tough choice.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2021
    spiral staircases
    I just want spiral staircases because I can never fit the regular ones in small houses. When my Sims family grows I always have to purchase a whole new house for them instead of just adding a room upstairs because there is no room for the staircases.
    I can't build (and I don't even like to try) well enough to change the house just to fit the staircases in, so spiral staircases would be a huge help for me.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited August 2021
    spiral staircases
    If you didn't have spiral staircases as an option, I would have said "None of the above".

I don't necessarily "want" spiral staircases, but it would be cool. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    the ability to create a brand-new empty save file with no Sims and all empty Lots
    the ability to create a brand-new empty save file with no Sims and all empty Lots because the premades have no storyline whatsoever. I also just want a bug free game.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    How is this still not a thing?
  • readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    The screenshot idea sounds like a memory system, which I would love, especially if I can jot down snippets about my sims' lives. The little family blurb on the world map doesn't give me the space to write the story I want to write.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    the ability to have individual funds, as opposed to the family funds
    I would love like allowances for the kids, and each family member can get payed their individual salaries from their jobs.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The treehouse or sims having individual funds.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    spiral staircases
    Everything on the list, really.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Basically all of the above. I don't personally care that much about the roof and basement options, but clearly other people do, and I have no objection to it. Everything else: bring it on, please!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Sometimes, I need to restart a game save and it would be helpful and faster, if I could just access a new save to set it up, as needed. Then I can place the family(ies) of choice into the new save. It gets wearisome to have to make a 'stop' in CAS, wherein I place one of the families, as a placeholder, just to add them to an empty lot before proceeding. Then while they're on an 'empty lot', which costs them Simoleons, I go into the Gallery, to find the desired lot for them. I place it, and if I'm not in a hurry, which is rare, I will set up a few other venues I know I'll need during the course of gameplay. It takes hours this way. HOURS.

Also, if I'm just looking for lots to build upon to be added to other saves already in progress, I have to stop in CAS and use any Sim that rolls up, give them a name, aspiration and traits. Traits for a never-to-be -active Sim? Waste of my time, which I value greatly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    landline phones
    I chose landline phones with the idea that we could finally, FINALLY be able to turn off all of the spamming text and call notifications. Ever try playing a full household of 8 Sims? It. Never. Stops.

#Team Occult