Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Do You Find Time To Play?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Weekends
    Depends on when I actually have some spare time that is not booked by other things. Usually a weekend, but life happens. Been simless about 2 weeks now. Not complaining though. There's more to life than EA's latest messterpiece.

And we know for you that's Sims 2. 😄
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Weekends
    With the pandemic, I can do weekdays and weekends..depending on what we're doing. But normally it was weekends only, I work Monday-Thursday, 10 hours a day with almost 4 hours of commuting each day. So I definitely don't have any time lol.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited March 2021
    Both
    Both but I will return to Uni classes soon and been doing a lot of babysitting on weekends so idk about simming for now :(

Love the babysitting but tots will only sit for so long while you play :D
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Both
    I try to find time to play whenever I can. It also usually depends on if I feel like it or not, since sometimes I would rather do something else in my free time.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Both
    I get up early, so after cleaning, and any other tasks I have to do e.g. call the doctor, dry cleaning etc. And sometimes after the rest of the day ensues.
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    Both
    I play whenever I feel I need to go through the story line of my sims. I work but I'm not a very social person, I much prefer to stay home with my sims.
  • Options
    Amz_LouiseAmz_Louise Posts: 4 New Member
    Both
    I play every afternoon/evening after work and limit myself to a few hours on the weekends or I'll play all weekend :D
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    Both
    I’m retired, so it doesn’t matter the day for me, but I have others in the house, and almost always play late at night sometimes right into the next day. Time goes by so fast when I’m on a game.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Other
    Around the last 2 hours I have before I go to bed.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Both
    Both! Currently unemployed due to chronic illness and the pandemic so I play whenever the mood strikes me.
  • Options
    JohnTheSim96JohnTheSim96 Posts: 43 Member
    If you mean the Sims, I'm not going to lie, I have way too much time on my hands, I have plenty of time to play, since the covid scare, I've been unemployed and staying at home as much as I can.
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    During The Week
    I’m getting busy with looking after my family on weekends. Less sim life on weekends.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Both
    I play videogames for 25 years and enjoy it a lot. I can always find time to play and I want to keep it that way.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Both
    I play when I have time
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    During The Week
    I typically play during the week at night. I’m usually pretty busy during the day, as well as on the weekends. Plus, I just prefer to play at night in general.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Both
    Once hubby and I were fully vaccinated my Simming time dwindled down to almost nothing. The days of having unlimited time to play are over until summer ends. Now I'm lucky if I can carve out an hour during the day. Unless hubby decides it's safe for him to fly out to Florida and visit his elderly mother and the rest of his family. He usually goes to visit them this time of year but last year he stayed home because of the pandemic. That's why I get all excited about the EPs that come out in June and July. I have some alone time and can play as long as I want. We're headed into a weekend of very hot weather so we probably won't be doing much outdoors, which means maybe I will have some down time to play with my Sims for a couple of days.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2021
    Other
    I play almost everyday. Now that I'm done with School, I watch my nephew on my days two day off from work, (he's Nine Months Old) two days a week, So when he's napping, or after I bring him back home, I'll go play.
    Usually I'll spend half of the day playing before, or Write down and add to the story, Before I have go to work.
    Like right now I'm writing out my Story, and probably in another hour or two I'll start the game and do some more prep work as always, and test it out.
    If I work late, Then I'll spend a couple of hours after work playing before bed.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    This completely varies, it's just when I have time. It's usually a game that I play as the weather cools down but sometimes I play in summer as well. My schedule changes at times so there's not a standardized rule. I've gone out on breaks when I have been busier. Obviously the pandemic opened up more time at times but even then I went through some very busy times.

Now, I'm likely to get very busy again but I'll still fit it in. I would say that I don't play consistently each week but sometimes I'll play a lot at once. I have an established game so I can drop in whenever. I don't have to play for long periods of time but in the pandemic on off days there were times that I played most of the day. I'll continue to play when I have time but I make sure to have a balanced life.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Weekends
    I began playing this game when I was employed and could relax at weekends. But having to give up work and shield since March 2020 I've obviously time during the week.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Both
    I haven't played for days, because it's been very hot in Finland and because our apartments are too well insulated to store the heat (because of the cold winters) it's been too hot to use the laptop. It's 30 degrees inside my apartment and I don't have an air conditioner. The only aid for the heat is a fan but it gives me a headache.
    This is awful because now when I have a broken leg and a cast on it I have time to play. I'm literally having withdrawals from the Sims 4. :/
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Both
    When I’m working I like to play to decompress from the busy day I’ve had, usually just involving watching the current family I’m playing go through the motions on the slowest speed and autonomy on….

My days off are a different story though, usually I play for a few hours to set up things either through builds, events, etc. Just really depends on what is happening in the save.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Other
    I am partially disabled & since Covid have tended to limit my movements from home anyway (going out anywhere is usually this huge event of me having to rest up for a week prior), so I play whenever the mood takes me to and for as long as I feel like.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Both
    I only rediscovered the Sims series a few weeks ago. Since then, I've played nearly every day, at least for a short time.

My wife and I are both teachers. The school year that just ended was an especially stressful one. Our family enjoys playing games to relax, and spending some time in the world I create for my Sims has been a wonderful way to spend some "me time." My daughter takes an interest in my game, too--she especially enjoys performing style interventions on townies with hideous fashion sense.

Now that it's summer, my schedule is much more open. That makes it easier to find time for some Sims.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Weekends
    Weekends, mostly. While I was working from home I could play in the evening, but now I'm back in the office. My commute eats up a lot of time and anyway, by the time I'm home from work, I'm generally too tired to feel like playing. If there has been a download I'll turn the computer on to take care of that so it doesn't eat into my time on the weekends, but then I usually turn it off.
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Other
    When I used to play frequently, it would be when I got home from work during the week and most of the day/evening on the weekends. Now I play when the mood strikes me which isn't as often as it used to be.