Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I just now noticed that toddlers give a little yawn when you have a parent wake them up -- so cute!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    One of my families, with four children and a toddler, went to the Festival of Youth. They were there for about four hours doing the Voidcritter Hunt and two of the kids succeeded in getting all ten. But because they had to leave early to go to scouts, none of them received a blessing (which I didn’t know about anyway). So the four children have been upset, and a couple of them angry, for five days now as every time they see their parents, it renews the hurt feelings. The oldest just aged to a teen and her hurt feelings seem to have gone away now, but the other three - I don’t know what to do! It shouldn’t take this long to get over the hurt from not receiving the blessing! And it’s not like they can avoid their parents in order not to continually be upset!

Apparently this is a glitch that has been around since November last year, which one would think would be fixed by now!!! I think I’ll have to avoid that festival until the glitch is fixed!

Can you make a vacation day on the calendar for that day ( if you have seasons ), and will that keep the kids from going off to scouts?
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Did you know that there are bumblebees in the game? Is this due to Eco Lifestyle?
    Bumble-bees.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    That's more due to Seasons. I've seen them, and I don't have Eco Lifestyle.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    There is a rare yellow specter in haunted houses called Dinah that makes sims close to it embarrassed.
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    One of my families, with four children and a toddler, went to the Festival of Youth. They were there for about four hours doing the Voidcritter Hunt and two of the kids succeeded in getting all ten. But because they had to leave early to go to scouts, none of them received a blessing (which I didn’t know about anyway). So the four children have been upset, and a couple of them angry, for five days now as every time they see their parents, it renews the hurt feelings. The oldest just aged to a teen and her hurt feelings seem to have gone away now, but the other three - I don’t know what to do! It shouldn’t take this long to get over the hurt from not receiving the blessing! And it’s not like they can avoid their parents in order not to continually be upset!

Apparently this is a glitch that has been around since November last year, which one would think would be fixed by now!!! I think I’ll have to avoid that festival until the glitch is fixed!

Can you make a vacation day on the calendar for that day ( if you have seasons ), and will that keep the kids from going off to scouts?

That is actually a very good idea! Thank you! Next time I’m going to take children to that festival, I’ll turn it into a holiday 😆. I think that means that the kids won’t go to scouts.... I hope!
  • marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    I just found out that if the ghost of a deceased pet comes visit, you can add them to your household and enjoy an immortal ghost companion! I never actually noticed.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Something I've been using on the phone a LOT to fill both Social and Fun needs is "Check Social Media Timeline". It fills the two needs a bit at a time at a rate of x3 for Social and x2 for Fun, but if you fill the queue with repeats of this action it'll bring both needs from mid point to nearly full, IF a Tense moodlet (something about too much internet) doesn't pop up. However like all Tense moodlets you can talk to a mirror to calm yourself down if it's not buried under other moodlets then continue queueing up the actions, or get the Carefree reward trait and never be Tense again.
    The cake is a lie
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can enjoy dates at retail stores (or if you're British, shops).
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I didn't know that sims can return from football match injured (discover university).

Qats1vO.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I didn't expect the model at the figure painting event to make exactly the poses that we all know from the figure paintings :D

figure-painting-pose-match-cropped.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I never realized how powerful umbrellas were. Not only do they protect your Sims from rain, but they can also prevent an alien abduction if it's raining at the time. Unfortunately they can also prevent a wedding. If your Sim's fiance is not a member of the household and is holding an umbrella, he or she won't be able to perform the animations necessary for a wedding.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I never realized how powerful umbrellas were. Not only do they protect your Sims from rain, but they can also prevent an alien abduction if it's raining at the time. Unfortunately they can also prevent a wedding. If your Sim's fiance is not a member of the household and is holding an umbrella, he or she won't be able to perform the animations necessary for a wedding.

why does that strike me as being so awesome!? I wanna jilt someone with an umbrella! And better than the tinfoil hat in foiling abductions? If only it could be used as a stabbing weapon too...
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

why does that strike me as being so awesome!? I wanna jilt someone with an umbrella! And better than the tinfoil hat in foiling abductions? If only it could be used as a stabbing weapon too...

having an umbrella to stand under is very important!

giphy.gif
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I admittedly haven't played Sims 4 very much, so I'm mostly familiar with Sims 2 deaths and the more obvious Sims 4 deaths like death by fire. Yesterday, however, Liberty Lee died in my vanilla game from "Cardiac explosion." She was extremely upset about her husband, who in my game was one of the Bros, cheating on her. Seems kind of silly to die from that as it's a very natural reaction!
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    I didn't know that sims can return from football match injured (discover university).

Qats1vO.png

@Wolfie It’s a nice touch that they automatically get a bandage too for the duration of their injury. Makes me wonder why they didn’t add something like this to snowy escape as well since sims get injured quite frequently in that pack too
  • FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    > @mightysprite said:
    > I didn't expect the model at the figure painting event to make exactly the poses that we all know from the figure paintings :D

Wow this is actually so cool.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Everyone and their mother probably already knows about this exploit but I'm new(ish).
    If you use the "Take a photo of/with..." interactions and take all those 5 pics of a sim, it raises their relationship a ridiculous amount. I used it on someone my sim barely knew and then BAM: you are friends now. Ok then. Apparently sims really like having their photos taken. I think I'm personally going to avoid this since it feels pretty cheap.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wolfium wrote: »

Qats1vO.png

@Wolfie It’s a nice touch that they automatically get a bandage too for the duration of their injury. Makes me wonder why they didn’t add something like this to snowy escape as well since sims get injured quite frequently in that pack too

@permanentrose Nvm, both packs are EPs. It probably was oversight.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Everyone and their mother probably already knows about this exploit but I'm new(ish).
    If you use the "Take a photo of/with..." interactions and take all those 5 pics of a sim, it raises their relationship a ridiculous amount. I used it on someone my sim barely knew and then BAM: you are friends now. Ok then. Apparently sims really like having their photos taken. I think I'm personally going to avoid this since it feels pretty cheap.

Been here since day 1 and did not know that. 😬
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Thrior wrote: »

Haha yeah, I have a fashion photographer and he has SO many friends!
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Mstybl95 Glad to know it wasn't completely redundant knowledge :D
    @elanorbreton No wonder, I bet he needed that trait which keeps friendships from decaying lol (if he cared about those I mean). It's such a ridiculously powerful feature.

Like, here's this Louis guy before and after taking those 5 photos.
    VjIgjRQ.jpg
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Reminder that children get pretty disgusted when their parent(s) are kissing in the same room as them. :p
    5vJrxmT.png
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Something I've noticed is that if I cook something on a grill at one of the parks then leave the rest on a table after I've had a serving, then travel to my home plot and sleep, when I travel back to the park the food I had left on the table has not aged at all and is still safe to eat. The food ages only while my sim is in the same area/neighborhood, when he travels away it stops aging and doesn't resume aging till he returns. I know it makes more sense to just put the leftovers in a fridge but in scenarios like rags to riches it could be a while before he can have a fridge. And I know this looks more like a glitch and is really cheaty but I thought it was neat.
    The cake is a lie
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member

...I should look up and see if anyone has the full stories behind these online somewhere...
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top