Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    To: @permanentrose (and anyone else who is willing to help with a question about how to post my next day's post.)
    I've run into quite a situation regarding tomorrow's doctor post. (and any future major story posts) Will take some thought to figure it out. :frowning: basically: I don't know whether to just include it during the day as it happens, or create a separate day post for it... or what. I have two "free days" that I need (for my OCD) to have before June first (so the day in game matches the day out of game - in other words, it's Monday for Jaz when it's Monday for me) - and I was planning to do house tours for those days, but I could, potentially, use it for this dr. appointment... because there's a lot that happens. And a ton of pictures I "staged" .. and I have yet to play tomorrow's actual "day" yet... which would mean pictures on top of pictures. I don't know how much "staging" or photo shoots I will be using going forward in the story. I like the idea of having the pictures to go with the story, but to get them I have to do it in a different save because sometimes it's hard to manipulate the sims to do exactly what you need them to do.... so I'll always end up with extra pictures on important story days. I don't want to get off schedule, but I don't want to overwhelm readers, either. :frowning:
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @IllusoryThrall
    If you haven't played tomorrow yet, and you want to keep your days lined up, even though you're not using an actual "day" for the doctor's appointment, I would just play that day and take a few screenshots and add them on to your post with the doctor stuff. Or just play a day without screenshots, sometimes it's nice not to have to pause and get them but you still make progress behind the scenes. I do that a lot in my game. I get the photos I want, and the rest is just necessary stuff that I don't bother to post or take screenshots of that keeps my game moving along. I don't try to stay on track for a certain day to match up (and sometimes I play more than one sim day at a time) but for this challenge, as you can tell haha, I'm very invested in storytelling, so I'll get my screenshots for that, and then if I want it to be the next day in my game even though the staged stuff only took a few sim hours, I'll just play for a while to catch up to where I want to be without taking extra photos. Or if something interesting happened that I just HAD to post, I'll grab a quick screenshot and just tack it on to the end of my post or add it somewhere else in the story. Idk if this is helpful to you or not, but that's how I've ended up playing so I can tell the story I want to but still keep things moving along in my game :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @IllusoryThrall I am also struggling with the fact that my game day is one day off of real life posting. Having a "filler" sounds like a good idea, to allow the days to line up. I might need to consider that myself. (Today's post was Sunday in game but Saturday in real life). I might need to do a filler tomorrow and push out one day to line up myself. I know my sister has been telling me to do it for the same reason. :wink:
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    @permanentrose Definitely a help. Thanks. I just have to decide whether story or having the days match is more important to me, I guess. :smiley:
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hi all. I had my second COVID vaccine shot about 30 hrs ago and about 24 hrs after, it started to kick my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (tooshie). I was not feeling good at all. 6 hrs later, I am feeling a little better, but not up to speed yet. So am going to be taking in a small delay in posts, but with how short I make them, should be able to catch up. When I first started this challenge, I had made about 5 posts in advance and ready to publish. Now I am behind 2 days. But I'll be making up time after the weekend. I look forward to sharing more of Jackson, Duane, and Robby.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @LegacySims2017 congrats on your second shot! Take your time and get better. I was lucky and although I prepared for the worst, I barely noticed the shot. So I had a vacation instead.
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    Had to replay the whole day because my PC crashed at 2am ingame, and I hadn't saved... :rage: So there's that, and the second time around, I didn't take that many pictures... Still had some fun! :smiley:
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 19- Bridgeview

bheGm9f.png

Sarah's Diary
    RDdFbYH.png
    Aww, I love Miles so much! I always want to hug and snuggle him... Too bad he doesn't seem comfortable with that, I wish I knew what bothers him. <3
    aiqgPWX.png
    pkgCrAW.png
    BWdIMJB.png
    We'd had snowfall during the night, so Greg took Miles outside while I was baking his cake.
    FP5Ftxs.png
    Look how awesome my baking skills are! You do know you don't need to entertain a toddler right now, do you?
    gtHRdPz.png
    The bees so far have not bothered anybody, which I'm really happy about. Frankly, I'm surprised Greg hasn'T found them yet and disturbed them... :smiley:
    L8giZKW.png
    Then, I painted for a bit - without tricks this time.
    KdGOWU0.png
    Miles?! Not the books! Oh dear...
    And then it was already 3 o'clock and time for the birthday.
    MgRUHQk.png
    GjSvr9A.png
    bheGm9f.png
    evAjA9K.png
    Miles was a bit anxious about starting school, but I think I was able to reassure him a bit.
    z0TWRh3.png
    HfJkzio.png
    We then went iceskating a bit before dinner.
    lJkdGcg.png
    cRSxByG.png
    Potty picture, today in two parts!
    W7KH9qZ.png
    Before bed, Sophia told me about something from school. I'm happy that she seems to have made friends.

Tomorrow, the twins will age up! And after that, Connor ages up... And the day after that, Greg and I will celebrate our adult birthdays.
    (And after that there'll be more room for plot progression and the Challenge Sim ;). I'm excited!)

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited May 2021
    @IllusoryThrall and @sassytxbrat - your sims make a brief appearance in my update :)

Update 142 - Enjoy the little things

KLDV0Nj.jpg

Notes:
    This post covers a few days. I was busy getting some skilling and aspiration milestones done. I also edited my calendar (now 14 days instead of 28), and deleted a bunch of townies in hopes that I'll see your sims and my sims I've created more, but I know the game will just keep spawning a million more poorly dressed townies so I don't know why I bothered :D

First of all, Ruby now has a homework club so she can be productive and socialize with kids her age. They meet at the Strangerville Information Center. There's Abel (Ruby's cousin), Theo (her friend from her toddler days in Britechester), Kristine (from Skeilah's game), and then I thought it would also be fun to add Jazmyn and Mia!
    03xVicV.png
    XVYICB1.png
    pA5SveU.png

The daily work task for Emmett was sparring - really I just took this screenshot since Pickle amused me.
    8FIxHj6.jpg

And then he did some heavy weight lifting :)
    eY7b3Ce.png

I started displaying Emmett's military medals in their bedroom too.
    hiNBmdV.png

Ruby came home from school one day in a tense mood, and Jules' fun bar was in the red since I've been having her plow through writing book after book to finish the writing aspiration, so these two kicked around a soccer ball for a bit and both were feeling much happier afterwards.
    YpedxDF.png
    ArCNA6f.png

Ruby has completed the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, yay! (I looked closely at this screenshot and she totally has a rash lol, I never really bother to cure sim sickness since they go away on their own so fast anyway)
    eOmOqtn.png

And Emmett has been enjoying the gaming mat Jules got him for Winterfest. I honestly don't have a plan for Emmett as far as skilling and aspirations go. I totally didn't cheat and give him a ton of aspiration points so he could get all the good reward traits, why in the world would I ever do that :wink: So yeah. Emmett is pretty much right where I want him to be, I guess we can see what he ends up achieving in life without much guidance and planning from me. I also randomized his skills with MCCC cheats, as I often do with sims just so they aren't all unskilled teens/adults wandering around. So yeah, that's where Emmett is at if anyone was curious. Since he's not my challenge sim, or my challenge sim's kid, not too worried about doing things fair and square with him - or at all haha.
    ixLId4N.png

Ruby has now started the Social Butterfly aspiration. She has to meet 5 new people. I noticed Lily Feng wandering around near their lot, and thought @Ellupelluellu would appreciate this interaction since Lily is always popping up looking displeased in her game :D
    7l7vOvh.png

This is where Ruby chose to do her homework. I thought it was cute they can rock while they do it :)
    DkTWwh8.png

Also I gave Jules a tattoo. I've been wanting to for a while, and was trying to see if there was any way that it would tie into the story, but then when I was in CAS I just decided to do it, and I think I found the perfect one for this dog lover :) The cute pose is totally gratuitous but hopefully you enjoy it :)
    C9MYr62.jpg

Finished off my play session with New Years Eve! It is finally going to be spring in my game - it's been winter for almost a solid real time month in my game now, so I'm just so ready for a change in season haha.
    pCZ533c.jpg
    WpMkwvU.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    May 19 - University - WK 2 - Wednesday - Halfway To the Weekend

castle-ruins-on-ground.png
    When Sakura and Wolfgang got up the next morning, their new roomie, Sarai was gone. Not just for the day, rather, moved out. All her stuff had been removed from her room. She was gone without a trace. Well, actually, not without a trace because the kitchen was littered with dirty plates and glasses all over the counter. Ugh!

the-morning-after-mess.png\

Well, they had maid service, but the maid didn't seem too thrilled that he had to actually do some cleaning today. "Hey, listen there, maid, that is why we are paying you the big bucks!" Just help Wolfgang and Sakura as they have class today. Okay, well truthfully they were paying 0 simoleons for maid service, but with that rent bill they received yesterday, the maid service was probably buried in there as a hidden cost or something. Geez!

the-mail-who-is-angry-today.png

Well, thankfully Jeb was still their roommate, but what gives? Why were these roommates not staying? The house had so many luxuries in it, what more could they possibly want? First it was Cedric, and now Sarai. What was going on? And Jasmine, the student studying to be a doctor, had turned Wolfgang down, as she and her husband had found another place to live. [Note: Even if sims are Not In World, but in a household of more than one, they can't accept to be a roommate.]

working-on-homework-together-at-home-weds.png

Wolfgang actually didn't mind that these students weren't staying. It gave him more time to be with Sakura. Wolfgang liked Jeb, as he was pretty cool, but Wolfgang didn't want any roomies moving in who would upset Sakura. Wolfgang had always been somewhat protective of Sakura, but, now more than ever, since she was expecting.

Since his tuition was free, all the simoleons he had saved up for university were just collecting interest in his account. He certainly had enough funds to pay the rent for another two weeks without needing any roommates to help with the bills. But the owner seemed to be putting pressure on Sakura to get roomies for the house, and Sakura seemed to be getting rather stressed about the whole roommate situation. So, Wolfgang had decided that he would interview more roommates today while Sakura was in class, and hopefully these roommates would stay. This is certainly not what Wolfgang had in mind when he had thought of sharing an off-campus house with Sakura. Wolfgang never figured that he and Sakura would have all this stress of getting and keeping roommates. It was just getting ridiculous.

Wolfgang watched Sakura busying herself in the kitchen. She was making some breakfast and it smelled so good.

sakura-making-breakfast.png

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I suddenly had this craving to have chocolate cupcakes with eggs and toast. Would you like some?" she asked beaming.

Wolfgang looked at her surprised and thought he had read something about sims getting weird cravings when they were pregnant. But that actually sounded like a good combo to him. And when has Wolfgang ever turned down food?

smiling-at-sakura.png

Wolfgang: "That actually sounds like a good breakfast to me!" he answered and helped himself to a plate. Wolfgang smiled at Sakura as she popped another cupcake into her mouth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And then it was off to class. And for once, it's not raining!

sakura-makes-an-offering-before-class.png

Sakura remembered the urban legend that she had read about and makes an offering at the uni statue. She immediately gets focused.

[Note: Sakura offered a rose. This is supposed to trigger an appearance by the Secret Society at your house later in the day, but no-one ever showed up. Maybe the offering wasn't good enough. Who knows.]

Later, Sakura sees Sofia at UBrite Commons. They have been so busy with classes, that she hasn't had a chance to chat with her.

Sakura: "Sofia! I am so glad you are here. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to Mt. Komorebi with me this weekend for the Winter Olympics? Do you remember Kiyoshi giving me two expense-paid tickets for my birthday? Well, I hadn't had a chance to ask anyone yet, and was thinking you might want to come with me. Plus, it would really give us a chance to catch-up, and...well...I really need to talk to you..."

Sofia: "Oh, wow! That sounds great, but it's the Harvestfest weekend, and you know how my parents are about holidays. They have planned a whole bunch of family activities. Plus I haven't really spent a lot of time with my new sister. So, yeah, I'd love to go, but I just can't this weekend. And I know that Luna has plans, too...if you were going to ask her."

Sakura: "Yeah, Luna was next on my list...so I guess she is out, too..."

SAW-SOFIA-AT-UBRITE-COMMONS.png

Sofia: "Well, I know someone who would like to be asked, and I am not sure why you didn't ask them first."

Sakura: "Who's that?"

Sofia: "Sakura, come on...you know who it is...the guy has been crushing on you since we were teens. Wolfgang! I saw him at the party, Sakura...he was following you around all night. I don't know how you can't see this, but the guy's in love with you, Sakura. The way Wolfgang looks at you...dang!...I want a guy to look at me like that..."

Sakura just looked at Sofia and wondered if Sofia could be right. But, no, Sakura just didn't want to get her hopes up again. Sakura and Wolfgang were best friends, and that is how Sakura had to keep it. To be honest, Sakura had thought about inviting Wolfgang first, but then after the party...and the feelings Sakura had for him...she just decided it was best not to. But perhaps Sakura should invite Wolfgang. He was her best friend, afterall, and she still owed him a gratitude for rescuing her. This might be the only chance she might have to really thank him.

Sakura: "Well, Wolfgang and I are just best friends, Sofia..."

Sofia: "If you say so..."

Sakura just shook off what Sofia had said, "But, yes, I should probably ask him. It's the least I can do to thank him for rescuing me after my disappearance..."

Sofia:"I really think you should, Sakura. Plus, you know, you'd have a lot of fun together. Aren't you there for a day before the Olympics start? You could show him around Mt, Komorebi. I doubt that he would ever be able to afford to go there, and I am sure he would like to see where you had lived."

SUN-SAKURA-HAPPY-FOOD-WAS-STILL-FREE.png

Sofia hugged Sakura good-bye and said she had to head off to class.

Sakura went over to the cafeteria and ordered herself some lunch and thought about what Sofia had said.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the afternoon, Sakura headed over to Foxbury.

meeting-a-robot.png

While outside Larry's Lagoon, Sakura met a servo named She 9000. Wolfgang had been inside ordering some food (this is just normal for Wolfgang), but came outside right away to meet this servo.

Unfortunately, there was no interaction to ask to be roommate. Darn!

pretty-amazing-arent-they-sakura.png

Wolfgang was pretty excited about meeting the servo, and he was really happy that Sakura was there to meet one, too. This is Wolfgang's dream, to one day build a servo.

(Note: I don't think that Wolfgang will have time to make a servo during uni as I don't want him working alone on the robotics workstation, in case of death. It also takes tons of time to make the computer chips and mechanisms required for the robot arm and then the servo.)

When Wolfgang and Sakura got home, Wolfgang worked at the robotics workstation while Sakura was close by. Having met She 9000 on campus today just spurred Wolfgang's enthusiasm to make more computer chips and mechanisms. Jeb was home as well, and decided to do some weight lifting on the weights machine.

jeb-doing-weight-training.png

Sakura went outside and worked on her painting skill. And, to her surprise, she painted her first masterpiece! Congratulations Sakura!

masterpiece-painting.png
    masterpiece.png

Jeb had headed to bed and as Wolfgang and Sakura were in the computer room, Sakura asked Wolfgang if he wanted to go to Mt. Komorebi with her for the Olympics.

isun-wolf-talking-abut-harvestfest.png

Wolfgang: "You're asking me to go with you? Aren't you supposed to be meeting Kiyoshi there?"

Sakura: "Well, yes, but there is one free day before the Olympics start and Kiyoshi will still be at the camp. I could show you around...maybe do some snow sports together...or rock climbing..."

Wolfgang nodded his head thoughtfully.

wolf-excited.png

Sakura: "It's the gift that Kiyoshi gave me for my birthday, so it wouldn't cost you anything. And I want you to come with me. It's my only way to really thank you for rescuing me after my disappearance and I would really like to show you around Mt. Komorebi. What do you think?"

Wolfgang: "I think I'd like that very much, Sakura. When do we leave?"

Sakura: "Saturday morning, after Harvestfest."

Wolfgang smiled at Sakura, "Consider me already packed!" he replied excitedly.

Sakura bid Wolfgang good-night and headed up to her room. As Sakura thought about showing Wolfgang around Mt. Komorebi, she smiled. "Perhaps" she thought, "bringing Wolfgang with her would work out alright."

does-he-love-me-rev.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

So...why are there so many Kiyoshi sightings on campus lately? And, I am also getting a lot of pop-ups from him for date requests with Sakura. Does Kiyoshi know that soon Sakura is going to choose who she wants to be with, and Kiyoshi is making every effort to convince me that it should be him? Since I am not controlling Kiyoshi, he just autonomously appears and does autonomous actions. Like today, he appeared in front of Larry's Lagoon where Sakura was and started chatting with her. Thankfully, Wolfgang was in class. Afterwards I had her travel to Britechester to get the heck away from Kiyoshi. I really don't want Wolfgang witnessing any possible romantic interactions between Sakura and Kiyoshi, and then getting sad or jealous feelings towards Sakura, or worse, some negative sentiments. Stay in Mt. Komorebi at the Olympic Training Camp, Kiyoshi! lol Sakura is wearing the mountain bracelet that Kiyoshi gave her after they climbed to the summit together, and I think Kiyoshi put a tracking device on it and has been secretly tracking Sakura's movements. hehehe

met-kiyoshi-at-larrys-lagoon.png

another-date-wanted-mon.png
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7
    So Lydia and Jules still have a high pink relationship bar, even though they aren't dating, so Lydia asks Jules on a date at least 3 times a week LOL. So I think the game is just coded to do that. No matter how many times I ignore it or reject, she STILL keeps calling. She will probably call on Jules' wedding day at this rate LOL. I do see Lydia around some, but usually she is just being a creepy vampire and poofs away lol. I think she actually might be stalking Jules - maybe I could use that for story purposes haha, haven't decided yet...

I'm excited and nervous for that Mt. Komorebi trip you have planned. So much will be revealed - and I hope it's for the best and finally gets Wolfgang and Sakura together!

@miss_eulenauge
    Miles looks so cute aged up! I love glasses on kids, always so cute. I love putting them on toddlers too. So many birthdays for you this week!

Also hope you feel better soon @LegacySims2017!
    edited May 2021
    Mia Patina
    May 23

Week 4 Monday

2021-05-12-17_44_38-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    In Progress
    • Reach the top of Drama Club (level 3/4) ((-must be teen to earn the last promotion))
    • Collect Decorative Eggs (holiday scheduled Week 5 (Spring) Monday (May 30)
    • Improve Character Values (2/5 positive values, with 2 more a wisp away)
    • >>Responsible ✔
    • >>Empathy ✔
    • >>Manners (almost)
    • >>Conflict Resolution (almost)
    • >>Emotional Control (not even close)
    Completed
    • Top-Notch Toddler
    • Completed Artistic Prodigy
    • Completed Rambunctious Scamp
    • Completed Social Butterfly
    • Completed Whiz Kid
    • Reached the top of the Scouts
    • Earned A in elementary school
    • Collected Voidcritter cards (20/20)
    • Collect Holiday Plushies (8/8)
    It must be morning. I mean I really hope this means it is morning.
    2021-05-12-17_31_08-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

This house is overflowing with toddlers at the moment. There isn’t much more to say. Neither Rex nor Rey can get up and down the stairs yet, and neither one is potty trained.
    2021-05-12-17_34_50-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is going to be working on her character traits today, her last day of vacation so she will have to go to school the rest of the week.
    2021-05-12-17_35_12-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

I forgot, Rey is Independent. She found the potty on her own, so I stuck her butt to it and she practiced all day. After a long time potty training, she was allowed to play with the stuffed bear to work on communication.
    2021-05-12-17_38_06-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Rex (clingy) needed someone to help him get to level 2 and then he was stuck to the down stairs potty before spending time outside on the slide. Both toddlers improved movement skill so they can no go up and down the stairs.
    2021-05-12-17_39_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye finally found some free time to hang out with Mia and they worked on Conflict Resolution and Manners so now Mia has four character traits ready. She just needs to work on emotion control.
    2021-05-12-17_39_59-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

She spends her day writing in her journal.
    2021-05-12-17_44_38-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Rex is the last one to get to bed. Both of the twins are streaming green fumes so tomorrow they will get baths. Mia will be at school so there should be time to focus on them.
    2021-05-12-17_50_04-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 23
    DwtzUnO.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    The dinner area looks pretty empty... But not for long. Dinner just arrived, so it's time for everyone to head inside and enjoy food after a long photoshoot.

Fm918SZ.png
    Only minutes later, that same empty room looks like this.

HRZrcpl.png
    Literally everyone goes straight to the food. Yep, this is what chaos looks like.

ZaYwEEG.png
    (Stefan) “Well, for human food, this looks pretty good indeed.”
    (Jaquan) “Agree.”

TR8fpoI.png
    I decided to let everyone sit at a random place. That resulted in some funny combinations. At this table we have Larissa, Erwin, Astrid and Paolo.

For the newer readers: Astrid is another participant, Paolo is a member from the Partihaus club, in which Bryon is also a member

GGveNJf.png
    Or here, Beatrix chilling with aliens Stefan, Jaquan and Noelle.

Beatrix is actually a Sim from permanentrose. I used her a lot in Glimmerbrook.

iPxjBUT.png
    Anna and Sofia have a table for themselves.

gToJyMU.png
    Skeilah joins a table with Sakura, Mabel and Brytani. To be honest, the table with Jess, Johnny, Rose and Isaius is the only one that makes sense.

Mabel is Patrick's sister, Brytani is Morgyn Ember's wife. Morgyn was also used as a main character back in Glimmerbrook and Brytani just popped in.

sT5rvZe.png
    Oh yeah, not to forget Hugo, Eva, Marcus and Annika.

Eva and Marcus are Partihaus members, we all know Hugo and Annika was what I called the potion teacher in Glimmerbrook.

1YdHN5i.png
    Or Gabbie, Emmett, L and Yuka. Anyways. I think I made my point😂

More Glimmerbrook (L), more Partihaus (Yuka), more permanentrose and we all know Gabbie.

As everyone finally sits down and enjoys their dinner, it’s time for the stars of the day to walk in: us. We're happy to see that everyone is having fun.

QtQgk1a.png
    Don’t worry about the kids, by the way. They have their own kid section!

QlNXhHc.png
    (Bryon) “Let me guess. You’re taking chicken.”

CFKKfRS.png
    (Naoki) “Hehe, you know me too well”

J2h8RJU.png
    After a while, it was time for us to say something.

(Bryon) “Can we have your attention for a moment, please?”

tFz8YDf.png
    (Naoki) “Oh, is it time for the toast?”
    (Bryon) “It is.”

zGUrcfV.png
    (Bryon) “Thank you all for being here today! You all being here means so much to us. From now on, you can go downstairs to get yourself a drink. We’ll do the cake cutting soon, so don’t walk away too far for dessert.”

XgIxZyD.png
    (Bryon) “Let’s toast on this beautiful day!”

1GZxoMQ.png
    (Everyone) “To Bryon and Naoki!!”

JpnVPLs.png
    Beatrix films it all (see left side of the picture, redhead teenager with phone).

mfe3wZ5.png
    After the delicious dinner (made by Rose btw), it was time for dessert (also made by Rose, lol). We had a little wedding cake downstairs for us to cut, and lots more cake in the back to give everyone dessert.

YjQmsCu.png
    (Naoki) “Say ahhhh”

v36iDLh.png
    (Bryon) “Ahhh—“
    (Jess) “AHHHHHHHHH!!!” *singing horribly*

fdCDb54.png
    Yeah well, Naoki ate the rest of his cake outside.

5DjrwEC.png
    (Jess) “Why did he go away?”
    (Bryon) “Not to be rude, but you’re an awful singer.”
    (Jess) “That hurts my feelings.”

NosRNgZ.png
    Since the hired DJ refused to show up, Paolo is now assigned as the new DJ.

OPJZYpC.png
    And then, when Paolo was all set up, it was time for our first dance. The spotlight turned red and the atmosphere turned into something romantic.

cbdKZDl.png
    After our first dance, everyone besides Naoki and Jules avoided the dance floor. Yup, even me. Especially me. I’m no dancer.

TSyLPbQ.png
    (Jules) “You know what I’m thinking, Naoki?”
    (Naoki) “Ohhh yes.”

Ud3hoQy.png
    (Jules) “Dance partyyyyyy!!”

WEkMzo2.png
    Jules gives it all!

(Jules) “Yessssss!!!”

IDIOGcF.png
    But then she wanted to do a backflip and fell on the ground.

(Naoki) “You okay?!”
    (Jules) “Yeah... I’m fine.”

Here we have some random pics I took from the party. This wedding took so much energy out of me, but these photos are the best. Too bad they have to clean everything tomorrow😂
    0RJVO9z.png

liRPtTI.png

amdk6wv.png

5JNVNaz.png

6oE9NdN.png

WIwh1Ts.png
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 20 - University - WK 2 - Thursday - Cram For The Exam

doing-research-on-various-things.png
    In the morning, Sakura and Wolfgang headed over to Foxbury. And, yes, it was raining again!

thurs-raining-again.png

They both went off to their classes. During Sakura's break between classes, she came back to Foxbury and worked on her painting skill again.

masterpiece-done-by-sakura.png

Sakura painted another masterpiece. It was rather unusual.

professor-lana-comes-right-over-to-chat-with-wolf.png

When Sakura was done with her classes she left to tutor a student. While she was gone, Wolfgang did some research on the ERAM machine at Larry's Lagoon. He was alternating doing research on robotics and rocket science. Almost as soon as Sakura left, Professor Lana McKinnon came over to chat with Wolfgang. I am sure Wolfgang is her favorite student. Since she was there, Wolfgang asked her how he was doing in her class.
    wolf-course-stats-thurs.png

Pretty soon, some other students joined Wolfgang, and he chatted with a few to be potential roommates. He met Kenzie Fitch, who was in Computer Science at Foxbury. She sounded like a good fit, as Jeb was also a Computer Science student at Britechester.

[Spotted Astrid on the computer behind Wolfgang. She must be studying for her exam.}

wolfgang-interviewing-some-potential-roomies.png
    kenzie-is-in-comp-science.png

lenie-traits.png

Kenzie also knew Sakura, as she had studied with her one night at Britechester Commons during first term. Wolfgang thought this might work out, and asked Kenzie to be their new roommate.

studying-for-final-exa-M.png
    kenzie-invite-to-be-roommies.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang needed a bit of a break and headed downstairs and saw River.

River: "Hey Wolfgang! I was just thinking about you. A bunch of us are heading to Mt. Komorebi this weekend for the Olympics. A friend of a friend of mine got a sweet deal on a rental house and a discount on the tickets. Do you want in? We're leaving right after class on Friday."

saw-river-at-foxbury-thurs.png

Wolfgang: "Really? Well, actually I'm heading to Harvestfest dinner at my Mom's with Sakura, and, um...Sakura asked me to go to Mt. Komorebi with her. Do you remember that birthday gift she got from Kiyoshi? Well, Sakura wants me to go with her, and we'll have a whole day to spend together before the Olympics start."

River: "Oh, yeah, you and Sakura! So...you're going to be all alone with her for one full day? You lucky guy...and then at night...oh man...you have it made. So, she's breaking up with Kiyoshi, then?"

Wolfgang: "Um, well, not exactly. I think...probably after the weekend, Kiyoshi will want to be with Sakura...like...forever."

you-havent-told-her.png

River: "What are you talking about, bro? Haven't you told Sakura yet how you feel about her? Dude...you have GOT to tell her. I had this gut feeling, man, this bad vibe from Kiyoshi at Sakura's pre-birthday party."

Wolfgang: "River, you were wasted. How can you remember anything?"

ill-think-about-it.png

River: "I wasn't THAT wasted. And Luna told me about her conversation with Kiyoshi at the party, and it seemed a bit strange. And talk about wasted, what about you at that soccer party? The last I remember was seeing you and Sakura go behind that screen in the basement and next I know, you passed out...."

come-to-mt-komorebi-with-us.png

Wolfgang: "You saw Sakura and I go behind the screen in the basement?"

what-are-you-doing-for-the-break.png

River: "Yeah, but don't worry, I don't think anyone else saw you. So, what did you do back there? Did you kiss her? Did you tell her? Because if it was me...I would probably have done something like that...you know...if I wanted some privacy..."

Wolfgang looked at River, "I actually don't know what I did or said for most of that night. It's a complete blank. But I do know that before you came over, Sakura and I were planning on having dinner together, and then I was going to have a movie night with her, and sing her a song I wrote to her...and then....yeah, I was going to tell her how I felt..."

River: "Ah, bro...I am so sorry. I didn't mean to spoil things for the two of you. And so, you can't remember what you did or said to Sakura behind that screen?"

its-just-so-complicated.png

Wolfgang: "No, I really wish I could..."

River: "So, you know...since it was on your mind, you might have told her, dude. Like your subconscious mind telling you what to do. That's what my Psychology Professor taught us. Why don't you just tell her again? Get it out in the open..."

Wolfgang: "Well, since then, things have become...um...complicated. I found out something by accident, and I think it might have changed my chances with Sakura. But I can't tell you here...it's just a mess..."

hey-man-ill-see-ya-around.png

River looked at Wolfgang: "Okay, bro, I'm not going to press you. But, if it gets too much in Mt., Komorebi, just text me. Okay? You can always come and crash at the rental."

Wolfgang nodded his head, "Thanks, River. You're a good friend."

River bid Wolfgang farewell, and Wolfgang went upstairs again to do some research. While he sat there he thought about what River had said. So, something had happened between Sakura and Wolfgang, but, for some reason, Sakura wouldn't tell him what it was. Wolfgang sat staring at the screen, not sure what to do. But Sakura and Wolfgang had exams tomorrow, and he wasn't going to do anything tonight.

Sakura finished her tutoring and was paid $100 for her services. Wolfgang saw that Sakura was in a good mood, and told her about the new roomie.
    tutor-funds.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When Wolfgang and Sakura arrived home, Kenzie met them. Sakura recognized her, and told Kenzie she was happy to have her as a new roommate.

sakura-meeting-new-roomie-kenzie.png

They would just have to wait and see if Kenzie would still be there tomorrow. But right now, they needed a good night's sleep as final exams were tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited May 2021
    Day Twenty-Three "The Appointment - Part 1"
    05-23-21_2-16-24-pm.jpg
    (This post is .. by nature, rather long. Because a LOT happens in this day. I ended up splitting it in the middle.)

Jaz woke up groggy.. and then she remembered. The day she’d been dreading. Today was her doctor appointment. She didn’t really understand why she even needed one, but it was that or getting suspended… so I guess the Doctor was better? Maybe? Frowning, she hopped out of bed, and went to get ready for the day.
    05-23-21_2-10-02-pm.jpg
    The day was promising to be just one of those days, and while trying to eat breakfast she had no less than two mice run across the floor under her bunny slippers. (Note: the mouse under the left hand chair…)
    05-23-21_2-11-19-pm.jpg
    Furious now, Jaz went to the bathroom so she could clean up for the day ahead of her… and get away from the mice.
    05-23-21_2-12-57-pm.jpg
    Being that she was the first one awake, the water was still hot, and she ended up spending longer than she had intended to under the weak stream of water, trying to calm down a bit.
    05-23-21_2-13-20-pm.jpg
    She came out of the bathroom to a convention of people in the kitchen eating leftover mac n cheese. She helped take care of the twins cheerfully while Marnie grumpily shuffled all the rest of the kids off to school…. but then Marnie turned to Jaz.. and she could tell from the look on her face that Marnie wasn’t enjoying today any more than she was. Marnie led her out the front door to catch the bus to the Willow Creek Hospital for her appointment.
    05-23-21_2-16-45-pm.jpg
    They were barely out the door before Marnie stopped, turned to Jaz, and hissed, “You had BETTER behave today. I don’t want any nonsense from you. Let’s just get this over with so we can find out what’s wrong with you!”

Jaz flinched, and nodded mutely.
    05-23-21_2-19-00-pm.jpg
    Seeming satisfied, Marnie led the way down the stairs, and Jaz followed obediently. The bus was just pulling into the stop when they got there, and, being that the bus was mostly empty at this time of day, Marnie pushed her into a seat near the front and sat next to her.
    05-23-21_2-19-10-pm.jpg
    Inside the house, Bennie was fuming. Being left alone to take care of the twins was NOT his idea of a good day, and the twins were already doing whatever they wanted – which included tearing up books, and banging pots and pans in the kitchen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bus ride was mercifully short, and they got off in an affluent area of Willow Creek. Marnie looked around nervously, smoothed her skirt down, and pasted on a pleasant smile in case there was anyone around.
    05-23-21_2-22-15-pm.jpg
    Goggling internally, she noticed that none other than Bella Goth was walking towards her on the street. Taking a deep breath, she went up to her like she belonged there, and gave a friendly wave.

“Hello! How are you today? My daughter has a doctor’s appointment at the hospital, so we happen to be on this side of town.” Marnie said in her best Mom-voice.

Bella, surprised, responded politely, and said something about her son being due for his yearly physical, as well.
    05-23-21_2-23-03-pm.jpg
    “Oh, this isn’t for a physical.” Marnie said conspiratorially. “She has been having bathroom troubles at school, and we’re going to find out what’s wrong with her. I believe Alexander is in the same class as my son, Myles. Does he like studying and science as much as my son?”

“Oh, he loves science.” Bella said, breaking into a smile.

“Perhaps we should set up a play-date at the library or something. I’ve heard the Willow Creek Library is wonderful for kids. I bet they’d like each other… ? and have a good time?” Marnie trailed off, wondering if she’d gone too far, or offended the gorgeous woman.
    05-23-21_2-24-48-pm.jpg
    “That would be fabulous!” Bella replied animatedly, “I could invite some of the other little scholars Alexander knows and we could make a day of it. I could bring the baby, as well.”

“Oh? You have a new baby?? I hadn’t heard. Congratulations! I could bring my toddler twins, too. When would be a good day?” Marnie asked, trying hard to seem natural, like arranging play dates was something she did every day.

“How about Thursday after school? We could meet there?” Bella responded.

“I would love that!” Marnie gushed, and then pretended to look at her (non functioning) watch, “Well, we’d better go before we’re late!”

Bella waved goodbye with a smile, and headed up into the house, where a screaming baby could vaguely be heard.
    05-22-21_7-01-06-pm.jpg
    Marnie and Jaz walked into the hospital, with Marnie leading the way by several feet. Marnie checked her in at the front desk, then returned to where Jaz stood near the front door.

“I’ll wait out here.” Marnie told Jaz, still lost in thought about her precious son perhaps getting to be friends with a GOTH! “Come back here when you’re done!”
    05-22-21_7-02-01-pm.jpg
    Trudging towards the big double doors when the receptionist pointed them out as the way to go, Jaz tried to breathe normally, but her heart was pounding, and she felt hot and cold all over. Rubbing damp palms on her worn jeans, she blinked, and pushed the right hand side door open.
    05-22-21_7-02-39-pm.jpg
    “Jazmyn Malone?” a man in a pristine white coat asked her, and – unable to catch her breath enough to even talk, she just nodded her head at him. “I’m Doctor Winn. We’ll be in this room here, and the nurse will get you something to change into so I can examine you.” He motioned towards some more huge doors (or maybe everything seemed huge because Jaz felt so very small and alone right now..) .. and Jaz moved into the room indicated.
    05-22-21_7-03-03-pm.jpg
    Dr. Winn smoothed down the paper on the ..bed.. couch.. thing..? .. and PAPER? (Why was there paper on there??) Jaz wondered, trying to stop panicking, and missing completely what he’d said.

“Jazmyn?” The doctor asked again, “You okay?”

Nodding mutely, she took a deep breath, and tried to listen as the doctor explained she would just change and then to sit on the table (oh! it’s a TABLE?) when she was ready, and he’d be right back. A pleasant-faced lady came in as the doctor left the room with a soft pair of pajamas for her to put on. Left alone with the PJs (if that’s what they were… they seemed awfully soft for temporary clothes..), Jaz quickly looked around to make very sure she was alone, and changed as fast as she could. She climbed awkwardly up on the table, feeling even worse when she wrinkled the paper, wondering if she’d get in trouble for it.
    05-22-21_7-16-07-pm.jpg
    “All ready, young lady?” The doctor asked after peeking in to make sure she was dressed.

Jaz took a deep breath (or tried to) and nodded.
    05-22-21_7-34-31-pm.jpg
    “Okay then.” Dr. Winn looked at a clipboard, read for a brief moment, and then said, “So you’re having trouble going to the bathroom at school, huh? Apparently the school is very concerned about it, and referred you to me.”

Jaz tried to reply, realized she had no voice, and swallowed nervously, trying again. Still nothing came out, so she waved at him and gave him a weak smile. The lady had come back in, and seeing her discomfort, walked over to a nearby sink, and got her a little paper cup of water.

“Here, sweetie, drink this. I swear, you’d think she’d never been to see a doctor before! You’re fully shaking!” the lady commented at the doctor, and then walked out of the room again.
    05-22-21_7-35-17-pm.jpg
    The water helped, and Jaz tried again, with the doctor, amazingly – waiting patiently. “Not problems, exactly. I just can’t go if someone else is in the bathroom… I can go when I’m alone just fine! Is it wrong that I don’t like other people there?” she finally got out in a thin, worried voice.

“Oh, don’t worry, Jazmyn, we’ll figure out what’s wrong. I just have to do a bunch of tests so I can diagnose you.” Jazmyn wondered what a “diagnose” was, but the doctor didn’t really seem to be paying any attention to what she’d said, so she didn’t bother asking. Taking a breath, she nodded, and prepared for the worst.
    05-22-21_7-35-37-pm.jpg
    First, he used a light in her ear, and made some inane talk about how she was doing in school, without really listening to her replies again.
    05-22-21_7-36-34-pm.jpg
    He then stuck a device in her mouth, and said “Well, that’s too bad you’re not doing well…” (proof he wasn’t listening – she’d just said she had straight A’s!)
    05-22-21_7-44-31-pm.jpg
    The tests didn’t stop there, apparently, because he then pointed a beeping machine at her chest and poked it around her body.
    05-22-21_7-37-06-pm.jpg
    “One last thing for this part, sweetie, and then I have to go check on this sample. We should be able to tell what’s wrong after that, ok?”

Jazmyn nodded, and opened her mouth when he indicated to do that, and he rubbed a fuzzy stick on the inside of her cheek, then put it into a clear tube, and carried it out of the room.
    05-22-21_7-37-21-pm.jpg
    The lady poked her head back in the door after a moment, and asked Jaz if she could get her anything while she waited for the doctor.

Jaz politely asked for more water, and thanked the woman when she brought her another cupful. The woman was then gone again, leaving Jaz alone with her nerves and confusion for a while. She did manage to get her breathing back under control, and drained the cup of water again.
    …. to be continued ….

(Believe it or not, this is literally only half of the post. Second half will be posted tomorrow)
    edited May 2021
    @IllusoryThrall
    Okay, I need to ask how you actually got Jaz to go to the hospital for these screenshots! I've only ever been able to get my sims to go to the hospital when giving birth - is it a mod or is there something I'm missing haha? Looking forward to seeing the second part and finding out what the outcome of Jaz's appointment

@Skeilah
    Such a perfect wedding <3 Love the first dance. And I'm glad the food situation worked out too, and everyone got fed. It is funny to see where they'll just choose to sit though. I enjoyed seeing Jules dance - what a hot mess, falling over like that though haha. You did great work for this wedding and it truly paid off.

@SoulGal7
    I hope that roommate works out this go around since I know you've been having issues with that. Also I like that painting Sakura did - I've never seen that one before. It looks like Sakura and Wolfgang have gotten back into the groove of school and just being comfortable with each other again, despite all that has been left unsaid between them. Definitely waiting anxiously for that trip to Mt. Komorebi! And good work with Sakura's tutoring too. That was definitely one of the worst milestones to do.
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose
    *whisper* I used MAGIC... Just kidding. I took a doctor sim in another, blank, save, and promoted him to the right career level. Then I deleted EVERYONE else in the save, added the malone family, and had him go to work. It populated the "patients" out of the sims in the save - and since only the Malones were there, I had a good chance of it being Jaz who arrived. It took me a while to figure out what level career I needed, because too high and she was already treated, or collapsing at the door. too low, and she was already examined and diagnosed and I couldn't do the tests. I had to be the first level that has the doctor coat. (don't remember what it was - resident, maybe?) Then, examined Jaz and took pictures of EVERYTHING. That's how I got the exam pics.

For day two (the results with Marnie in the waiting room from tomorrow's post): I used the cheat to be able to edit the hospital while I was there, and saved it as a residential. Had Jaz and Marnie visit the doctor (who I moved into the hospital as a residential lot) in the "waiting room" and took all the pics I needed.

In other words, I spent more than three hours getting those screenshots yesterday evening. It ended up being worth it, but it was a lot of fiddling to get it to work.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Aww, so realistic what you wrote about Ruby not wanting to go to school. All mine were excited to go, but I've heard from others and read about how some kids don't want to go. Of course once they get there, they usually change their minds. :)

Sometimes I wish TS4 had little pop-up PIP movies to show those chance card moments. I miss PIP from TS2 for different 'special' moments in our Sims lives. It would've been funny to see Ruby running around chasing all the little boys trying to kiss them. :D

Jules' garden is looking great! Love her rain gear, so pretty! Poor Pickle though, I don't blame him for running back home. :D I figured Jules would be thinking about Lydia. Of course she'll always have a special place in her heart for her. Love those projects kids bring home. The castle is one of my favorite. :) Glad they got some quiet time for themselves to have a soak and some fun. ;) Josh and Essa love their hot tub. hehe ;)

Yeah, I figured they deserved a day off after the day they had. That glitch cracked me up! I just had to include it. Was fun trying to think of something to make it 'realistic.' :D It'll be fun having these two help Essa and Josh fight the Mother. Damon especially needs this and Josh will be a good boy...maybe. We'll see... ;) I figured that's why Lenny didn't look any different, he's lucky! Sims don't have that advantage. o.O The additional woo hoo at the Lab might not happen, it's quite dangerous at the Lab now, but we'll see. ;) Yep, I figured you wanted to keep her a bit relative still because of your FH plans. It made sense too because of what I said above. :)

Good idea for the homework club for Ruby! Very cool you added kids from other challengers too! Congrats to Ruby for finishing her aspiration! Yay! \o/ Josh is a Super Sim, so of course I don't worry too much about non-challenge Sims and using cheats for them. I don't for Josh though, just because he IS a Super Sim already. LOL But I did for Essa's dance club members and the other challengers' Sims in my game. When Josh and Essa have children, I won't cheat with them either. Just in the off chance one of them might end up doing this challenge next year. ;) Happy New Year to your family! :)

@Hermitgirl
    While I'm sad to see you'll need to drop out, I totally understand! This challenge is supposed to be fun, not stressful, and it can be when trying to post on a daily basis which you don't need right now and won't have time for it. Glad you'll be checking in now and then, whenever you can. We'll look forward to those moments and I'll be thinking about you, keeping you and your charge in my prayers. *Hugs and Love*

Love what you had planned and the screenshots in your parting post for the challenge too! That screenshot of Rubanoid looking at Roxanne was especially poignant.

@Ellupelluellu
    I imagine there is a lot of funny animations with the acting career. I've seen a few, but not many. That will change next month. ;) Nope, it's good that guy is gone completely! Good job Dad for taking care of him! ;)
    I have a feeling Damon will be on his very, very best behavior! He needs this! :) I'm sure Melody will agree. She and Essa are very good friends now. She hasn't actually met Josh yet, but she will soon! ;) Thanks about that screenshot. I love it! So surreal with all those colors eh?

@miss_eulenauge
    Welcome to the family new baby Connor! Looks like everyone is doing the best they can, such a nice family! All the kids are SO cute! Of course you have to include a potty pic or two. hehe Have you tried locking all the doors to allow access to only household members? That works for me anyway. I didn't know toddlers and parents could play dolls with that play center, never used it. Good to know! :)

Congrats also to Miles aging up! Still cute as ever. Have fun with the bee box! Just keep them happy and you'll be good to go. :) Fun they had an ice skating outing. I love those pop-up rinks and try to use them whenever I see them. My Sims usually don't get out much though. :D

@IllusoryThrall
    So nice of Jaz to play with her little brother. :) Congratulations to Jaz for finishing her aspiration! Yay! \o/

Jaz is sick? I'm confused what's going on here. But maybe the next part will clear things up. :)

@Skeilah
    Congratulations to Bryon and Naoki for an absolutely beautiful wedding! Wow, look at ALL those Sims! Guessing you had to use a Mod to get that many there. I think that's the most I've ever seen at any Sims wedding in stories I've read. Good job! Of course Randi had to make a speech. :) LOVE that Randi walked Bryon down the aisle. My Mom walked me down the aisle too for our wedding. :) I think my favorite screenshot of all is the one with Bryon/Randi plus the flower girls/ring bearer walking down the aisle toward Naoki! So beautiful! Great idea using the podium for the Pastor. Might have to steal that idea. ;) Love seeing the kids having fun just being kids too. Really cute pose with Alex kissing Audrey's cheek. Awww...

What a great reception! The table 'assignments' was interesting who sat with who eh? Fun seeing that. So fun Essa got to sit with River, Julian and Morgyn! I'll just pretend the game knows Morgyn is her 'honorary' brother. ;) So fun seeing her in her original party outfit too, I forgot that's what I chose for her. Very nice toast Bryon made! HAHA! So funny about Jess singing and what Bryon said to her! Aww, first dance as a married couple, so sweet. Great party! :)

@SoulGal7
    The Roommate system is so glitchy eh? I've never tried using them myself, but I've seen many LP YTs that have and it never seems to go well. o.O Bummer Sofia and Luna couldn't go with Sakura to the Olympics, but I'm so glad Wolfgang is going. I smell some intense drama coming up! Oh boy... :D Congrats to Sakura for her first Masterpiece! Yay! Oh man, so Kyoshi keeps hanging around wherever Sakura goes and keeps calling for dates. Hmm, Josh did that (except for calling for dates) when I had him move back in with his brothers for awhile. I don't know if he's trying to make himself known or not. Probably just game mechanics at work. :)

Oh nice that they now have a new roommate that might actually work out! I hope so! GAH! Dang it! I thought for sure River would've heard that Wolfgang said he loved Sakura, but noooo! :D *sigh* I should've known, I'm sure you've got some special plans for when all three are in Mt. Komorebi. I'm excited for it!
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 23: "Be crazy enough to think you can do anything in life!"

JsIHqe5.png

Notes
    R9pR69F.png
    The next day Josh called in to take another vacation day. He was informed everyone except a skeleton crew were on temporary leave for the foreseeable future. He would be contacted when needed on base again.

Josh and Essa went to the Lab again to search for the supposed jars of untried vaccine stored in the facility. They found one room that looked like it might've been used for experiments. Unfortunately, all the cabinets and cupboards were empty and the chemical analyzer in the room appeared to be broken.

"I hope that's not the only one. It can't be, right?"
    "There has to be another room somewhere. I guess we keep searching."

wqsth5J.png
    Next to the first room was a storage area for hazardous materials. Both were glad they'd worn their hazmat suits, since some of the barrels were leaking.

rSd00WZ.png
    "Let's look down this corridor, we haven't went this way yet."

9PQks14.png
    "There's a set of glass doors down there, see them?"
    "Yeah, cross your fingers it's another experimental room."

GDxvetr.png
    "Oh man, it is! I see two chemical analyzers Josh and a lot more storage to check."
    "I hope those analyzers work!"
    "We won't need them, hopefully, if we find the jars of vaccine!"
    "I wouldn't count on it."

gmjzxD6.png
    This room appeared to have all their monitors in tact. Most of them held diagrams of the same chemical equations, with one missing ingredient.

q35fcVh.png
    The couple went to work checking everywhere the vaccine jars might be stored. Unfortunately, they only found a multitude of empty jars and only one chemical analyzer still in working order.

WywsIbs.png
    "Alright, we'll have to try making a vaccine ourselves. Well, one of us anyway, and I think it should be you Beautiful."
    "Me? Why me? We could take turns."
    "You've spent days studying those chemical equations. You took a chemistry class, I didn't. I don't know anything about any of it. It all looks like gobbledy goop to me."
    "Gobbledy goop? I would've said Greek, but okay." Essa giggled.

bSs8oF0.png
    "Do you really think I can do it? I still don't know as much as I should, I'm not a scientist or a Lab technician."
    "You can do it Beautiful! I believe in you, go for it!"
    "I'll try, I guess I don't have a choice anyway."
    "I'll be right here beside you, cheering you on!"
    "Thanks Babe...oh wait! Oh no! Dangit! We didn't bring the formulas folder."
    "Maybe they're stored on the analyzer? Makes sense anyway."

Q5DfOwZ.png
    "There they are! All the formulas, including a list of the ones that didn't work. Good thinking Josh, you're so smart."
    "Things occur to me from time to time." Josh said with a wink.

MercUEH.png
    "Easy, easy, take it slow. You're doing great Beautiful!"
    "Thanks, I'm doing the best I can."

PnwD2Vp.png
    "Alright, that's three. Should I make more? Or do you want to go try these first?"
    "Let's try those, who knows, maybe we got lucky. We can always come back if none of them work, right?"
    "Right."

156gdFl.png
    "I'm not seeing any infected people, are you?"
    "I didn't see any either, but I do now. Look over there, in the alley. There's a guy who looks like he's infected. Go for it Beautiful, you made it, you get the honors of seeing if one of them works."
    "Cool, okay. Here goes nothing...or hopefully everything!"

kXMRdTl.png
    Essa ran over to a man slowly making his way down the alley, his head flopping side to side, limbs stiff and curled while mumbled incoherently. She yelled, "Hey, you!"
    The guy turned around and Essa threw the experimental vaccine in his face.

o6EJKPa.png
    ΜØŦĦ€Ř ҜŇØŴŞ ΔŁŁ.

Unfortunately, it didn't work and the guy was still infected.
    "Dangit!"

1Ezuudj.png
    "Let's look down this way. There's bound to be more of them somewhere."

JYqnRIu.png
    They soon found another infected guy and Essa ran over to throw the second jar in his face.
    "Be cured! Huzza!"
    (Why did I say that? This isn't a magic spell I'm doing.)
    (It will be a magical miracle if one of these works though.)

L8Jx9YU.png
    ǤΔŽ€ ỮƤØŇ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ β€ ØŇ€

"Uh, no thanks Buddy. I'm sorry, I can't help you."
    (Ugh, only one more left.)
    Essa saw another guy lurching toward her.

e6q7wVj.png
    She crossed her fingers and threw the last jar of experimental vaccine in his pop-eyed face as he mumbled about the Mother, just like the others.

ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř..."and know...uh...and...know---AHHHHHH!"

He screamed as if the experimental vaccine had burned him and then fell to the ground unconscious.

gKbtEos.png
    "Beautiful, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
    "Oh, oh, I think so. I think it might've worked. Gawd, I hope so!"

Moments later as the two stood watching to see what would happen next, the guy got up and immediately hugged both of them, thanking them over and over for saving his life. He said he hadn't felt this good since before he'd eaten a strange looking piece of red fruit left in his refrigerator. He told them even when he wasn't wandering around like a zombie under the Mother's control, he could hear her calling to him. Her voice was completely gone from his mind.

He ran off, with his arms thrown up in the air yelling at the top of his lungs, "I'm cured, I'm cured! Woo Hoo! I'm me, I'm free! I'm FREEEEEEEE!"

bAtm3yK.png
    "Oh my GAWD, it's a miracle! You did it Beautiful, you found the right formula! I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it!"
    "Wow! I don't believe it! After only three tries! How is that possible?"
    "We got lucky! Plus your hard work and all that studying paid off, you did it!"

Josh and Essa, hugged each other tight, jumping up and down, laughing and cheering in excitement and relief. There was a light at the end of the long dark tunnel now getting brighter and brighter. They were confident that soon, they would defeat the Mother and bring peace again to StrangerVille.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52
    Jaz got given an ultimatum from the school after two weeks of using hall passes in the same class at the same time each day to go to the "bathroom". They figured either she's skipping class, or there's something physically wrong with her. So either she would get suspended, or she would go to the doctor to get checked out. The lead up to this was about a week ago, but I gave some time because they needed to arrange for insurance funding and get the appointment. If that makes sense?
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @Karababy52
    Oh, so they aren't possessed at all now? Just for a minute when the door opened?
    Day 22 - We don't always need story. Beautiful picture though! :)
    That building table works in two parts: Everyone age kid and older can build something on there (it takes forever though - like, 8am-3pm). Once there's a finished house, the table works just like a dollhouse :)

@sassytxbrat -
    Somehow you started with 1 child and 3 adults, and now have... How many kids? More toddlers than I want to imagine, and only 2 adults... :D Perhaps starting with a child or toddler is contagious - all of you, me and @IllusoryThrall have done it and have ended up with big families. At least mine was carefully planned though so I never have more than 2, and usually only 1 toddler in the house...!

@permanentrose -
    The acne was from Slice of Life and totally unintended. But after your comment, I left it (until I had to fix the wedding photo), so thank you! :D

@IllusoryThrall -
    Brett chewing out phoenix was for some reason sooo funny!
    Congrats to finishing Jazmyn's aspiration, and for Benji's promotion! Poor Jaz not knowing what to expect, and even the doctor isn't properly listening to her or taking the time to reassure her! Realistic, but so sad... :'(

@LegacySims2017 - Congrats on the 2nd shot! Hope you will get better soon.

@SoulGal7 -
    the fact that you haven't cleaned up that misunderstanding until now actually gives me some food for though. Are you planning on Kyoshi misunderstanding Wolfgang that Sakura is pregnant (from Wolfgang) to make the mess even bigger? Ahhh! These two need to have a long, serious talk!
    I'm Team Wolfgang, I have to admit. Her relationship with Kyoshi was perfect, but they had all tese misunderstandings and stuggles, and were both keeping stuff from each other. I don't know if that trust can be replenished.

@Skeilah -
    beautiful wedding. I don't envy you on organizing it though! :D
    That shot of Jess singing was so perfect.
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    *Updated my May 23rd post above! Hubby's getting up for work so I'll have to go for a bit. Be back soon to make any needed comments. Hope y'all have a fabulous day/night! :)
    @IllusoryThrall
    Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification. :) I apologize for missing that information in your post. o.O I have to be honest here and say I tend to skip over some parts of your posts because it's such a depressing story. Plus, the mice is too close to home from when I was a kid myself. I grew up in an old farmhouse and we had mice. A couple times one got in my bed and was down by my feet squirming around. I screamed and jumped out of there so dang fast! o.O So there's lots of triggers in your story for me. Not the abuse or poverty parts, though we were struggling after my Dad died when I was 10, it's mostly the mice. I hope you understand and don't take offense to that fact.

@miss_eulenauge
    Yes, that's the default for what happens when Sims open the steel door with a keycard and walk through the blue mist. They will become possessed, but it's only temporary. The only way to get infected and become regularly possessed every day, is by eating the strange fruit or drinking fizzy juice from the EL pack made with strange fruit. Or if you cheat to give them the possessed trait. Vampires can also become possessed by biting Sims if that Sim is infected.

Thank you about my daily post pic screenshot! Yes, the story isn't necessary, of course, but it's become normal to include it so I feel weird when I can't due to a variety of reasons anyway. :) Good to know about the activity table. I'll keep that in mind when any of my Sims have kids now. :)

edited May 2021
    Update - Ruby's Rebels

9vLFl98.jpg

Notes:
    Spring was in the air, and the last place Ruby wanted to be was cooped up in this dumb library doing dumb homework.

"UGH, this is SO boring."
    SMt9CHa.png

Kristine looked over at her with a mischievous grin on her face. "We should totally do that thing we've been talking about," she told her, and glanced around the table at the other kids. "It would be fun to bring everyone along. You guys up for an adventure?"
    Gfs1Cp3.png

Everyone was, except Theo (yeah Theo's a goody two shoes, not sure how he's gonna keep up with Ruby and Kristine haha. He was a clingy toddler and aged up with the squeamish trait so it seems in character for him). "Can you at least tell us where we're going???" he demanded.

"You'll see," said Ruby, her eyes glinting with excitement.
    sNvlVxF.jpg

"But we're supposed to stay at the library until our parents come back," Theo said as they wandered farther and farther into the desert, until they neared a large crater. Even Mia was looking a bit nervous at this point.

"We still have some time until they come back," Ruby assured him.
    7JOEZ2n.jpg

They approached a building soon after and climbed through a gap in the fence. "Just like how Mom said it would be in all her stories about this," Ruby turned to tell Kristine, excited to have finally found an excuse to visit the lab her mother so often spoke about.

They stepped closer to the building, approaching one of the doors.
    xjBEIQo.jpg

"What is this place?" Abel asked a bit nervously, looking at the broken computer and mess scattered around.
    u1eYdxC.png

"It's the lab where that big monster plant was," Ruby informed them. "The one that my mom and Emmett defeated. I think it still might be here, in the basement of the lab. I've been dying to check it out, and when I told Kristine about it, we both really wanted to come here. This part is boring though. All the fun stuff is on the lower levels. Let's see if we can get down there."

They found a door that looked like it had once needed keycard access, but it seemed as though it had since stopped functioning - it had slid wide open and seemed as though it had been that way for sometime now. "You all ready for this?" Ruby asked. Kristine eagerly stepped up beside her, but the other four definitely seemed a bit more unsure.
    VlgEkAe.png

"This is so cool," Kristine whispered as they traversed deeper into the lab, though none of them spoke much after that, their anticipation and nerves rising.
    rz87cia.jpg

They stopped for a moment when they entered a room filled with off plants, in awe of the strangeness around them.
    EaBcwIF.jpg

But Ruby continued to lead them forward, certain they were close to the heart of the lab.
    QoDHKPH.jpg

And then the saw it - the limp form a colossal plant.

They cautiously stepped toward the Mother plant, struck by silence as they gazed upon the beastly thing.
    0xweUQv.jpg

Ruby wandered away from the group for a moment, bending down near the edge of the pit to get a closer look. She couldn't believe her mom had fought this thing and survived.
    sgfeDjQ.jpg

They left shortly after, knowing their parents would be back to pick them up soon. As they stepped back into the desert, they began to chat excitedly about all they had seen, though Theo was still especially nervous and quite glad they had finished this excursion.

Theo let out a groan as Ruby announced, "We are totally coming back here again."
    q1paodf.jpg

--
    Fun update, right - just watching some kids walk for like 10 screenshots LOL? :D There's nothing kids can interact with in the lab, including the door, even if they get a keycard, so I had to be creative...I just thought this would be a fun little deviant storyline to explore with Ruby. I've barely left their house since I solved the mystery so while coming up with ideas for updates that involved leaving the lot, I thought of this. Jules will not be pleased at all if she finds out what Ruby has been up to...
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    @permanentrose Love seeing their adventure.

@miss_eulenauge There are so many little ones in that house. I can't wait to get Mia moved out. Only one more week to go. I have fairly lax about them having babies since I don't have to stick around to grow them up.
    ~Teresa~
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 24
    yLUEh6w.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    The wedding was awesome... But eventually everything comes to an end... And now we had to clean up the place.

17P8Opt.png
    (???) “Good night, sir. I’m sorry to bother you, but are you perhaps Bryon Ellison?”

7jd9SOb.png
    I turn around and look at the man in front of me. He just stands there, smiling. I thought everyone was gone, and I don’t recognise this man.

(Bryon) “Well, Yes… But… Do I know you?”

84wZXFy.png
    The man sits on one of the chairs and then continues to speak.

(???) “I’m sorry to not introduce myself earlier. My name is—“
    (Naoki) “Rene? What are you doing here?”

Apparently Naoki knows this man. I’m confused.

T4n8pil.png
    (Rene) “Ah! Sir Saito! I was just about to introduce myself to your new husband, but I’m even more happy to see you! I have an urgent message to deliver to you, from m'Lady Saito.“
    (Naoki) “My sister? Did something happen to her?”

h1AtrT4.png
    (Rene) “No, but you're not gonna like the news. Maybe you should sit down for this...”

fagzOGF.png
    (Bryon) “Wait a second. What’s going on? Sir? M’Lady? What??”

aSgzgHF.png
    (Rene) “I suppose you never told your new husband about your origins?”
    (Naoki) "I... Didn't. Could we all sit down for a second?"

3sxTA3i.png
    So, we went to sit down.

(Bryon) "So, tell me about your 'origins'."
    (Naoki) “This is Rene Beauchamps. The… Butler from House of Saito... And I'm the only son of Duke Katsutoshi and Duchess Maria Saito.”

rFn75lU.png
    (Bryon) “Wait. House of Saito? Only son?! No way… I mean, I’ve heard about the wealthy Saito Household... But… I thought you... Were just a lone traveller... Without any living relatives...”

RsmCzti.png
    (Naoki) “I'm still a lone traveller. I wanted to leave my past behind me. My parents are very old-fashioned. They couldn't understand my sexuality. I ran away. I have a younger sister, Hana. She was still too young when I got out of that place, but I still regret leaving her alone there. We write letters to each other now and then, but I haven't received anything for quite the time..."

(Rene) “Sir Saito. I’m sorry for interrupting… But… The reason you haven't heard from m'Lady is exactly why I came here today. You see... Duke and Duchess Saito recently came in contact with another wealthy family. They have a son who's around the same age as m’Lady Saito…”

yJoOqWW.png
    (Naoki) “They want her have an arranged marriage… No way. Is that why I didn't hear from her lately?”
    (Rene) “Yes. m’Lady Saito actually asked me personally to deliver this message, since she doesn't have time alone anymore, and so no time to write you. m’Lady Saito needs you to get out of the so called ‘old-fashioned’ household. Your parents… Became really protective of her after you left.”

kFvQKVy.png
    (Naoki) “Argh... Those old-fashioned parents of mine…”

xM0CfdI.png
    (Naoki) “But I can’t just leave Bryon behind here. We have a house, we have children.”
    (Rene) “You can take those with you too. I’ll make sure to have a lot available for you to put your… House on.”
    (Naoki) “... Can we please… Think about this for a while?”

oIc1i0x.png
    (Rene) “As you wish, sir. I’ll be waiting in my hotel room for your call. Just remember, every day that passes by is one day less to help m’Lady Saito.”

ZbdS29A.png
    And with that, the butler leaves.

(Bryon) “I still don’t understand it completely.”
    (Naoki) “I’ll explain everything at home. Can we please finish up here first?”
    (Bryon) “Yeah, sure…”

So, just as I thought we were living the good life, something new was right around the corner.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top