March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 22
    Week 8 Wednesday

2021-06-13-08_52_22-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Since I'm going back to school full time to be a Vet Tech next month, my lovely and generous parents have very graciously offered for me to move back in with them for the 18 month duration of my school program, so it's time for me to buckle down and pack and organize, so life is getting busy :) I know I don't have to justify this, but I just felt like I'd explain briefly. Since comments take a long time to do and with my life getting busier, I'm gonna take this time moving forward to comment only on the people who have really taken the time to engage with my own story (whether it is here or on discord or in PMs), just to save myself a little bit of time, so I hope that makes sense and feels fair to everyone <3

---

@Karababy52
    Yeah Nikolas does make a badbutt bounces with those face scars! I love that so many of @Ellupelluellu's sims showed up in your game for this update, it's always so fun to see them! Funny that Veera changed outfits. She had to make a statement by getting noticed multiple times haha. And that second dress really does show off her assets ;) Glad Nik let Josh in - he's been such a cool and helpful guy this whole challenge, and I love his new role as a bouncer haha. I think it's kind of special that Melody was the host - in real life at award shows, they often have celebrity hosts, so we can just pretend she's already a celebrity and agreed to host this evening ;) And yay to Essa for winning! What a lovely acceptance speech too - I especially love that she mentions her family <3 And lol, poor Josh, he can't help but to peek at Veera's dipping neckline ;) But in the end, he really only has eyes for his woman. I like that photo you got of the award with their reflections in the fire place mirror, very creative shot. And I do love those two steamy horndogs haha, yes, let's give them some privacy, it's getting WAY too hot in here ;) Seriously nice little description of them getting all steamy with that dress coming off, I needed a minute to recover :D

And thanks about Jules' wedding dress. I have a ton of CC wedding dresses haha, and that one wasn't necessarily my favorite, but the simplicity of felt perfect for the occasion and it was very flattering on Jules. I figured since there are no officiants in sims weddings, it just makes sense for them to write their own vows and do something special like that. I wanted to do something meaningful for them and I do like how their vows turned out :) I think Jules will keep her last name, just for the fact that Jules Warner sounds so much better than Jules Keyes. She is a published author too, and I have a friend who kept her last name for that very reason, so that might be my reason too.

I'll try out those yarnies soon. My jungle trip is almost over, so Ruby can do some knitting to boost her skill up and make some of those. I also want her to make some toys and onesies for the baby since that would just be too cute.

Oh I had no idea about a secret temple mission, if you ever discover more details about that, I'd love to know more (might try it out in a different save). I wasn't sure what to google to find it so I didn't end up finding anything. I am also loving all the goofy animations with letting Jules have a rough time in the temple lol. There's more of that for tomorrow's update too. It's definitely made my gameplay more lively than just having them have all the good luck in the world during these missions :)

I did very much enjoy your cheesy sci-fi dialogue, looking forward to more of your improvised dialogue if she continues to do acting gigs! I like that rainbow hair though, it would be fun for a sim to have that for real!

@SoulGal7
    Cool shot of the downtown area! So cute of them to have breakfast together too. Jules and Emmett don't really need to eat anymore because of reward traits, and I just fill Ruby's needs with her Book of Life, so I often don't bother too much with making them sit down to eat, but it does make for some nice moments to have a meal together <3 Hahaha, love that Wolfgang got asked to join the Renegades again. Jules actually gets calls for that every now and then since she was in that club too. Wolfgang certainly does still have it - he might be more mature than he was back in his Renegades days, but he's still a handsome badbutt :) I think I said it before, but I really do like that Sakura is becoming famous due to her musical abilities. It really makes sense for her character. Cute that Wolfgang is making fun robotics for Lucas too - he will love that! And nice, once that rocket is done, that's another woohoo location ;) Lol that last photo of Wolfgang riding his bike in his fancy clothes cracked me up :D

@Ellupelluellu
    I definitely appreciate the hard work and creativity people do to get perfect shots in game. It's something I love doing myself haha. And I love knowing how people do stuff like that behind the scenes in their game too, so thanks for explaining :) Jules has had such an entertaining trip to the temple, and it only gets better tomorrow. I love all the goofy stuff that can happen to them with this pack. It's the first time I've really appreciated this pack fully and it's been great.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @permanentrose - So wonderful that you are going back to school and in a career that you will enjoy. Not just a job, but a career. Kudos to you. And it will be good to go back home for awhile to save some funds while you go to school, but also an adjustment going back when you were living on your own for so long (been there, done that). I will miss all your daily Jules & Emmett and Ruby updates and the wonderful comments that you always give. I know you will do well in school...and of course, now it's packing up, too. Keep your mind on your studies...because I know how distracting The Sims can be. lol I think I have stayed in this challenge so long because others have commented on Sakura and her journey. Plus, I am kind of invested in Wolfgang and Sakura...believe me, I even talk about them in real life to my husband! lol I need an in-between month to just have them relax and not have to plough through a town at a mile a minute. lol Also, love your plan for July...and whenever you post, I'll be sure to read an update and comment. Good luck girl! :)
    @Karababy52 -
    Woot! Yes! Finally! Essa wins an accolade award for best actress. And, seriously, I loved all the screenies in all the roles she has been in, but the last one...woozers...that really was terrific! And Melody was the hostess with the mostest! Of course, Josh could not keep his eyes off of her sitting there at his feet. [He certainly had a great view of her...um...assets...] And it did seem like an award show, with Essa giving a speech and thanking everyone, but most of all thanking Josh for having faith in her. Ahhhh.... Congrats to Essa for making it to the top and getting the award that she deserves! Bravo!

@Skeilah -
    Congrats to Bryon for getting a accolade award for a book he wrote years ago! Woot! How cool is that. And isn't Bryon just the coolest dude, just goes to the Award Ceremony all casual-like. He kills me. Also, love the little backyard at the house, with the big pizza float in the pool. It is definitely something that a house with kids would have. And Congrats to Naoki for becoming a Notable Newcomer, too! Woot!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    June 21
    o1G4bhE.png

Bryons Diary
    T8Q2zk0.png
    I don’t really need sleep and tomorrow will be a shooting day, so I stayed up the entire night to practice my lines.

nz76Kx1.png
    (Bryon) “Hm, this drink looks a little different than the ones I’ve been drinking before… Ah, well.”

jrA8Pma.png
    (Level up for the aspiration, yay!)

ygCZDMQ.png
    (Also, since I allow myself to swap aspirations, I changed the aspiration to ‘curator’ for a little while because I bumped into this, hehe)

1QDenee.png
    (I laughed so hard with this new quirk. I actually love this one, hahahaha!)

nXjbohg.png

hAZzaEJ.png
    (Bryon) “Ah, Adam. Looks like you’ll get to be useful once again.”
    (Adam) *bleep*

hVOhSGA.png
    Adam immediately went out to record some neighbourhood footage.

L7doU0l.png
    I followed his recording from my computer. He’s doing a great job! Ah, that’s the mailman!

MfjkH8h.png
    I didn’t have time to collect Adam since the film shoot was about to start. When I arrived at the studio, it was cramped with people. Are these people all working here? For real?

OndAmWa.png
    I got hungry…

0dMsJ8U.png
    But the director told me I didn’t had time for food. I had to hurry and practice my lines one last time.

fPmWSQA.png
    (Bryon) “Yeah, so here I’ll run into the hospital, looking for my wife who’s been in an accident… And here I’ll bump into my lover, who happens to be a nurse at the hospital… Oh and the slot scene, where my lover and wife find out about all this and kill me. Talking about overrated, but well, it’s a show after all…”

89kY8qk.png
    (Bryon) “I’m ready for the shoot!”

fq5DvnS.png
    (Director) “Are you going on-stage like that?”
    (Bryon) “Is there a problem?”
    (Director) “Ehh… Not at all. Very... Casual, yes. Everyone, get ready!!”

B00gd9j.png
    First, the shoot with the wife…

xxnyosl.png
    Next, the shoot with the nurse
    (and yes, this is Duane, AGAIN. You almost can’t tell it’s him, but it really is. I checked it. These two get to kiss each other a lot, lol).

7dfHeOA.png
    Last but not least… Let’s die. Not for real, luckily.

bB7IJso.png
    Beautiful.

wEe0CFA.png
    (Bryon) “How did I do?”
    (Director) “Bravo!!”

JL7KeuW.png
    (While saving my game because it got stuck, the aspiration moved on to the last milestone AND Bryon got nominated for another award. Woo!)

EJTO7df.png
    (Last but not least, Bryon has to get gold in a movie acting gig. I searched around on the internet, and ‘Melodies of the City’ is just what I need to complete this aspiration!)

jChy4DA.png
    When I got home, Hana was nervously walking around in the living room.

(Bryon) “Hey, Hana. Something wrong?”
    (Hana) “I… Ehm… No, everything is alright. I was just waiting for you to get home so that I could visit mom. Is it okay for me to leave?”

6OZ69c6.png
    (Bryon) “Sure, but… Are you sure everything is okay?”
    (Hana) “I… Don’t want to talk about it right now… I’m sorry…”
    (Bryon) “No problem… But know that I’m here when you’re ready to talk, okay?”
    (Hana) “Thanks… I’ll get going then…”

hKS8flq.png
    Later that evening, I happened to bump into Naoki when he came home from work. I was about to ask if he knew something more about Hana, but...

(Bryon) “Hey, Naoki. How was work?”
    (Naoki) “Exhausting… I’m so tired right now…”
    (Bryon) “Oh, in that case, you should take a nap.”
    (Naoki) “Yeah, I’m going to do that…”

OB8CL4R.png
    (Bryon) “Hm... I shouldn’t ask him about Hana right now… He really looked exhausted…”

Behind the scenes
    hIFmM5T.png
    (Hana) “Naoki…?”

eBIWxmj.png
    (Naoki) “Yeah, what’s up?”
    (Hana) “Something is really wrong with my belly… It’s like… It’s shining!”

fBq8Mnf.png
    (Naoki) “What did you just say? Let me take a look at that.”
    (Hana) “Is there something wrong with me??”

Ack8Xha.png
    (Naoki) “This isn’t possible…”
    (Hana) “Do you know what this is…?”
    (Naoki) “Hana… Have you perhaps… Been in contact with aliens?”
    (Hana) “Aliens?! No… Not that I know?”
    (Naoki) “Not that you know…”

9QiAONi.png
    (Alex) “Actually... She’s been abducted last night. I saw it happening, but was too late to help.”
    (Hana) “What?! Why don't I know anything of that? What does that mean?!”

FEI3zl2.png
    (Naoki) “This shouldn’t be possible since you’re a woman… But the aliens that took you last night impregnated you. You’re pregnant.”
    (Hana) “I’m…. what?!”
    (Naoki) "Don't worry. As you know, I already have a lot of experience in alien pregnancies. I'll look into it more when I'm at work."
    (Hana) "I... Can't be... Oh no... What will mom say...?"

(For real, I have no idea how this could happen, but it happened, and it actually made me laugh. I could have just deleted it, but I decided to embrace it instead because well, this is actually really funny)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    June 22
    uviMqtZ.png

Bryons Diary
    zjeLsCT.png
    It was already late at night, but only at this moment I remembered that Adam was still somewhere in the neighbourhood, waiting for me to pick them up.

izKAReM.png
    (Bryon) “Adam! Oh, what am I doing, Adam is turned off.”

cWNDdoL.png
    (Bryon) “There you are! Let’s get you back home. I’m sorry for leaving you here for so long…”

Ka89551.png
    I copied Adam’s footage to the computer and uploaded the video. Another good payout!!

3D2ksG4.png
    Since I wasn’t tired at all, but the only one awake in the household, I decided to take a little walk. I ended up in the Starlight Boulevard.

(Bryon) “Ah, it’s so nice when you’re able to walk around without fans all over you…”

6Kl9lfO.png
    (for aspiration purposes, I had Bryon go back to Studio PBP to take his tile out of the ground and place it back again. I thought I’d mention that, haha!)

RviLg3j.png
    I ended up going into Studio BPB, which was surprisingly still open at this hour. I walked into the restroom to pee, but ended up going over my lines. This movie gig has a lot of text for sure…

OTWc0ie.png
    At some point I got the feeling something was happening outside, so I peeked out one of the windows. A fan tried sneaking past a bouncer, but she didn’t succeed. Good bouncers they have here. I went home when the bouncer made sure it was safe to leave.

vaMapPN.png
    The next day, I met up with Duane. We practiced some scenes together, since we always happen to get roles in the same gigs.

Gf4Pi1U.png
    Unfortunately fans started gathering around us, and we both weren’t in the mood for that.

(Duane) “Follow me, I know a place where they won’t find us.”

UkPiq1O.png
    (Bryon) “What’s this place?”
    (Duane) “My secret hide-out. Fans don’t come near here because it’s abandoned, but that’s why I love coming here when I really want to be alone.”

1Xo51bP.png
    We walked up to a bench, and once I sat down, I just enjoyed the view.

(Bryon) “Ahhh, Duane… I miss being unpopular… This is exhausting…”
    (Duane) “I feel you man, I feel you.”
    @SoulGal7
    Thank you for the kind words. You are always so supportive <3 If I can play ahead and get a bunch of screenshots and maybe just have a "daily shot" even without a story, I hope to do that. Even with things getting busier, I know I'll still need some down time, so as long as I don't let the sims get in the way of studying, I hope that I can still kind of still do this challenge since it's been such a fun part of life this year. It's just hard to tell without officially starting the program yet what my life will look like - and real life always comes first, so if it turns out I start only posting once a week or something, then so be it, but I can't imagine I'd get so busy that I can't check in from time to time or play a bit on the weekends :)

I am excited to go back and find a career I truly love though! And you're right, moving back in with my parents at almost age 30 is gonna be a HUGE adjustment. There are gonna be hard parts and also wonderful parts, but in the end, I am so thankful they are helping me financially during this transitional time in my life. :)

I will definitely try to give you a comment here and there about Sakura and Wolfgang too because I'm very invested in them as well! I'm hoping to still find a time of day where it is relaxing to catch up on reading other challengers' posts since I've loved doing that for the past 6 months, even if I can't comment the way I have been.

@Skeilah
    I am constantly aspiration hopping too haha. The Curator one is nice because once you are done, you can sell those collectables for even more money. I like seeing these goofy celebrity perks too haha. Oh Bryon, falling in love with his own reflection :D Fame is going to his head lol. Lol I love all these gay roles that Bryon is getting! Does the game somehow know and make sure your sim gets to kiss the gender they prefer LOL? And so funny that it was Duane again :D I'd totally watch that show too - a guy who is secretly gay and even has a wife, but has a secret hot male nurse lover HAHA. Yep, I'm here for that. Except then he dies. Wouldn't want that to happen :D Glad it's just pretend though, Bryon died so gracefully though. And OMG about Hana being pregnant with an alien. I had no idea women could get pregnant either! You love your alien babies though so this is kind of perfect AND Naoki is the best person to help her through this <3 Those Saito siblings just don't have the best luck with aliens lol - or are they actually the luckiest of them all since they're gonna get the best kids ever out of it? ;)

Is Bryon glowing since he is a celebrity? And then there's Duane again haha. I guess it's good they are getting comfortable with each other. I feel like there are movies in real life where the same actors are always in the same movies together. The director must just like using them both haha. And that last line right there is exactly why I haven't bought this pack yet, just not super interested in fame. It is super nice you can turn it off though, and will be nice for Bryon to fade back into the background and be a normal sim again hopefully when this month is over :)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2021
    I decided to do comments today first. I'll have today's post, or at least a placeholder for it later. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3

@SoulGal7
    Tsk, Morgan, did you really, honestly think Wolfgang would join his old club again? I think not. :D Sakura is doing great with the Media Production skill, Go Sakura! Sweet of Wolfgang to make a chatterbot for Lucas, it is kind of small though. I'm sure he'll still enjoy it along with the RC Quadcopter. Yay for getting the main rocket built! They'll be going on 'romantic' joy rides in no time! ;) Aww Wolfgang is such a sweetheart!

Thanks! I'm so glad, it's getting late in the month and I was worried she'd not complete this one or the other one since I never flip flop world aspirations. She completes them one at a time. My own personal rule. :) That set was very colorful eh? It was a very fun gig! Melody was a great host! Josh just couldn't help himself, she gave him a perfect view. LOL Josh has always been there for her, right from the beginning. She never would've tried to be an actress without his encouragement. :) Thanks, it's a great achievement for Essa, she worked hard for it. <3

@permanentrose
    Love that spot with the wrecked plane! There isn't much there, yes, but it's still full of ambiance for stories. :) What a fun idea doing a 'goofy' hug to make Ruby feel better. Sometimes it's fun just running with glitches and trying to incorporate them into the story, glad you've decided to do the same. :)

Aww, poor Pickles! You should get some wellness treats from the vet vending machine. That way you don't have to run to the vet when your pets get sick. Great plans for next month, sounds like Jules will have plenty to keep herself challenged and busy. :)

Your reasoning makes perfect sense and you're right, you didn't have to explain yourself, but sweet that you did. Sounds like you will be very busy going to school full-time to be a Vet Tech. My DIL is a Vet Tech! Very gracious of your parents to have you move back in with them during your schooling too.

I loved how many showed up too! Her Sims have added so much to my challenge and the story for it. I love every single one of them. Extremely grateful and happy she allowed me to have them. <3 Essa is just very happy and grateful too and wanted to thank everyone that helped her get where she is today.

Thanks about the fireplace screenshot with their reflections. I had intended to only take a shot of them viewing the award, but when I was panning around looking for a good angle, I saw their reflections and it was a lightbulb moment. :) Erotic lit is one of my favorite genres to write, but of course can't do that on the forum. Now and then I try to write just a vague hint of it though, especially for these two. ;)

You're welcome, it's a gorgeous dress in it's simplicity. I'm going to have fun finding a dress for Essa. :) Glad you've made a decision about Jules' last name. Some authors do that yes, if they don't make up a pen name for themselves. :) Bummer you couldn't find anything about the secret mission. Maybe I'll take a look again and see if I can find where I read about it. I'll let you know. ;)

Great idea about having Ruby knit onesies and toys, I've had both Josh and Essa do the same. Looking forward to more goofy fun stuff in the jungle. I love this pack! Yep, Essa has another gig already. She needs to get gold in a movie for the aspiration. I might have her drop out of the acting career after that since she's at the top anyway and it won't be needed anymore. The rainbow hair is cute, but I don't see myself giving it to any of my Sims. Maybe though, depends on their personality. :)

P.S. By the way, please don't feel obligated to write novels in reply to my comments or when commenting back to me. You're going to be very busy, so short and sweet are just as much appreciated. Even just a simple 'Enjoyed your post' or whatever is sufficient too. :) You really don't have to comment at all either. Comments are great, of course, it helps keep us motivated. But they're not necessary if you don't have time. :)

@Skeilah
    That drink does look a little suspect eh? ;) Congrats to Bryon for leveling up in the aspiration! Gah! Essa got that one too, but she potioned it away. I can't see her as being vain at all for some reason. Glad you followed Adam out into the neighborhood. I've heard of drones getting lost doing that if you don't. o.O So funny how the Director asked if he was going to act in that outfit and Bryon's like 'yeah, got a problem?' I haven't tried that yet with Essa. I just enjoy seeing what kind of hair/makeup/costume she'll have for each gig.

Duane! Wow, he doesn't look like himself again either. I kind of wish I'd used my other custom template now so Essa might've had a chance to kiss the guy too! hehe Great death scene, and congrats on moving to the last milestone! Go Bryon!

Whoa! Hana got abducted and preggers as a result? Isn't she a teen? What a massive glitch to get! I'm actually kind of jealous! Poor Hana though. :( Ohhh, okay I was wondering if Bryon would have to do the tile thing again because I knew he'd need to do it in this aspiration, but he'd already done it. Too bad it didn't count the first time. So sweet how Bryon and Duane are bonding the way they are. Love that Duane showed him his 'quiet place.' Celebrities need a place like that to just get away and relax in peace and quiet.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oasis Springs: Day Twenty-Two - News
    06-22-21_8-24-07-pm.jpg
    Today was not going to be a good day. Shortly after the kids all got off to school, the power went out. Marnie gritted her teeth, put the now useless vacuum away, and tried to make the best of things. The twins still needed care, and food.. and the kids would be coming home from school later in the day.
    power.jpg
    Marnie dreaded the next day, and started really wondering what to do. There was no way she was going to be able to care for all these kids in the situation she found herself in now. At this point, she would even take Bennie coming back. Him riding in like a white knight would definitely improve the situation.. but she was pretty sure it wasn’t going to happen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    At the Willow Creek Municipal Center jail, Benji was escorted from his cell to an interrogation room to meet his new lawyer…
    06-22-21_11-05-56-pm.jpg
    Hello, Benjamin! I am Nikolai Delossantos, I have been assigned to your case.” the man said, and Benji cringed internally.

“Benji. Please.”
    06-22-21_11-09-47-pm.jpg
    “Oh. Yes. Um… Benji. I’ve looked over the case file, and I’m afraid you don’t have much of a case. Since you pretty much already confessed… it’s going to be tough to even get a judge to reduce the sentence.” said Nikolai, shaking his head sadly.

“But Shaylee will be able to go free, right?” Benji tried to confirm., looking worried.

“Shaylee? Oh, right. The girlfriend. Yes, as far as I can see, she’s not in danger of more jail time than she’ll already have served by the time the trial happens. She was only along “for the ride”, after all.” The lawyer replied after a moment of confusion.
    06-22-21_11-09-41-pm.jpg
    “I thought she was in trouble for taking the violin?” Benji asked, also confused.

The lawyer (Benji had already forgotten his name) shuffled through his notes, looking confused. “No, I have it right here, it’s .. uh.. Rita? that actually took the violin. And the police have already recovered it, luckily. So that’s in your favor.”
    06-22-21_11-08-51-pm.jpg
    Benji cursed and threw his hands in the air. “WHY did I confess to save Shaylee, then? The cop said.. well, he said Shaylee was in big trouble, almost as much as me.”

“I’m sorry, Benji, but I can’t tell you why the man said that. Clearly it was a tactic that worked, unfortunately. Shaylee will also be getting a reduced sentence – because of the baby, of course.” the man replied.
    06-22-21_11-10-32-pm.jpg
    Benji just sat and looked at him for a moment. ” …. Baby?”

“Oh. Yes. She’s pregnant. I figured you knew that, since she was so far along.” the lawyer replied.

“Oh. Um… no. How far along did you say she is?” Benji asked, reeling.

“Second trimester. So she probably has known for quite a while. She didn’t tell you?” the lawyer asked, again just shaking his head.
    06-22-21_11-10-37-pm.jpg
    “No. No, she didn’t.” Benji replied, putting his head in his hands for a moment. Then he sat up, trying to do the math. that would mean.. she’d been pregnant the entire time she’d been dating him. And had never told him a thing. She hadn’t even tried to pass off the baby as his.

Angry, Benji stood up from the table and walked to the door where the guard waited. “Let me out. I’m done.” he demanded.

Standing up behind him, the lawyer sputtered, “But.. Benji, we have more to discuss….!”

“Figure it out yourself.” Benji growled as the door was unlocked, then stomped through it, not needing any directions to get back to his cell.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Just before bedtime, at the Malone’s…
    06-22-21_8-34-31-pm.jpg
    “So.. why couldn’t we go to therapy today?” Jaz asked, confused.

“Because I had too many things to do, Jaz. I already told you this.” Marnie replied, frustration showing in her voice.

“Oh. Is it because Dad is gone?” Jaz asked, looking down sadly.

“Umm.. yeah. Sure, because Dad is gone.” Marnie replied, then tucked Jaz into bed. She had other kids to tuck in. Hopefully ones without so many questions.
    Post edited by IllusoryThrall on
    edited June 2021
    June - Day 22: "Walk of Fame Tile Ceremony

Hae50c8.png

Notes
    06-22-21-11-41-50-PM.png
    Tuesday morning Essa and Josh traveled to Studio PBP for Essa's Celebrity Tile Ceremony. They invited Joel, Jon, Molly, L. Faba, Simeon, Morgyn and Melody to attend along with Essa's fans. Unfortunately, the Sages could not attend and Jon had to work. Melody arrived but left before the ceremony began.

Joel and Molly were the only two of their invited family/friends to attend.

06-22-21-11-43-56-PM.png
    However several fans did show up to celebrate with Essa and watch the ceremony, including Ridge Everest, one of Essa's Eight is Enough club members and Bryon!

06-22-21-11-44-08-PM.png
    After everyone was gathered, the ceremony began. For some reason Molly whipped out her guitar and began to play. Notice Josh looking her way instead of watching Essa?

06-22-21-11-44-38-PM.png
    Josh you're missing it! Joel is excited though and claps for Essa!

06-22-21-11-44-54-PM.png
    The money shot and Josh is busy tipping Molly. *sigh*

06-22-21-11-45-19-PM.png
    The tile falls into place and Josh has missed the entire thing. This is actually the second time I tried to have Essa place her tile. The first time, Josh got stuck on the square where the tile goes and it sliced right through him on the way down. I didn't save and tried again. At least this time he's not stuck, but it still makes me sad.

06-22-21-11-45-27-PM.png
    To add insult to injury, Josh stops watching Molly, turns around and steps on Essa's newly placed tile. Look at her face, she's not very happy with him right now. Joel looks shocked too.

"Bro, what are you doing?"

06-22-21-11-46-05-PM.png
    Oh sure, NOW he claps and cheers for her as Molly continues to play her guitar.

06-22-21-11-48-32-PM.png
    Fred snaps photos and Molly continues to play as Josh apologizes for missing the ceremony.
    "I'm so sorry Beautiful. With all the excitement, yelling and screaming going on, I got distracted and didn't realize you were placing the tile. Will you forgive me?"

Essa has a very forgiving heart and loves Josh so much, she knows he never would've missed sharing her moment on purpose.

"It's okay Babe, it is a bit chaotic here. I'm just glad you're here with me."
    "Congratulations Beautiful, now you're immortalized forever. No one will ever forget your name or your fame. I'm so proud of you!"

06-22-21-11-48-47-PM.png
    As the couple share a congratulatory kiss, Fred snaps a photo with his invisible camera.

06-23-21-12-06-37-AM.png
    Essa then walks over and gives Joel a big hug.
    "Thank you so much for coming Joel, I appreciate it so much. You've always supported me in the past, and it means a lot you took the time to come today."
    "Of course, I wanted to be here and share this with you. Congratulations future Sis, you deserve this. I'm very proud of you too!"

06-23-21-12-08-43-AM.png
    Essa signed autographs for a few fans including Ridge.
    "Thank you, thank you Essa! I always knew you'd be a big star one day."
    "You're welcome Ridge. You were always so much fun and supportive in the club, I loved our time together back then. Thanks so much for coming today! Would you like to take a selfie together too?"
    "Definitely!"

06-23-21-12-09-43-AM.png
    "Cheese!"
    I love how Joel is still watching everything going on and smiling like a proud big brother.

06-23-21-12-05-59-AM.png
    "Thanks again for coming Ridge, you still have my number, right?"
    "Yes, I do."
    "Give us a call sometime and we can get together to catch up soon, okay?"
    "I'd love that! I have to go now though. Talk to you soon, and Congratulations again!"
    "Thanks Ridge, bye for now!"

Melody came back, but she didn't stay long, she ran off toward the entrance of Studio PBP, as did all the fans that were attending Essa's ceremony. Joel and Molly gave their goodbyes as well.

06-23-21-12-15-10-AM.png
    "Oh, I see what's going on, Melody and Malcom must be having a Meet and Greet or something. Everyone went over there to cheer and clap for them. Well, cool. I'm glad she's a star now too, and Malcom. Should we go over there too?"
    "We can if you like, it's your call Beautiful. This is your day."
    "Hmm, okay, well... let's just go home. We probably couldn't chat with them properly anyway with all those fans surrounding them."
    "You're probably right."

06-23-21-12-14-03-AM.png
    I took a peek over on the front porch of Studio PBP and got a nice surprise. There was Sakura! Her first appearance in my challenge. She's still wearing her Fairy Realm costume because it's my favorite! It's a great look for her in my opinion and I love that hairstyle. If you'd rather I changed anything about her look, let me know @SoulGal7 Also, once again, Roxanne is a bouncer and Veera is there having a chat with Melody and Malcom. Looks like Caleb is a fan as well. There were a multitude of other Sims there cheering, gossiping, fainting, etc., but they were mostly my own Sims that no one would know who they were so I didn't show them.

06-23-21-1-16-45-AM.png
    Back at the house, Essa and Josh decided to bowl a few frames to unwind before going to bed.
    "Are you okay? You look a little upset. I'm sorry again for missing the ceremony."
    "No, it's not that, I told you it was okay, I understand. I was just wishing my Dad, L. and Morgyn could've been there. That's all."

06-23-21-1-17-33-AM.png
    "You know they would've come if they could."
    "I know, I just miss them. We haven't been back for a visit in a long time. We talk on the phone all the time, but it's not the same."
    "I understand. We'll see them soon for the wedding though."
    "Yeah, that's true... okay, let's have some fun. Go easy on me okay? I've never bowled before. I love the lighting we had installed in here. The special Midnight colors are gorgeous!"
    "I agree, really sets the mood. Alright, do you want to go first or shall I?"
    "Go ahead, maybe I'll learn something by watching you."

06-23-21-1-21-03-AM.png
    Josh looked like a pro when he threw his first ball down the lane, a fireball!

06-23-21-1-21-34-AM.png
    06-23-21-1-22-59-AM.png
    "Strike!"
    "Wow! That's fantastic Babe! But how am I supposed to follow that?" Essa asked with a laugh. Josh just laughed and gave her a wink. They played a 10 frame game and of course Josh won with a score of 294 which included two turkeys! Essa worked her way up to Level 3, but still didn't do very well, lots of gutter balls, splits and dropped balls. She didn't let it get to her though, much.

06-23-21-1-24-37-AM.png
    While they were bowling, a message from Plopsy popped up informing Essa someone had bought an Abstract masterpiece she'd put up for sale. Look at the sale price! o.O Holy Simoly! After their game was over Essa and Josh went to bed. Tomorrow Essa had a gig scheduled for a movie, Knights of Honor, and she wanted to be well rested for it.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Is anyone else having a problem with Imgur? Once again it won't upload any of my images for my post. :( Switching from Beta to the original worked before. But now that doesn't work and I don't know how to get back to the Beta version to see if that works.
    *Updated my June 22nd Post above, finally! I apologize for the double post, but yay! I got my post uploaded using Postimages. It was a pain doing them one at a time and adding the BB code to them, but at least I was able to do it. Hopefully Imgur will be up and running again later so I can upload my images for today on there. I have them all ready, but I think I'll wait. Thanks for being so patient with me, hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having a problem with Imgur? Once again it won't upload any of my images for my post. :( Switching from Beta to the original worked before. But now that doesn't work and I don't know how to get back to the Beta version to see if that works.

I haven’t checked it yet since yesterday evening (=right before I posted my two updates). Everything was working fine then. I don’t have anything to upload right now, but I can take a look at it later.
    edited June 2021
    Update 172 - Blessing of the Bones

bJJ9AoK.jpg
    Back in the jungle, Jules, Emmett, and Ruby decided to explore another temple, when Melody decided to call and invite Jules over to her house. Why do these phone calls come at the most inconvenient times haha? I totally would have accepted if she had been home :)
    0R5QB4k.png

I don't have much of a story today, just some more entertaining moments in the temple again.

Jules went to activate another mechanism as they explored this new temple, and this one decided to deplete her bladder need to the point of bladder failure (seriously, didn't even give me a chance to find her a bush, poor thing. This is Jules' first bladder failure and hopefully her only one lol) The puddle spawned like three feet away though haha.
    7zF6sVV.jpg

Yeah Jules, clearly you stink :D
    XR4KnHP.jpg

She was prepared though :)
    bxemZaf.jpg

She also has to activate 5 of these relic things for her aspiration. Clearly the skull on this one is not a good sign (If I had bothered to hover over it before activating it, I would have clearly seen is was a death relic O.O)
    PuEQK79.png
    QcSCSob.png

I honestly don't know if the game is registering her pregnancy yet with it paused in the not showing phase, so I'm not sure how worried I should be about stuff like this lol. Best not to take too many chances...
    kyA9EW7.png

It zapped her with an electric bolt after that (didn't get a screenshot) but here she is feeling very dazed.
    GHXFdKa.jpg

This overgrown room make for a nice scenery shot. Even though Jules' facial expression is ruining it a bit :D
    9xwQY8t.jpg

I decided to let Emmett do the activation of the mechanisms after that, just since Jules was in a compromised condition lol. He didn't aways have great luck either, but he didn't get hit with any curses thankfully.
    Id5oE1c.png

For her aspiration, Jules still needs to find two more rare treasures, and since there's only one rare chest per temple (as least so far) that means that I have to wait for two more temple resets. I might end up just blasting through those quickly unless something entertaining happens for screenshot purposes. I really want to get these aspirations finished this month since it's not always easy incorporating jungle trips into my story haha.
    q05Jqi4.jpg

While Jules sought out the treasure, Ruby made a new friend.
    Xuvo3uV.jpg

Jules looks a little wary of this new acquaintance haha.
    cXpvZNP.jpg

Will all my temple trips end with Jules buying an antidote lol?
    EOuNcTm.png

Figured she'd just glow a bit and be cured like last time. Nope, another exciting twist!
    jYbwaWv.png
    Iyt3NlM.png

The Blessing of the Bones is a 12 hour condition, just in case you guys aren't familiar with it, so Jules gets to spend a little bit of time as as goofy colorful skeleton but will go back to normal shortly :)

Emmett was understandably a bit shocked.
    5VpfC9o.png

And perhaps Jules is apologizing to Ruby here for being judgmental of her new friend earlier haha. Emmett got over his shock fast. He's thinking, "Man, I love my my wife. She's gorgeous even as a skeleton. I'll love her no matter what."
    HjK50OE.png

I ended this play session by having Jules dance "The Rumbasim" again haha.
    EAGibd9.png
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    June 23
    Week 8 Thursday

2021-06-13-09_39_57-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    edited June 2021
    June 18 - Del Sol Valley -The Final Countdown!

del-sol-valley-airplane.png
    It's Monday and Wolfgang works today from 11am - 6pm and Sakura has the day off.

fan-mail-mon-sakura.png

Sakura gets some fan mail. And it is actually nice fan mail. She gets a little statue (Gonk), and a rose! A rose! Oh my gosh...from one of her adoring fans. How sweet!

sakura-working-on-a-painting-trying-to-get-last-asterpiece-mon.png

Sakura is working very hard on her painter career, working on masterpieces. One more to go for the aspiration...and....yes! she gets it!

yes-complete-the-aspiration.png

And Sakura completes the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration.

With that done, Sakura had a bit of free time and decided to get to work on her Winterfest gifts. Both she and Wolfgang were making hand-crafted gifts for everyone. Sakura had decided to give some knitted items, and already had knit a pair of green multi-colored crew socks (legendary) for Gunther, and was busy knitting some beanies.

winterfest-is-coming-so-sakura-works-on-some-gifts.png

She was also working on gifts for the wedding attendants, from Wolfgang and her. She had knitted, Pepper The Penguin, (2 legendary) for Elsa and Lucas. Sakura loved penguins because "when a penguin finds it's mate, they stay together forever." Sakura felt she had found that with Wolfgang, and hoped that Lucas and Elsa would find someone as special. All the other attendants would be receiving copies of her masterpiece paintings.
    GUEST-SPEAK-AT-ENGINEERING-CLASS.png

For Wolfgang's daily task, he has been invited to guest speak at an Engineering Class. I guess since he crashed one last week, they thought they should officially ask him to speak at a class. So, it's off to university again.

back-at-uni-giving-an-engineering-guest-lecture.png

He also had to recruit a product tester, and with all the students on campus, the task was easily done.

recruiting-product-tester-rev.png

When Wolfgang comes home, it's back to work on the servo. He almost has all of the parts he needs.

what-it-takes-to-make-a-servo.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Later that evening, when the sky was clear, Wolfgang asked Sakura if she would help him test the rocket ship. All she had to do was put on a space suit and Wolfgang would be controlling the rocket ship remotely from below. She would actually not be going in space, just hovering above the atmosphere, and he would still be able to see the rocket ship. Sakura would be testing the on-board camera and taking some photos from space. Wolfgang would be monitoring her and talking to her at all times, in case there were any difficulties. The rocket ship had not yet been fully upgraded for full space travel, but Wolfgang had upgraded the Landing Stabilizers.

sakura-heading-to-space-to-eat-a-grilled-cheese-sandwich.png

Sakura thought it would be fun and agreed. After outfitting Sakura in her space suit and showing her how to work some controls, she was off.

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...and blast-off....!!!

ricket-launch-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "Ground Control to Sakura...can you hear me?"

Sakura: "This is Sakura to Ground Control...Affirmative...vital signs check..."

Wolfgang: "Ground Control to Sakura...commence automatic photo shoot..."

Sakura: "This is Sakura to Ground Control...mmmmm.....nom...nom...nom...."

Wolfgang: "Ground Control to Sakura...you're breaking up. Can you hear me, Sakura?"

Silence.

Wolfgang: "Ground Control to Sakura...Can you hear me?" he repeated again. He looked up and could see the rocket ship, but somehow they had lost audio. He tried again, "Ground Control to Sakura...Can you hear me?"

heading-off-to-space-sakura.png

Sakura: "This is Sakura to Ground Control. Affirmative. Just doing an eating experiment and testing out eating a grilled cheese sandwich in space. It is the cheesiest ever!"
    ate-grilled-cheese-in-space.png
    grilled-cheese-aspiration-completed.png

Wolfgang: "Ground Control to Sakura. Sounds like something that I would do. Commencing space photo download...complete. Okay, Sakura, I'm bringing you down, prepare for re-entry..."

Sakura: "This is Sakura to Ground Control. Affirmative."

And Sakura lands safely and Wolfgang is waiting for her when she lands.

Wolfgang: "Sakura, you did an outstanding job. How are you feeling?"

congrats-sakura-how-does-it-feel-in-space.png

Sakura smiling: "That was amazing, Wolfgang. I was floating in space. I wish you had been there with me..." she said removing her space suit.

you-know-what-im-thinking.png

Wolfgang: "Well....I think we can arrange that," he said as he grabbed his space suit and handed Sakura's space suit back to her, "Let's see what other things we can do in space..." he said as he winked at her and they boarded the rocket ship together.

guess-what-they-are-doing.png

Sakura: "Oh, Wolfgang!"
    love-is-outta-site.png

cool-spae-romp.png

woohoo-rocket-ship-yes.png
    50-mile-high-green-woohoo-notice.png
    50-mile-high-club.png

When they landed, Wolfgang practically fell out of the rocket ship.

wolfgang-practically-falls-out-of-the-rocketshipp.png

Wolfgang: "I am really going to have to start taking some vitamins...or Tang*...or something..." he said feeling a bit wobbly on his feet, "...or I'm not going to make it to the honeymoon..."

Sakura: "The honeymoon? You know...there are still a few days before then..."

Wolfgang: "Right! Yes. I definitely need to start taking those vitamins now..." he laughed and gave Sakura an autonomous cheek kiss.

im-not-sure-how-i-can-concentrate-on-work-after-that-autonomous-cheek-kiss-wolf.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The Final Countdown, song by Europe, 1986.

The song is about a space flight to Venus, where they may never return. I thought this was a good song to quote for today's post, as they go on a rocket ship flight, and Sakura and Wolfgang's wedding is only a few days away...the final countdown...

Although the cover shot is a bit dark, there is a helicopter with their searchlight on, and an airplane overhead. Just lucky to have seen that when I did.

The conversation between Wolfgang and Sakura when she is in space is a version of the conversation between Ground Control and Major Tom in the song, Space Oddity by David Bowie (1969), with a happier ending, of course.

*Tang, is a General Foods made powder beverage, which was taken on some of the first space flights.
    tang-ad-astronaut.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2021
    Two pieces of good news: I passed one of my exams. Many more to come, (and loads of chaos all around), but still... :blush:
    Also, I played Sims! Wooo! Perhaps we'll someday even get to the whole aging up...

@Karababy52 I had problems again too! After a while, uploading them in groups of 5 worked... still was annoying though. :s
    last update | Overview post&rules
    Update 30- Bridgeview

5OksPk5.png

Sarahs Diary
    ktGzZ4y.png
    Mom?! Dad?!
    Mark had gone to get the mail… what was taking him so long? We never got important mail! Although Sophia had said that she was waiting for a letter from school…
    8IF8IhU.png
    Looking out of the window, I saw him staring at a letter. Greg appeared next to me and called: „Bring it inside boy, it can‘t be that bad...“
    L3jST7L.png
    Minutes later, I was about to change my mind. A letter from the city, from the new major. And not any letter… a life-changing letter. It said, quote, that „we have examined your house for stability and safety. We have come to the conclusion that it cannot be classified safe for inhabitation. Mold and Erosion have weakened the walls, and its construction is not up to modern standards. Therefore, you need to move as fast as possible, with the latest possible date being the end of January. The city will bulldoze the house and build a new one in cooperation with you. We will also assist you in finding alternative accomodations, supplying financial aid as neccesary. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, please contact us as soon as possible."
    txvTtfM.png
    Moving! How were we going to find another home? How were we going to afford a move?! And so soon - only a few weeks until the end of january!
    PVOzxTL.png
    *beep beep*... Greg could you please silence your phone?!
    Sorry. Just some prank text. Although it's weirdly fitting the situation. I know, it's serious... I'll ask around.
    -As if you'd be able to organize this... Mom I'll see what I can do to help you, my friend's dad...
    Mark, please be nice, ok? We have to stick together...
    et6sudd.png
    Miles... you know we want to go to the park later, so would you please do your homework? Miles and Sophia, you too!
    XaaoGpn.png
    Actually, this is weird. I should feel devastated, but strangely, I don't. I mean, this is going to be a drama to figure out and organize. But perhaps a new house is the best thing for all of us! More space for all of us, perhaps more than two kid's rooms, no more creaky boards and mouldy walls... And the city said we'd get financial aid!
    PPo60Ha.png
    Guys what is happening here?!
    In retrospect, Paris came to visit. Sophia brought him home quite a few times already, he seems friendly enough. No wild advances or dreamy sighs so far... I think I'll talk to her again about what real love is and what she shouldn't consent to...
    Anyways, apparently Greg only noticed *right now* that Sophia has been seeing a boy - and decided the appropriate response was to be rude. Not that Paris would have reacted better. Sigh... Boys.
    fpoky0u.png
    At least Sophia didn't get upset, she was outside looking after the bees. Lately I've been a bit busy, and she seems to enjoy. She already said she wants a little garden... Perhaps in the new house.
    giJtsQy.png
    And then, it was already time for our birthday boy! But where was everyone?
    RNzt27M.png
    Paris, you can see Sophia again later, right now we'd like to have a little family time...
    VRBVckt.png
    Mark, thank you for interrupting your workout... Sophia, please come inside now...
    Miles, please stop writing... You know we'll go to the park later on, you can take out your diary again after that.
    -and no Mark, your Dad and I are going to figure this out with the city. No need to talk bad about him. I know you want to help, just... leave this to the adults, ok?
    bnvOmPs.png
    Connor, it's your birthday! I know some grown-up stuff is boring, but growing up can be fun! Don't you want cake and presents?
    Dear kid <3
    2rAjeqa.png
    Mom, Greg's missing! Bet he's with Rachel again and doesn't care about us.
    Mark, don't say that! Please just be nice, ok? I'll go get him and take care of Amelia...
    dvMjsYr.png
    Greg - Amelia's crying, Mark is making snide remarks about you not giving a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about any of us, and your son has his birthday right now. Come on, you are the Dad - act like it!
    c8dqe49.png
    Finally...
    zBgqWVH.png
    i3Vv2oo.png
    lQqXtHn.png
    5OksPk5.png
    Meet Connor! My baby... I can't believe he's ready to start school already. He's such a lovely outgoing boy, I hope he won't have any trouble finding friends.
    eruWLi5.png
    Teif56Y.png
    And he got presents too... :smiley: A digital camera to document all the exiting places he sees, and a journal.

Now, I think the kids want to go to the park... and me and Greg need to do some work and find a house. Please, someone, make this work out... Please?

Characters, Lot, Gallery
    Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins), Miles, Connor, Amelia & Rachel (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is an adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep her family afloat. After six babies, she went into early menopause and is now infertile.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a teenager already. She continues to prefer doing things alone, mostly being outside gardening.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a teenager as well. He likes being outdoors at the river catching some fish, or taking a nap to recover after all the work fishing is.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a child already. His fun-loving personality is overshadowed by some gloom, and he aims to uncover the secrets of simkind at his science table.
    • Connor Britton - The fourthborn. He is very energetic and outgoing. Connor wants to travel and discover the world when he grows up. In preparation, he likes to take photos and write his pen pals.
    • Amelia Britton - The fifthborn and the challenge Sim. She is a very easygoing baby who often gets lost in the shuffle of this crazy household.
    • Rachel (Rae) Britton - The sixthborn. She is a very needy babie who cries a lot, firmly claiming her place among all the other kids. Greg dotes on her, partly because he got to name her after his very first video game heroine - Rae.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Schedule (subject to change)
    This schedule still seems like a good idea, but I have to post noteably less due to RL constraints, so we'll see. I might try to get the Challenge Sim aged up until the 14th-20th of June, then use the rest of June and the whole July (?) for the toddler stage and see how it goes. The MCC settings will be adjusted as I feel neccesary.
    I am planning to play for 14 months ingame. 4-5 days as baby, 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    Imgur was not working for me either earlier. Page loaded and all, but picture did not. Now working, tho.
    Hondo does not like Malcolm, I suppose it is because this newbie started to argue with HIM! :D Oh and about the tower, naturally with tab mode I could get as many moon or sun pics I wished, but not when I wanted to the sims be in the picture too :)

--OH! Nik Sr as bouncer! I would not like to fight with him :D Haha, well at least Veera was having something on, this time :D (I honestly forgot that she had CC outfit as her second one:p and mismatching one, on the top of that ) But she really should of decide what to wear at the first time, no need to make that big entrance 3 4 times :joy: Oh, cool bouncer, well, naturally :p As I said, hostess/host can be anyone , mine was Judith herself last time :D Once it was Clement Frost :p LOL, Melody does not like to get the job well :D To be fair, they all usually look like "okay, been there done that, can you stop talking so we can carry on!" :p LOL about the boobs comments :D I love that last pic where all the sages pics show from the mirror :)
    -- Melody, I will not forgive you that you left! idn't you learn anything about the lecture you got doing the same at Sakura's party??? And Josh please, I think you will have more than enough opportunities to watch Molly playing?? How many starts will Essa put down?? I know, not in purpose, but still! :neutral: Great Bowling shots! And wow about the painting!! :o

@SoulGal7 ,
    --Lovely update, they had good time and not phonecalls from.. you know who :smiley:
    -- Great night time shot, with the plane and all <3 Great for completing that painter aspiration, it is handy :) Also for completing the grilled cheese and getting up there! :) And of course the woohoo :p

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you, very kind of you :)<3
    -- Haha that plane do not surely fly again :p Poor Pickle! Not like his dream holiday and now this!! Ah well, at least you do not have angry ladies around because you forgot to visit your puppy, like my poor Snowflake had :p
    -- Melody! You and your timing, first with Essa in Karababy52's game, now with Jules here :p Sceleton Jules looks hilarious, poor Emmett :D And once again lots of happenings there :smiley: And I think Jules face in that family photo is priceless :joy:

@Skeilah ,
    -- Poor Bryon, fans all over the place :/ Oh.. familiar lot :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,783 Member
    Melody Connors, and the blonde one.

Day 14 , June.

cH3EtGx.png
    Yeah..
    emmw6IG.png
    Breakfast..
    Malcolm: "Is that good? Beef kebab, I just grilled it.."
    Melody: "Yes! It is.. but.. maybe something missing.."
    Malcolm: "What? Want it to be more scpicey? There is chili, i can bring it to you..."
    Melody: "No..honey."
    Malcolm:"Yes?"
    Melody: "No, Honey, sorry, I meant honey.. do we have any honey left??"
    Malcolm: "Ehh.. you want honey on your beef?? Okay.. I'll get some...."
    H1E1xti.png
    cH3EtGx.png
    I was going to send her to lounge right after breakfast, both decided I suuuuuuuucccckkkkk, and did this instead :D
    Vr9f2cC.png
    Thank you for finally agreeing with me! You need that song for aspiration!
    ispjd9h.png
    After she finally composed her 4th song.. well okay if you wish, but you need more practice on that..

Okay, then something hilarious happened at background! Or nothing really happened, but it looked like it :D
    3pc96fl.png
    Essa was nice and tipped her, despite she played very poorly :)
    1ZcSqSz.png
    Why is that one SV random military sim is looking her like THAT?? Creepy!
    a956dQG.png
    Then someone showed up outside with a bike.. hello there.
    PoxyETR.png
    Then I saw Essa running out of the lounge, directly to him.. or so I thought and was yelling at her like "Hey!! you are not with him this game, you are happily married and mother of 4!
    ekImEwE.png
    But she ran past him and did not even look at him.. but he did!! DUDE!! you are married too, and let me tell you, Nikolas Jr in this game is far more dangerous to piiiiisssss of than Damon in that other!
    TGeqHNw.png
    WECQr6J.png
    feJvW91.png
    Then she stopped, turned around and walked to him. I was like "Noooo, please nooo.." :joy: I am sorry dude , but I am not breaking her marriage...
    This point I had to cheat to make Melody happy... poor girl, pregnant and all, still was playing that violin and her needs were almost red :D

So they stood there, obviously glitched, until.. dunno, maybe some reset happened.
    tfy7kbu.png
    9EgfzkN.png
    Then she started write her autograph.. but clearly something was going wrong :D
    Jt5FK2s.png
    Essa is like "What? You looked after me!" and Josh: "Lady, please! I may look after a beautiful lady, but I never asked your picture!" Lol, what is true , in this case :p

ySCfmDQ.png
    Then, he took the bike and ASKED ESSA FOR AUTOGRAPH!!! Whaaaat? :D Now they had so audience as well :p
    m3tLrt5.png
    7Prg0cD.png
    uPehd9D.png
    OF COURSE SHE SAID NO!! What were you thinking, dude? :D

6BzcQGW.png
    That SV dude obviously was happy because Essa refused :D
    YE8hWKJ.png
    Sims!! You gotta be kidding me!! :joy::joy:

BEECDCx.png
    znoF232.png
    She licensed her song, got a nomination to Award, is now 2 star celeb and 2nd trimester :D
    4rNPwaP.png
    Aw <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited June 2021
    @Karababy52
    I agree, I always thought the plane wreck was super cool, even though there isn't much to interact with. There's really not a lot of variation of things to do in Selvadorada until you make it to a temple, which makes playing it pretty repetitive sometimes. Definitely a nice pack to play and then wait a while before going back - I think I spent a bit too much time here this month because I was pretty much ready to be done at this point, even though it was a lot of fun. I am gonna be able to finish both of the aspirations though which was really my goal for this month so I'm happy about that!

The wellness treats are a good idea - I totally forgot about those! And thanks, I think I'll have a lot of fun playing the GTW features more meaningfully. Even with a sad little excuse for a world and no aspiration, there's more to do with that pack than I initially thought when I decided to make some plans for next month. You said your favorite active career is the scientist one right? I've only really played the detective one. found I didn't enjoy the doctor one that much, and I just never really took the time to play the scientist one, so I think I'll give that one a go, especially since I do want to do stuff with Sixam next month :)

HAha, I used to write some pretty erotic fanfiction back in the day, so I get it ;)

This is a great site to find CC wedding dresses (and other wedding CC if you desire) if you wanted to have a look. I think that's where I found Jules'. You can filter your search too by style too. https://sims4weddingcc.tumblr.com/

I love that Josh and Essa's friends and family (who were available) showed up for her Tile Ceremony. I'm sorry though that they acted like dumb sims and were a hot mess for most of the ceremony haha. It is such a pain to get sims, even ones you are controlling, to cooperate for a good screenshot sometimes. So fun that Bryon and Sakura showed up in your game for the first time too! And I felt sad for Essa about her family not being able to come. Are you gonna surprise us with the date of this wedding, or can I ask when you plan to do it? :)

Super fun bowling screenshots too! I love midnight bowling too, that lane is super cool! I love watching sims improve at things like bowling and skating. That's a good idea I might have to borrow - a bowling night, since Ruby can participate in that as well. I have a few bowling alley lots, including one in Bex's basement haha. And daannng, that's an impressive price for her painting on Plopsy! I have gotten a few closer to $10,000 recently, but never much higher than that.

@SoulGal7
    Sakura's fan mail is much nicer than Jules' Strangerville Hero fan mail haha. She usually just gets spoiled fish and cupcakes :D Great work with the painting aspiration too! The painter career is nice too since you can unlock a lot of easels that you can't any other way. Love that she is knitting people Winterfest gifts too, so sweet. As always, I love all the thought you put into gifts and which items are truly meaningul to each sim. I'm gonna have Ruby start knitting little gift for her little sibling <3

And yay, you have a rocket and completed the grilled cheese aspiration! I'm sorry I can't remember, but when did Sakura talk to the Grim Reaper about grilled cheese? Did you include that in an update? Sorry if I'm totally just blanking. AND YES, I WAS WAITING FOR THAT ROCKET SHIP WOOHOO! So fun, that's on the list of things for for Jules and Emmett to do next month ;)

So excited for their wedding <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Malcolm's face in your daily shot is great. He's like, "I'm a lucky guy and I know it."

Hello Josh and Essa, funny to see them not together in your save haha. They are trying very hard to be together though apparently haha. And Essa has FOUR kids now?? You really need to do an update on the challengers kids at some point if you have time, I'd love to see them all haha. That shirt Essa is wearing is lovely too. As is Melody's pregancy outfit, as I think I said before. Are they CC or just from packs I sadly don't have? I do love the "feel baby" interaction, definitely a cute one <3

I do think I'll invite Melody and the challenge sims over for an event at some point. Jules is working on both the food aspirations now (more about that in my story tomorrow) and I think both of them require making food and drinks during an event so I might as well use your sims for a little party :)

@permanentrose - Ah. yes, talking to Grim about grilled cheese. I left that part out because it actually happened at Foxbury the night of their engagement, and I didn't really want to include that in the engagement chapter, especially since the sim wasn't saved. It would have been a real downer. A Bot Savant member passed into the other world when they were working on the robotics table, because instead of offering Grim the death flower, Wolfgang tried to plead for her, but it didn't work, and then he couldn't give Grim the death flower. However, he did ask Grim to be their roommate! lol Sakura took the urn and laid the student to rest near the water, and strengthened the bond, so the student will be seen as a ghost on campus.

I deleted most of those photos, but kept some from when Grim became their roomie. So, the mystery is now solved. I haven't gone back to the residence, so Grim might still be a roommate there. Of course he would. None of their other roomies stay, but Grim does. It figures! Here is a photo of Grim autonomously performing karaoki for Sakura and Wolf on their engagement night.

here-we-go-again.png
    new-roomie-grim-reaper.png

what-they-do-they-night-of-their-engagement-watch-grim-karaoke.png
    June - Day 23: "Tournament of Honor"

o71EFaV.png

Notes
    gl095ab.png
    "Ynogh! One's behavior is intolerable cherl. One has noon knightly virtues, noon respect for ladies and noon skill with a sword. One will nat beth knighted. Beth gone anon from one's sight or shaltow beth fettered and one's pryvetes severed!"

KXgwpCp.png
    "Weylaway, artow nyce. Forthy Ich shall yeve namo rewe for one cherl! Ich yaf One a aventure."

1yzECl8.png
    Fj3Bm36.png
    l7bPHe5.png
    GmSEMJS.png
    Zjjg9Ay.png
    Wanderere one Essa!

rVfD6XJ.png
    S2phAtI.png
    "Bitymes slideth or ich will certes quelle oo cherl!"

X8nOWjl.png
    "Ich as one's ese, maistow beth joly everich!

HlUFtcS.png
    "Ich brenne for one ay."

Ll9n3l7.png
    "Ich must hastow le!"

5XNOaTL.png
    RSBrLj5.png

5TSNA6a.png
    "Han fay everich! Certes rathe one's pyne will bitymes beth sola. Ich seye sooth."

i86oCHH.png
    "Ich sterve rathe."

tnR6kJA.png
    "Weylaway, noon boote for one...swich a routh..."

CVshg3b.png
    As befitting a Master Actress, Essa's final performance of her career would go down in history as the grandest of them all.
    Definition of Middle English Words used in this chapter:

anon - at once
    artow - thou art
    as - like
    aventure - chance
    ay - always
    beth - be
    brenne - burn
    bitymes - quickly
    boote - remedy
    certes - surely
    cherl - common man, peasant, ruffian
    ese - refreshment, food
    everich - every one
    fay - faith
    fettered - shackled
    forthy - therefore
    han - have
    hastow - have you
    ich - I
    joly - merry
    le - dear
    maistow - may you
    namo - no more
    nat - not
    noon - no
    nyce - foolish
    oo - one, you
    pryvetes - private parts, genitals
    pyne - pain
    quelle - kill
    rathe - soon
    rewe - mercy
    routh - pity
    seye - say
    shaltow - you shall
    slideth - slip away
    sola - pleasure, comfort, solace
    sooth - truth
    sterve - die
    swich - such
    wanderere - look out behind
    weylaway - alas
    yaf - gave
    yeve - give
    ynogh - enough

iOQGuho.png
    Congratulations Essa! She finished the Master Actress aspiration and is now a World Renowned Actress!

nDIb7al.png
    Back home, Essa and Josh took a soak to relax. They had a few decisions to make now, but in the meanwhile, they just wanted to enjoy being together.
    "Are you upset I won't be acting anymore?"
    "Not at all, you've rose to the challenge once again and reached your goal with grace and style. Just like I knew you would and will for whatever comes next."

GmOBmWZ.png
    "Speaking of whatever comes next..."

bSaO6Ud.png
    "I love you Beautiful, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I can't wait to share the rest of our lives together."

zF32Jrf.png

Comments coming up next! Hope y'all had a fabulous day/night! <3
    @Skeilah
    Thanks for offering to check it out, it's back up now though. I don't know why it was down, but it wasn't just for me. I'm glad it's back. Postimages is an okay back-up when this happens, but it's not at all set-up like Imgur and I had to do one image at a time and add the bb codes to the links, etc.

@permanentrose
    Aww, darn. Essa's been meaning to have Melody over as well, but she's been too busy with her career. Good thing Jules had that waterfall in a bottle! Uh oh, death by electrocution, not good. o.O Love that overgrown garden room, it's so pretty. I think I've had two treasure chests at the end a couple times, so it is possible. Funny how those skeletons are supposed to be temple guardians, but they don't really do much other than play their rib bones and want to chat. :D Oh how cool is that! I knew it was possible but never happened yet to my Sims. I don't blame Emmett for being shocked. :D HAHA! I so would've done the same thing having my Sim dance the Rumbasim as a skeleton. So fun!

Yep, JA can get repetitive at times, but it is a fun pack and I just LOVE the world! It's just so beautiful! One of my favorites actually. Glad you'll be able to get both aspirations finished! Yes! Scientist is my favorite. It's just got so much more going for it than the other careers in my opinion. So many cool things they can make, plus all the potions, going to Sixam, the cool career clothes, plus there's a ton of collectibles around the lab and the build/buy is fabulous! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, it's my favorite career of all careers, not just the active ones.

Thank you for the link to the CC Wedding site, I'll check it out! :) Yeah the tile ceremony was a hot mess, twice, but they got through it okay. Placing the tile was the main objective for the aspiration, so it's all good. :) I'll let you know when I know when the wedding will be. :D I'm just waiting for a chunk of time to do it at the moment. Hopefully next month. I thought maybe this month, but I'm running out of time now and still need to do the other aspiration. If not next month, then in August, probably. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Go for it with the bowling, it's fun to watch them. I love the Midnight bowling colors, the fireball, the special balls they unlock, the little animations for the different results of their roll, etc. It does take a LONG time though when two or more Sims are bowling. Just a warning. Especially if you have them chat at the same time. They stand around a lot. But it's still fun. :) I think one of her GF perks might have something to do with the higher value on the paintings. Never had one that high before. *shrugs*

@SoulGal7
    Nice fanmail for Sakura! Congrats to her for finishing the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration too! Aww, great idea of having them make handmade gifts for Winterfest and their wedding attendants! Ooo, Wolfgang's getting close to making a Servo! So exciting! Very cool how you handled the 'eat a grilled cheese in space' part of that aspiration. I love the 'ground control' convo between them. Congrats to Sakura for completing that aspiration as well! And congrats on their initiation into the 50 Mile High club! hehe

@Miss_eulenauge
    Yeah, I just gave up and used PostImages until Imgur came back online. I would've much rather been able to load only 5 at a time as opposed to only one at a time. That's all I could do on the other site. Glad it's working again!

@Ellupelluellu
    Yep, thankfully it was working again when I was ready to upload today's post. *whew* :D No wonder Hondo did not like him if he immediately started to argue with the guy. Oh yeah, I figured that was the case. The tab key can help you get almost any angle you want, but can't always get your Sims in the screenshot too. I was SO happy to see Nik as a bouncer! He fits the part! ;) I got such a laugh at Veera. She just wanted to show off her clothes! Just curious but which gown is your favorite? I'm guessing the yellow one. I personally like Josh's favorite. ;)

I had good 'ol Clement as a Host once too! :D I wonder what the criteria is for being a host. All hosts look bored or sad to be there eh? I had no idea. Thanks about the Sages photos in the mirror. I did that on purpose. So at least they could be there on her special day in some way. :)

Aww, Melody just wanted to help Malcom out. It's cool. I'm just glad I remembered to make her and Malcom famous too before this event. It was fun seeing them together getting attention. And of course seeing Veera again, plus Sakura, Bryon and Roxanne. :) Yeah, none of that was really Josh's fault, it was just the game AI in action. It was annoying, but oh well, she got her tile placed for the aspiration. That's all that really matters. To be fair with the painting, the base price was over 17K, I didn't expect it to sell for that much more though! I think one of her perks had something to do with that. :D

hehe I see Melody has some strange cravings going on! :D Too funny they canceled going to the lounge in favor of woo hoo! Good for them! ;) I guess Melody was just in a musical mood is why she played the violin. :) Whoa! That look the SV Sim is giving Essa looks intense. o.O JOSH! Hey there Dude! :) So fun seeing him in your game for the first time! hehe Josh just appreciates a beautiful girl when he sees one. I'm sure he's happily married as is Essa and yeah, I bet Nik Jr. would beat the stuffin's out of Josh if he tried anything. Josh is big and strong, but not as big/strong as Nik Jr. ;)

OMG! That's hilarious! She offered her autograph, he refused, then he asks for it and SHE refuses. And that random fan cheering about it so she does give him an autograph as Josh walks away is just the cherry on top! Oh I loved seeing this, thank you so much for sharing! What a fun coincidence they actually met in your game eh? Okay, now go home to Nik Jr. Essa and you go home to Sandra Josh. Not going to have any shenanigans going on here. Nope!

Yay Melody got nominated, Congrats to her! Not long for the baby now too. Can't wait to see the baby! :)
    Update 173 - Back in Oasis Springs

LF15MuZ.jpg
    So Jules ended up finishing the Jungle Explorer Aspiration sooner than I thought!
    N8ayA9z.png

She made one more trip to the temple, and then she actually got a rare treasure from one of those pop up adventures that happen when you clear away the vines of the jungle gates. She also activated 5 of those relics with mixed results, but no one else got marked for death and I found a good one that blessed them with simoleons, so I just waited for that cool down period to reset and activated that one a few times to reach that milestone. I honestly wasn't really feeling like doing a story for the end of this jungle trip, but I'll share a few screenshots I got under a spoiler here :)
    Just hanging out while the temple reset.
    sRG2RFz.jpg
    ul7ZSSL.jpg

Activating the good relic on Emmett :)
    YShmfc6.jpg

It began to rain horrendously when they made it to the temple again. Glad they could be inside.
    LMfX2sm.jpg

Instead of looking happy to be opening this last treasure chest, she just looks so over it haha.
    7UsIfNI.jpg

Honestly, I was a bit over it too. I only kept them here as long as I did for aspiration purposes. Selvadorada is a gorgeous world and this pack is so much fun - I wish it was a residential world since I feel like I could have taken these aspirations more slowly if that were the case. It would be super cool to live in Selvadorada and still have access to your family inventory and be able to have jobs and all that. Since my goal this month was to finish these aspirations, I felt like I was playing the temples too often during my short vacations when it's more fun to spread out them on multiple vacations (or if you could live in Selvadorada, there wouldn't be so much pressure to get them done fast without those vacation days ticking down). So if any of you decide to do this pack at some point this year, I recommend doing it more spread out and not trying to finish the aspirations on a deadline :)

So they returned home from vacation, and it was a nice opportunity for a little time jump. Let's get Jules officially in her first trimester :)
    2z6CI8v.jpg

She and Emmett went to the doctor for an ultrasound, and found out that they are having a baby boy <3 (I'm gonna be painting the nursery blue so I figured I'd just tell you guys since it will be pretty obvious :wink:)
    B5Hgv1Z.jpg

While they were at their appointment, Jules asked how Hugo was, since since hadn't heard a lot from him lately. Skeilah told them that Hugo had decided to expand his bakery into a full restaurant (not really, I still don't own that pack lol) and that he was just really busy getting everything into place for that. Jules made a mental note to give him a call soon so she could catch up with him and ask him about his new business endeavor.

Gotta love it that sims can't go for a jog while pregnant, but in their first trimester, they can still do some heavy lifting.
    vUCGbBk.png

Jules also decided to get started on preparing the nursery. Emmett had helped her clear out all the furniture the night before, and it was time to paint.
    hSdjMlj.jpg

By the time Ruby can home from school, she had made some good progress, and Ruby thought it was looking great.
    O76jzla.jpg

Even though she was busy with preparations for the baby, Jules still felt like she had a lot of down time. She had just finished writing an archeology book that Maneula had requested she write for others interested in starting this hobby. Other than that, she didn't have any other writing gigs on her plate.
    IO66uKw.jpg

So she decided to call Hugo up to see how things were going with converting the bakery into a full restaurant. It turned out he needed a lot of help. He was having trouble finding a consistent employee to hire as a bartender. So as ironic as it is for a pregnant lady to get a job as a mixologist, Jules told him that she could help out for a bit before the the baby was born (This is my really lame way of getting Jules to join the culinary career for a bit to do those two aspirations haha).
    7g4WgmK.jpg

Emmett came home from work that day as moody as Malcolm in @Ellupelluellu's game haha.
    QyWsXBW.png

So Jules tried on her new work uniform and decided to tend the bar for him to lift his spirits and get some practice mixing drinks. (She officially starts at the end of the week!)
    7dbb9WM.png

Meanwhile, Isla Douglas asked to come over to for a visit (She's the daughter of my two main sims - Rose and Carrie - from my main save and she has aged up just for this save :smile:) Gotta take some selfies together to raise that friendship bar up fast ;) (Thank goodness Ruby's social aspiration is finally working properly again! She's nearly done now.)
    tg1rWLz.jpg

Since it was a nice autumn evening, they fished for a bit.
    TdPzcxK.png

Then they stargazed as well.
    AbYysAO.png

After Isla had left and Ruby was tucked in to bed for the night, Emmett still needed a bit of fun boost, so we can arrange that ;)
    8ZdHrTN.jpg

Much like Malcolm, I think he's appreciating her pregnancy boobs haha.
    T8vI2gS.jpg

And of course this is how the night ended ;)
    3WTfQLT.jpg

And that's it for now, tomorrow is Harvestfest in my game so Jules' family will come over to celebrate since we haven't seen them in a while :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top