Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    You can assign chickens to people. Really convenient when it comes to taking care of them

Aha, so that is what the "assign" option is for?! Cool, I did not figure it out at first glance, so I intended looking into it again later.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    As usual all the pants are broken for the transgender sims.

ne7pff4datpj.jpg

No, these are broken on female sims too, it looks just like this. These pants are just broken in general....I was shocked that these were released like this.....
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So.... Is it common knowledge that the alien in the pond can trigger abductions? I didn't closely follow details about the pack so I could discover most of it myself.

When I saw the alien light glowing in the pond, I clicked it and there was a 'wade here' interaction. I clicked it, my sim ran over and was immediately snatched up.

It's a good way to get abducted for anyone still struggling to make it happen.

I'm doing a challenge and when I saw the lights I thought it was fireflies so I sent my sim to go check them out. And yup away he went into the wild blue yonder. LOL I just hope he isn't preggers as my challenge involves a lot of work. No time to slack off here.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    So.... Is it common knowledge that the alien in the pond can trigger abductions? I didn't closely follow details about the pack so I could discover most of it myself.

When I saw the alien light glowing in the pond, I clicked it and there was a 'wade here' interaction. I clicked it, my sim ran over and was immediately snatched up.

I'm doing a challenge and when I saw the lights I thought it was fireflies so I sent my sim to go check them out. And yup away he went into the wild blue yonder. LOL I just hope he isn't preggers as my challenge involves a lot of work. No time to slack off here.

Can you explain this more? Is it just a random light that shows up or is it that bubbles pond effect you can add?
    @Schantal I saw light "orbs" at my sims door and when I clicked on them to check out thats when he was taken by the spaceship. So far no sign of pregnancy thank goodness.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Schantal I saw light "orbs" at my sims door and when I clicked on them to check out thats when he was taken by the spaceship. So far no sign of pregnancy thank goodness.

This sounds like a normal abduction because it happened at your door? Was the alien in the pond glowing, too? My abduction happened by the pond, and my sim didn't go examine the light like a normal abduction. He was minding his business when the spaceship appeared out of nowhere and sucked him up.
    Schantal wrote: »

Can you explain this more? Is it just a random light that shows up or is it that bubbles pond effect you can add?

There's an 'Unidentified Submerged Object' affect. It glows randomly under the water. That's what I have in my pond and I'm thinking it increases the chance of abduction.
    edited July 2021
    When purchasing farm animals, be aware what household member is active!!! I just ordered chickens for a coop, and by mistake a child was active. She got the recipe of some animal treat added to her notebook. Which is fine, except I would never check the kids' notebooks for these things, and if I was aware, I'd make sure that those birds were purchased by the most chicken coop interested parent... ;)

Sorry, Olga Mugger (8), you will now be in charge for the household's egg production!

This sounds like a normal abduction because it happened at your door? Was the alien in the pond glowing, too? My abduction happened by the pond, and my sim didn't go examine the light like a normal abduction. He was minding his business when the spaceship appeared out of nowhere and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ him up.

There's an 'Unidentified Submerged Object' affect. It glows randomly under the water. That's what I have in my pond and I'm thinking it increases the chance of abduction.

Yep I was referring to the person above who said "alien in the pond" not the normal door abduction, thanks for clarifying for me and for explaining. Ooooo, Im excited to add that effect to my pond now :):)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

This sounds like a normal abduction because it happened at your door? Was the alien in the pond glowing, too? My abduction happened by the pond, and my sim didn't go examine the light like a normal abduction. He was minding his business when the spaceship appeared out of nowhere and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ him up.

Yep I was referring to the person above who said "alien in the pond" not the normal door abduction, thanks for clarifying for me and for explaining. Ooooo, Im excited to add that effect to my pond now :):)

Just don't tell the author of the Alien Abduction Toggle thread whatever you do.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    So apparently foxes aren't just egg thieves, but little gardening thieves too. Just happened to catch this one pinching cherries off my sims tree and attempting to make off with it.
    FnqLD9d.png
    Thought he was here for the chickens or eggs, so my sim was already in the process of shooing them away. So, they dropped the cherries and ran off. Kinda felt bad though since it wasn't my chickens or eggs he was after. Plan on giving it some cherries next time it comes around.
    raEcYEP.png
    5vJrxmT.png
    Chickens react to wild birds lol....here are some pics. You can see my rooster staring right at the bird in the top. He also crowed at them lol.

[img][/img]51344421812_b53eca39d3_k.jpg
    Noticed roosters will always come out at 5am in the morning to crow.

Kinda wish it'd wake up sims early in the morning due to it so they can be irritated by it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Kinda wish it'd wake up sims early in the morning due to it so they can be irritated by it.

It wakes sim up if they're sleeping outdoors though, I've seen it in James Turner's LP. :)

Thanks @IceyJ It was my first abduction in Sims 4 so thats why I was surprised to see the orbs at his door. Now I am forewarned.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    somewhsome wrote: »
    It wakes sim up if they're sleeping outdoors though, I've seen it in James Turner's LP. :)

Haha, only if they're outside? XD Guess that makes sense thought sims would be able ot hear it from winthin their home, but that's a nice detail.

Was episode LP is that? Must have missed it as I do watch James L's on and off again.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

It will wake them up inside if they are close enough. Maybe a modder will increase the range.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

It will wake them up inside if they are close enough. Maybe a modder will increase the range.

I thought that might be the case, but I haven't check. :)

Haha, only if they're outside? XD Guess that makes sense thought sims would be able ot hear it from winthin their home, but that's a nice detail.

Was episode LP is that? Must have missed it as I do watch James L's on and off again.

Episode 4, around 21:55 :)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I have a lot where the Sims wake with the rooster every morning though the bedroom is inside. I think the distance might be round about 10 tiles.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I so wish that also the neighbor would wake up by the rooster :) Living next to a farm really should make a difference, but I guess farm animals can't be heard unless the farm is the lot being played.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    With testingcheats we have a new cheat with Cottage Living. By shift clicking on the ground wherever you are you can create an animal. Chicken,rabbit,fox etc.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Some recipes (canning, mostly) seem to generate a "pile of discarded food" or so in your inventory. Those can be used as fertilizer or, if you have Eco Lifestyle, fed to the bug farms.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    Some recipes (canning, mostly) seem to generate a "pile of discarded food" or so in your inventory. Those can be used as fertilizer or, if you have Eco Lifestyle, fed to the bug farms.

Oh, interesting. That's why my sim has random food piles in her inventory. :D
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Very cool. I think that Eco Lifestyle and Cottage Living are soulmates as packs! :) Anyway, not sure if this fact was shared but if you give a sim the Animal Enthusiast trait they SIGNIFICANTLY gain relationships with animals and will do constant interactions autonomously with various animals. This includes Cats and Dogs! The trait is very well done and does exactly what it says it does. Maybe we get dozens more strong traits like this pretty please??! :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2021

I think this is related to the Reduce and Recycle lot trait challenge. I've been using that one along with Wild Foxes, Simple Living and Filthy (because you are constantly tracking dirt in) for a farm. I'll likely go Off the Grid later once my sims can afford the items for power/water generation.