Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims No longer Like The Decor??!!

adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
The other month, I moved 4 Sims into a lovely house on a 50x50 lot in Willows Creek and they loved it. For some reason, when I went to play it last night, 3 of the Sims now feel uncomfortable with the decor (wall paintings or wall/floor colour). How could they have changed their mind?
2quwd7.gif

Post edited by adamclark83 on

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    It might be a glitch. This one isn't about sims suddenly feeling uncomfortable with the decor all of a sudden. But the underlining principle of sims feeling different about something that's in their new house all of a sudden is the same. Every time that I move a sim or sims into a new house with a lovely and large kitchen that I had just built for them. I send them into their new kitchen for the first and every thing is just fine. But if I send them back into their new for the second or have them cook in their new kitchen for the first time. They suddenly feel like they have walked into a place that's dirty. And no this has nothing to do with the Bust the Dust Kit on the fact that it has been going on in my game long before that ever got released. Nor does it have to do with the neat trait because this happens even to my sims that don't have that trait. And I have gone over ever inch of that kitchen. I even have gone as far as replacing everything that I had placed in that kitchen before they moved in. And still have not found the cause. Having them leave and return home afterwards doesn't remove the issue either.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    But I remember when I first moved them in, I played the house numerous times over the few months but it's only just recently they feel uncomfortable with it.
    2quwd7.gif

Are they feeling this way all over the house or just one room?
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Yes happened to me too. Some of my many years played families all felt uncomfortable in the house they've always lived in. So random and glitches are getting worse with each update.
    edited May 2021
    The more I read about what the two of you have said about having this issue with new homes that you had moved your sim family into, and what I went through in my saved games over the years. I think that this glitch is a core related glitch. The fact is this, in both cases, sims are suddenly feeling different about their surroundings with no apparent cause to the issue that's noticeable. For me this issue of my sims suddenly feeling that they are in a dirty kitchen started right after we had gotten Dine Out. In my case, I thought that it was an issue with the new dishwashers that came with Dine Out. So I replaced every thing that was in the kitchen, starting with those and no change. Now I don't know when this issue started in your games.
    ETA: In my case, it's cross-platform. In my case, this issue has been occurring in my saved games on both PC and PS4.