Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Worlds And Content

So I just finished with EA help and in the end, they told me to try the forums to get continued help with an issue they couldn't immediately solve. My Origin client doesn't recognize me owning Roaring Heights Gold, Dragon Valley Gold, Hidden Springs, or Barnacle Bay. It just doesn't. But my purchases show up, and they can see me as owning them in their system.
When I look in the sims 3 store, you can also see them under purchase history. So I contacted them. Apparently, it's a sims 3 issue where they can't add new codes and have origin recognize them. So they can't resend me the packs. Something about how you have to download the worlds from the sims 3 store.

So while talking to them I checked to make sure I could in fact download them from the sims 3 store. Idk if it was because it's been a while and I forgot, or something told me to check. But for Roaring Heights and Dragon Valley, the only two I paid extra for that upgraded price, the store says I should BUY them. Even though it has my purchase history as having bought them, and EA says I own them.

So I'm at a loss. I haven't played the sims 3 in years because it didn't work on my old laptop. And I was last told it basically needed a gaming desktop high spec to run properly. Especially with all the stuff I bought for it. My thing is, if I already paid for it, I'd like to be able to access it easily. So as of now, part of my stuff is in origin, part is not. Some is missing altogether. And the stuff that's not in origin isn't even counting the acceptable sims 3 store add ons like clothes and stuff.

What do I do?
And I already tried clearing my cache, that doesn't work.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2021
    Worlds, gold versions or otherwise, are not Origin content. It doesn't matter if Origin thinks you have these things or not, Origin is only a purchasing agent for some of them. What is important is what the TS3 Store Site says, and this all has to be under the same user account credentials (email address/password logins are shared between them).

Origin only manages the base game, Expansion Packs (EPs), and Stuff Packs (SPs), not TS3 store content, The only reason Origin became a purchasing agent for store content that can be bought with money rather than points (you get a code to redeem at the TS3 Store, not a download) is that somewhere along the line years ago they took away the ability for the TS3 Store itself to do cash/credit card transactions.

If you are not getting the TS3 Store content showing up as owned by you and downloadable from the actual TS3 Store, then something is wrong that really only Customer Support can straighten out. Note that if two or more accounts of yours have ever been merged together (if this is the case), then purchased TS3 Store content does tend to get lost along the way but the Customer Support agents are supposed to provide a warning if that is about to happen.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    It's all the same account, I just honestly don't know where it went. And support was pretty confused tbh.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It was really difficult for me, too, when I was setting up 3 again. Sometimes it took a while for my stuff to be recognized by the Sims 3 store (same account, obviously) and some things I just had to buy again. They were polite and good with the EPs themselves, but Origin support was not really much help for store content. I am not sure if it has it's own support, I did not see it, but would recommend looking there.

Otherwise, I do not know if anyone or anything unofficial can really help you. Beyond purchasing it again, which I did not really want to do either. My damage was much more minimal, though, so it did not make sense for me to quibble over it too much.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I got Dragon Valley a year ago, and when I load its product page in the store, I'm prompted to buy it again. But it shows up in my purchase history, and I can download it from there. I've heard the same from a few other players, although I don't know how widespread it is.

Anyway, try looking through your purchase history for the missing content.

And yes, EA support often doesn't know what to do with Sims 3 store items.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Several of my worlds only show in my purchase history. I think it's related to type of purchase. Some worlds could be purchased with sim points and others with cash. I think it's the ones not purchased with sim points that only show up in purchase history.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread